Your P.B Lap Times.

• Thread starter GT4 genius
  • 273 comments
wtf guys... i think the game is playing a game with me...
i'm trying to finish up my world championship race on the last race... i have the feeling i spin out everytime i lead, and i mean not due to oil but due to aerodynamics... whenever i don't lead my car wouldn't oversteer... is that just me???

also, whenever i lead, i'll get engine failures and gearbox problems...
and what i've also noticed is that when i'm about to win the championship (because schumi just retired), the yellow flag comes up, the guy in front of me would drive signficantly slower so i would overtake him under yellow flag and thus would get black flagged... what is this all about??

I believe you can turn off failures in the options menu. As for the yellow flag, you can turn off flags, also. You can't pass under the yellow flag.

wtf guys... i think the game is playing a game with me...
i'm trying to finish up my world championship race on the last race... i have the feeling i spin out everytime i lead, and i mean not due to oil but due to aerodynamics... whenever i don't lead my car wouldn't oversteer... is that just me???

also, whenever i lead, i'll get engine failures and gearbox problems...
and what i've also noticed is that when i'm about to win the championship (because schumi just retired), the yellow flag comes up, the guy in front of me would drive signficantly slower so i would overtake him under yellow flag and thus would get black flagged... what is this all about??

I've honestly never come accross that before. When the engine blows it's because your gear ratio's are too short and you're maxing out the revs too often. Losing gears seems to happen when you're driving hard, and it happens rarely. But getting black flagged? I've never come accross that situation before.

As for oversteer, I've noticed that sometimes your car feels awesome in qualy, even with a heavy load in Q3 but not quite as good in race trim, getting oversteer that you've mentioned. Either compensate for that by giving the car, more ride hight, less front camber or more rear wing downforce or a combination of these things. It might cost you slightly in Q3 but you'll almost always make up a place or two at the start anyway, so it's worth doing it for the race.

Also an option is to just be slightly more conservative with your braking in the race. Brake in a straight line and turn in slightly later if you have to, as braking whilst turning too early often sends the car into a spin.

I believe you can turn off failures in the options menu. As for the yellow flag, you can turn off flags, also. You can't pass under the yellow flag.

Yeah, but it's too late to turn it off anyway since i've already started the chip... what i really meant is that when they programmed this game, it was too obvious that the computer tries to battle you in terms of incidents that will occur while the player is doing well...

As for oversteer, I've noticed that sometimes your car feels awesome in qualy, even with a heavy load in Q3 but not quite as good in race trim, getting oversteer that you've mentioned. Either compensate for that by giving the car, more ride hight, less front camber or more rear wing downforce or a combination of these things. It might cost you slightly in Q3 but you'll almost always make up a place or two at the start anyway, so it's worth doing it for the race.

Also an option is to just be slightly more conservative with your braking in the race. Brake in a straight line and turn in slightly later if you have to, as braking whilst turning too early often sends the car into a spin.

i never run the engine hard and always change gear at the first red LED... also, that's exactly what i did for braking in the first chicane of brazil... i drove downhill SUPER slowly with minimal turn and i still spun out WHILE i was about to win the race... believe me, i started brazil over and over and noticed that the AI only starts to destroy me whenever i'm leading in the points...but not so much during the other races... i've only noticed that in brazil where i'm about to win the chip...
i could send you the game save and you could finish it up for me :)

Today, 11:41 AM #94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshow
Yeah, but it's too late to turn it off anyway since i've already started the chip... what i really meant is that when they programmed this game, it was too obvious that the computer tries to battle you in terms of incidents that will occur while the player is doing well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy Alonso

i never run the engine hard and always change gear at the first red LED... also, that's exactly what i did for braking in the first chicane of brazil... i drove downhill SUPER slowly with minimal turn and i still spun out WHILE i was about to win the race... believe me, i started brazil over and over and noticed that the AI only starts to destroy me whenever i'm leading in the points...but not so much during the other races... i've only noticed that in brazil where i'm about to win the chip...
i could send you the game save and you could finish it up for me

I've never noticed any of these things - I've always thought that "oil on the track" etc. was completely randomly generated - sometimes there are no incidents during a race, sometimes there are many - & I've always thought my own spinning out was due to my own errors. Of course, ideally you want the race set up so that you're not destroying the competition.

I'll have to pay more careful attention to when "incidents" occur. I've NEVER had an engine failure, but I think it is turned on as an option. :confused:

Not my personal best lap but someones: fastest lap at Monza 1:14:086 in an online game I entered. Where does the ridiculness end? I don't believe that for a second. I wonder how that time came about.

