Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
By far the best setup I have ever seen nameless. How long did it take to put all that together?

I had to build 2 full prototypes before I built this third one.. hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.. it's just a hobby that grew on me and turned into something way crazier than even I ever imagined.

Gonna be moving onto #4 pretty quick here... hopefully that one will be niceest one of all.

Just picked this up tonight :) I'm all ready for iRacing now.

P1010278.jpg

Well...... nowhere near the anal, crazy levels of awesomeness that is wtf i'm nameless:crazy:

But here is mine:

2590181152_6514ec4ca7.jpg

68cm Sony (Soon to have a 22" Asus LCD attached to the front)
G25
Hyperdrive Cockpit (plank of wood holding the Shifter on until the add on for the G25 shifter arrives)

Not much, but great fun.... i enjoy it immensely.

Ok peeps, I had been using this for the last week or so.

DSC00018.jpg

Here is rig MKII made for my new G25.
Measurements were taken from an Elise. It is a very nice driving position.
I cant take any credit for the build as my mate built if for me. Top mate. 👍
Hopefully get it painted this weekend if the weather is good. Also the seat is on a runner which is good as the other half has got longer legs than me.

Edit

Updated with painted pics.

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

Drink driving.........me not an all.

Hiccccc........im not drunk ossifer onest.

:lol::lol:

Oh yeah cool setup and liking your Sony LCD.👍

Just a thought here, GTP_DONK: You might want to consider putting a full "plate" under the pedal box to support the whole base.

When I tilted my DF pedal box, the base cracked because of no support. The newer base may be stronger, but so are the forces necessary to use the pedals, so I would still recommend putting a full-length support under it.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Drink driving.........me not an all.

Hiccccc........im not drunk ossifer onest.

:lol::lol:

Oh yeah cool setup and liking your Sony LCD.👍

Ha Ha, need a beer with all the punters. Thanks DONK. 👍

Just a thought here, GTP_DONK: You might want to consider putting a full "plate" under the pedal box to support the whole base.

When I tilted my DF pedal box, the base cracked because of no support. The newer base may be stronger, but so are the forces necessary to use the pedals, so I would still recommend putting a full-length support under it.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Hi, thanks for the info. I dont think it will be a problem though as my heels are on the upper of the base right on the second support beam. 👍

Inspiring and cool, i'm currently running my 'sim v3' but one day i will upgrade to more serious stuff.

It seems the only way to keep my wife happy is to make sure no traces of my racing adventures are left.

I guess i may get her approval for something like the guy in this video
(never stop dreaming ;))
(if you can't wait a minute, ffwd to 1.23, it's that remote control button i want to be able to push....)

DSC00269.jpg

Notice my shifter mods. :sly:

Just 2 rubber bands tied 2gether? Why did I not think of that.... I did the No noise mod, but this is GREAT. I am going to do the same.. *turns house upside down in order to find 2 rubber bands*

I had to build 2 full prototypes before I built this third one.. hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.. it's just a hobby that grew on me and turned into something way crazier than even I ever imagined.

Gonna be moving onto #4 pretty quick here... hopefully that one will be niceest one of all.

Just picked this up tonight :) I'm all ready for iRacing now.

P1010278.jpg

Wow...once again....and my God....ain't that the new Nvidia? And it costs like $700 dollars? Jesus man...where do you get all that money?

Mine, inspired when I saw another member had the same thing and I thought "I've got that desk, I'll use it!"

100_1684.jpg

100_1688.jpg

100_1689.jpg

View from seat:
100_1690.jpg

So, $15 for the desk around 6 years ago, $50 for the DFP, $8 for the chair 10+ years ago, and $.20 for the tape and paper.

From,
Chris.

Mine, inspired when I saw another member had the same thing and I thought "I've got that desk, I'll use it!"

So, $15 for the desk around 6 years ago, $50 for the DFP, $8 for the chair 10+ years ago, and $.20 for the tape and paper.

From,
Chris.

Good luck... thats how it all started for me now I have half a car in my basement. :sly:

(never stop dreaming ;))
(if you can't wait a minute, ffwd to 1.23, it's that remote control button i want to be able to push....)

Now thats something else! .. Space saving and looks so damn cool unpacking itself 👍 I never realized Doc Emmet Brown was into gaming? but he is very welcome to come and hook up the same games room in my house haha ;)

Awesome! :cheers:

716501_158_full.jpg

just kidding thats my car lol

Good stuff guys really men... i would love to take some of those for a spin

to the other guys if you think your setup are lame lol check this out.. i don't even have a wheel.

i was thinking about buying one, but im about to move to Japan, ill wait it out

I use to run my PS through my built PC, but some workers broke it moving in furniture.

p6200236ag4.jpg

the laptop and external sound card is just used to capture online races when i feel like it

you can tell the tv is crappy anytime that the Laptop displays it better lol

OHH OHH! We're posting setups?

YAY!

Here's my racing setup!

S7300086.jpg

S7300083.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

And here's my drifting setup!

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

2530852392_8cbb069988_b.jpg

And VIDEO of my setup in action

Yep, just like WTF IM NAMELESS . . .hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars . . .except at the end of the day . . . I'm outside of the house and I'm actually doing what makes drifters and racers . . . well . . .drifters and racers . . .

Thousands of dollars on gaming . . .pfft . . .

-Stig

you do understand this whole website is about gaming, yes ? :P
I reckon very few people whoplay gran turismo have the time/inclination/money to race for real, it's a game about racing but it doesn't make everyone wannabe racers

Inspiring and cool, i'm currently running my 'sim v3' but one day i will upgrade to more serious stuff.

It seems the only way to keep my wife happy is to make sure no traces of my racing adventures are left.

(never stop dreaming ;))

I've got two of these installed side by side and it moves about 3x as fast...oh wait no I don't! :ouch: That is one of the coolest things ever! Wait til my fiance sees this! haha, great share dude! 👍

Jerome

OHH OHH! We're posting setups?

YAY!

Here's my racing setup!

And here's my drifting setup!

Yep, just like WTF IM NAMELESS . . .hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars . . .except at the end of the day . . . I'm outside of the house and I'm actually doing what makes drifters and racers . . . well . . .drifters and racers . . .

Thousands of dollars on gaming . . .pfft . . .

-Stig

Yeah.. ok.. thanks for coming out.

I also have a Mustang that I race and have owned for over 10 years now... but I discuss that on the car forums... not gaming forums..

Yeah.. ok.. thanks for coming out.

I also have a Mustang that I race and have owned for over 10 years now... but I discuss that on the car forums... not gaming forums..

Oh really now batman . . . .10 years . . .that's a lot of racing, I hope to see you out there one day, I've only been in this sport since 04 when I came back from Japan . . .so I'm relatively new, but man oh man, this Mustang makes me feel 13 all over again!

Good times, hit me up on AIM, send me some pics and footage, I'd love to see your Stang in action, but no hijacking of threads . . LOL!

-Stig

I wish I could race in real life with half way decent cars. I would love to do that, but unfortunately I'm only 17 so I don't really have an option. Maybe some day, when I have more money.

I would never choose to do drifting though.

Playseat Classic

Playseat Evolution

^^^ I'm looking at the two Playseats above and I'm not so sure I'd even want the (newer) Evolution model because the pillar the steering wheel is mounted on looks like it would interfere with your pedal movements. On the other hand, the Classic looks like it wouldn't interfere at all. Anybody have any experience with these two setups?

Back