Your Tourist Trophy Questions...?

How can you save a "replay" to a USB flash drive? I tried to do it last night and it appeared to save to the flash drive but when I went to my noteback to download it, it wasn't there. Has anyone been successful in doing this?

GTRacer4
What's the music like in this game?

IMHO it's the weakest part. I love the rest of the game, but the music is pretty lame. The only track I like is "I Against Speed". As for the rest of the tracks, way too much techno crap. I'm thinking more heavy guitar tracks would fit the bill a lot better.

Mrlux
How can you save a "replay" to a USB flash drive? I tried to do it last night and it appeared to save to the flash drive but when I went to my noteback to download it, it wasn't there. Has anyone been successful in doing this?

You must save to you memory card first. Then go out to the "Replay Theater" and there is an option to transfer from your memory card ~> USB. When you go to your USB drive on your computer, it will be in a folder titled PDI.

I've not seen it being asked but what happens when the tyres go "off" if you pull into the pits what happens and does TT include fuel usage like in GT4?

How important is riding form tuning to performance? Does it apply to challenge mode or license tests?

When do I not tuck? generally I am riding around the tracks holding tuck all the time.

Grayman222
How important is riding form tuning to performance? Does it apply to challenge mode or license tests?

When do I not tuck? generally I am riding around the tracks holding tuck all the time.

When you select a riding form in your garage, it applies to challenge mode and licence tests. It is a pretty big part of how the bike handles, not neccicarily performance. Its important to understand how riding techniques change how the bike handles.

Dont tuck when your in a corner or when your braking for a corner. It takes away ground clearance when turning, and it decreases your effectiveness at braking.

Sigh.

So you don't get to tune a riding form to suit each bike?

As far as neutral/body/bike/motard you want to be able to vary that dynamically during a race (though a menu selection would not be appropriate), let alone the fact that, as far as I can tell, you can't change it at the immediate pre-race (tuning) menu.

The description is confusing, because with a large bike you get some extra cornering by shifting your weight inside of it, but, overall, it's shifting the bike's weight around which accomplishes most of your cornering. But between what you say, and just thinking about it, I guess the game assumes the bike gets leaned appropriately, and just decides whether to generally hang you off the inside or not. So, given that, you generally want "body" for most courses with lots of straights and a few simple corners, and "neutral" for courses with lots of successive corners/esses?

I've been using the easy settings for now, and "tuck" does work to tuck if you're not, but presumably you are usually not tucked because it's not a good idea? I think I'd prefer a tuck-toggle, but maybe I'll get used to it eventually, or find a better button.

I found your question(?) a bit confusing.. You can change your riding style to 4 preset ones in the pre-race menu.

Using body lean styles gives you extra cornering clearance, that is to say, you can turn harder on any bike you use it on. Maximum lean for a bike is set, there is no way to improve it with your riding style. But by leaning farther off the bike, you can turn harder for any given lean angle.

Using nueutral styles gives you less cornering clearance, that is to say, your bike still leans the same amount, but you dont turn quite as hard. The advantage is you can lean the bike a bit quicker, and it stays more stable when you do so.

Using bike lean styles gives you the least cornering clearance, taht is to say, your bike still leans the same amount, but you cant turn nearly as hard as the body lean style. The advantage of this style is very quick-flick turning.

Body lean styles are good for if you tend to be at maximum lean alot on a course and some extra corner speed will help you. Eg, big sweeping turns like midfield.

Neutral style is a good all round style. You get reasonable corner clearance, with reasonable leaning speed. This style is good for mixed courses, maybe Suzuka or infineon.

Bike lean style is a no-no in the real world, and in TT I havent found a good reason to use it. The sacrifice in cornering clearance isnt worth the extra leaning speed.

I tend to use body lean styles all the time. I find that leaning timed with throttle use can make turns as fast as I need them. The extra cornering clearance will make any bike turn harder.

Spectre600
Dont tuck when your in a corner

That's a bad habit I developed very quickly and that I need to unlearn very quickly. I have the tendency to tuck as soon as I apply some throttle again getting ready to exit a corner, which sometimes makes me run out of track.

Ducatista
That's a bad habit I developed very quickly and that I need to unlearn very quickly. I have the tendency to tuck as soon as I apply some throttle again getting ready to exit a corner, which sometimes makes me run out of track.

Sometimes this isnt bad... In certain corners, if you tuck and lean back, you can pin the throttle even in the liter bikes, and the tire will hook up and drive you out just fine.

well shifting forward would put you on the front wheel and make you stop slower and have less control but look awesome. I haven't tried shifting back, i don't know if it would help or not it might.

yeah, im not sure about that one. I think if you shift forward *very* slightly, it may help some, but its not worth it because its too easy to stoppie.

Just keep your wieght centered.

