your thoughts on F1CE's handling / physics, CM wants to hear from you about F1 2009:

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 7 comments
As has been said before we all seem to want a real full simulator. I also think there should be many aids so as newcomers could learn the game. Although a physics engine such as the one in Grid would be IMO completely unacceptable for a F1 game. F1 is the pinnacle of technology and for the game that represents it to be little more then a glorified arcade game would be a huge mistake for marketing F1.

Funny you should ask MS7, given my thread in Ferrari Challenge.

Overall, I love the handling in F1CE, but I feel the FFB should communicate more sense of weight in the steering.

make sure you guys head on over to the CM forum & give them your input !
Meh, I'll have to register. :indiff: I will though, if we are even slightly listened to it will be good. Although I hope the cheif designer was being sarcastic when he said, "forza, you say? I'll see if anyones heard of that" :scared::scared:, I havent even played the game but I still consider it as the 2nd most realistic console racing game out there, after GT5P, they better have heard of it!

I find it's almost impossible to counter steer out of small spins, which is kind of annoying. Otherwise it is ok. I love how in cockpit view the car is shaking quite abit, makes it seem more realistic...unlike GT5 where the car hardly moves.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask MS7, given my thread in Ferrari Challenge.

Overall, I love the handling in F1CE, but I feel the FFB should communicate more sense of weight in the steering.

I wrote before criticizing Weight transfer issues on F1CE. I totally missed the fact that F1 cars have the lowest center of gravity of any racing machine (even the calipers are placed on the lower part of the disks brakes). F1 car's ride is closer to the ground, plus the suspension is the hardest of all. So, the perception of weight transfer must be very little. In other games like GT4 (I haven't played FC yet), you can see and feel weight transfer because the cars are taller and heavier than a F1 car. In 2006, the weight/power ratio was much more even on a F1 than in a GTR or Prototype car: F1 = 780 Hp pulling 600 Kilos (1,322lb) = 1.7 lb per hp compared to 750 hp (average) pulling 3,000lb or heavier of its counterparts (do the math).

I wrote before criticizing Weight transfer issues on F1CE. I totally missed the fact that F1 cars have the lowest center of gravity of any racing machine (even the calipers are placed on the lower part of the disks brakes). F1 car's ride is closer to the ground, plus the suspension is the hardest of all. So, the perception of weight transfer must be very little. In other games like GT4 (I haven't played FC yet), you can see and feel weight transfer because the cars are taller and heavier than a F1 car. In 2006, the weight/power ratio was much more even on a F1 than in a GTR or Prototype car: F1 = 780 Hp pulling 600 Kilos (1,322lb) = 1.7 lb per hp compared to 750 hp (average) pulling 3,000lb or heavier of its counterparts (do the math).

I understand what you're saying, but I think the weight-transfer in FC is partly the feeling of your weight "transfering" - ie. the G-forces going through a turn at high speed. This is what is totally absent from F1:CE - there is no physical sensation for the driver. IMO this is what the FFB in FC communicates well. Try it & let me know what you think...

Latest Posts

Back