Your top 5 Forza 8 improvement request

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 72 comments
I'll have to break the rule somewhat, as I'll make my top 5 improvement wishlists on at least five aspects such as:

Cars
Tracks
Physics
Single player

(WARNING: very long post)

1. Car count and quality - Turn Ten have been doing a great job with restoring older vehicles into modern-day graphic quality, as seen with the later titles, and the new ones are surely one to look forward to (even the leaked stuff). Horizon 4 seems to be bringing back a lot of cars from the Xbox 360 days, restoring them to modern-day graphics, which gives hopes that something above 1,000+ cars is very likely indeed. I have a feeling Turn Ten are also hard at work restoring many missing cars just as much as they are adding new ones. Added bonus: the re-introduction of Toyota and Lexus starting from Horizon 4, with maybe even the return of Scion as well, and hopefully in Motorsport 8, the Forza debut of Daihatsu. I also kind of want to see some Porsche vs. RUF battles as well.

Motorsport 8 is also likely going to be an Xbox One game, and like all other modern Forza titles since Horizon 3, also on PC, but enhanced for the Series X (as the new console won't have exclusives for a year or two from now), so there wouldn't be a need to drastically reduce the car and track count, just keep adding more and polishing the quality to the highest possible standards, so that the same mistakes as Motorsport 5 won't repeat itself and make it look like a rushed game that is lacking in content.

Hopefully Motorsport 8 will also continue the tradition of adding plenty of new road and race cars from the past and present, especially new types of motorsports (such as an abundance of rally cars). Stuff like Super GT, JGTC and DTM badly need to return as well with more abundance. May I mention, I would also like to see Japanese kei cars in Motorsport 8 as well.

With the new physics, we can finally see use of these cars that require a complex physics system (e.g. Morgan 3-Wheeler, Reliant Robin, Peel P50/Trident, etc.)

2. Adjustment of divisions - The divisions system in Motorsport 7 was kind of very bothersome for me, as some cars just don't fit some categories, and that this really needs some overhauling, especially where either new divisions have to be created, and that a lot of cars should be re-adjusted to a different division. Why would you have GT4 or Super GT GT500-class cars (roughly the equivalent of Gr. 4 and Gr. 2) into the Forza GT division (Forza's take on Gr. 3), where they feel very mis-matched?

3. Tire branding - This isn't particularly present in many race cars for some odd reason (except the NASCARs, some "GT Racing Reborn" cars and the BMW M8 GTE - barely even, to name a few examples that have them), which makes the race cars feel like there's one thing that's missing that gives them their appeal. The actual tire branding that came with these cars should be present somehow in Motorsport 8. Another is that in Horizon 4, the Bugatti Divo even lacks the blue walls on its tires.

4. Sounds - Starting with Motorsport 7, and more prominently, in Horizon 4, it's said that the Forza sound design has gone downhill, not surprising when Gran Turismo, once known for horrid engine sounds from their inception until GT6, now has some great-sounding cars in GT Sport, thanks to the overhaul of the sound design, and that a former Forza sound engineer was hired to work for Polyphony.

That being said, there are a lot of horrible-sounding cars in Forza nowadays (e.g. the Porsche 718 Cayman GTS, many Hondas, especially the Civics, and possibly more that are too many to list here). Now that the tables have turned, Turn Ten can take a lot of notes from Polyphony when it comes to their sounds, like idle sounds, exhaust notes, transmission whines, pops and crackles in between, and one thing missing from Forza's past: the realistic-sounding tire sounds from Motorsport 4.

5. More depth of customization - I've noticed that in the Motorsport games, the depth of performance customization is not as much as the Horizon games (e.g. making a 1500+hp Lamborghini Aventador in Horizon, but not in Motorsport). Another is that back then, a Nissan R34 Skyline in Motorsport 4 can go up to 1,002hp when fully tuned, but that isn't possible in the later games.

Because these cars have the potential to be very powerful when tuned to such an extent, it should somehow reflect these possibilities like in either the older Motorsport games or the Horizon titles. This function might have been reduced likely because of most cars being able to use engine swaps from outside their respective manufacturers.

