Your Top 10 gaming moments

• Thread starter donbenni
  • 93 comments
10. Unlocking the Ferrari F50 in PGR1, back when 200,000 Kudos was astronomical.
9. Surpassing 20 kills in Black Ops for the first time.
8. Playing an entire season (162 games!) in MLB 2K10 my player mode, hitting .356 with 81 HRs and 199 RBI.
7. Booting up GT5 for the first time.
6. A window-to-window kill in Nuketown (Black Ops) with the China Lake in Gun Game.
5. Winning my first Gun Game.
4. Beating NFS Carbon (the only game I had the patience to beat).
3. An epic online 3-hour marathon around the Nurburgring in Forza 3. Online.
2. Winning the NBA title in NBA 2k11 in my player mode.
1. Opening my birthday present ten years ago to see a brand new Xbox and PGR1.

mPWRD
10. Unlocking the Ferrari F50 in PGR1, back when 200,000 Kudos was astronomical.
9. Surpassing 20 kills in Black Ops for the first time.
8. Playing an entire season (162 games!) in MLB 2K10 my player mode, hitting .356 with 81 HRs and 199 RBI.
7. Booting up GT5 for the first time.
6. A window-to-window kill in Nuketown (Black Ops) with the China Lake in Gun Game.
5. Winning my first Gun Game.
4. Beating NFS Carbon (the only game I had the patience to beat).
3. An epic online 3-hour marathon around the Nurburgring in Forza 3. Online.
2. Winning the NBA title in NBA 2k11 in my player mode.
1. Opening my birthday present ten years ago to see a brand new Xbox and PGR1.

Gun game? CS? If yes, then I have it somewhere in the middle too. It is very exciting going for the first win, but it goes away after you win a couple, amazing time nonetheless.

Oh, trying out my boy's augmented reality cards on 3DS was a wow moment when first seen.

10. Beating Pokemon Blue by getting Mew, M, and over level 100 Pokemon, catching uncatchables, and beating the Elite Four only once.
9. Won 24 Hour Nurburgring.
I'll continue later. I have to go through over 15 years of gaming.

Gun game? CS? If yes, then I have it somewhere in the middle too. It is very exciting going for the first win, but it goes away after you win a couple, amazing time nonetheless.

Gun Game on black ops. But yeah, pretty much the same feeling.

In no particular order

1. Beating Mario Kart 150cc the first time
2. Finding and Fighting (and being obliterated by) the Emerald Weapon in FFVII
3. Getting the Hadouken in Megaman X
4. Racing in the rain in Network Q RAC Rally over a 15Km stage
5. Super Metroid/Secret of Mana, the whole game in both cases
6. Seeing my first fatality in Mortal Kombat on game gear
7. Meeting the butcher in Diablo 1
8. The music in The Last Ninja on C64
9. Getting the last Gold licence in GT1/2
10. Finally beating Kung Fu master on Atari 2600 with my dad

Ah the music in last ninja C64.

Rob hubbards Monty on the run had my SID chip singing.

My favourite. Good days.

8. Beating the Special Stage Route 11 endurance races.
7. Beating Through the Fire and Flames on expert.
6. Beating my uncle at Tekken, finally, he's a legend, playing since '94
5. Beating 101%, Crash Team Racing in one sitting, including Time Trials, cup races and everything platinum.
4. Beating Visions on expert drums.
3. FC'd Bark at the Moon on Guitar Hero Smash Hits
2. Getting my Sega Genesis when I was 2.
1. Beat and five starred Brianstorm on drums. this made me fall down in fatigue. Find the chart on Youtube and you will see how hard it is. The first and only time I've passed it.

Honorable mention:
Golding all of Gran Turismo 2 license tests.

1. Playing the GT games. Absolutely amazing. :bowdown:
2. My old PS1 games. Destruction Derby, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Re-Volt... and can't forget Crash Team Racing!
3. Playing Guitar Hero 3 for the first time. It wasn't easy, but it sure was fun.
4. Need For Speed 3 (Hot Pursuit) and Need For Speed 4 (High Stakes). 2 of the best racing games I've ever played.
5. The first time I ever played on an online server in Team Fortress 2, I got 30+ kills with a sentry. Damn, that was lucky.
6. Playing Minecraft.
7. Playing Terraria.
8. Every time I play Through The Fire And Flames in practice mode on GH3, I can always get around 60-65% of the notes. One time I think I got 72% of the notes.
9. Beating Welcome Home on expert drums on Rock Band. Not that it was REALLY hard, but it's almost as long as TTFAF I think, my right knee was hurting so badly... :boggled:
10. Beta testing Lego Universe. It's a great game, too bad it's monthly payment to play now.