I recently stepped up to the pro controller set up, and I have no idea when to use the front brake, rear brake, or both. My best guess is to use both at very high speeds, and use the front brake for smaller amounts, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. When should I use which brake, how much, and why? I thank anyone in advance for their time in clarifying.

well i've not played the game but yes i'd use both brakes at high speeds, and then its down to you, different people have different braking styles, i'd use the front brake untill i tip the bike into the corner, but people also like to use the back brake aswell or even not touch the front.

ps: id use the back brake for photomode though :D

orpheusd0wn
I recently stepped up to the pro controller set up, and I have no idea when to use the front brake, rear brake, or both. My best guess is to use both at very high speeds, and use the front brake for smaller amounts, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. When should I use which brake, how much, and why? I thank anyone in advance for their time in clarifying.

In real life, the rear brake is used very very rarely. All the wieght transfers forward, so the front brake will be most effective.

Always use the front brake, never use just the rear brake.

The way I use the brakes is like this:

No matter what kind of braking I need, ill always start with the front brake.. If I get into the corner and see im going a little bit too fast, I use a little rear brake to 'adjust' my speed.

In most situations using both brakes will make the bike run wide if you try and turn at the same time. So for trail braking, use the method above.

For maximum braking (in TT), use both brakes in a straight line.

EDIT: In rare circumstances, you can use just the rear brake very lightly to adjust your speed.. dont use it for major speed changes tho.

On another note, in all the vids I've seen so far in the 3rd person view (behind the bike) the gearchanging isn't realistic..The rider's foot movement lags a fraction of a second behind. Or did they fix this in the US version?

freddy86
Is there a list with a picture of every bike in the game somewhere?
The official site has most (all?) of the non-race modified bikes
http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97502/Site/

Wikipedia has some of the race modified bikes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourist_Trophy_%28video_game%29#MAKER

Nitrous oxide
I've not seen it being asked but what happens when the tyres go "off" if you pull into the pits what happens and does TT include fuel usage like in GT4

No pits, no fuel stops, no tire changes.

As your tires turn red you lose traction, which means longer stopping distances and more sliding around.

Hi guys, i've got a few questions myself;

- Does slipstreaming take any effect in this game?

- The whole customisable riding style thing, does this also include corner entry and how you sit up after a straight?

- Oh and 4 people on the track at once, does this include you?

Thanks very much.

Pro mode makes the physics even more realistic. You have to apply the front and rear brakes indepedently and you have to decide when and when not to tuck.

Failure conditions simply give you a 10 second penalty every time you put a wheel off the track or touch another bike. Pain in the rear...

Ducatista
Failure conditions simply give you a 10 second penalty every time you put a wheel off the track or touch another bike. Pain in the rear...
Or touch a wall. All of them nail you with a huge penalty even if it was barely a love tap ;)

Spectre600
Using body lean styles gives you extra cornering clearance, that is to say, you can turn harder on any bike you use it on. Maximum lean for a bike is set, there is no way to improve it with your riding style. But by leaning farther off the bike, you can turn harder for any given lean angle.

Using nueutral styles gives you less cornering clearance, that is to say, your bike still leans the same amount, but . . .
With perhaps the exception of motard, I believe the three preset positions are (in simulation mode) merely collections of parameter settings you can set in your own custom settings. The two key parameters seem to be where you are sitting fore-and-aft, and how far sideways you move when leaning. I should peruse the appropriate sub-forum (Wot? No riding-style sub-forum???) to get more input to my own observations, however. I still claim the styles are mis-described. It's really more like "don't lean body with bike" ("lean bike"), "lean body with the bike" (neutral), "lean body more than the bike" ("lean body").

I really think it would be better if the riding style was per-bike, or perhaps loadable from a "settings file". It is interesting that it applies to your license tests, however.

And you should be able to change it in the pre-race (retry) menu, and, really, really, mid-course. (Banked turns at High Speed Ring probably want a different style than the tight esses). But you can't. Maybe when they produce the non-demo version. :)

Spectre600
I found your question(?) a bit confusing.. You can change your riding style to 4 preset ones in the pre-race menu.
Grr . . . Must be some menu I'm not seeing! I've been changing it in the garage, and leaving it. (Hmm. Have I actually looked under "settings"? Duh.)

That's not there for license tests, though, is it?

Are you sure it's there for Challenge Mode, where I'll likely spend most of my time?

Grayman222
anytime I lovetap a wall I fly off the bike anyways.
Deep Forest. "Far corner". (Before the uphill). You can ride against the rock wall occasionally.

SportWagon
With perhaps the exception of motard, I believe the three preset positions are (in simulation mode) merely collections of parameter settings you can set in your own custom settings...

Grr . . . Must be some menu I'm not seeing! I've been changing it in the garage, and leaving it. (Hmm. Have I actually looked under "settings"? Duh.)

That's not there for license tests, though, is it?

Are you sure it's there for Challenge Mode, where I'll likely spend most of my time?

Your correct about the styles bieng just presets in sim mode.

There is an option at the bottom of the screen in the *RACE* and *PRACTICE* modes. You can change your style there.

In the Challenge mode and Licence tests, you must choose them at the garage.

Your observations about riding style are spot on. (Not leaning, leaning with the bike, and leaning more than the bike.)

Back