Your most anticipated games of 2023?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 88 comments
Meh, rally games have never clicked with me.
Interesting, maybe you've been playing the wrong ones? Granted a bad rally game can be immediately off-putting (I never clicked with WRC 10 / Generations for example) but Dirt Rally 1 and 2.0 were sublime.

Even with only minor improvements over DR 2.0 and current Rally 1 cars, I think WRC 23 will be hands down the best game of the year.

Interesting, maybe you've been playing the wrong ones? Granted a bad rally game can be immediately off-putting (I never clicked with WRC 10 / Generations for example) but Dirt Rally 1 and 2.0 were sublime.

Even with only minor improvements over DR 2.0 and current Rally 1 cars, I think WRC 23 will be hands down the best game of the year.
I owned Dirt Rally 2.0 and a couple of WRC games by Kylotonn on previous gen consoles but that’s about it. I haven’t given any of them a chance on PC yet but I’m unsure if that will change my mind.

I have a massive respect for Rally but I don’t watch it much. The coverage being **** here doesn’t help either.

I've never played proper D&D (board or computer) though I have read a lot of books based on it, so it may be a struggle but I'm very much considering getting Baldur's Gate 3 on PS5.

For me right now I am really looking forward to Armored Core 6. I have played every game in the series and I am so excited for a new entry in the series after 10 years. The only that I really want this year beside AC is Spiderman 2

kjb
For me right now I am really looking forward to Armored Core 6. I have played every game in the series and I am so excited for a new entry in the series after 10 years. The only that I really want this year beside AC is Spiderman 2
I second both of your picks. Spider-Man and AC6 are going to be money.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. I cannot wait to get lost in that world again, and from what I've seen online they've really improved the base game too.

Just one game in particular: Forza Motorsport 8.

I get that it's simply Forza Motorsport with no number, and is a soft reboot of the series, but the game itself was the reason why I bought my Xbox Series X in the first place. Having pre-ordered the Premium edition, much like what I would do before the launch of every Forza game, I can't wait for October 5th.

I cant believe how close Starfield is. One of the only games this year I have genuinely been excited for.

I'm not ready for BG3, it's going to consume my life. So many characters prepped and ready to go.
No way I can even finish one run before Spidey 2 comes, but that will have to take over to avoid spoilers.
As for any other games, see you sometime next year I guess.

NASCAR Arcade Rush looks better than I expected.
Any NASCAR game from a new studio gives hope for the future. Hopefully there will be a demo or beta before it's out.

It looks better (and possibly more accurate) than NASCAR ‘21:Ignition.

“They don’t make bad games anymore” - yes they do. Behold that dumpster fire.

It’s from GameMill so unless they pull a Hot Wheels Unleashed level of surprise I wouldn’t expect anything more than the shovelware that usually comes out of this studio.

Very excited to see if Starfield will live up to the hype. The 45 minute direct sure looked promising, but we’ll see how buggy it will be.

Phantom Liberty comes as a close second. It was the one I looked forward to the most actually, until the aforementioned Starfield Direct, which convinced me to get the game.

Very excited to see if Starfield will live up to the hype.
Interesting that there's not much appetite for it here, the thread for it is only two pages long and the last comments in it are nearly two months old. I'm expecting it to fall very, very far short of the hype (because we've seen little of it and it's only what, two or three weeks away?) but the hype is such that that still leaves room for it to be a great game. I doubt it'll run on a Steam Deck so I probably won't play until the next generation but that just means more time for patches and mods!

Interesting that there's not much appetite for it here, the thread for it is only two pages long and the last comments in it are nearly two months old. I'm expecting it to fall very, very far short of the hype (because we've seen little of it and it's only what, two or three weeks away?) but the hype is such that that still leaves room for it to be a great game. I doubt it'll run on a Steam Deck so I probably won't play until the next generation but that just means more time for patches and mods!
Yeah, running on SD is questionable. Maaaybe on the lowest settings, but probably streaming with Xbox Cloud or GFN (if it will end up landing there) will be a better experience. Biggest issue for SD is the fact that it only has a 4 core CPU, which I think CPU will be a limiting factor in this specific game.

I’m personally going to be running it on the ROG Ally. It’s not too far off from Series S in many games, so if S is running it at 1440p (upscaled from 864p) I think Ally will run it 720p/30, which does look fine on its awesome screen. There are rumors that FSR 3.0 will launch along with Starfield (or may launch slightly after), so that may allow for doubling the frames. I know framegen comes with lag, but for a game like this I think that shouldn’t matter as much.

I'm seriously considering building (well, picking the components and having the seller put it all together) a gaming PC just to get around Starfield's 30 fps limitation on consoles.

Being a forum for a Sony-based game and Starfield being Microsoft exclusive ...at least at this point, a large proportion of GTP members won't have Xboxes or gaming PCs to play it on. I have some appetite for it, but only in the same way i would have for a Nissan 400Z as a Brit who will probably never so much as even see one.

Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3 in the same month is going to cause me a problem. There are only 24 hours in a day.
Baulders Gate 3 is soaking up my limited gaming time at the moment, but I'm having a blast with it. I am going to get Starfield, but if I get it at launch (reviews I trust dependant), it might depend on if I'm still putting all my gaming time into Baulders Gate 3.

Well, I just caved in and I'll be building my first PC around the RX 6650 XT for Starfield and others. This will also be my portal into previously PlayStation-exclusive games: Spiderman, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn.

I don't usually preorder or get the deluxe editions of games (with the mostly pointless cosmetic DLC) but I have done for Baldur's Gate 3. Early access/preload - it was a no brainer as I don’t get much time to play midweek.

Last edited:
Back