Another is that if you'll install a race weight reduction upgrade, your car should have a fully-specced race car interior to reflect these changes.

1. Track count - Without having to fall into the same demise as Motorsport 5, Motorsport 8 can feature every existing track from Motorsport 7 and just keep adding new ones while polishing the quality and optimizing it for use. somewhere around the lines of more than 40+ or 50+ tracks for Motorsport 8 (given the possible rise in new real-world and fictional tracks) would be possible, and maybe even accommodating the rumors of offroad/rally racing that is yet to come.

2. Fully dynamic 24-hour time of day on all tracks - Motorsport 7 sort of had dynamic time of day, it's just that we didn't have complete control over changing it, and that its progression was fixed. In a way, we should be able to have full control over a complete 24-hour time of day in all tracks, such as choosing what time the race will be, the time progression (how fast it would be, or if it will be in real time).

Another is that to keep up with the time of day, the clocks of the cars have to adjust to the in-game time, not the Xbox's clock.

3. Dynamic weather on all tracks - Motorsport 7 executed a feature where we had dynamic weather on a number of tracks, but not all of them (a staggering 20 tracks lack dynamic weather). The dynamic weather system in Motorsport 7 is already as good as it is, it just needs to be on every track featured in Motorsport 8.

4. 3D-modeled vegetation and crowds - I noticed while playing the Xbox One-era Forza games, the trees seem to be 2D-modeled, and also the crowds, which might hamper the quality of the visuals. It is very distracting as I see these imperfections as I race, and even in the Xbox 360-era games, the vegetation and crowds seem to be 3D-modeled.

5. Modeled constellations at nighttime - This is something that GT6's tracks had, all the way back in the PS3 era. If Motorsport 8's tracks can have modeled constellations during clear night races, this can greatly improve the immersive experience whilst racing at night.

1. Higher top speeds above 270mph possible - Every Forza starting with Motorsport 4 can see the cars locked to a speed of 268-270mph when fully upgraded, or if the fastest cars available can reach that kind of speed when stock. However with the arrival of the Koenigsegg Agera RS in Forza Horizon 4, expect the speed physics to accommodate even higher speeds, as this aspect really needs some work to be done.

2. Simulation of "overtaking" features (e.g. push-to-pass, KERS, nitrous, DRS) - This is lacking quite heavily with Forza's physics, as a number of cars feature unique "overtake" mechanics (e.g. push-to-pass on Formula E and IndyCars, KERS on the latest F1 cars, nitrous on some Fast and Furious vehicles and even DRS).

Through an assigned button, this can be used to the driver's advantage, hence its purpose.

3. Tire compound system - In Forza, the tires have no definite compound which makes it all seem very fixed, be it standard, street, sport, race or drag tires.

They should make it like Gran Turismo where you have soft, medium and hard compounds for each tire, which will allow for a more unpredictable race with required strategy. Another is that on races with rain, it seems as though we are not using rain-spec tires at all. Rain-spec racing tires should also be included as another compound for use in wet-weather racing.

Furthermore, given the likelihood of offroad and rally racing featuring in Motorsport 8, dirt and snow tires should also be included.

4. Ability to adjust between rich and lean fuel - Motorsport 8 should have its own take on fuel management during races with tire wear and fuel consumption on, where there would be an indicator just like in GT Sport with how much fuel you have left and how long it will last.

Using the d-pad left and right should allow you to fix the bias between rich and/or lean fuel, where the "richer" the flow of fuel, the more power will be used at the cost of fuel economy, and lean settings being the other way around. Which brings us to...

5. Massive adjustment to tire wear and fuel consumption - I've noticed that the tire wear and fuel consumption in Forza is always at a certain value, and that for example, types of cars like hypercars and prototypes are notorious for terrible fuel consumption. There should be an adjustment that will allow more flexibility depending on the race (much like in GT Sport) and that the re-adjustment should allow to remedy this problem.