This will take some thought.

10. The day my dad bought me Microprose's Grand Prix for the amiga. I crashed. Alot
9. Monkey Island 3. Amazing game. Hope I get to play it again some day.
8. Winning my First Championship on Grand Prix 2. I played as Schumi on the highest difficulty with no aids :).
7. Star Wars Knights of the old republic.
6. Toca 2. Had a lot of great battles with my friends in this game.
5. Grand Prix 3. The wait seemed so long, but it was worth it.
4. Oblivion. Took me a while to get into it, but when I did, I was hooked. Can't wait for Skyrim.
3. Metal Gear Solid. I was instantly hooked.
2. Metal Gear Solid 3. You really felt you went on a journey.
1. Final Fantasy 7. I only played it for the first time 2 years ago. At first, I remember thinking "this is the game everyone raves about?" but before long, I was hooked.

I will probably read this post in a days time and think "how could I have left out *insert game title*"

10. Playing US Racer (crappy, but simpe game, do like).
9. Completing NFS High Stakes.
8. Sonic 3, last boss.
7. Getting hiddden cars (no matter what game is it).
6. Getting all license tests in GT1.
5. Getting all license tests in GT2.
4. Completing 99 lap endurance race in GT2.
3. Playing NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 online.
2. In Cold Blood ending.
1. Metal Gear Solid ending.

This is a very cool thread,as for the best gaming moments,and as my profile implies there are just all ace combat moments(from AC1 to AC6,hopefully ACAH) That's why I encourage people to play these games,specially the PS2 versions,putting that aside:

10. Modern warfare 2, "On Their Own Accord"from the briefing to the bit when you get extracted by UH-60,its very dramatic(I'm not American,could not care less about Americans but that bit is just simple damn good)(Ramirez gets a lot of love in you tube)

9. The trip through the citadel on HL2

8. The final mission of the original medal of honor(stop the V2)

7. Beating COD4's All ghilled up in veteran

6. The ending of Resident evil 3 nemesis,this is a fun one for me because the ending is that you have to defeat a monster before a countdown gets to zero,I managed to kill the monster at exactly the same moment when the timer reached zero,so cinematic,and fail for me,I had to kill the monster,then escape,so that expectation for the cinematic is something that I will never forget.

5. Silent hill 1,when the nurse stays on the hospital room to die

4. Gran Turismo 4,When I completed the Nurburgring 24h I,finally could get the F1 to bet the minolta.

3. MGS3,specially the bit when Snake has to fight with the boss,quite an epic moment.

2. Brother is arms-Road to hill 30,when baker squad have to hold the hill 30 against a German counter-attack,to be more precise,the bit in which one of your team mates(Legget)touch total despair and starts to shot a tank with a pistol,then the tank fire a round against him,and then he drops dead at your side(Brother in arms is a tactical WWII FPS,almost like simulation,you should check that one out)

1. (apart from AC moments)Brothers in arms,Earned in blood-to be precise the moment in which Doyle(partner) and you meet a tank,then the tank blow Doyle in 1000 pieces,it was the saddest moment that I ever e(in the game the character is develop as a close friend,you end up getting a lot of appreciation towards him)

I have the misfortune of missed Shadow of the Colosus and ICO,so They might get more props than ace combat.

1. Legitamately winning a gt v.s. fm comparison arguement... Get this, quote on quote from the fanboys words
" it took 5 gran turismo's to compare to forza's 3 games..." he was born in 99... And my response was... Kid stay off the internet... The GT series has been up and running longer than your life...

I don't have a lot, but here's a few of them (not in order):
  • Getting owned in GTP races - Made me quite humble at the fact that I suck :lol:
  • Getting Dogs, three Chopper Gunners and two Gunships in one weekend
  • Buying the Map Packs for Black Ops - Convoy, Ascention and Stadium ftw!!
  • Taking the time to tune your car, and take an hour to beat your lap record and then beating it by a landslide - ToCA3.. made me so happy!
  • My first Ninja Defuse :D
  • (Almost) perfecting Highway Star on Expert on Rock Band.
  • Getting the PD FGT on GT4 (okay, it was mostly B-Spec :P)
  • Getting a PS2
  • Getting a DS
  • Getting a Wii
  • Getting a PS3

Last edited:
1. Legitamately winning a gt v.s. fm comparison arguement... Get this, quote on quote from the fanboys words
" it took 5 gran turismo's to compare to forza's 3 games..." he was born in 99... And my response was... Kid stay off the internet... The GT series has been up and running longer than your life...

