Your top 5 Forza 8 improvement request

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 72 comments
I don't have 5 & most of ya'll have covered what I'd like to see; pit stops, showroom garage, tracks, etc. One thing I would like to see in addition to this is a more choice in the weather conditions. Day/Night/Rain was a good start, but I think many tracks have further varying conditions in these categories. Sebring for example in Day, is mostly dusk. However, it also has an overcast & a bright mid-day but getting the game to purposely load the mid-day setting can be tedious since it's luck-of-the-draw.

And maybe correct the issue with the headlights always being on. Running certain cars on a bright Nurburgring day with the headlights/tail lamps on (which also forces the dash to reflect this as well sometimes) is a bizarre choice/bug.

Wouldn't mind seeing some older variations of cars come back, like a Murcie. 6.2/LP in addition to the SV.

More intelligent and varied AI with better player awareness but still capable of making mistakes under pressure or making up some places, regardless of starting grid position or championship standing.

A variety of pre-made liveries for cars, similar to other games like Project Cars. For one make races and a way of avoiding gimmicky fan made ones in single player races.

No gimmicky racing suits or cars.

A Deeper and more structured career (Although the player could still choose to jump to any event.) with much improved presentation.
1. Races designed for those who like to upgrade cars. This could include sponsors and liveries.
2. Races based on modern real life events.
3. Some Rally / Dirt events
4. Vintage races based on real historic events.

Improved free play. Make it more user friendly and include the option to see pre-made or fan made liveries for the AI.

1. Having different compound of tires such as soft, medium and hard.
  2. Separate GTE, GT3 and GT4 cars from Forza GT into their own classes.
  3. Having pitstop animations.
  4. Have all cars from the latest season of Le Mans, V8 Supercars, and many other motorsport series.
  5. Penalty system for online racing (Prevents rammers from ramming into you).

Last edited:
1. Option to choose opponents in offline free race, like even if it means you don't earn credits or experience, I would like to do a race with all American Muscle, or a history of "Insert Manufacturer here"

2. A reworked suspension system, apparently this is the reason we can't get the Peels, Reliant, and Morgan 3 Wheeler in Motorsport, whatever allows those to come over would be great.

3. Progression style career mode, Gran Turismo used to do this really well, Forza did too in the early days. Start off with a slow car and like 1,000 dollars to tune it and go from there. I wouldn't care about the Nissan Pulsar that Horizon is getting if it wasn't my GT2 starter. I want to feel that connection again.

4. Racing cars stock, Motorsport 4 had this option. Instead of forcing homologation or class based upgrades, just let the factory stock cars go out. Even if you want less credits like in FM4.

5. This one is very minor but more cars on track would be cool. Nascar just feels weird with 24 cars on track.

Edit: 6. The PI system, we shouldn't have 10 or so cars with varying levels of performance all at D100, Horizon 4 is the worst about this, the 46 Ford and Peel P50 are in two completely different classes as far performance is concerned. I'd start the Peel at D101 and then work up from there. Motorsport 7 was actually pretty good about this too, only 4 cars ended up that low, but with Horizon 4's car list quite a few more would have ended up there.

Last edited:
I never really played Forza 7 very much, but from what I did, Forza GT really needs a complete overhaul. I think it's something which could provide good competition to GT Sport's group-class structure, they just need to work on it a little more. Separate GT3, GTE, GT1, GT500 and GT4 classes would go a long way towards that.

Honestly, you could probably just keep GT3, GTE and GTD cars in their own group, but seriously the GT500 cars and GT4 cars need to stay away and get fleshed-out classes.

Please get rid of Dubai and VIR. Dubai especially as it has no rhythm or flow. I don’t care about how cool it might be to have sand blowing on track it doesn’t outweigh how unenjoyable this track is to race on.

Please get rid of Dubai and VIR. Dubai especially as it has no rhythm or flow. I don’t care about how cool it might be to have sand blowing on track it doesn’t outweigh how unenjoyable this track is to race on.

Dubai I agree with you, I drove it the first time I got the game and haven't touched it since. But VIR is one of my favorite tracks. I only run the full circuit but to me it's very challenging.

VIR is one of my favorite tracks.. I can't believe you want that gone.. Dubai is one of my least favorite tracks. I just don't like non tracks dressed up like a track. I want to take a sports car on a road without getting tickets.

1. A more fun career mode that feels rewarding and addicting to play. I want variety of races based on the cars present in the games, something like Forza Motorsport 2's career mode. Though I still want to keep the mini games and challenges introduced in Forza Motorsport 4-7 such as the cone gate challenges or traffic overtakes.

