Your P.B Lap Times.

• Thread starter GT4 genius
  • 273 comments
but is it just me or is the MF1 awfully slow in accelerating? i tweaked the gear ratios and still no juice..which engine did they use anyway?? i really want my best times to be accomplished with as few big-threes/fours as possible.... toro rosso is my all time favourite because of red bull + V10...
will post times soon.. just discovered gtplanet has a F1CE section... something i've been looking for...

Looking forward to your times. Welcome to this corner of GTP, everything you might want to know will almost certaintly be here. Head over to the championship thread if you live in the PAL region and want to join in with our online racing, we could do with a few more participants 👍.

but is it just me or is the MF1 awfully slow in accelerating? i tweaked the gear ratios and still no juice..which engine did they use anyway??

BTW no it is not just you. All of the back markers are down on horsepower compared to the Toyota's, BMW's, Honda's, McClaren's, Renault's and Ferrari's. That year MF1 was getting their engines from Toyota, and I'm fairly certain that "spec" wise they were the same as those used by the factory team. However I'm sure you can envision why Toyota reserved their "best" copies for themselves and only sold the less perfect examples to MF1. Still for MF1, and the others, it's much more economically sensible to purchase the leftovers from a factory team rather than try and develop their own engine from scratch. :scared:

oh man, that makes so much more sense now... i've never known the fact that the original engine developers give the less perfect pieces to their buyers... i assumed that since the small teams already BUY the engines, they'd have to perform just as well... i also assumed it was mainly due to aerodynamics that caused those cars to be slow...

Looking forward to your times. Welcome to this corner of GTP, everything you might want to know will almost certaintly be here. Head over to the championship thread if you live in the PAL region and want to join in with our online racing, we could do with a few more participants 👍.
well... this sort of sucks because i can't join you guys since I live in the US... I was born in the PAL region and lived there for 17 years... now I'm in the NTSC/US region where nascar airs on race channels =(
but thanks for letting me know...
it looks like my times aren't as competitive compared to all of you guys', but since I've just gotten the G25 steering wheel, i have earned 3 more golds so far... couldn't have accomplished that with the controller!! so as of now, you may add my gold times: bahrain, indianoplis, magny-cours and maybe suzuka...i'll work on the rest soon... give me some time =) cheers!

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

I would try and set a lap time but the game isn't working...it freezes at the title screen...and it's got a tiny scratch in it.

New Interlagos time:

1:12.143 - 17.546/37.051/17.546 (icelt, Renault)

Holy 🤬, just noticed that my S1 & S3 times are exactly the same. Wurd :odd:

yay, my first MF1 gold!! i love my G25 wheel...don't know why i've been driving with the controller for a year now... guess GT5p made me buy one...

DSC00210.jpg

as i said, i'd be continuing driving with smaller teams to get golds...

INDIANAPOLIS:

1:08.674 (Ferrari)

First time I tried the manual tranny (playing with the SixAxis) and that's what it yielded

add..

MONTE CARLO

1:10.334 (Ferrari)

MONTREAL

1:09.255 (Ferrari) - Even though I feel I can shave off some more, this is for now my P.B.

INDIANAPOLIS:

1:08.674 (Ferrari)

First time I tried the manual tranny (playing with the SixAxis) and that's what it yielded

add..

MONTE CARLO

1:10.334 (Ferrari)

MONTREAL

1:09.255 (Ferrari) - Even though I feel I can shave off some more, this is for now my P.B.

Nice times 👍

And just to help out GT4 on the posting a bit:

1:08.674 (mkay, Ferrari)

1:10.334 (mkay, Ferrari)

1:09.255 (mkay, Ferrari)

Also I'm very proud of the Toro Rosso trial of 1:16.061 at Magny-Cours with presets settings. So now I'm test driving for Toro Rosso at hard level :) :) and that feels great!

:( I want my "1:16.061 (Alltidxx, Toro Rosso)" listed because that is WAY faster than anyone in my household manages :)

Sorry, I will fix up this thread after the championship race we're having.

Edit: Ok, all is up to date. Thanks icelt for helping out.
Some great times there mkay, you knocked me off the top on two tracks.

Please when you are all posting times in futur put them in this order "time (name, car)", thanks it'd save me a lot of time when updating.

Budapest 1.16'598 (Biggles, Ferrari)
Bahrain 1.32'461 (Biggles, Ferrari)

Not a huge improvement (haven't played for a few weeks).

Updated, quickest update yet :sly:! I might have a few times to post this weekend, been unusually busy recently. :confused:

Yeah I'm taking a little work siesta 👍, that's the only reason I've been able to regularly post new times.

Budapest 1.16'598 (Biggles, Ferrari)
Bahrain 1.32'461 (Biggles, Ferrari)

Not a huge improvement (haven't played for a few weeks).

