Pedro de la Rosa
Georgio Pantano

Manor:
Anthony Davidson
Bruno Senna

Sauber-Ferrari:
Robert Kubica
Nick Heidfeld

Interesting, who is this Kobayoshi guy???

And no Trulli in the field? Controversial

^No Lotus?

Five quid they use Toyota engines

Yoshi2.jpg

Nah, I'm kidding...is a GP2 driver.

And no Trulli in the field? Controversial

Five quid they use Toyota engines

I'll happily take that 5 pounds then because they confirmed Cosworth engines.

And Kamui is Toyota reserve driver and GP2 driver. He's ok, not brilliant though but he will likely be pushed into a seat because Toyota will want Japanese talent in their car.
Trulli is getting old and his performances are slipping, but I disagree that he will be gone, he's still a valuable driver with a lot of experience and I expect to see an unchanged line up at Toyota.

not many make it tho from GP2

Not many? Hamilton, Piquet Jr, Glock, Grosjean, Buemi, Rosberg, Kovalainen, Speed, Nakajima.....

I'll happily take that 5 pounds then because they confirmed Cosworth engines.

And Kamui is Toyota reserve driver and GP2 driver. He's ok, not brilliant though but he will likely be pushed into a seat because Toyota will want Japanese talent in their car.
Trulli is getting old and his performances are slipping, but I disagree that he will be gone, he's still a valuable driver with a lot of experience and I expect to see an unchanged line up at Toyota.

Not many? Hamilton, Piquet Jr, Glock, Grosjean, Buemi, Rosberg, Kovalainen, Speed, Nakajima.....

I just thinking that because of the association with the Lotus road cars with the Toyota engine, that would have seemed right.

As for your GP2 drivers, tell me how many of them have won a race.

Er...Hamilton....Hamilton.....Hamilton....do i need to say more?

I just thinking that because of the association with the Lotus road cars with the Toyota engine, that would have seemed right.

As for your GP2 drivers, tell me how many of them have won a race.

Er...Hamilton....Hamilton.....Hamilton....do i need to say more?

Team Lotus is not Lotus Cars, even though they are slightly related, they are not at all the same company.

And yes you don't need to say anymore, thats the 3rd fact you've gotten wrong. Think or at least look these things up before typing, or does Kovalainen's win not count anymore?

And surely wins aren't everything? Especially nowadays with such competitive fields. It wasn't your original point either - you stated not "many" drivers make it from GP2, not many drivers from GP2 go on to win in F1.
Only 4 of those drivers haven't been on the podium and only 2 haven't scored a point and one has only had 3 races.

Also, where do you think "many" new drivers come from? Name as many drivers that have come from any other series in the last 5 years. The only other popular series for new drivers is World Series by Renault.

Heh, I still won't believe it till its confirmed but wow after all those years it finally looks likely. That or Ferrari have played the greatest joke ever on the media.
Guess we can expect some more 2010 announcements in the coming weeks then, because everyone was waiting for this.

I'd say it's certain Alonso will move to Ferrari. There is no way there is no deal when so much rumours have been going about for so long. If the opposite, I'll the say the same as Ardius on the practical joke.

I'd say it's certain Alonso will move to Ferrari. There is no way there is no deal when so much rumours have been going about for so long.

The length of the rumours mean nothing, Alonso have been connected with Ferrari for the past 5 or more years.
Its the fact we have people like Jonathan Noble confirming it that makes it sound more likely, not just some Spanish tabloid paper.

Well it sets the wheel in motion. Now we'll see what drivers decided to do. Kub to Renault is an interesting one, with Kimi to McLaren also interesting to see where Kova will go

Its going to get complicated however, because Brawn said they aren't going to consider driver contracts till season end, and seeing as people like Rosberg will be looking at a seat there, we could still be seeing much of the market frozen still.
Kub could still opt for Williams, Kovy could go back to Renault without Flav, Fisi said he wants a race seat still, Trulli needs to go somewhere, etc.

