Your Tourist Trophy Questions...?

Ducatista
Pro mode makes the physics even more realistic. You have to apply the front and rear brakes indepedently and you have to decide when and when not to tuck.

Failure conditions simply give you a 10 second penalty every time you put a wheel off the track or touch another bike. Pain in the rear...

Where can I turn on Pro Mode? I didn't see it in the options anywhere.

Do Pro (and SemiPro?) make the model even more sensitive to fore-and-aft movements of the steering stick? I sort of think so, since it supposedly makes wheelies possible.

Anyone else thing Standard mode also has track knowledge? It seems like when you brake, especially if you brake early and coast, the animated rider presets on the side corresponding to the next corner in the track.

Tried pro mode after reading spectre600 description of brake technique, but still a bit confused on when and how much rear to feed in. Obviously using both at once in a straight line stops you the quickest but too much rear in a corner and you lock up.

Using L2 for the rear brake seems too sensitive compared to using a button on the face of the controller. Much harder to regulate input.

Does anyone use a different approach or button cofiguration?

red7
Tried pro mode after reading spectre600 description of brake technique, but still a bit confused on when and how much rear to feed in. Obviously using both at once in a straight line stops you the quickest but too much rear in a corner and you lock up.

Using L2 for the rear brake seems too sensitive compared to using a button on the face of the controller. Much harder to regulate input.

Does anyone use a different approach or button cofiguration?

Try using just the front brake for a lap... youll notice that you can brake all the way to the apex, although your laptime will be slower. If you try and use both brakes while leaned over, its very difficult to hold a good line.

However, if you use the front brake, then as you are about to nail the apex, give it some rear brake, you will be able to hold a good line, and still slow down fast enough.

Dont try this for high speed braking into hairpins however, TT likes using the rear brake more than I do.

Back