I also think there should be cars to unlock in the main career mode, but the same cars can still be playable in arcade mode like in Forza Motorsport 3-7. Just so everyone can try the same cars as they wish.

2. Better class organization and improved homologation. I don't want the homologation system to be mandatory for career mode, but rather be its own thing. Maybe have some homologation based events instead, but still have regular races that don't require it. I also don't want the homologation to be forced on me if i want to race a certain division. I found that really annoying in FM7 as it prevented me from driving my car stock.

For class organization, I mean don't lump GT1, GTE, GT3, and 4 into one class. Have them as separate divisions next time around and also have more class variety.

The second change I want to be done to online applies to both FM and FH honestly:

Another thing to improve is the online mode in general plus how DLC is distributed. There could still be special challenges to unlock things like special edition items and cars. For normal dlc cars unlocks, I either want those unicorn cars to be gone altogether or to not have it so I have to jump through multiple hoops each week to get a DLC car. I would rather just be able to buy the DLC car in the showroom. All that FM7 and FH4 did was give me a temporary sense of urgency to play it so I have to get the cars.

While I like the idea of having to progress through challenges to unlock things, I don't like how it's done in the recent titles. The main problem with them (and something I REALLY HATED in FM2-4 with the unicorns) is that these things are temporary. You only have a window to get them done or else the cars are gone. I can't emphasize more on how much I HATE that kind of mechanic.

If Turn 10 wants me to work to unlock the DLC cars, then here's my next idea. Add special challenges to the career mode to unlock the cars and make them permanent. That way, they're always there for whenever I want to complete them and unlock the car. It's either that or have them locked in the showroom for me to unlock with the

3. Improved customization (bumpers, livery editor, etc). I would love to see things like factory part options for cars and more wings than just the generic Forza one. I.E. For the 1993 Mustang Cobra R, Turn 10 could give it an option to have the LX and GT bumpers and wheels. I would love to be able to put the normal 1993 Cobra wheels on the R. It would be awesome if I could put the Nismo Skyline Z-Tune parts on the normal R34 GT-R in Forza already. and of course so on for cars.

The livery editor could really benefit from an overhaul. I'm annoyed that I can't put decals on certain body panels of cars like the Mclaren P1 GTR for instance. In addition, I would love to be able to add more decals to Forza via decal upload like I can in Gran Turismo Sport versus having to make new ones from scratch on the vinyl group editor. It could be done through Turn 10's own Forza site like how PD has it for GT Sport's community page or maybe done by uploading decals using a USB flash drive for the new Xbox. Lastly, I would love to be able to put decals on windows, so I can add racing banners to make more authentic racing liveries.

4. Improved Online Racing: My biggest interest is a lobby system similar to GT6. Where people can just create their own lobbies where they pick and choose who can enter. People can abuse this power, sure, but if you get kicked out once; you can enter another lobby.

Another element I want borrowed from Gran Turismo was GT5's shuffle mode where people have to race similar classed cars, but they get stuck with random ones each time on random tracks. Whatever car they get, they're stuck with it. In addition, some shuffle racing where there's 1 random car everyone has to drive.

I also want FM7's penalty system still used, but improved upon so that the right drivers get penalized for misbehaving.

5. Better User Interface design: I want something that just looks interesting while also being fast and fluid. That's really it, I don't want it to take forever to move between screens (especially in the showroom).

Last edited:

Dubai is terrible I dislike it. Vir is good in club cars, not top level. Definitely need more tracks like Mid-Ohio, St. Petersburg, Alabama Motorsports Park, Toronto, mosport, Pocono, etc...

Here are some ideas I submitted to T10 last year after Dan Greenawalt invited ideas and discussion on their Forza Monthly show

1. Expanded events
I'd like to see an expanded event list return in FM8. Categories could include:
- simple 'open' racing split by PI class, i.e. E, D, C, etc
- divisions based on the type of car, e.g. modern hot hatch, modern SUVs, retro sports saloons, GT3, Formula E, Supercars Championship, etc
- "Racing Through the Decades", e.g. pre-war, 19540s, 1950s, 1960s, etc
- "National Pride", championships for manufacturers from specific countries, UK only, US only, Germany only (I'd even be tempted to split Ford into regional divisions so that we can have Ford Falcon vs Holden Commodore in Australian-only, Ford Capris in the UK championship, and Mustangs in the US division)
- "Owners' Clubs", championships for specific manufacturers and model families, e.g. Ferrari Owners' Club, Porsche 911 Owners' Club
- Rivalries, championships based on rivalries between particular brands or models, such as Mustang vs Camaro, P1 vs LaFerrari vs 918, etc