So you (allegedly) won an argument with an 11/12yo?

Congratulations.

GumShoe
So you (allegedly) won an argument with an 11/12yo?

Congratulations.
Why not... The kid was not only running his lippy attitude to all the members in the room, he also had false beliefs of something that was not true... Hell i'd say the exact same thing if he was my kid... (im 16 btw) and shutting up a kid that no longer has nothing else to say that also leaves the room on his own behalf is more than rewarding...

^ It's a sad state of affairs that that's your top gaming moment. You've missed out on so much.

Let's see...

10. Making a 50x50 mob killer in minecraft
9. Star wars Battlefront, Bespin, Platforms. killing tunnels
8. Star wars Battlefront 2, chopping tons and tons of droids down as a jedi
7. discovering the Yogscast and Totalbiscut youtube channels
6. Playing a PS2 for the first time (the game was burnout)
5. Playing my first PS2 shooter (Medal of Honour, Frontline, a very good game actually)
4. finishing doom 2 on 2nd hardest difficulty, no cheats (nightmare is impossible)
3. getting 100% in GTA: San Andreas
2. getting 100% in GT4
1. getting all gold licence in GT4 (I'm actually on 79 gold,but it's going to happen)

Wow a but late on this one but here's a top ten if ever I saw one.

Oblivion.

Just amazing.

bullet360
Why not... The kid was not only running his lippy attitude to all the members in the room, he also had false beliefs of something that was not true... Hell i'd say the exact same thing if he was my kid... (im 16 btw) and shutting up a kid that no longer has nothing else to say that also leaves the room on his own behalf is more than rewarding...

Wow.... and if that is rewarding to you I highly suggest putting down the keyboard, mouse, and controller and going out somewhere.

Things that come to mind are:

1. My first NES as a kid for Christmas
2. Playing Blades of Steel for NES
3. Playing Excitbike for NES
4. Playing Goldeneye
5. Minecraft
6. The sniper shot in COD4
7. Finishing my first racing game endurance race (Laguna in GT5)
8. Playing through an entire 82 game season of NHL 10
9. Playing Mario Kart with the dumb little balloons
10. First time beating Mario 1 on NES without stopping

When I finally got good at Call of Duty, learning how to drive a car correctly in Gran Turismo 3-5, making my friends look bad with a stiff-armin', ankle-breakin' run in NCAA Football, and making the best crashes I could on Daytona in old NASCAR games 👍.

- Finally beating Zico and Zone Zeus in WipeoutHD
- Going from absolutely hopeless in Batman AA combat challenges to clicking what the trick is to getting the combo's down and suddenly getting good at it
- Acing the speed challenges in Mirror's Edge
- Finishing super mario bro's 1 for the first time
- Any GT game with a wheel
- Captain skyhawk (for some reason I loved that game as a kid)

Getting drifting down in GT5 with a wheel, the Metal Gear Solid 4 ending fight, and pretty much all of Heavy Rain (the most epic game I have ever played 👍)

A few here that I can't really rank

-Discovering Minecraft

-Using Pack a Punch for the first time on a PPsh

-End of World at War campaign, where Reznov stabs the last guy three times and then you placing the flag.

-Getting the firetruck in Burnout 3, PS2

-Playing Wii Sports for the first time! :)

Getting a PS2

-Owning the Pokemon League for the first time!

-Being amazed at what you could do with LittleBigPlanet

-Playing Guitar Hero

-Getting a PS3 and playing Burnout Paradise the whole day.

GT2
GT3 and all samplers
GT4 and all samplers
GT Prolog
GT5 beta or how ever you will call it.... :rolleyes:

iRacing.
f2t3p111n121.gif

10. Discovering Gran Turismo.
9. Crash Team Racing helped me discover the arcade side of racing (along with NFS)
8. Burnout 3: Takedown's awesome crashes :D
7. Figuring out how to finally defeat that tank in Metal Gear Solid 1 TWO YEARS after Metal Gear Solid 2's release. :lol:
6. Jehuty.
5. Naked Jehuty vs Aumaan Anubis.
4. Defeating the Visari in Killzone 2
3. Killing a God. (God of War)
2. Killing Ryder and Big Smoke...bastards... :grumpy:
1. Killing Ocelot only to find out he was on your side. MIND=BLOWN.

- Getting Lion King on Sega Megadrive, was stupidly good.
- Completing Syphon Filter 2 on PS1
- Tagging all the spots in GTA San Andreas apart from 1, which I never did find
- Playing a demo of a PS1 game for hours, you controlled a beachball, basically. I can never remember the name of it.

Back