Melbourne 1:27.150 (Biggles, Ferrari, World Championship)

I got a 1:26.8xx in qualifying, but for some reason it didn't record the time in "Lap Records"?

Qualifying doesn't count. Practice does, though.

You mean that times set in Friday/Saturday practice are registered in your best lap times, but times set in the three qualifying sessions aren't?

If that's true, that would be very illogical. If anything, it would make more sense the other way round. :confused:

I think the consideration is that in qualy, given all the cars on the track, you are much more likely to get a tow or draft from a car in front. Whereas in practice, although it still occurs on a rare occasion, you are basically lapping the track by your lonesome.

I think the consideration is that in qualy, given all the cars on the track, you are much more likely to get a tow or draft from a car in front. Whereas in practice, although it still occurs on a rare occasion, you are basically lapping the track by your lonesome.

That may be true, but don't times set in the actual race (where you're even more likely to get a tow from the car in front) count in your best times statistics?

Imola 1:18.318 (Biggles, Ferrari, World Championship) "Saturday practice session".

Again, I posted a 1:18.103 in Qualifying, but it didn't register in "Lap Records". :irked:

I can't believe Shaggy set a 1:15.702 at Imola. :boggled:

Last edited:
That may be true, but don't times set in the actual race (where you're even more likely to get a tow from the car in front) count in your best times statistics?

Hmmm... uncertain. Recently I don't recall setting a faster lap in the race than in qualy. I skirt with the razor's edge much more in qualy.

Imola 1:18.318 (Biggles, Ferrari, World Championship)

Again, I posted a 1:18.103 in qualifying, but it didn't register in "Lap Records". :irked:

Nice. I still have yet to find a comfort level at this track. Just tried a couple of races today at Imola with BMW and I think my best lap was a 1:19.7+ :yuck: Usually circle it around 1:20-21.

You mean that times set in Friday/Saturday practice are registered in your best lap times, but times set in the three qualifying sessions aren't?

If that's true, that would be very illogical. If anything, it would make more sense the other way round. :confused:

that happened to me a few times... i have a few times recorded, and other aren't... i initially assumed that the times recorded are only the ones during the real race... but if that's not the case, then you may have exited the game before auto-save did its work?!?

i personally think that the quali and race shouldn't be recorded since you can slipstream behind kimi's and webber's ass to gain time... does the FIA record lap times in quali?

Yes, race-times count. Not sure whether icelt speculates about the draft reason or not but if I am to continue on that reasoning the heavier fuel-load or often worse tires during light fuel-load would neglect any obvious benefit.

GT4 ... why don't you set some rules and have a track every week?
*rules like: tc off/on , steering assist. off/on, start/finish time of each week event...etc

Things will be more organized and competitve...just a thought 💡

My guess is, that the fastest lap times would be set in qualifying. That's when the driver would be pressing hardest for a single lap. I can't see why it shouldn't count for Lap Records in F1:CE. In my experience, it's very rare to get a tow in qualifying.

GT4 ... why don't you set some rules and have a track every week?
*rules like: tc off/on , steering assist. off/on, start/finish time of each week event...etc

Things will be more organized and competitve...just a thought 💡

I would be up for that if people would take part. Not sure how to go about it so I will think of someway to organise it in line with the real GP. Not sure about making rules other than the ones mentioned as I dont see many of the 'aids' actually helping, other than traction control, but these cars have been built to use TC so I dont believe we should turn it off for any of the events.
All sugestions welcome, and I'll update the rankings now. 👍

Also I believe in real life the fastest laps are only taken from the grand prix on the sunday, not entirely sure but I nearly am.

I got a 1:33.158 at Bahrain in a Ferrari. And a 1:16.674 At Budapest in a BMW Sauber.

In qualifying, you have a very low fuel load and fresh tires, so maybe that's why they don't count.
One can do exactly the same during practice though. In fact, it is wise to finish the practice session by adjusting fuel down to simulate a qualify-round beforehand.

👍
In qualifying, you have a very low fuel load and fresh tires, so maybe that's why they don't count.

The fastest time is the fastest time, set under ideal conditions. This seems to be the way it works IRL, it's odd that it doesn't work that way in F1:CE.

BTW: Genius - you haven't yet posted my Melbourne time that started this whole discussion off:

Melbourne 1:27.150 (Biggles, Ferrari, World Championship)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Why qualifying doesn't count is a mystery to me, also. I've set my best times with a low fuel load and yellow tires in a race.

I think one of the failings with this game is that tyre degradation isn't enough of a factor. As you said, you can set equally fast times with worn tyres if you want to.

Back