2. Car reclassification
I'd also like to see some cars undergo some re-classification. One of the most obvious examples for me is that in recent titles, the Mazda MX-5 has been in the same car division as the RX-7. In my mind, these are completely different types of car. The MX-5 is a two-seater roadster that should be up against things like the Honda S2000, BMW Z3, even certain versions of the Lotus Elise. The RX-7 is a two-door sports car/coupé, which should be competing against things like the early NSX, 300ZX, Toyota Supra. Similarly, the Alfa 8C Competizione was a GT car, not a supercar and so should not be going up against Enzos and Maserati MC12s.

3. Continued development of tuning and visual upgrades, with a larger limit for saved designs and set up
For tuning and visual upgrades, I'd like to see more period-appropriate race modification items, such as tape over the headlights on things like the original Mini, more easily paintable windscreen banners, and race numbers that can be placed on windows. I'd also like to be able to add vinyl shapes with different paint effects - masks have helped in Horizon 4, but sometimes it's just easier to add chrome lettering directly. I also really like the advanced paint option introducted in FH4 that allows you to take an existing paint scheme involving stripes or different coloured trim and being able to apply your own custom colour combination whilst retaining the manufacturer's original layout.

4. Continue to add to the car and track list
I'd like to see a wider selection of real-world tracks, in particular from the UK (e.g. Oulton Park, Donington, Croft, Goodwood), Europe (e.g. Imola, Red Bull Ring, Zolder, Zandvoort, Paul Ricard...) and Australia (e.g. Adelaide, Philip Island, Surfers Paradise) and elsewhere (e.g. Macau, Interlagos).

In terms of cars, continue the return of Toyota and Lexus. I'd also like more representatives of UK and European manufacturers. Some of the additions in FH4 have been a good start (e.g. Rover SD1) - I'd like to see that continue, so that we can recreate touring car series from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Let's get more manufacturers involved or returining (e.g. Saab, Skoda, Seat, De Tomaso). I don't agree with suggestions that pick-up trucks and SUVs should be removed from motorsport - I believe there's a an audience for all types of racing. I can understand the desire for rally-style tracks to make them more appealing though.

5. Brand loyalty rewards
I think I'd seen someone else mention this on another forum/thread, but also like the idea. In past FM games where you got 'loyalty' rewards for racing cars from certain manufacturers. It would be cool to see a return of something similar where you might get credit boosts, brand-specific mod cards, even special manufacturer decals or 'works' liveries for certain cars by levelling up your brand loyalty. For example, if you're driving Fords, you might get Cr.10,000, Cr.20,000, and so on for the first 5 levels or so, mod cards that give you double race credits when driving Ford's for later levels, and manufacturer and model logos (e.g. the Mustang logo) that can be added to liveries in different colours (like a red Ford badge). Then at even higher levels you might unlock extra liveries for the GT3-spec of the Ford GT, which could be Forza-original 'works' liveries or real-world alternatives.

I think Grid does this, I know Driveclub does. If I create a livery I'd like to be able to copy paste it to the rest of my cars. A fleet of cars always made me feel official and I don't have the patience to remake a livery for every car.

I think Grid does this, I know Driveclub does. If I create a livery I'd like to be able to copy paste it to the rest of my cars. A fleet of cars always made me feel official and I don't have the patience to remake a livery for every car.

Both Grid and Driveclub use pre-made templates for their liveries; what you are doing is basically picking the colors on said template and the sponsors (which are applied on specific locations). It would be impossible to replicate that feature through a free-form editor like Forza's.

However, have you considered saving your basic layout as a layer group, and pasting it to other cars that way? It certainly saves a lot of time, unless you are dealing with some car that has a weird shape or has been mapped like an idiot.

2. Car reclassification
I'd also like to see some cars undergo some re-classification. One of the most obvious examples for me is that in recent titles, the Mazda MX-5 has been in the same car division as the RX-7. In my mind, these are completely different types of car. The MX-5 is a two-seater roadster that should be up against things like the Honda S2000, BMW Z3, even certain versions of the Lotus Elise. The RX-7 is a two-door sports car/coupé, which should be competing against things like the early NSX, 300ZX, Toyota Supra. Similarly, the Alfa 8C Competizione was a GT car, not a supercar and so should not be going up against Enzos and Maserati MC12s.

How about multi-class cars? You bring up a relevant example, the Honda S2000, which is a two-seater roadster not unlike the contemporary BMW Z3/Z4, but also a JDM icon that compares, at least in stock trim, with the RX-7. Why, then, should t be one or the other?

