Your predictions for the driver line-up, 2010

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 703 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing level on points with your rookie driver teammate?

C.

Well thats just being negative towards rookies, quite clearly Hamilton is pretty good, so just drawing level with him is not "bad" at all.

Well thats just being negative towards rookies, quite clearly Hamilton is pretty good, so just drawing level with him is not "bad" at all.

Indeed - Hamilton should've beaten him!!!!

C.

The way everybody talks about it, you'd think that Alonso will be given the 2010 title at the beginning of the 2010 season. They seem to think he's guaranteed a victory ... when he isn't. He's going to have to contend with Hamilton, Massa, Raikkonen and in all likelihood Jenson Button and whoever his team-mate is at Brawn. At the very least, I hope Massa upstages him.

Ughhh, yea...that's just something created in your head :lol: TBH, I don't see much talk of that here or elsewhere. A lot of people are really anticipating Alonso's move to Ferrari, simply because he is arguably the best all around driver on the grid, and hasn't been in a PROPER seat for 2 years now :crazy: :nervous: Of course his fans want to see him in a car he deserves...not in a pig, pushing all out the entire weekend just to make the top 10 or better.

I'm also of the opinion (just my opinion from watching) that Alonso has improved a fair amount since 2007, much in the way that Valentino Rossi has been forced to step his game up with the new breed of talent in MotoGP. I think going from back to back WDC's in 05 and 06 to the position he has gotten to over the course of the past 3 years has really made him hungrier than ever...he has really become quite the over achiever. Of course Alonso is not guaranteed any type of victory next season, but if Ferrari (if he goes there) supply him with a competitive top 3 car, I think he will be a legitmate title contender, which will be a nice change from the HOLE he has been stuck in for the past 2 years :yuck: But I guess some people like that...

Last edited:
Q: (Don Kennedy – Hawke’s Bay Today) Fernando, given that you seem to be the key to the drivers’ market for 2010, does this podium help you make the decision as to which team you might drive for next year, including it could possibly be Ferrari?
FA:
No, this podium doesn’t change anything. I took the decision already, so soon we will know.

Q: (Don Kennedy – Hawke’s Bay Today) Are you going to tell us?
FA:
If you pay a good amount.
LH: I’ll give you a tenner, ten euros.
FA: Not enough. At least twenty!

Hamilton joking with Alonso? They must be feeling -really- happy and optimistic.

Hamilton joking with Alonso? They must be feeling -really- happy and optimistic.

Deary me, I don't think Alonso ever had a serious problem with Hamilton, his issue was with McLaren management.

Why is it beyond rivals to joke with each other?

Right ok then. Piquet jr. to Renault you heard it here first :sly:

Shouldn't he go to one of the new teams looking for an experienced driver?

Nah, they'll be too busy hiring Yuji Ide, Jacques Villenueve, Jean-Denis Délétraz and Ralph Firman.

Nigel Mansell will be looking to get the Renault seat after he declared the current drivers to "have it all easy" compared to his championship year.*

*Interesting note: Mansell is the only driver ever to have driven for all 4 of the most successful teams.

Nah, they'll be too busy hiring Yuji Ide, Jacques Villenueve, Jean-Denis Délétraz and Ralph Firman.

Nigel Mansell will be looking to get the Renault seat after he declared the current drivers to "have it all easy" compared to his championship year.*

*Interesting note: Mansell is the only driver ever to have driven for all 4 of the most successful teams.

Williams, Ferrari, don't think he drover for McLaren and I know he drove for Lotus.

Am i missing anyone?

Hot news. One of my father's work mates has a brother-in-law, which is rich and has been in almost all the F1 GPs (in the paddock) this year. You could say he's "an insider". Knew about Alguersuari staying on STR all year before any website, and know he's got more info:

Alonso to Ferrari, 5 years, 40 million for year. (Somewhat old news)
Raikkonen goes to McLaren. 44 millions paid. (Also somewhat old news)
USF1 drivers: De La Rosa/Wurz. (Looks like Gené could go to Campos)

Williams, Ferrari, don't think he drover for McLaren and I know he drove for Lotus.

Am i missing anyone?

Wikipedia isn't that hard to use.
He drove for the 4 most successful teams, like I said. The 4 most successful are Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and Lotus.
He's had a famous incident in all 4 teams as well.

Hot news. One of my father's work mates has a brother-in-law, which is rich and has been in almost all the F1 GPs (in the paddock) this year. You could say he's "an insider". Knew about Alguersuari staying on STR all year before any website, and know he's got more info:

Alonso to Ferrari, 5 years, 40 million for year. (Somewhat old news)
Raikkonen goes to McLaren. 44 millions paid. (Also somewhat old news)
USF1 drivers: De La Rosa/Wurz. (Looks like Gené could go to Campos)

Wow I'm surprised at DLR going for USF1, they are looking decidedly the weakest team out of the 4. Guess Campos didn't offer him the right kind of contract?
I'm not so sure Gene will be so great for Campos, there are better choices out there, but better than nothing I guess.

I don't know what to think of it really, I'm very keen to know who Manor and Lotus get now though.

However, the BBC disagree:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8280566.stm

Alonso for 2 year contract for 19-25 million euros per year.

Oh, and Loeb looks increasingly likely for a 2009 debut:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090929132233.shtml

Last edited:
Ughhh, yea...that's just something created in your head :lol: TBH, I don't see much talk of that here or elsewhere. A lot of people are really anticipating Alonso's move to Ferrari, simply because he is arguably the best all around driver on the grid, and hasn't been in a PROPER seat for 2 years now :crazy: :nervous: Of course his fans want to see him in a car he deserves...not in a pig, pushing all out the entire weekend just to make the top 10 or better.