I expect a couple of new teams to confirm a couple of experienced drivers though and some new drivers. Problem is the new teams will be also waiting to see who is left to grab, imagine getting someone of Heidfeld's experience!

Oh and I guess Alonso is retracting his previous statements about Ferrari? ;)

Team Lotus is not Lotus Cars, even though they are slightly related, they are not at all the same company.

And yes you don't need to say anymore, thats the 3rd fact you've gotten wrong. Think or at least look these things up before typing, or does Kovalainen's win not count anymore?

And surely wins aren't everything? Especially nowadays with such competitive fields. It wasn't your original point either - you stated not "many" drivers make it from GP2, not many drivers from GP2 go on to win in F1.
Only 4 of those drivers haven't been on the podium and only 2 haven't scored a point and one has only had 3 races.

Also, where do you think "many" new drivers come from? Name as many drivers that have come from any other series in the last 5 years. The only other popular series for new drivers is World Series by Renault.

I completely forgot about Kovvy's win in Hungary last year, thank you for reminding me.

I was also thinking success wise for not many people making it but you do have valid points.

I bow to your somewhat superior knowledge sir

The entire Ferrari situation looks like a farce to me. They've got one six podiums, including one victory, this year and it was Räikkönen who brought five of those. Yet he's being axed in favour of Massa which makes the Ferrari headquarters look like sheep who don't have the guts to fire a driver just because he's injured. They're shooting a good few rounds into their own feet by keeping Massa with zero knowledge about if he'll ever drive at his old level again and throwing Räikkönen over board even though he's the one who got some performance out of the F60... unless they'll need someone to play the second fiddle to Alonso. Would make sense though. Alonso and Räikkönen are arguably the two fastest drivers on the grid at the moment, one hell of a dream team, but it seems that Ferrari doesn't want the potential of two world champions.

Then again the anticipated move of Räikkönen to McLaren, I surely hope it'll never happen unless there's some change of thinking at Woking. If he'll get the same treatment as Kovalainen, meaning old parts and usually an oil tanker to drive in Q3, he should quit F1 and enter the world of rallying. Certainly a lot more to pursue there and probably a nicer atmosphere too.

I think you'll be better off pulling the names out of a hat to get next yers drivers...

The only knowns are Hamilton, Massa, Vettel & Webber at the moment!!

C.

he should quit F1 and enter the world of rallying. Certainly a lot more to pursue there and probably a nicer atmosphere too.

I see you point, he did an okay job in the Rally of Finland but nothing spectacular but where would he go and who would want him?

That seat is the whole key to this merry-go-round

The entire Ferrari situation looks like a farce to me. They've got one six podiums, including one victory, this year and it was Räikkönen who brought five of those. Yet he's being axed in favour of Massa which makes the Ferrari headquarters look like sheep who don't have the guts to fire a driver just because he's injured. They're shooting a good few rounds into their own feet by keeping Massa with zero knowledge about if he'll ever drive at his old level again and throwing Räikkönen over board even though he's the one who got some performance out of the F60... unless they'll need someone to play the second fiddle to Alonso. Would make sense though. Alonso and Räikkönen are arguably the two fastest drivers on the grid at the moment, one hell of a dream team, but it seems that Ferrari doesn't want the potential of two world champions.

Then again the anticipated move of Räikkönen to McLaren, I surely hope it'll never happen unless there's some change of thinking at Woking. If he'll get the same treatment as Kovalainen, meaning old parts and usually an oil tanker to drive in Q3, he should quit F1 and enter the world of rallying. Certainly a lot more to pursue there and probably a nicer atmosphere too.

I think if you look at overall performance before Massa was injured, you will see that they were pretty equal.
Also, because of the deal with Santander, its easy to move Raikkonen to McLaren.

When these kinds of deals are figured out, its usually several months in advance, go back a few months and Raikkonen would still have his 2008 shadow over his reputation. I agree that its silly he's seen as the lesser driver after the past races, but overall he hasn't really blasted Massa like perhaps he should have done. He wasn't really much of a lead driver.