Last edited:
I don't have 5 & most of ya'll have covered what I'd like to see; pit stops, showroom garage, tracks, etc. One thing I would like to see in addition to this is a more choice in the weather conditions. Day/Night/Rain was a good start, but I think many tracks have further varying conditions in these categories. Sebring for example in Day, is mostly dusk. However, it also has an overcast & a bright mid-day but getting the game to purposely load the mid-day setting can be tedious since it's luck-of-the-draw.

And maybe correct the issue with the headlights always being on. Running certain cars on a bright Nurburgring day with the headlights/tail lamps on (which also forces the dash to reflect this as well sometimes) is a bizarre choice/bug.

Wouldn't mind seeing some older variations of cars come back, like a Murcie. 6.2/LP in addition to the SV.
Adding on, why not allow one to edit another person's livery under the condition that it becomes locked from being shared, therefore forbidding that user from profiting off it on the storefront. Original creator continues to get rewarded for the download through money/recognition/rating/etc. Maybe a system or notification in place that displays the original creator's gamertag so one can easily be verified for say, photo comps.

How about multi-class cars? You bring up a relevant example, the Honda S2000, which is a two-seater roadster not unlike the contemporary BMW Z3/Z4, but also a JDM icon that compares, at least in stock trim, with the RX-7. Why, then, should t be one or the other?

That's fair, I would be on board with the idea of cars falling into more than one class. Other examples that come to mind now you mention it could include the Peugeot 205 which could appear in both a rally category and retro hot hatches.

1. Smooth car selection in lobbies
2. Smooth car selection in lobbies
3. Smooth car selection in lobbies
4. Improved penalties
5. Improved penalties

1. Better quality control. FM7 launched with glitches and bugs, it was a bad first impression of the game. Some bugs still exist in the game today which says a lot about post-launch support, too. FM8 needs to be top quality out the gate, especially with more development time this time around.
2. Better physics model. FM7 was not a fun game in terms of car handling and physics, felt broken or something just wasn't quite right there, I say. Forza 4 engine seemed way better to me than later games, go back! Or polish the current engine, but don't leave it alone for FM8.
3. Less cars. Here me out, focus on better quality sounds and modeling for less cars for better overall quality. Look at GT Sport. More is not always better.
4. Revamp the menus and user interface. Forza always felt cheap with boring or poorly designed menus. Each game recycled the same upgrade menus, paint menus and car selection it seemed. Bring in a good design, center it around the cars and create an atmosphere of passion (see #5) will go a long way in my opinion.
5. Passion. The developers always talked about car "passion" in Forza games, I never felt it. Not to compare to GT again, but GT got passion right. Those games always scream "I love cars, I love motorsport and I love all the history behind it all." Forza was more like "here is a videogame with race cars", but they lacked a real connection. If that makes sense.

^ There's two problems that needs addressing there bud.

1. Less cars does NOT equal "better quality" like some like to think. What you're doing is essentially taking away cars that is loved by large portions of people, especially car enthusiasts. Yes we need better sounds, but sacrificing the car list in order to get that would be a HUGE mistake IMO. Nobody never remembers FM5 and how it disappointed lots of people that got spoiled by FM4's car list (literally).

As a car enthusiast, I would keep ALL the cars Forza has and expand it more, rather than reduiing it to please a certain crowd. Plus, GTS got flack for having less content as well. So I don't think it'd be good to copy that.

2. IMHO, "Passion" comes from collecting cars and treating them as you're own. GT lost the collecting factor when it decided to become the next iRacing, which turned off a lot of fans from the series (myself included). Never, EVER, take away that passion away from those who loved it. For me, this is where Forza now exceeds above Gran Turismo nowadays, featuring BOTH classic and modern cars from DIFFERENT eras of car culture and motorsport.

Forzavista also proves this, where you get to appreciate EVERY detail done to every car in the game, which for car enthusiasts, is one of the best features! I just hope it's given love again in FM8, because in FM7 it was done cheap due to the devs rushing it out the door.

This is not stirring up an argument or anything, but more things I would keep and continue to grow on in Forza. There is no turning back from it and Turn 10 knows that better than PD IMO.

The quality can be built if T10 were given time to complete it, like now with FM8 hopefully. It would be three years in development, which is a first for any Forza title ever created.

^ There's two problems that needs addressing there bud.

1. Less cars does NOT equal "better quality" like some like to think. What you're doing is essentially taking away cars that is loved by large portions of people, especially car enthusiasts. Yes we need better sounds, but sacrificing the car list in order to get that would be a HUGE mistake IMO. Nobody never remembers FM5 and how it disappointed lots of people that got spoiled by FM4's car list (literally).

