Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
Also posted in the Home Theater Forum:

You can see the whole thread here.

I have the front end gear taken care of, now I need to concentrate on the seat and wheel portion of the setup. :)

CDN57: I was under the impression, as indicated over on the RSC Forums, that you could use the same pedal cord w/the ECCI pedals as used with the stock G25 pedals?

Though..I could have read that part wrong...seeing as I read about that many many months ago.

If there were a cable I can get to plug into the wheel without changing these HD-USB pots I’d definitely buy it, although I don’t believe it’s available.
The conversion is quick with this rig and the G25 pedals are much better than those matched with my old red Momo Force.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Good to see others in this thread with a similar passion for the hobby. I got my inspiration to build a cockpit after spotting “nojar’s” rig at RSC in the summer of 2004. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me posting a pic.

Attachments

• 100_0087.JPG
    100_0087.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 218
Many of you have fantastic setups, nice work!

Jαke;3038086
Custom built by yours truly. I designed this simple frame in 3dsmax after refining a wooden prototype. Thanks to dad for letting me use the welder. This is the 3rd one I built, the other two are at chucks for GT4 LAN. Wheel and pedal box are screwed into place, so there's absolutely no sliding or flex. Adjustable seat bought from JC Whitney. $40 for the steel and $170 for the seat.

Jake, nice setup, I really need to get down to Conn and try that out! Is that a pair of Sennheiser HD-555 headphones I see in your photo? I ask because I just bought a set (ebay, open box, missing ipod jack-who cares?-$50) and was wondering how they work for you. Mine should be here today!

My cockpit is a 1992 Chevy S-10 bucket seat that I throw on the couch when it's time to drive. My DFGT and pedals are hooked to a small table that I can move around, so I just slide the wheel in front of the couch, and I'm off. Easy to break down and put away, I live in a tiny apartment, gotta be space-efficient.

Edit: New headphones rock!

My setup in light...
Setup2.jpg

My setup in dark...
Setup1.jpg

My setup (top view)
Setup4.jpg

By the way I use my TV (Sharp Aquos 32" 1080p) for both my television for ps3 and my computer monitor.

I also plan on getting a cockpit and possibly a G25 once I move, or by the end of summer.

How did you get that GT5 theme? It looks awesome 👍

Jake, nice setup, I really need to get down to Conn and try that out! Is that a pair of Sennheiser HD-555 headphones I see in your photo? I ask because I just bought a set (ebay, open box, missing ipod jack-who cares?-$50) and was wondering how they work for you. Mine should be here today!

You should definitely come to CT for a LAN meet. You'd fit right in there. 👍 EDK (Kevin) made the trip from CA a few weeks back and we had a blast.

The HD555 should be amazing. I bought the HD580 and I love them. I had them for a few years and I swear they get better with age. The wire unplugs from the ear cups which has saved the life of them many times when I get out of the cockpit too quickly. (total user error built right in) They are a dynamic 'open' set so I can still hear people talk while driving which is great when they think you can't hear them.... (that's you Barb! :sly:) Picked up the PX200 for my girlfriends ipod as well. If I could, I'd get one of everything from Sennheiser.

Had a great time racing with you online and hope to see you out there again. :cheers:

This is where I browse and race ... I use the HD tv on its own when just simply browsing the net and the smaller screen is turned off, but I do swap to the small monitor for msn race arranging when GT5P is booted, no racing seat just a crappy pc chair that moves backwards sometimes due to its wheels :P .. but I can live with it for now :)

Some absolutely awesome set ups posted already that really help with ideas on how to improve my own! cheers guys :cheers:

This is where I browse and race ... I use the HD tv on its own when just simply browsing the net and the smaller screen is turned off, but I do swap to the small monitor for msn race arranging when GT5P is booted, no racing seat just a crappy pc chair that moves backwards sometimes due to its wheels :P .. but I can live with it for now :)

Some absolutely awesome set ups posted already that really help with ideas on how to improve my own! cheers guys :cheers:

I like that background a lot more than mine. Where did you get it?

Hi guys, here's mine:

//images...

It's not much, but me and my buddies have a blast playing GT5P here :)
That's the real essence of a cockpit, to make playing much more fun. I'd post a picture of mine, but it's not assembled and is back home just now. It's essentially 3 bits of timber, i still need a seat for it, i was using someone elses seat but he wanted it back for his rally car :( .

@tonyt3rry: its the camera, cameras' have a hard time taking a good shot of an LCD tv/screen as they are natively very bright. They add a second light source to the camera which then has to try and figure out how best to take a shot. Also he's used flash while taking the photo which makes everything look a bit darker (apart from the G25 where it has appeared to focus) Ideally when taking a shot of an LCD screen, if you have an older camera, turning down the brightness/backlight of the tv will make it easier for the camera. Also turning off Flash helps alot too.

Anywho, my setup that i race you guys with from all the way at the bottom of NZ :D

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

The table was home made designed for the DFP. Since moving the G25 in, its become a little more cramped but still drivable. Had to be a mobile table so its easy to move for when i use it for other things, multiplayer games, movies etc. Works just fine for me. Not as grand as some of the other setups, but its tidy and does the job

It gets the job done.

0608081637qz5.jpg

Mine is similar to yours. I used the exact same TV tray. But I used angle brackets to attach it to a piece if 3/4 plywood. The gallon milk jugs are filled with water, to make it more stable when cranking on the DF GT wheel. And it's in the living room, so I can move it out of the way when I'm not driving.
------
Sony Bravia 40 in. LCD
Kenwood 100 watt per channel 5.1 surround sound w/Sony speakers
Logitech Driving Force GT

Attachments

• DSCF0011(1a).JPG
    DSCF0011(1a).JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF0008(1a).JPG
    DSCF0008(1a).JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF0012(1a).JPG
    DSCF0012(1a).JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 105
I used the exact same TV tray.

When flogging around Eiger I have to push my legs out to keep the thing on the ground. :)

Note that I have mine turned around so that the cross member is under my legs. It is a much better position for the pedals. I also like having the wheel closer to me.

Back