1. "Motorsport Blueprint" - The Motorsport equivalent of "Horizon Blueprint" which allows you to create custom championships. Make it similar to Assetto Corsa's championship mode which even allows you to select the opponents' cars (and even rename your opponents' names as well), complete with the ability to adjust the points system, and everything as you would in a custom race in Free Play.

2. Forza race regulations in Free Play and career - The number one solution to remedy the frustrating problem of wild and reckless Drivatars, by utilizing a development of the penalty system in the online modes. But in the mean time, throughout Motorsport 8's development, I'm pretty sure they're working hard on fixing up the Forza race regulations system all throughout.

I just hope that the penalty system is not as chaotic and flawed as that of GT Sport, which is often notorious for giving penalties for all the wrong reasons (even as far as being a victim of a small ram would penalize you!)

3. Qualifying and practice modes in Free Play and career - To add to how a real race weekend experience works, practice and qualifying should be added as an optional feature for use in Free Play and Career modes (where in the career, this will be an incentive to boost your rewards as you aim for pole position. In Free Play this can be used purely for fun).

4. Ability to select factory colors, tune the basic set-ups and change the tire compound on rental cars in Free Play - This feature was lacking in the Xbox One-era Forza games, where back then from the start of the series, from the original Xbox, as you use a car in Free Play, you can select the color of the car from a wide variety of its official factory colors.

Another is that you can tune the set-up of the car with parameters that are available, depending on the car. In the later games, they mistake this as being part of upgrading.

Given the new tire model, there should be a mechanic similar to the Gran Turismo games that allow you to choose which tire type and compound you want before the race (e.g. standard, street, sport, race, drag, dirt, snow, rain), with a combination of hard, medium or soft.

5. "Hire driver" mode returning - Forza's equivalent of B-Spec from the older Gran Turismo games, but can only be used in the career where using this feature will allow an AI opponent to take over, but is entitled to a percentage of your prize money. This should also be included in Free Play as well just for the sake of it.

1. Leaderboards - I have noticed that in the Xbox 360-era Forza titles, you will usually see leaderboards for a specific track, likely regarding the best times. In the sense of Motorsport 8, it shouldn't be limited to that, but also including best drift scores as well.

2. Custom public lobbies - A lot of people have been mentioning something like this, where there should be a lobby host in charge of all the rules and regulations, as well as managing players inside the lobby. Heck, even a non-racing title, like for example, Fortnite, has something like this.

3. Driver and sportsmanship ratings, just like in Gran Turismo - Online racing in Forza is often stereotyped as being extremely violent and chaotic with drivers trying to bully their way into each other just for the sake of trying to win. This is why Forza needs to introduce their own take on GT Sport's DR/SR rating systems, where proper, sportsman-like drivers are rewarded, and chaotic drivers are punished, which bring us to...

4. Option for skill-based matchmaking - The perfect solution to improve Forza's online racing image, which separates the purists from the morons, and will probably clean up a lot of lobbies.

5. Split-screen option for online - A unique feature that I think, a lot of fans would want, is for two-player split-screen to be integrated into online multiplayer, so that two players can play on one system, against many others from around the world. However this will come with a caveat where you will need two Xbox Live accounts with Xbox Live Gold.

Last edited:
You asked for five, here you go for my five top sections.
Will Turn10 read this topic? Hope so, because Forza 7 needs some serious revamp.

1) General:

Forza Motorsport really need to go back to its roots and the meaning of its name, pointing towards simulation in a more determined way. Forza 7 was the most casual title in the series, almost arcade with some simulation elements. And this is evident in many aspects of the game (lack of tire compound selection, lack of tire wear with consequent lack of strategy for endurance races, poor tire and suspensions model).

Also, please introduce the selection for enabling all cars electronic based assists as ‘’Factory’’, in order to match the real counterparts (ABS, TCS, etc etc).

I would expect Forza 8 to take a decisive step towards simulation. At least introduce the possibility for the simulation enthusiasts to enjoy this aspect of the game.

2) Cars classification and selection:

Leave to Forza Horizon to be the casual, free roaming and relaxing game with thousands of cars to try.

Forza Motorsport should instead be focused on the ‘’Motorsport’’ side of the racing. Everyone can google Motorsport and what will appear as result? ‘’The group of competitive racing’’.