As a car enthusiast, I would keep ALL the cars Forza has and expand it more, rather than reduiing it to please a certain crowd. Plus, GTS got flack for having less content as well. So I don't think it'd be good to copy that.

2. IMHO, "Passion" comes from collecting cars and treating them as you're own. GT lost the collecting factor when it decided to become the next iRacing, which turned off a lot of fans from the series (myself included). Never, EVER, take away that passion away from those who loved it. For me, this is where Forza now exceeds above Gran Turismo nowadays, featuring BOTH classic and modern cars from DIFFERENT eras of car culture and motorsport.

Forzavista also proves this, where you get to appreciate EVERY detail done to every car in the game, which for car enthusiasts, is one of the best features! I just hope it's given love again in FM8, because in FM7 it was done cheap due to the devs rushing it out the door.

This is not stirring up an argument or anything, but more things I would keep and continue to grow on in Forza. There is no turning back from it and Turn 10 knows that better than PD IMO.

The quality can be built if T10 were given time to complete it, like now with FM8 hopefully. It would be three years in development, which is a first for any Forza title ever created.
I agree with you. I suppose reducing the amount of cars in future FM games would be silly to do, I'd remove that point from my list then. My point was more that they can remove cars which are similar to others, or perhaps focus more resources on better sound quality for some cars, but I have no evidence to link Forza's (sometimes) poor audio to number of cars.

As for the passion thing, that's really more of an opinion, so I'd also remove that point from my list of improvements. I do love Forzavista (I think I spent more time there than actual racing) and I can see the passion for cars there, but other areas of the game don't give me the same impression. I do also love collecting cars, which sorta conflicts with my thinking that less cars is better. :dopey:

My biggest point will remain quality as the main improvement needed in FM8, but I am confident with a longer development time and lessons learned from FM7 that they will succeed. I can't wait to find out.

I never understood why there were no track dlc, just more cars.....

The short version: because it would not be possible to use those DLC tracks in multiplayer hoppers without booting off players that don't have them, and T10 doesn't want to split off the fan base into DLC and non-DLC hoppers.

The longer tale: FM3 added the Nurburgring GP-Strecke as a DLC, and it had exactly that effect. FM4 had no tracks added during its life cycle, and FM5 got three circuits added for free (Long Beach, Road America and the Nurburgring). FM6 had DLC tracks (Homestead, VIR), but they essentially went unused in the multiplayer.

The short version: because it would not be possible to use those DLC tracks in multiplayer hoppers without booting off players that don't have them, and T10 doesn't want to split off the fan base into DLC and non-DLC hoppers.

The longer tale: FM3 added the Nurburgring GP-Strecke as a DLC, and it had exactly that effect. FM4 had no tracks added during its life cycle, and FM5 got three circuits added for free (Long Beach, Road America and the Nurburgring). FM6 had DLC tracks (Homestead, VIR), but they essentially went unused in the multiplayer.

I don't play multi-player... But that seems reasonable I guess....

I agree with you. I suppose reducing the amount of cars in future FM games would be silly to do, I'd remove that point from my list then. My point was more that they can remove cars which are similar to others, or perhaps focus more resources on better sound quality for some cars, but I have no evidence to link Forza's (sometimes) poor audio to number of cars.

As for the passion thing, that's really more of an opinion, so I'd also remove that point from my list of improvements. I do love Forzavista (I think I spent more time there than actual racing) and I can see the passion for cars there, but other areas of the game don't give me the same impression. I do also love collecting cars, which sorta conflicts with my thinking that less cars is better. :dopey:

My biggest point will remain quality as the main improvement needed in FM8, but I am confident with a longer development time and lessons learned from FM7 that they will succeed. I can't wait to find out.
100% agree on the passion topic! I try to like Forza like I liked GT in the past but there's something missing in the menus.
It looks so bland, they don't know how to showcase the cars beauty. Sure Forzavista is awesome but I think it's something else. The dealership alone should be a cool experience. So many cars and they display them like an Excel sheet. Forza 8 will be my racing game this year and I wish the best for Turn 10. I'll wait a couple of years for GT7 given its WIP state...

They could do what pretty much every other racing game does and allow those that haven't purchased it access so long as the host has purchased it (in the case of hoppers T10 would be the "host").

It would be nice if T10 could announce FM8 since their rivals already announced their games. Would be a perfect time to let the players know they have been cooking up this game for over a year now.

Back