Your guilty pleasuresMusic 

• Thread starter nizmo_bro
  • 82 comments
nizmo_bro
What are some of your guilty pleasure songs or bands for that matter. You can explain yourself too, haha.

I got 2 that I won't even admit to my best friends.(I hope they won't be able to read this... :nervous: haha)
-Blondie, why not? I can't help but love Debbie Harry.
-The Cranberries, there are the few songs that I think are ok to admit to my friends I like, but I love pretty much all their stuff. :embarrassed:

I wanna read some good ones, don't let me single myself out. :indiff:

Just tons of slow jam songs, though I do not what your actually asking for.

Hes asking what your guilty pleasures in music are.

I have a nice little list of guilty pleasures...

Stone Sour
Green Day (older stuff)
Dope
Diecast
Hurt
Him

Something about those generic bands I like.. Most of them are for memories but in general they make me happy.

I've also been known to sing along too Katy Perry.

I'll even admit that I own DragonForce albums :ouch:

Guilty Pleasure- something you like, but hate to, or can't admit liking to friends.(Does that really need to be defined?)

In this case, music. It can be songs, bands, or even genres you like, but hate admitting to liking.

EDIT: Thank you Prosthetic, haha. First one to get it.

I hear a lot of "eww Coldplay" irl. Though I only have like 2 songs, I still listen to them once in a while.

Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Christina Aguilera... basically the pop stars in the 90s...I like their old songs so much more than the current mainstream pop songs... at least they could sing or had a singing voice and not a talk leik dis wif autotu-tu-tu-tune.

I don't have any music like that, people just accept I like a lot of other styles other than just metal

Meh. I like what I like and I really don't care much if it meets with others' approval. So I have no "guilty pleasures" when it comes to music, even though I do have (and listen to) some of the artists mentioned above.

I normally just listen to DnB and rock/indie.
But I also have S Club 7, All of the pokemon theme tunes and the Jurassic Park soundtrack on my iPod :D

Roxette would be the guilty pleasure.. although I do listen to lots of other rubbish I cop grief for anyway... most people don't understand my fascination for the Goldie Lookin Chain

Probably Glitch and Dubstep. And if you put anything in the CD player and press play, there's a good chance of me not minding it. @AOS all Coldplay songs ftw :D

Listening to Anime OP and EDs all day; so J-Pop, J-Rock, J-Metal.... That's one of mine for sure.

Closest to that would be Dire Straits, but I'm an open fan of them, and I'm almost proud of it so almost have one but no

Some of you have some strange friends if you'd be afraid to admit liking some of those bands. Nothing wrong with SoaD, first couple albums are pretty solid. And Dire Straits...man that just means you have great taste. Mark Knopfler is highly underrated as a guitarist. Be proud of liking them, not just almost proud.

Mine would have to be J-Pop and J-Rock, a bit of a stigma attached to that on this side of the world. Also, t.A.T.u. Gimmick Russian "lesbian" pop band at the beginning, but the music is good. Some Lady GaGa. Cascada. Cheesy 90s and early 2000s dance music like Haddaway and Kylie Minogue. I don't have a problem listening to everything except Opera, and I'm not big on today's rap/hip-hop.

Hey, I said closest since I'm expected to listen to heavy metal, but I understand music and appreciate Mark Knopfler as a guitarist, one of my favourite guitarists too, I say that, but that doesn't stop me from shouting out I'm a Dire Straits fan

I don't have any music like that, people just accept I like a lot of other styles other than just metal

Sorry to bump, quote myself, and double post at once. But I have a quilt pleasure band now. They're called Hey Ocean! It's the sort of music that if I did tell anyone I would almost definitely be mocked until my brain explodes. That is just because I live in a house orientated around metal music, and my friends mostly are too.

Here is some of their songs.

And before I close, one of the members is involved with MLP, which is how I found them. Now I'm starting to like their music.

I also thought this was an interesting thread.

I listen to just about everything, so there are plenty of music I enjoy that can be considered guilty pleasure.

Like the entire pop genre. :lol:

Yes, J-Pop too, Icarus, but they are domestic pop for me. :sly:

I have no guilt about any music I chose to listen to.

However I feel a bit guilty when I like some of the mainstream auto-tuned pop music at the top of the charts. I've yet to like any of the chart-topping pop songs enough to listen to them in full, however sometimes I scare myself by listening to their previews more then once.

*sigh* Oh god...

Should I really post it and ruin what little reputation I already have?... well...here goes...

Never Say Never - Justin Bieber Ft Jaden Smith.

And before I close, one of the members is involved with MLP, which is how I found them. Now I'm starting to like their music.

I also thought this was an interesting thread.

I've heard Big Blue Wave before. I am aware that Ashleigh Ball is in this band. Although this is only unknown in public cause I never have to bring it up (Not that I wouldn't), I don't hate Justin Bieber. Somebody to Love isn't bad.

BobK
Meh. I like what I like and I really don't care much if it meets with others' approval. So I have no "guilty pleasures" when it comes to music, even though I do have (and listen to) some of the artists mentioned above.

Agreed, but with that said, there's some Duran Duran songs I admit to raising the volume in my car when they play. Victim of the 1980's...yes.

I suppose the point is, we sometimes like things that sometimes bear little to no resemblance to our primary interests or favorite genres.

Put it this way: The stars appear close together in the sky, but they are usually many light-years apart in distance from our vision, and of different sizes and spectral classes, to boot.

Back