Less cars, more focused on the racing, introducing the viber and passion of a racing weekend, with practice sessions, qualifying, races.

3) Game modes:

Free Play is already a quite powerful tool, but could be (and needs to be) further improved with:
- Custom offline and online championships
- Time trials better organized with possibility of downloading other players’ ghosts and race/improve against them.
- Also, why replay is not available if not at the end of the session?

4) Game Interface (Menus and HUD in game):

Sober and refined menus, not the monstrosity designed for Forza 7 by some intern after having watched ''La La La Land'' movie. Forza 7 clearly shows the desire to be extremely casual as soon as we enter the first time in the Main menu.
Leave this desire to Forza Horizon, and differentiate Forza Motorsport as the title for the racing enthusiasts.

Introduce the possibility to adjust the cockpit view FOV. A simple selection as already present in GTS will be already good, giving the opportunity to adjust the V and H axis.

Introduce the possibility to have a total customizable HUD.

5) Graphics:

I own a Xbox One X, and I have to say that Forza 7 is generally stunning on the X, but still is inferior to GTS in the lighting implementation.

Colors are somehow off in Forza, or too dull or too vivid (depending on the situations), where GTS simply nails down always the lighting ambience and levels, making everything more visually realistic.

Also, some details need big improvement as it evident Turn 10 is using the same assets from previous games. For example, the transitions between tarmac, sands or grass are most of the times too neat, where in reality the transition should be more smooth and gradual.
These details are normally rendered better in GTS.

Use Assetto Corsa tire models and force feedback and Forza 8 will be perfect and the ability to change the FOV in cockpit cam..

Part 2 of my top 5 improvement request (on another five aspects):

DLC and Post-launch support
Livery editor
Visual customization
Social features
Miscellaneous

1. Get rid of the ideas of splitting the player base through the Car Pass, Expansion Pass and VIP stuff - All these incentives are enticing Forza players to pay more for post-launch support, and nearly $99.99 plus tax (or the rough equivalent of whatever currency is supported) when pre-ordering the highest-grade edition of any Forza title on average. In my opinion, this is a broken and flawed way to attract revenue for the game, as it unevenly splits the user base.

It's not like people can't afford the DLC and expansions, but I feel that this is also a bad way to milk money out of such (virtual) products in a similar scheme to what we've been expecting in the past Forza titles. And plus, the VIP incentives have been really dumbed down since Motorsport 7, only giving players Forza edition cars, and also, "Mods" that were of temporary use, which might have been criticized alongside the loot crates that were eventually taken down later on.

Expansions only add one track which is, well, at least something, but it's lacking, so to speak. It doesn't even help us come back for more, only except for the fact that they add far more cars than a single car pack could ever provide.

Another reason why I am against the idea of the Car and Expansion Passes, as well as the VIP DLC is because eventually after four years of any Forza title's release, they will eventually be de-listed, alongside the ability to purchase the game digitally.

2. Monthly updates, bringing new cars and occasionally, new tracks - While breaking away from the idea of the Car and Expansion Passes, alongside the VIP DLC, and enticing players to come back for more without the hassle, DLC in Motorsport 8 should go through the Gran Turismo route of things, where new cars will come in monthly updates, alongside the occasional new tracks and features in between.

This gives a benefit of it being free without any additional charge of what you need just to get these things back in the previous titles and it makes the user base very even (assuming they don't implement #Forzathon or "unicorn cars").

3. More volume and more variety - A traditional DLC car pack in Forza would consist of around seven cars (this later increased to eight in Horizon 4). Why not give this a larger, but more varied volume (just like Gran Turismo's updates), like say, 10 new cars in a month, 12 next month, 16 the month after, and so on and so forth.

Towards the later years, this could eventually fluctuate at a lower value once the game ages, just like how it is now with GT Sport given two factors: the impending development and release of GT7 and perhaps, possibly, even the COVID-19 pandemic.

