Your P.B Lap Times.

• Thread starter GT4 genius
  • 273 comments
I posted but those new times.

If anyone is interested in a online championship during the summer then mention your interest here. State which region game you have though.

Sorry, I'll try & get you the information tonight - I haven't had F1:CE fired up recently as I've been playing GT5P online...

Wow, the times table is starting to fill up a little 👍

Alas I've got a NA copy and as such can't race against you UK/Euro guys. Oh well, but I've been having more fun with the offline career mode anyway. Don't have to worry about lag offline ;)

Just ran a 1.16'758 (Biggles, Ferrari) in WC Weekend at Budapest - unfortunately, I led all the way which meant I didn't get a tow anywhere, which might have been useful in dropping my time.

I ran a 1.16'509 in qualifying (pole) for WC Weekend, but that doesn't seem to have registered on my lap times?

Still 2 secs. behind you Genius!

I don't do much in the way of tuning, because I just don't seem to feel comfortable with toe & camber adjustments & generally feel that the less wing the better.

Maybe I'm going to have to tinker around more to squeeze some faster times out...

I've updated those again and took off your Red Bull time.
You have to tamper with settings and low wing isnt always a good idea. Budapest is the second tightest track on the calander so it needs high downforce. I set mine at 65%. But my set up isnt right just yet either I cant keep up with the AI in a drag race down the main straight but I can easily out manoovere them through the sweeping corners. Also with the chicane and some other kerbs so high I go for a high car height around 21 and softer than normal suspension around 15 maybe 16.

Just ran Buda in a Renault and it is a 🤬 beast in comparison to the MF1! Used the exact same settings as my MF1 setup with the only changes being 16 on the front suspension and 7.2 for 7th gear. Got this time on only my 3rd lap in the car :D God now I can't wait to get on a faster team for season 2.

1:14.799 - 27.340/26.244/21.215 (icelt, Renault)

Edit -
Updated my individual PB post as well.

What's your impression of the basic characteristics of the Renault, Ferrari & McLaren. Which ones are best suited to which tracks?

What's your impression of the basic characteristics of the Renault, Ferrari & McLaren. Which ones are best suited to which tracks?

In my opinion the Renault is best suited to all tracks! But in Monaco its much more about the driver so its which ever of the big three you are comfortable with around there.

Well right now I can only compently compare the MF1 & Renault, not that it is necessary, and only at Buda. It's been so long now since I drove the Ferrari I just don't recall enough about how it handled to make a comparison.

However all that being said I can say without reservation that the Renault is an absolute JOY to drive :drool:. Like I mentioned even using the exact same settings, which may or may not suit the Renault best, my ability to put the car exactly where I wanted on the high speed turns was much improved (specifically thinking of T4 & T11 here):

11-Hun_eng_rgb.jpg

Also the Frenchman sure does keep a much tighter line at speed. In the MF1 I'd basically need to lift every single time to keep from going too wide at T11, but not so with the Renault. Lastly it is noticeably more stable under the heavy breaking and turning I use for corners 1 & 12.

I assume the power improvement goes without saying ;)

I always thought the McLaren Mercedes was balanced too. The Base setup of the car is really good and some minoir changes can take the car to an new level. But the Ferrari is an beast, but with proper setup teh car is almost unstoppable. You just have to be sure u keep it on the black stuff.

I've barely driven the Renault or Mclaren, but my impression is, that the Renault handles better, but the Ferrari is faster. Is that a fair comment?

Bahrein

I've just done 1:31.001 in a Ferrari. I can post a picture, as a proof.

I'll try the Renault right away!

Bahrein

I've just done 1:31.001 in a Ferrari. I can post a picture, as a proof.

I'll try the Renault right away!

:eek: Nice time! I'll add that to the very top of the list now. Post some more times I'm sure you have lots of fast ones.

New Monza fast lap:

1:20.609 - 23.705/27.423/29.481 (icelt, Renault)

Edit----

New one for Istanbul now too:
1:27.033 - 29.531/31.673/25.829 (icelt, Renault)

I don't know what track to try...

Could be fun if we all tried like the same track and compare and thus, add more time to the database?

@ Icelt, I added your times, both are very quick, well done. Sorry for being so late, I'm neglecting my duties to this page sorry, I'll try to have it so as no time is left waiting for any longer than 2 days in the future.

@mkay, thats a good idea, what track do you want. Or does anyone have any suggestions, maybe Malaysia for 1 week? What do you think? Bahrain has quite a few times so maybe its best to add some to those lesser driven tracks.

GT4 - thank ya sir :) Have to admit running all these practice laps trying to minimize my MF1 lap times really helps me learn where I can squeeze out the most time. Then I simply use the MF1 setup as a basis for the Renult (at least for these past few tracks), tweak a little hear and there, adjust the gearing for the stronger engine and then it feels like I'm just flying out there :D. I'm finding my Renault fast laps can be 3-4 secs faster than my MF1 hot laps.

New Shanghi fast lap:
1:32.113 - 31.756/34.146/26.211 (icelt, Renault)

Don't think I can much faster with this one so Oshow's top position should be safe, at least from me. Man he must have been really clean on all the tough corners. Nice time that one 👍

Edit-----
Suzuka
1:32.661 - 32.154/42.479/18.028 (icelt, Renault)

What about Magny-Cours and Silverstone?

Could be a good idea to follow the actual F1 schedule and replace the tracks that don't exist in F1 CE (Singapore, Valencia, Spa) by tracks that we did not do like Malaysia, Spain, Australia, etc. ?

What about Magny-Cours and Silverstone?

Could be a good idea to follow the actual F1 schedule and replace the tracks that don't exist in F1 CE (Singapore, Valencia, Spa) by tracks that we did not do like Malaysia, Spain, Australia, etc. ?

Yeah thats probably the best idea. Will we do Silverstone and have the competition close from when first place crosses the finish line in real life?

@ icelt- whats the edit time of 1.32.661??? I have your Shanghai time up. 👍

@ icelt- whats the edit time of 1.32.661??? I have your Shanghai time up. 👍

Whoops, you're right the applicable track is probably a pretty important piece of information ;) That time was for Suzuka.

Edit----
Also on the topic of does a manual transmission have a distinct advantage over auto question I can now personally confirm that answer is yes. I was at a buddies place last night doing hot laps back and forth in the Renault at Silverstone. So we were both using the exact same settings for the car apart from I'd drive with auto and he with manual. Although he wasn't able to quite string together his best sector times all on one lap, it was clear that if he could he'd be at least 0.5 sec faster, if not more. Also it was clear that using a manual he could take advantage of engine braking to slow the car more rapidly, therefore he was able to break significantly later than I on certain corners. There were times that I was like, "wow, I try to break that late and I'm guaranteed to be off the racing time and losing time."

So now I feel quite comfortable stating that a manual transmission can be faster, however with the std controller it takes great dexterity, skill and concentration to consistently set fast laps. So much so that after racing 17laps (almost 30% race distance) on hard at Silverstone he was completely spent :lol:.

1:32.578 at Bahrain.

Also I'm very proud of the Toro Rosso trial of 1:16.061 at Magny-Cours with presets settings. So now I'm test driving for Toro Rosso at hard level :) :) and that feels great!

but is it just me or is the MF1 awfully slow in accelerating? i tweaked the gear ratios and still no juice..which engine did they use anyway?? i really want my best times to be accomplished with as few big-threes/fours as possible.... toro rosso is my all time favourite because of red bull + V10...
will post times soon.. just discovered gtplanet has a F1CE section... something i've been looking for...

Latest Posts

Back