I had an excellent trading week. I was able to secure nearly all of the high end vehicles I was after using many of my painstakingly collected rare standards.
That all said, for my last trade I was taken by total surprise (some of you may have seen the 9 page thread lasting over 4 hours in the marketplace). A chap was offering a
Stealth McLaren code (I know, I know, they're expired in the US), as soon as I saw it, myself and a couple other people suspected a scam. Short story long, the other guy ended up getting the code, but then not wanting to go through with it as he thought it was only for the NASCAR (gamestop) and was really only after the McLaren.
So the chap deferred to me, and I was able to confirm that the code was in fact REAL, and that it WORKED before sending him some vehicles. I ended up trading away 6 vehicles (well I will over the next 5 days, I traded one today). But I was pretty surprised to see that it all worked out so lucky, and that the codes worked!
For those who may have missed the show, here's the thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146874
I suppose the best part about the whole thing is, that the guy I traded with, and the guy who ultimately didn't want to risk it have all formed an internet friendship (awwww) due to the lengthy ordeal. Haha... it was pretty neat, though I did have to stay up until 4am!