Every update in GT Sport felt like an entire Forza expansion in terms of their sheer volume, and speaking of which, it would be wise for Turn Ten to release tracks occasionally throughout the game's life cycle (maybe more than two, and a mix of old and new).

4. More career events to reflect on the new cars and tracks added - Although GT Sport didn't have a traditional Gran Turismo career mode, it did manage to add more events, be it new playlists or rounds to existing ones to its career following the new cars and tracks that were added. Forza should probably do the same once these updates have been installed. This'll eventually make players come back for more in the career.

5. Ensure the game has no microtransactions at all - No loot crates, no Tokens, no having to pay for individual cars with real money (which is what GT Sport eventually had, even if you could get them through game progression). Forza has an added bonus though: all the cars in the game are readily available as rental cars in Free Play (even all the DLC cars). But in this case this is about purchasing these cars for use in the career modes or simply as a car in your Garage that can be upgraded and customized.

1. Much wider variety of sponsor decals by default - Add every sponsor decal that has been from the first game until Horizon 4. I'm sure there are hundreds of them all around.

2. Windshield decals, rear wings and diffusers can be painted on - GT Sport has this feature in their livery editor, but not Forza, for some strange reason.

3. Ability to opt for an "unlocked" or locked livery - If your livery is an "unlocked" livery this could mean anybody can edit and share it, but make it where you get 50% of earnings from people liking and/or downloading the livery as a sign of other users giving you credit. Locked liveries mean that they cannot be edited and shared.

4. Ability to select tire branding and headlight colors - Another feature that Gran Turismo has on their livery editor, but not Forza. We should be able to choose if our car should look like it's wearing Michelins, Pirellis, Bridgestones, Firestones, etc. and choose if we want clear or yellow racing headlight colors.

5. Ability to save drafts of liveries before using and/or sharing - As artists, people always seek perfection in every work they do, and if they feel they are not ready to publish them, they can always save a draft of their work rather than have to go all the way back to the drawing board. Again, this is one feature that Gran Turismo has on their livery editor, and is what Forza lacks.

1. More visual aero parts - A lot of cars nowadays feature more types of aero parts which have been realized following the evolution of modern car culture, and with most of the cars, some barely even get new visual aero parts.

2. The return of Xbox 360-era Forza aero as individual aero pieces - The Xbox 360-era Forza aero looks more edgy and race-like compared to the current-gen aero, but this should be made as individual pieces as "Forza Aero A (Xbox 360-era aero)" and "Forza Aero B (Xbox One-era aero)".

3. Wheel designs from across the Xbox 360-era returning, plus new ones - There were a lot of wheel styles from the Xbox 360-era (most notably Motorsports 2 and 3) that really defined car customization over the years. It was a real bad shame to lose most of them, but these can likely be down to licensing matters. But either way, I wanna see them return, as well as new ones that have been popular in recent times.

4. More wide body kits possible on specific cars - As many cars tend to have many popular body kits (we're looking at GT-R's, Lamborghinis and other such popular cars associated with customization), I'm sure there could be more wide body kit options for these cars, hopefully even more than one.

5. Other unique dress-up parts - Such as mirrors, diffusers, fenders, roof air vents, and body attachments. But this'll have to be car-specific, because not every car has such an option like this.

1. Ability to create clubs like in the Horizon titles - In the Horizon titles, you can create or join and be associated with a club, with their associated leaderboards and all that. Motorsport 8 should have something similar to that as well.

2. Ability to gift cars to other players - Arguably one feature missing from the older Forza titles is to gift cars to other players.

Last edited:
Its quite simple for me. I dont think the car list needs improving, we will surely see new cars of course as we expect, we will probably see many of Horizons new cars transition over, physics improvements have already been spoken about by Turn 10 so we know they're coming, graphics will naturally improve. So my desires won't focus on these areas.

1. Single player
The core of the Forza experience. FM7 was OK, nothing amazing and way too short for this type of game. With the absolute huge variety of cars available even in FM7, its almost unforgivable. The car homologation also ruined a lot of it for me. And ditching the homologation can expand the single player as well.

