Your "most enjoyable" car in GT3

RenesisEvo
Whilst I can see why people like the powerful Le Mans cars and the JGTC lot, I find the quicker the car, the less fun it is to drive. No fun in buzzing around a circuit, flattening the opposition when you can take a more leisurely, focused approach and get it right. Remember: power is nothing without control.

Come run the WRS, you will see that you are right and wrong! :mischievous:

Power is nothing without control but power with control is amazing. 👍

Run the perfect lap at 200hp or 1130hp, either way it comes back to running the perfect lap.

When facing the game's AI it is far more rewarding to win with an un-powered car running great laps.

But running the perfect race or the perfect lap with some of the fast cars can be just as rewarding.

WRS week 103: Fully Modified Castrol Mugen NSX @ Rome (Arcade Mode 3 Lap Race) 👍

That is power with control. 👍
(remember, standard OLR rules... 2 wheels on, no touches of any kind, no hybrid, no short cut... )

:D

RenesisEvo
I find the quicker the car, the less fun it is to drive

i agree with that too. some of the most challenging races i've done have been in dead stock dealer cars that cost under $40k. then again, i've barely started on professional league yet

Everyone's saying the quicker it is, the less fun you have. I disagree. It's what you do with the horsepower that makes it fun. My fully modded R34 V-Spec II has 1048 HP, and it's a real blast to drive with the settings I've got. Power in the straights, acceleration out of the corners, and the ability to run both technical and high speed courses. It makes it easy to win, but a clean lap is very difficult to make. The braking times are SO much harder to get the hang of. You barely come off the last corner and you have to brake again. SSR11 is suddenly way more difficult when the low powered cars can just brake better and get ahead.

MY fav cars are
1- Mini cooper 1.3i (British racing green)
2- Motor Sport Elise (Lime Green)
3- Spoon Civic Type-R
4- ZZII (Yellow or Red)
5- Zonda Race Car (closest thing to a Lambo)

And everyone has to try a rally mini !!!! 👍 :D

:eek: :dopey:

just won a bright metallic orange MX-5 (hardtop)... threw on all the bits bar the exhaust/muffler, did a basic set-up with no testing and WOW did it drive nicely!! That lil motor is going to be getting a thrashing soon. I actually found it sounds/drives worse with the muffler on - 340bhp with, 309bhp without (at 25km). So I've taken it off permanently. Amazed really - didnt think it'd be that good! minimal understeer, lazy, easy oversteer; brilliant for steering on the throttle. :D

Yeah, small question for the Initial D fanboys: Can you get a red hardtop one? If yes, where?

Thanks a lot for being so kind and accepting the off-topic :):)

It depends on what race I'm racing in. I love a lot of different cars. Right now, it's the Dodge Viper Concept that I'm running in the Amateur All Japan GT Championship Race. It's not easy to get a victory, but a lot of fun.

Solid Lifters
It depends on what race I'm racing in. I love a lot of different cars. Right now, it's the Dodge Viper Concept that I'm running in the Amateur All Japan GT Championship Race. It's not easy to get a victory, but a lot of fun.
i like racing with the gtsr concept as well. The ruf ctr2 is my favorite to race with because my favorite car is a 993 turbo. Is it just me or does that car have sick understeer? My most enjoyable car is the corvette grand sport because it looks great and handles very well, even with high horsepower.

flyinglow08
Is it just me or does that car have sick understeer?

With maximum bhp in the back, the CTR2 suddenly becomes allergic to anything remotely approaching a curve. Ditto the RGT, which has nearly 1100bhp. De-tuning the CTR2 doesnt help its case - there's just no weight over the front wheels apart from under braking. But then the back end is so grippy that drifting is difficult. Too irritating to drive in my opinion. Apart from 0-400/0-1000.

Corvette - powerful, drive ok, but just not really that fun. They may be big in the USA but over here, they're very big. Literally. It's more like a tank. And the oversteer gets ridiculous around SS11. Evo's and Subaru's eat them round corners.

RenesisEvo
With maximum bhp in the back, the CTR2 suddenly becomes allergic to anything remotely approaching a curve. Ditto the RGT, which has nearly 1100bhp. De-tuning the CTR2 doesnt help its case - there's just no weight over the front wheels apart from under braking. But then the back end is so grippy that drifting is difficult. Too irritating to drive in my opinion. Apart from 0-400/0-1000.

Corvette - powerful, drive ok, but just not really that fun. They may be big in the USA but over here, they're very big. Literally. It's more like a tank. And the oversteer gets ridiculous around SS11. Evo's and Subaru's eat them round corners.

Sounds to me like you have not set up your RGT correctly. Its by far 1 of the fastest non race cars with only the tommy kaira zz11 beating it. The ctr however is one that doesnt like to turn.

Has no one mentioned any of the GT NSX's? I finished my 100% mark with a Raybrig NSX about a year ago, and I've yet to find a more enjoyable drive than that car. My most enjoyable car to drive depends on my mood for the day. If I want to be competitive, it's going to be a well-balanced GT of some sort, but if I just want to have fun, it's going to be a road car. I wish there were more rally in this game... :banghead:

I think the most fun and challenge you get out of this game is when you start tuning your car less and start driving it more. :cheers:

-alex

Overall, the car I feel most comfortable driving is the Honda S2000 LM Race Car. Plenty of power, but more forgiving than other cars in the same power/weight range. It's still nice and loose in the corners, but it doesn't snap around on you suddenly.

The Gillet Vertigo, fully modded, was also a cool car to drive. Not as stable or as fast as the S2000, but it was fun.

The Shelby Cobra can be a fun little car as well. Leave it stock, slap Simulation tires on it and turn off the driving assists (ASM and TC), then try to manhandle it around a nice twisty course like Deep Forest (or Cote d'Azure if you really like a challenge). If you're feeling really brave, add some horsepower-only mods. If you max out the power and turn off the assists with sim tires, the AI can't even drive it during the warm-up/demo laps...it just keeps spinning out and ramming into walls.

Oh yes, how could I forget the Cobra. It is so darn fun in Seattle. Sidewayz action just won't stop :D

Double_R
Sounds to me like you have not set up your RGT correctly. Its by far 1 of the fastest non race cars with only the tommy kaira zz11 beating it. The ctr however is one that doesnt like to turn.

Have set it up now - :crazy: :crazy: its insane!!Very nice to drive. The only problem I have now is the braking distances are huge. Might need to step it down from 1099bhp. Good fun it is now :bowdown:

Oh and I've also changed by 787B - feels like a polyphony on super-slicks.. so quick. managed a 1m05.672 round SS5 - no idea if thats quick, but it was lapping 1min 10 on T3 tyres.

ToysamotaS
For me are:
Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra;
Mazda 787B;
Altezza LM;
Raybrig NSX;
FTO LM.

Where's the fun in driving powerful cars all the time? I used to do it, but now I find it more enjoyable to trundle around in something slower. The fast cars lack character, unlike the slower ones. Also - nowt quite like the feeling of beating the CPU with something really stupid. (e.g. Mini). Finishing 30 secs ahead in a 2 lap race, although easy to do, is hardly fun.

Going into arcade mode and just power sliding the NSX around deep forest and SS5 while racing clean not worrying about money or winning.

Seeya GT3 neva gonna touch you again:P

Anyone want to buy my copy of GT3? jk

The MR Renault Clio Road car, with 320hp NA and a few mild suspension tweaks, a set of T4's and some weight pulled out, its fantastic! Love the edgy balance of that short chassis and the cheeky little bit of oversteer on the limit - great fun indeed!

Latest Posts

Back