Your "most enjoyable" car in GT3

I just can't choose only one, so here are my top choises from my stable:

01: Polyphony 001 [red with white stripe].
02: GT-One Race Car.
03: Castrol Toms Supra.
04: Mazda 787B.
05: Viper GTS-R Team Oreca.
06: Calsonic Skyline.
07: FTO LM Race Car.
08: RX-7 LM Race Car.
09: Tommy Kiara ZZ II.
10: TVR Speed 12.
11: RUF CTR2 [Yellow].
12: Aston Vanquish.
13: Suzuki Escudo [1881 BHP].
14: Castrol Celica Rally Car.

These are my main weapons of choise, and they will all win what ever race i ask them to!

GramNitrous
I just can't choose only one, so here are my top choises from my stable:

01: Polyphony 001 [red with white stripe].
02: GT-One Race Car.
03: Castrol Toms Supra.
04: Mazda 787B.
05: Viper GTS-R Team Oreca.
06: Calsonic Skyline.
07: FTO LM Race Car.
08: RX-7 LM Race Car.
09: Tommy Kiara ZZ II.
10: TVR Speed 12.
11: RUF CTR2 [Yellow].
12: Aston Vanquish.
13: Suzuki Escudo [1881 BHP].
14: Castrol Celica Rally Car.

These are my main weapons of choise, and they will all win what ever race i ask them to!

I can see several races you won't win with those 15 cars even if you ask them nicely.
01. Yarris / Vitz championship.
02. Elise Championship.
03. FWD races.
04. Beetle Cup.
05. Honda Type R championship.
Do I need to add more?

Uncle Harry
I can see several races you won't win with those 15 cars even if you ask them nicely.
01. Yarris / Vitz championship.
02. Elise Championship.
03. FWD races.
04. Beetle Cup.
05. Honda Type R championship.
Do I need to add more?

I realise that you're good humouredly giving me a 'dig in the ribs', so no worries mate!
But what i meant was that any of the cars that i mentioned, could win any race that they are capable of entering onto.
Mind you it does create a hillarious mental picture, the idea of entering my favorites into the races you mention:
The driver says to his Escudo: "No no, you'll be OK, they're only a bunch of Yarris's"

ROTF_LMAO

GT4 comes to mind when talking about the cars winning races for you!
I can remember something being said about B Spec points on the GT4 forum.
If the Variable centre diff could go to 100% front wheel drive and 0% rear that 1800 hp
Escudo would be fun in the FWD. Under steer you say, I say no steer!

Gram Nitrous I did know what you meant, but a little bit of good humor never hurt. Thanks for taking it the way it was meant).

I'd say the most HP you could get out of a car before it becomes unmanagable is somewhere around 500 HP. . .i guess it just depends on ur drivin style. But 4 me, i like any car with its original suspension, lightweight, and lotsa POWER(up to ~500HP)!!

My favs đź‘Ť Toyota Sprinter Trueno S.S. Version, great car in every catergory bone stock, revvy engine, almost supernatural-like handiling, and gobs of grip. :)

Subaru 22B STi, my favorite AWD car, gutsy EJ22 boxer with plenty of power to give, fun as hell handiling, pull the E brake and slide it around any corner, and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Toyota Altezza RS200, the spritual successor to the AE86, and certianly drives like it. great manuverability for a big car, powerful,rev-happy engine,and great drifting potential. đź‘Ť

I enjoy driving 'Rally' cars and my :bowdown:CLK AMG but the most enjoyable is my Green Peridot Lotus Esprit 150 on Tahiti Circuit w/full rally mods, it takes a while not to spin in every turn but after that it's like flying... :eek: :eek: :eek: wait i am flying...

I dig the Cobra R, too. You can get it in any color, as long as it's red. I miss the regular SVT from GT2, not only could you buy it in different colors, but you could {R} mod it.

But the most enjoyable car in GT3?

That's difficult for me...I can't make up my mind!

Last edited:
my most enjoyable car was lotus elise. it had so much torque that i was greattest of them all :D:D just kidding but it sucked on test course, icouldnt get the gears right for maximum speed

skyline r-34 vspec II. Why? Cos i was so noob in the beginning that i did test course again and again gaining 2000 each time so i could get it.

Stayed up all night trying to.

THEN i had to get the turbo stage 4. So bloody annoying! :D

I pick the Evo VII GSR because in arcade mode, I turn off the ASM and TCS to do donuts. When I finish cycloning, I watch the replay and have my fun.

LoudMusic
There are a lot of cars I like. It's important, though, to not give any of them too much power. The most enjoyable setups I've found include full lightening, suspension, transmission, and a set of sticky tires.

đź‘Ť I have found this to be true as well. Plus, when you use these kinds of cars to race heavy, high HP machines, you get an incredible rush as you pass them in the corners.

