Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
I'll post it on here too, so you won't spend you're money on those wobbly tables.. :D

I'm going to make an evo2 desing out of my current stand, I will post it here when I'm done.. :) ...but I don't know when I'll get the right time+mood to do it.. in a couple of weeks for sure! ..I'm on holiday now and kind of feeling a bit lazy... :(

But just for you to know, what's to expect in a while..

BigGameHit

and the last of the thread jacking from me.... there are many levels... i just raced a couple weeks ago for 40 dollars dude. its a nice entry level.... from solo up to Pro racing.

I have a Playseat Evolution and G25, the Playseat is great but can be a little uncomfortable after an hour or so's driving. I have resulted to sitting on some extra foam !:ouch:. Its very stable and folds away to a degree, Worth the money in my opinion.. got my one from ebay.

R5

Inspiring and cool, i'm currently running my 'sim v3' but one day i will upgrade to more serious stuff.

It seems the only way to keep my wife happy is to make sure no traces of my racing adventures are left.

I guess i may get her approval for something like the guy in this video
(never stop dreaming ;))
(if you can't wait a minute, ffwd to 1.23, it's that remote control button i want to be able to push....)

Please tell me your job is some how related to that setup...ie automation, robotics, etc?

Inspiring and cool, i'm currently running my 'sim v3' but one day i will upgrade to more serious stuff.

It seems the only way to keep my wife happy is to make sure no traces of my racing adventures are left.

I guess i may get her approval for something like the guy in this video
(never stop dreaming ;))
(if you can't wait a minute, ffwd to 1.23, it's that remote control button i want to be able to push....)

Just WoW!

Can I come over and try it out, please? :D No really!

You should definitely have to start using a multi screen setup. What if you decide that you want a moving platform? Is it possible to build one inside that automated setup?

ehh...

2607731885_60431375ba_o.jpg

2608550440_e8b5cfca83_o.jpg

finally broke down and ordered the G25. maybe saturday ill go out looking for some old seats to yank out of some cars. my step dad is restoring an MGB and he put new seats in it. i wonder what the old seats were like...i dont remember. maybe a trip to the lumber yard too.

Wow,

Obviouisly my 'sim' is not up par with most pics in here (like the one just above this post ;))

But anyways, i have a 'construction' that, if my wife permits, i can setup in the living room.
Fortunately my wife is great, so i can usually play at late evening / night.

And this is where i play :)
(to be sure: No, i didn;t find my sim in that pink book you see on the first pic, it's my wife's book, -really, it is ;))

sim5ub1.jpg

sim4ah3.jpg

sim3ds7.jpg

sim2ot2.jpg

sim1hu0.jpg

Not much, but very cheap and quite rigid and functional.

But anyways, i have a 'construction' that, if my wife permits, i can setup in the living room.
Fortunately my wife is great, so i can usually play at late evening / night.

Not much, but very cheap and quite rigid and functional.

Nice rig! That seat looks comfy. I know what you mean about the wife permiting, :) I guess I'm quite lucky too as my fiancee is pretty cool with my rig being set up in the lounge. Everytime i get out she normally jumps in and drives the R8 or WRX around london. The best thing is she is only 1 and a half seconds of my times. :embarrassed:

Nice rig! That seat looks comfy. I know what you mean about the wife permiting, :) I guess I'm quite lucky too as my fiancee is pretty cool with my rig being set up in the lounge. Everytime i get out she normally jumps in and drives the R8 or WRX around london. The best thing is she is only 1 and a half seconds of my times. :embarrassed:

Thanks Poncha and Hyper, it's still nice to read my creation isn't too ugly ;)

That's impressive Hyper, my wife will only race on the Oval ;)

That came in handy with gt3 and the endurance race at the oval :cheers:

New member here... Haven't done much gaming since SNES days. Things have changed a bit.

That's a 110" diagonal screen and Apogee Acoustics Duetta Signature speakers.

2618657128_2fef58d269.jpg

2618662306_a02ff3a31c.jpg

2618662852_c9d8f3e128.jpg

2617840417_82b92a52d3.jpg

2618664762_c4152eb388.jpg

2617842357_250c078cf4.jpg

2618666144_9ef506c1d9.jpg

Projector is a 3 year old Infocus 7205 (720p). I'll be going 1080p sometime in the next 6 months.

Oh, and there are two Velodyne DD-12 subwoofers sitting behind the speakers... and the room is soundproofed :-)

Back