Example, the touring cars, there's 4 BTCC cars, 4 WTCC cars, a couple STCC cars. FM7 groups them together and forces homologation to equalise them to a point, when it didn't need to and ultimately then kills the addition of these cars. It should have been, BTCC based series, WTCC based series, STCC based series. From 1 dull series that negates the purpose of the unique cars, you get 3 seriss that can be tailored firther to each series experience.

Ditching homologation would also encourage the experimentation with cars more, especially with an increase in series. Look at FM3/4 and how comprehensive then event list was, it kept huge amount of life in the game.

The risk would be they would replace homologation with PI requirements etc but the solution already exists. Both in FM7 and FH4. FM7 has the option in custom racing to force stock only, a simple.option like that for the single player campaign would be amazing, leaving the option open for HP limits for tuning. Or my personal favorite solution, FH4 with its scalable AI that mimics you. If I want to race stock the AI cars match me, if i want to run a highly modified car in that very same race, again, the AI cars will match me.

2. Tracks
An expanded single player would be worthless without a big increase in tracks. pCars 2 should be the benchmark in terms of variety. Forza doesn't have to match its lost directly or mimic its hige real world track inclusion, but certainly for quantity and variety. Some classic original circuits would be great and I'm a jhge fan of the Kaido and Positano tracks from the older games which were long and complex and thoroughly enjoyable to race on. As was the Ladera test track and all its variations as well.

3. Rivals
When the single player campaign needs respite, rivals was there to help. It really lost its way with FM6/7. It stagnated fast into just being a handful of events changing occasionally. It can take inspiration from Dirt Rally 2.0 here. With class/category based leader boards baked into time trial, and then a core daily, weekly and monthly set of challenges to keep everything fresh. They could of course keep the core ones like FM7 but there needs to be fresh new ones regularly that utilise all the teack layout and car combos possible.

4. Custom championships
This one is huge and keeps getting missed by developers despite almost the entire fambase asking for it in multiple franchises. Again, with the car and track possibilities, the single player campaign isn't going to have the exact series you want to run, the way you want to run it. So let us make them, take all the options of custom races in FM7 and apply it to a championship mode where we can choose our own points system, elect to have qualifying, fixed setups, stock cars. And especially limited the cars, not just by category but by individual cars. (And maybe choose liveries for each kine allowing people to really hone a series). Then make them playable in multiplayer as well as sjngle player. Not one or the other.

5. Gran Turismo influence
I don't think this would ever happen, but inspiration like used car dealers (again, with the breadth on offer in Forza would be amazing) these could be the motorsport version or barn finds, as rare cars can cycle in occasionally. Car washes, maintenance, should all figure in this type of game. But I think with this supposed direction change for FM8 I think this would be highly unlikely.

Bear in mind that if the next Forza Motorsport is releasing this year, its core features will have been decided at least a year ago, so any requests for big things they haven't considered won't happen until Forza Motorsport "9".

AAA game development has extremely long lead times, and the final year of development is mainly a "get things done" and "polish the game to a shine" year.

In other words, this thread's title should be about wishlists and not requests. ;)

My #1 want is user created public lobbies. We had these in Forza 2 and Forza 4 but for some reason the folks at Turn10 think those lame hoppers are what we need. It was the online racing in Forza 2 that made me a Forza fan in the first place. The online experience has never been as good in any release since.

I have already posted my top 5 improvements, but a few smaller things I was thinking about that I's like to see.

More Tire compounds:

On top of bringing in the "Vintage Racing Tires" from FH4 for all cars 1979 and older, how about also a "Classic Racing Tire" for cars from 1980-1999. As well as White Wall variants of Street Compounds and all Race Compound variants. Would also be nice to have a bit more granularity in Tire compounds if FM8 sticks with the current system rather then adopting something similar to Gran Turismo. Maybe Add "Pro-Street", "Pro-Sport", Semi-Slick Race" Full Slick Race" variants.
So it would be: Street - ProStreet - Sport - ProSport - Semi Slick Race - Full Slick Race - Vintage Racing - Classic Racing - Drag Racing.
I'd love to see the tire upgrade menu also reformatted into a grid layout, Scroll left - right for Tire Compound, Scroll up or down to select White wall or branded variants of the tire compound.