Any improvement is a good accomplishment. Always works towards the positive my man 👍

New Sepang time:

1:29.855 - 22.426/29.000/38.429 (icelt, Renault)

Did a 10-lap stint at Bahrein, achieved a top time of 1:30.480, but could have gone quicker, especially in S3:

1:30.480 - 25.099/40.172/25.215 (mkay, Ferrari)

EDIT:

Did a 5-lap stint at Imola...

1:16.360 (mkay, Ferrari)

Did a 15-lap stint at Hockenheim... couldn't quite get a great lap together (especially in S1-S2 but was flawless in the Stadium) but still satisfied with the end result

1:13.903 (mkay, Ferrari)

Bahrain 1.31'864 (Biggles, Ferrari)

Sepang 1.31'366 (Biggles, Ferrari)

Tried some of icelt's settings, with absolutely no success. I just cannot adjust to any kind of camber settings other than 0. :indiff:

I'm running through a World Championship (on Hard) as MSC. Just got pole at Sepang, spun out & fell back to 8th, & then clawed my way back, overtaking Fisichella on the second-to-last lap. I love this game. 👍

I'm running through a World Championship (on Hard) as MSC. Just got pole at Sepang, spun out & fell back to 8th, & then clawed my way back, overtaking Fisichella on the second-to-last lap. I love this game. 👍

I assume you spun out on the 2nd turn? :lol:

Is there a way to check what difficulty i set my career mode to? I haven't played it for more than half a year now and am now continuing it. I just reached P6 in quali with an STR and don't know whether I've gotten better with the G25 or that it is set to Medium diff...

Tried some of icelt's settings, with absolutely no success. I just cannot adjust to any kind of camber settings other than 0. :indiff:

Seriously? Hmmm... I only state that because I race with the controller and definitely do not have a "delicate" driving style. So all the setups are very much geared to being fairly immune to getting upset by aggressive cornering. Just out of curiosity what specific issues are you having when using the listed camber settings?

Is there a way to check what difficulty i set my career mode to? I haven't played it for more than half a year now and am now continuing it. I just reached P6 in quali with an STR and don't know whether I've gotten better with the G25 or that it is set to Medium diff...

Not specifically that I can think of, but you can check the AI fast lap practice/qualy times and deduce from there what difficulty you are playing on.

eriously? Hmmm... I only state that because I race with the controller and definitely do not have a "delicate" driving style. So all the setups are very much geared to being fairly immune to getting upset by aggressive cornering. Just out of curiosity what specific issues are you having when using the listed camber settings?

It seems to me that when I drive with camber settings (not sure about the toe) as suggested by you (or for that matter in the "Evolution" process), I end up spinning out on certain corners (possible "off-camber" corners like Bahrain Turn 5 & Turn 11, for example). I'm not suggesting that your settings are no good, just that I seem to have got used to 0 camber & drive accordingly. It's a bit frustrating, because I would like to think that just tinkering with the tuning would automatically make me a lot faster, but unfortunately, that hasn't been my experience.

I can't believe how some of these times stack up against some others. Isn't it funny how some of us are just so much faster on certain tracks than others but yet way slower at another track?

Bahrain - 1:31.973 (McLaren, World Championship)
Sepang - 1:31.574 (Renault, World Championship)
Melbourne - 1:25.397 (Ferrari, Time Trial)
Imola - 1:16.121 (McLaren, World Championship)
Nurburgring - 1:27.436 (McLaren, World Championship)
Catalunya - 1:13.763 (Renault, Time Trial)
Monte Carlo - 1:11.263 (McLaren, Time Trial)
Silverstone - 1:17.401 (Ferrari, Grand Prix Weekend)
Montreal - 1:09.865 (Renault, Time Trial)
Indianapolis - 1:09.205 (McLaren, World Championship)
Magny-Cours - 1:12.663 (McLaren, World Championship)
Hockenheim - 1:14.502 (Renault, World Championship)
Budapest - 1:15.002 (Ferrari, Career)
Istanbul - 1:27.676 (McLaren, World Championship)
Monza - 1:20.219 (Renault, World Championship)
Shanghai - 1:33.233 (Ferrari, Career)
Suzuka - 1:33.893 (Ferrari, Career)
Interlagos - 1:14.462 (Ferrari, Time Trial)

Jerez - 1:27.236 :crazy: (McLaren, Time Trial)

I can't believe how some of these times stack up against some others. Isn't it funny how some of us are just so much faster on certain tracks than others but yet way slower at another track?

The impressive thing about this game is that even after many, many laps, it is still possible to improve significantly by putting in yet more laps! I just knocked almost a second of my previous Bahrain P.B. Time - & I've run Bahrain a lot.

Some of my times are very slow because I just haven't put serious effort into those tracks yet.

It is satisfying when you get to the stage where you're actually becoming frustrated because you were only able to get on the throttle a tiny fraction of a second later than you wanted to. It really does all just come down to little things that make up the tenths, just like real f1. I feckin love this game as well.

