Your worst driving habits in GT5 Prologue...

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 99 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I know someone made one of these topics in the 'Gran Turismo 4' section so I thought I'd make one for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue only.

So whats your worst habit in GT5p??

Mine is auto correcting, in other words, after going round a corner I automaticly counter steer 3/4's though the corner. I need to most of the time it a RWD but i do it in a FWD as well which you never have to do in a FWD.

My worst habit while grip driving would be to start drifting in turns. I just can't help it, and it makes my laps slower.

My worst habit while grip driving would be to start drifting in turns. I just can't help it, and it makes my laps slower.

I used to do that with the sixaxis, but now I have a wheel I can be mush more careful with the thottle.

I used to do that with the sixaxis, but now I have a wheel I can be mush more careful with the thottle.

It's not that I can't control the car, it's just I get carried away and start drifting. When it comes to time trials I can be very fast. It's just in races I get bored and start drifting.

It's not that I can't control the car, it's just I get carried away and start drifting. When it comes to time trials I can be very fast. It's just in races I get bored and start drifting.

What i meant is with the control it's easier to enter a drift because a button is more on / off than a pedel.

Braking while turning.

I always end up braking too late and feel the need to hit the apex, whether I'm braking or not. I usually forget the fact that the cars inertia will slow it down if I just let off the brake sometimes, but I seem to think the brakes are the only thing that can slow down the car. :(

Thinking that I'm playing GT4 still, completely different physics engine, completely different reaction from the cars. Slowly getting used to it.

I'd agree with Watevaman, too.

:guilty: Pushing to hard and braking to late. And the fact that I know this and can't seem to stop myself is even worse. :crazy:

Last edited:
Gripping the wheel to hard, Oversteering the wheel when i have no need to, pushing to hard, stupid mistakes.

Generally to eager

I hate the fact my car wears sometimes S and sometimes R compound in races. I constantly brake late into last Suzuka chicane. And constantly drifting at Dunlop Curve with any car with more than 300 HP.

Breaking late and pushing too hard, especially at suzuka. I know slow in, fast out is fastest, but i just can't help myself, though i am getting better.

hitting the apex too early in a long medium speed turn, and braking too late then slaming on the brakes to keep the car on the track and almost stopping it in the middle of the turn

Drinking,Smoking,Eating

Driving one handed down straights doing one of the above.

Not entering events that I struggle in. Therefore not improving my driving abilities

While chasing down a player, very close behind, I tend to start driving their line instead of my own. Oddly enough, I do the same thing at track days...:(

Integras. I hate them since they're cheater cars just like NSX, hence all noobs and punters use them as well.

My worst habit is Friday and Saturday night, i am normally playing while under the influence of alcohol and become Charles Bronson in death wish, if a punter hits me i will do everything in my power to catch them and extract revenge by taking them out like they done to me.

Shifting down one more gear than I should in Suzuka's spoon curve. I always feel I'm going to get off the track if I go to fast and I slow down but I slow down too much almost every time and feel the need to shift down, thus losing a second or two. :indiff:

yeah, but it's always a honda. Coincidence? I think not.

*Points at Nissan GTR*.. The Integra is well known as a very quick FF car and the NSX is known as one of the easiest RWDs to handle - nevermind the fact it was designed with help from Senna.

Back on topic:

I often get distracted once someone is behind me - though this may have something to do with the feeling of always having to look over my shoulder in case someone decides overtaking from 50 yards back into a corner just before a long safe straight is a good idea.

I'm also one of the people who get bored easily and start going sideways and trying to drift (I'm still learning) - I enjoy driving RWD :)

I sometimes forget to take out my pullover, and then start sweating like i dunno what during a 'heated' race. If not that, its hitting the throttle too hard.

Not exiting corners smoothly. I am (read: I think) I am very good an entering corners but I really need to watch my throttle on exit. This is what kills me. Turning too much with AWD cars thus creating understeer. Thinking I can overtake someone on the inside and hitting them as a result. Not racing online enough and thus not learning how to react to other players. But the worst of all is missing gears when braking with the G25 (manual mode). I always either miss while trying to heel and toe or not heel and toeing thus causing my car to oversteer. As a result I get frustrated and just use the paddles.

Back