I see no reason why there should be a problem at McLaren with Kimi, he left originally because they couldn't build a reliable car and presumably had enough of Ron Dennis. Both problems are out of the picture now.

I think if you look at overall performance before Massa was injured, you will see that they were pretty equal.
Also, because of the deal with Santander, its easy to move Raikkonen to McLaren.

Funny you should mention the brains behind the deals.

Want the reason they extened the deal with Mclaren? To pay the wages of a Kimi-Matias Räikkönen and pave the way for Mr F.Alonso to the red team.

Or was that what you were saying in that post?

Funny you should mention the brains behind the deals.

Want the reason they extened the deal with Mclaren? To pay the wages of a Kimi-Matias Räikkönen and pave the way for Mr F.Alonso to the red team.

Or was that what you were saying in that post?

Thats what I meant, although I actually meant Santader already have a contract with McLaren, they sign one with Ferrari and Ferrari say "what can we do with Kimi?" and Santander just make a few noises at Woking and hey presto.
Not the most out of this world theory seen in F1.

I am so going to laugh a each and every single raid Alonso-to-Ferrari supporter if and when Alonso has a bad season.

Has Alonso ever had a bad season? Has he ever really not driven well all season? I don't know if we will ever see that happen!

Has Alonso ever had a bad season? Has he ever really not driven well all season? I don't know if we will ever see that happen!
2008 springs to mind. He won in Singapore, but that race was fixed. And he won in Japan, but only because Hamilton, Massa and Raikkonen had been repalced by their talentless clones.

The way everybody talks about it, you'd think that Alonso will be given the 2010 title at the beginning of the 2010 season. They seem to think he's guaranteed a victory ... when he isn't. He's going to have to contend with Hamilton, Massa, Raikkonen and in all likelihood Jenson Button and whoever his team-mate is at Brawn. At the very least, I hope Massa upstages him.

2008 springs to mind. He won in Singapore, but that race was fixed. And he won in Japan, but only because Hamilton, Massa and Raikkonen had been repalced by their talentless clones.

The way everybody talks about it, you'd think that Alonso will be given the 2010 title at the beginning of the 2010 season. They seem to think he's guaranteed a victory ... when he isn't. He's going to have to contend with Hamilton, Massa, Raikkonen and in all likelihood Jenson Button and whoever his team-mate is at Brawn. At the very least, I hope Massa upstages him.

But in terms of his driving, he's never had a bad season and more often than not he has been able to drive the car way beyond its abilities. Even if he hadn't won in Japan, the Renault's pace was good enough to keep up with the top cars.
I don't think many people look on it as a bad season for Alonso, more a bad season for Renault - what more could Alonso do?

Alonso was almost always in the points in 2008, sure its not as good as his championship winning seasons, but its not particularly bad either.

He didn't have a great season in 2007 either?!

C.

What? Finishing joint 2nd in the drivers championship? Thats a bad season?
He had a bad time with his team but it wasn't a bad season for him, he still showed his driving ability.

Just had an idea for what would be an utterly awesome team to see for next year: USSF1. The short version is this: USF1 sign someone like Jonathan Summerton and put him in alongside Vitaly Petrov. Plaster one car with American sponsors, and the other with Russian ones. Then let them race to settle that whole Cold War thing they had going a while ago once anf for all.

I'll have a go at this. A couple of unlikely ones but who knows... I might get a couple right as well :dunce:

Brawn: Button, Rosberg
Red Bull: Vettel, Webber
Toyota: Glock, Nakajima
Ferrari: Alonso, Massa (or Fisichella)
Williams: Barichello, Kovalainen
McLaren: Hamilton, Raikkonen
Renault: Kubica, Grosjean
Toro Rosso: Buemi, Alguersuari
Force India: Sutil, Liuzzi
Campos: De La Rosa, Gachnang
Virgin/Manor: Davidson, Carroll
Lotus: Fauzy, ?