Gives a sense of pride, ya know? Like, "I tuned this thing myself for hours on end and it finally paid off".

My most enjoyable car;
Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
All NA tune, lightening, suspension, tranny, and tire upgrades/mods

Watch your back, Mr. Muscle Car. :)

Ron_Thomp
đź‘Ť I have found this to be true as well. Plus, when you use these kinds of cars to race heavy, high HP machines, you get an incredible rush as you pass them in the corners.

Gives a sense of pride, ya know? Like, "I tuned this thing myself for hours on end and it finally paid off".

It's good to know there are others out there who race like me! I get a rush too, when I can execute a turn well enough to outbrake another car that has more power than me down a straight. It always boggles me when I see some other folks posting how proud they are that they can bash their car into walls and win a race. It's like...you could STILL win it without bashing walls! I find I get better lap times actually when my car does laps with no contact. A simple wall-graze can add up to a half second of time.

Last edited:
well, after i found an old replay of GT3 again where i drove my beloved GT3-car .... might share my little GT3-story here:

Back in 2002 my brother was far into the game and I played it only sometimes, and when I did, I choose the Arcade-Mode.
Since I'm a Le Mans-geek, i choose the Oreca Viper ... great car and looks just too good ... anyway, drove that around a bit until I got better at it and it started to be boring. Choose the wet SS5-track by accident and started to battle with my Viper against the GTOne and the R390 Racecar ... tried the Vertigo Racecar after i knew how to win with the Viper, and it really was more difficult to keep the Vertigo on the road. Heh, the downside of it having just 800 kilos or so...
Well, one day I just started to take the Lister Storm V12-racecar and battle the GTOne and the R390. And i didn't manage to beat them, even the Panoz did outperform me back then... heh. Seems like it's way back ...

Anyway, tried to race without the Driving Aids and it took me some time until I finally managed to claim first place, but that was the time when GT3 took my heart, heh .... I did race some races he already had (just for fun) and clocked about 1200 miles with it.

Until a friend lent me her PS2 and i could start a new game, i didn't really think about getting even deeper into the game, but i started to look for a challenge after I got better the more I played. But one day I started a strange Challenge, i can't remember why but it must have been since i wanted to re"play" some of the old (and fun) races against the GTOne and the R390 ...

Anyway, meddling around with the setup, qualifiers (tires) and a turbo-2, I finally had a hard challenge again - Trial Mountain, Lister Storm V12 and the above-mentioned tuning:

Try to pass the GTOne, the R390 (both Racecars) and whatever will be there, too ... but forget about the 787B, I didn't manage to beat him.
Now, what's so difficult about this? Don't crash. Don't hit the R390 and GTOne, don't bounce off the walls or shortcut.
If you have Turbo-3, no problem (you might think ;)) - the good thing about Turbo-2 is, you get to race the R390 and the GTOne and you have a real challenge.

You can literally only pass them if they make a mistake after the long backstraight into the "hairpin" and hit the outer wall. That makes them slow down enough to let you pass them - if you managed to keep their pace without hitting anything, that is ;)
You might see where this is going - it took me some 2 hours to have one clean run i didn't need to abort just because i hit a wall (which can very frustrating if the R390 hits you from behind and makes you go up into that wall ...) - and then i didn't manage to keep up with the GTOne/R390 and didn't win.

I only managed to win that challenge some 30 times or so, but the replays are really worth the trouble. Blocking the GTOne and the R390 out of the tunnel, down the backstraight going into the "hairpin" was so much thrill ...

Needless to say, the Storm is >the< GT3-car for me.
It's not perfect, it's not fast enough and some don't even know it's in the game. But it makes for some great races against the Viper GTS-R (Laguna Seca, heh!) or the GTOne - if you can beat them, that is.

My highly hybrid'd PT Cruiser @ 800+/- hp, RWD, nicely offset wheel diameters, and 15mm ride height. I'm still tuning it to this day trying to make it lithe, nimble, and balanced. Otherwise it would be my attempt of building the Mini Cooper that graces the screen in the GT Genome Project.

bringtherain
I love the impressive feel of driving a Tommy Kiara ZZII. I love the feel of the car and also the look. It drives very well on midfield raceway especially.

I second that notion, though I believe it drives very well on every track. This car is impressive performance-wise, and just a fun car to go blasting around any track in.

I also enjoy the ZZII a lot. I have won every race it is legal to race in
except the F-1 races. It is probably the only non race car that do that.

i have to say my favorite car in my garage is the Jaguar XKR Coupe, even tho when i first bought it i though u kno a jaguar is suposed to have a noisy engine u kno very powerful, so i upgraded it BIG time:sly: and now it sounds like a REAL jaguar haha and probly my second would have to b my Honda Accord Euro R but i guess that's me o ya 3rd would b my Honda S2000:tup:

Back