Your PSN, why?

• Thread starter O604
  • 118 comments
Canada
Canada
Kaizen-Teian
Just for fun and getting to know each other, how/why did you pick your PSN/GT planet name?

My PSN, Kaizen-Teian is technically Japanese. But mostly an exported term. It's been used on a few publications on productivity.

Kaizen literally means "change good". Longer translation is "continuous improvement through change". The term was popularized in a book from the 80's called 'Kaizen: The Key to Japan's Competitive Success'. And is often associated with Toyota. Teian means suggestion or proposal.

Main reason for choosing this name? It was available. Easy for me to remember. Not so easy for others to remember. :D

My GT Planet name, 604 is the telephone area code in my area in Canada.

That's me. Kind of boring. Hope I can learn about some of yours.

My PSN: UnwashedHeathen came from staring at the PSN name entry for close to an hour and just needing something to end the headache. I go on and off liking it.

GTPlanet name because Maximum Attack is the only strategy I ever deploy. (If you don't know, it was coined by the Finnish chap with the mullet in my avatar)

PSN ID = GentlemanRacing (send an FR if you'd like some clean racing:cheers:)
GTP ID = Clean Racer

No explanation needed, I would think. I try to avoid contact and leave room. My defensive moves are telegraphed in advance. I never weave down long straights or try a move to the inside unless I am already in a reasonable position. (At least half way alongside prior to entry in to a corner).

"Race Hard, Race Clean."

I mostly race in league events as opposed to Sport Mode. I prefer longer races.

Last edited:
Randle Patrick McMurphy is is one of my all-time favorite movie characters, played by Jack Nicholson in "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest".
main-qimg-6e81af7624ff04f56f0a8ece52fe25bd

My forum name and PSN name are the same. It's a mashup of Breeze and Terminator. Breeze is a name I used for online gaming something like 20+ years ago, playing FPSs. I was a DSL early adopter which was a huge unfair advantage over people on dial-up. I thought it was fun to beat people with names like Hurricane and Tornado while named after the gentlest air movement. I couldn't have that name on Xbox or PSN, so it needed modifying in some way. In real life, multiple people have put "inator" on the end of my name, saying I'm like a machine, so I went with a variant of that, hence breeminator.

My old PSN name is the same as here. Spec Miata because when I made my account for GTP I had just started racing SM, and the JSW are my initials. I just updated my PSN name to DNA_SpecMiata when we were allowed to change our names.

I have another DNA account I was using before the name changes so I could race under the DNA tag, and that is DNA_Balder because I’m losing my hair. Balder was a nickname I got in college, so it seemed appropriate when coming up with a new account. Not sure why. LOL!

Thanks to the name change I only use Balder when I compete in FIA Nations because I started the season with that account and don’t want to double dip in FIA with two accounts.

Just for fun and getting to know each other, how/why did you pick your PSN/GT planet name?

My PSN, Kaizen-Teian is technically Japanese. But mostly an exported term. It's been used on a few publications on productivity.

Kaizen literally means "change good". Longer translation is "continuous improvement through change". The term was popularized in a book from the 80's called 'Kaizen: The Key to Japan's Competitive Success'. And is often associated with Toyota. Teian means suggestion or proposal.

Main reason for choosing this name? It was available. Easy for me to remember. Not so easy for others to remember. :D

My GT Planet name, 604 is the telephone area code in my area in Canada.

That's me. Kind of boring. Hope I can learn about some of yours.

Not knocking your name but Kaizen is a really annoying buzz word in manufacturing. It seems you give something an exotic sounding name and management go ape for it. Most kaizen projects I see are just small incremental improvements that they will make a big fuss over but rarely make any actual difference.

Oh, and my PSN name is TheLeggacy. When I was a college I played guitar in a band, a friend told me i should have a cool stage name like the The Edge. My surname is Legg he suggested The Legacy. I never adopted a stage name but when it came to making a PSN name I just added an extra g for my “double dose of gangster pimpin”
Thank you to Daniel Ackerman for the idea, where ever you are!

Last edited:
Not knocking your name but Kaizen is a really annoying buzz word in manufacturing. It seems you give something an exotic sounding name and management go ape for it. Most kaizen projects I see are just small incremental improvements that they will make a big fuss over but rarely make any actual difference.
Man, I hate the internet some days. Have a good day.

I've been SpaceMaN since I was a kid,(14 or so) got it from the movie Sunset Park. The y0 is enough of a variation that its (usually) available for screen names. For some reason I don't think it was for PSN, so I threw the 47 in there, the number I wore in grade school football when we won the championship.

Back