I'm also of the opinion (just my opinion from watching) that Alonso has improved a fair amount since 2007, much in the way that Valentino Rossi has been forced to step his game up with the new breed of talent in MotoGP. I think going from back to back WDC's in 05 and 06 to the position he has gotten to over the course of the past 3 years has really made him hungrier than ever...he has really become quite the over achiever. Of course Alonso is not guaranteed any type of victory next season, but if Ferrari (if he goes there) supply him with a competitive top 3 car, I think he will be a legitmate title contender, which will be a nice change from the HOLE he has been stuck in for the past 2 years :yuck: But I guess some people like that...

You're the mind-reader :bowdown: That's just what I wanted to say... 👍

Let me throw a little bit of a curve ball here for next season

What about De Grassi to Manor or if, they don't get him, what about if they use some of their F3 Euroseries drivers?

Worth a shout?

And, according to wikipedia, Santander is with Ferrari AND McLaren next season????

Can thye do that?

Well the BBC are claiming Fernando Alonso to Ferrari is a done deal and that he has signed a two year contract worth 19-25 million euros ( £17.3m-£22.8m ). ( With an option of a futher three years ) They say Ferrari will probably announce it at the Japanese Grand Prix, he will partner Felipe Massa. Here is a link to the full artical:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8280566.stm

Edit:- Just noticed Ardius stuck it in an earlier post, oh well.

Last edited:
Let me throw a little bit of a curve ball here for next season

What about De Grassi to Manor or if, they don't get him, what about if they use some of their F3 Euroseries drivers?

Worth a shout?

And, according to wikipedia, Santander is with Ferrari AND McLaren next season????

Can thye do that?

Curve ball? I don't think you know what that term really means, Di Grassi to Manor would make sense because he drove for them previously and has some limited F1 testing, how would that be a curve ball?

And Santander can spend their money how they like, its their money.

Curve ball? I don't think you know what that term really means, Di Grassi to Manor would make sense because he drove for them previously and has some limited F1 testing, how would that be a curve ball?

And Santander can spend their money how they like, its their money.

i was thinking like because most people, not everyone, but most people think he is going to partner either Kubica or Grosjean at Renault, depending on what happens elsewhere and with his former connections with Monor GP in the past, i was throwing that in.

That could open other people up, Paul Di Resta could end up at Manor.

I think it is safe to say that until Fezza announce Nando as their driver, we don't know what is going to happen.

Are we all in agreement that that is probably a given?

Barrichello is believed to be closing in on a deal with Sir Frank and the boys from Grove:
Barrichello closing on Williams deal

By Jonathan Noble - Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 08:49 GMT

Rubens Barrichello is closing in on a deal with Williams for 2010, AUTOSPORT has learned, in a move that could see him swap places with Nico Rosberg.

On the back of a season where he has resurrected his Formula 1 career, having turned a lifeline from Brawn GP into a full-scale assault on the world championship, Barrichello is poised to extend his stay in F1 for at least one more year.

Although his performances for Brawn were not enough to guarantee his future at the team, with Rosberg's move to the Brackley-based team an open secret in F1, Williams is believed to be keen to tap into Barrichello's vast experience and speed as it continues its push back to the front of the grid.

With Williams expected to sign rookie Nico Hulkenberg, the team has set its sights on an experienced team leader to help guide car development and help bring on a rookie team-mate.

Sources have claimed that Barrichello recently visited the Williams factory at Grove to discuss the plans for next year, and it is understood that an outline deal either has already been agreed or is close to being concluded.

Speaking in Singapore last weekend, Williams technical director Sam Michael made no secret of the fact that the team's preference was for a driver line-up that featured both experience and youth.

"If you have someone who is very experienced that is great because they have experience on set-up and car direction," he explained. "And if you have someone who is young, then they bring enthusiasm.

"We've had many different drivers in Williams over the years in both camps - experienced guys and rookies, and they have all had their plus and minuses. But the most important thing is that they are fast, this is first and foremost for us."

Barrichello has won two races this year and currently lies 15 points behind team-mate Jenson Button in the world championship standings, with three races to go.

Although Barrichello is close to a deal with Williams, it is not impossible that he could be kept by Brawn GP if the team fails to reach agreement with Button about the financial terms of a new contract for 2010.

Discussions between the world championship leader and the team over money for next year have not yet reached a conclusion. It is understood the two parties are still some way apart in their discussions about just how much Button should be paid on the back of his strong campaign, having agreed to a cut-price deal this year to ensure Brawn GP's future in F1.

However, Barrichello may feel it is better to take a guaranteed seat at Williams in the next few weeks rather than wait until after the season for the chance of something that may not happen.

Williams also held talks with Robert Kubica earlier this year, but the Polish driver is now expected to take up an offer he has from the Renault team.
If this happens, I think it could actually be a pretty good deal. I'd like to think that Rubinho and Frank Williams would get along famously, and Williams would probably get Mercedes engines in the deal. I also think he'd be a great mentor for Nico Hulkenberg; both could keep the other honest all year long.

Good deal for Brawn, in that they get a very promising driver to partner Button, good for Williams as well in that it gives a good mentor for the other Nico.

Cant see Williams doing much next year though...

Next season is shaping up to be very exciting, with all the new teams and drivers. As a Barrichello fan, although I'd prefer him to stay in Brawn, I'd like to see him in Williams too. With the new teams and the limited budget I see Williams getting better, and having Barrichello and a new driver should be very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back