If Rally and Off-Road Racing is added to Forza I'd also Like to see 4 types of multi-surface tires available for ALL cars.
All-Terrain: Essentially the stock tire compound for many trucks and SUVs. Not great, but better on Dirt then the sporty tire compounds.
Rally: The basic rally Tire we have in Forza Horizon. Great for Dirt Surfaces
Rally-Cross: Bit better on Tarmac then Rally, but not as good on dirt as full Rally spec tires. Good for Rally cross tracks with more paved surfaces.
Off-Road Racing: The big chunky tire thread that the Trucks and SUVs get in FH4. Great for going off the roads where even Rally tires might struggle.

Wheels:
If we can't have White Wall Tires how about White Wall Wheels. Wheels designed with a White Wall on the Rim to get the performance of a low profile tire with the look of a high profile White Wall. Would go great with the Advanced Painting options that are in FH4, so you can paint the "White Wall" to be any color you want.

More GT inspired Body mods:
The Bentley Continental in Forza has a bodykit that is basically a non-widebody version of the Continental GT3 racecar. I'd love to see more kits like that for the Road cars in the game. Maybe even reuse the rear wing models from the all the racecars as a body mod option for their road going counterpart. Could also reuse models of road car wings as body mods for other cars from that manufacture, I'd love to put the massive Viper ACR wing on the older 1999 Viper, or on the Hellcat.

Better Assist granularity:
I recently tried GRID (2019) and noticed it has a sliding scale to adjust the amount of Traction Control, Stability Management, and ABS, much like Gran Turismo and many other sim racers do. I'd like to see this come to Forza, and if the Difficulty bonus for turning off assist comes back in FM8 then have the bonus change based on how strong you have the assist set. TCS off, 10% CR and EXP bonus. TCS set to 5/10, you only get 5% bonus. TSC at 10/10, No bonus.

Team Management:
GRID also has Teammates that are in the race, with about 70 different drivers you can hire for your team with a bonus based on how well your team mate finishes. Would be cool to have a system in Forza where you can hire your friends Drivatars to join your Race Team, and you both can get a bonus based on how well the Drivatar finishes in the races. Forza Motorsport has had Drivatar bonuses in the past, and FH3 had a system to hire Drivatars and your Drivatar bonus was based on how many people Hired your Drivatar, So why not bring those systems together to have a fairly basic Team Management system. Doesn't need to be a super involved system like in the F1 games.

FreePlay Championships:
Simple enough, Let us build Full Championships in Free play mode. Complete with selecting each track to be run in the championship.

AI in Multiplayer:
Back in FM4 whenever the new car packs would release me and a friend would try out the new cars in a race with AI. I'd Love to bring back the option to have AI fill out the open slots in a Multiplayer Race, even if it is only for Custom race. Would be great to get a Co-Op mode where you and some friends could be on a race team and the AI would separate into their own teams so each team had the same number of cars.

More FRR:

Bring the Forza Race Regulation system from the FM7 Beta hoppers to ALL online races as well as the option to enable it for single player races.

Draft...…...One major gripe for me is the stupid draft penalties. Draft is not penalized in real racing why is it the Forza series at all

Draft...…...One major gripe for me is the stupid draft penalties. Draft is not penalized in real racing why is it the Forza series at all
I would think because of the leader boards. If they allow draft times on the board as clean then you will have people out there pushing a f class car with a x class car and getting ridiculous times posted. Leaderboard times are meant to be straight up hot laps with no draft or push assist.

I would think because of the leader boards. If they allow draft times on the board as clean then you will have people out there pushing a f class car with a x class car and getting ridiculous times posted. Leaderboard times are meant to be straight up hot laps with no draft or push assist.

I really hope FM8 brings back the luxurious music FM3 - FM6 had. It made the menus feel so rich, gave the game a lot of charm. The menu music in FM7 was god awful imo. I genuinely enjoyed creating *liveries with the luxurious music in the background, and messing around with the cars. It added to the experience for me.

Last edited:
Back