Sometimes I don't even start up this game because I know that serious effort will require serious time. I just spent half a day today to pass a camber test at Sepang for Toro Rosso i career mode (requiring 1:35.748). First I had to learn to be fast enough and then I had to learn how to be consistently fast, twice. Phew..

Bahrain - 1:31.973 (McLaren, World Championship)
Sepang - 1:31.574 (Renault, World Championship)
Melbourne - 1:25.397 (Ferrari, Time Trial)
Imola - 1:16.121 (McLaren, World Championship)
Nurburgring - 1:27.436 (McLaren, World Championship)
Catalunya - 1:13.763 (Renault, Time Trial)
Monte Carlo - 1:11.263 (McLaren, Time Trial)
Silverstone - 1:17.401 (Ferrari, Grand Prix Weekend)
Montreal - 1:09.865 (Renault, Time Trial)
Indianapolis - 1:09.205 (McLaren, World Championship)
Magny-Cours - 1:12.663 (McLaren, World Championship)
Hockenheim - 1:14.502 (Renault, World Championship)
Budapest - 1:15.002 (Ferrari, Career)
Istanbul - 1:27.676 (McLaren, World Championship)
Monza - 1:20.219 (Renault, World Championship)
Shanghai - 1:33.233 (Ferrari, Career)
Suzuka - 1:33.893 (Ferrari, Career)
Interlagos - 1:14.462 (Ferrari, Time Trial)

Jerez - 1:27.236 :crazy: (McLaren, Time Trial)

Some good times there, sorry to be picky or annoying but there is no way I have time to update the first post with them. I will update it tomorrow if you can put them times in this order [time (your name, car)] sorry again.

Everything else is updated.:)

I really have to get some serious race time in so as I can be at the head of some of those times, maybe I can after I get the hang of manual.:sly:

Some good times there, sorry to be picky or annoying but there is no way I have time to update the first post with them. I will update it tomorrow if you can put them times in this order [time (your name, car)] sorry again.

Everything else is updated.:)

I really have to get some serious race time in so as I can be at the head of some of those times, maybe I can after I get the hang of manual.:sly:

No probs :) 'ere they are.

Bahrain - 1:31.973 (Shaggy Alonso, McLaren)
Sepang - 1:31.574 (Shaggy Alonso, Renault)
Melbourne - 1:25.397 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)
Imola - 1:15.702 (Shaggy Alonso, Renault)
Nurburgring - 1:27.436 (Shaggy Alonso, McLaren)
Catalunya - 1:13.763 (Shaggy Alonso, Renault)
Monte Carlo - 1:11.263 (Shaggy Alonso, McLaren)
Silverstone - 1:17.401 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)
Montreal - 1:09.865 (Shaggy Alonso, Renault)
Indianapolis - 1:09.205 (Shaggy Alonso, McLaren)
Magny-Cours - 1:11.504 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)
Hockenheim - 1:14.502 (Shaggy Alonso, Renault)
Budapest - 1:15.002 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)
Istanbul - 1:27.676 (Shaggy Alonso, McLaren)
Monza - 1:19.420 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)
Shanghai - 1:33.233 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)
Suzuka - 1:33.893 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)
Interlagos - 1:14.462 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)

P.S. How on earth did you achieve that outrageous time in Melbourne? 1:23.958. Like that's almost 1.5 seconds faster than my fastest, and I thought I'd almost found the limit. Did you ever post your set up?

New fastest lap in Magny-Cours:

1:11.504 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)

And Monza:

1:19.420 (Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)

It was 23.168 - 27.226 - 29.026

New improved Imola time:

1:15.702 (Shaggy Alonso, Renault)

Sector times were 17.051 - 27.886 - 30.765

Your times have been updated, thanks for having them ready for me.
The Melbourne time I spent a lot of time on the setup, and it is strangely one of my favorite tracks. I posted the setup somewhere but someone said it was too uncontrollable, it is really for 1 lap, not a 100% race. I'll post it here if I can find it here.

Edit: Found it: Not my current one but still enough to get a 23.
Melbourne Setup (dry, renault):

Tryes dry and soft
Tyre pressure as low as possible
Traction control 85%

Front wing 45%
Rear wing 40%
Front suspension 17
Rear suspension 17
Front Camber -2.9
Rear Camber -3.0
Toe +0.020

Ride Height 17mm
Anti roll max
Leave rebound damping alone

Gears:
1= 20.4
2= 15.5
3= 12.3
4= 10.4
5= 8.9
6= 8.1
7= 7.2

Brakes= 53:47 (anti lock on)

I managed a 1.23,978 with this setup.

I have to say genius: Melbourne is my least favourite track. I find it claustrophobic with those side barriers & I just can't seem to find a comfortable rhythm around it, so I don't run it that often. I'm just about to give it a try in WC mode - hopefully I will have some improved times...

Back