Your 'Xbox, Record that' Moments

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 29 comments
I have one of me going down the chicane on Bathurst and I perfectly executed every single corner. Even better was a 350Z in front of me losing traction and me slipping by unscathed. It was just one of those feel good moments. I'll post it later.

Great job avoiding that crash and thanks for sharing the video.

So how well does the "Xbox record that" feature work? This feature for sure has been inspired by the Halo 3 File Share system and the following Halo games. They record EVERYTHING you do. Many that have played Halo have wished other games would have the same feature. Now several years later, more and more games are finally using the Halo file share feature. To take that to the next stage, the X1 can record everything you do. So...how well does it work? How long does it record? How many files can you store?

Great job avoiding that crash and thanks for sharing the video.

So how well does the "Xbox record that" feature work? This feature for sure has been inspired by the Halo 3 File Share system and the following Halo games. They record EVERYTHING you do. Many that have played Halo have wished other games would have the same feature. Now several years later, more and more games are finally using the Halo file share feature. To take that to the next stage, the X1 can record everything you do. So...how well does it work? How long does it record? How many files can you store?
It works surprisingly well. By default, if you just say, "Xbox, record that.", it only records the previous 30 seconds (which is perfect in most scenarios). However, you can "snap" the game DVR to the side of your screen, tell it to start recording, and it will record up to 5 minutes.

You can use the "Upload" app to edit your videos, including recording PIP using the Kinect. Once you edit it, it gives you the option to upload the file online using SkyDrive.

Does the feature only record game footage, or the entire screen?

Also, this feature would've saved me so much time from having to save replays, create a clip, and upload so many moments like this one. Took me a good 10 minutes to get 17 seconds worth of video. This just looks so much more convenient, can't wait to flood my YouTube channel with replays.:D

In Sessler's review he mentioned the SkyDrive option(Which couldn't have arrived at a better time, with my recent move to WP8) is raw h.264, but is it in full 1080p?

This feature is the reason I will finally create a youtube channel. I used to record using the Dazzle and it really was just a pain in the butt. Had to record the moment when it happened onto your PC. Then find a site to host the video.

Now that we are able to edit and share it directly from the X1 with "upload" feature and Skydrive is just amazing. So many amazing moments I have never been able to share in games that don't have the file share option, especially like BF3. Now I will finally be able to share them with little to no hassle at all. :)

Yes!! Epic thread Fezz congrats! :) Nice video too, did you tense? lol

I have to say that this feature of the new generation of console is so incredible! Everyone able to share great moments like these as easy as taking a photo and sharing it on Facebook. Before now you had to have a high end PC, a capture card, tech knowledge, both appliances switched on.. Total chore. Now it takes a voice command or a click of a button! Full HD, instant, amazing!!

Looking forward to more vids like this of Forza and many more!

Need some tips=====

I used the "record that" voice command and it did exactly what it was suppose to...but ,my question is this

1= When I went and looked back at it the video was very grainy on my tv..like it didnt record in HD or something..Can I fix this.

2= How do I get my "record that" moments on my youtube channel???

1= When I went and looked back at it the video was very grainy on my tv..like it didnt record in HD or something..Can I fix this.
I've noticed that, too. I haven't seen any options, but I wonder if the video gets cleaned up once you edit and save it (recordings are temporary - you have to manually save them afterwards).

I think game dvr videos are compressed for YouTube hence the quality. Uncompressed video takes a lot of space.

Still not sure how I get them into YouTube though. I think they need to be uploaded to SkyDrive first.

Had a pretty crazy one earlier and thought it would be great to get a thread with all the 'Record That' moments

How do you upload to Youtube, Also your quality of record seems far superior to what im getting?

edit: Got it, Just download off of skydrive and upload yourself + once you save a clip its much better quality.

Last edited:
Either this LFA was cheating to get ahead of me, or was waving goodbye...

It took a couple of plays to realise what the AI was doing in the clip. Pretty useful technique to learn; next time I have a fast car on my ass I'll attempt to wiggle it just a little bit if it interferes with perfect draft.

Last edited:
So I've been having a...pretty interesting day in Forza:

5 clips in one because with the Multiclip feature it's either 5 or nothing on the One for some reason that is totally beyond me.

The Audi I have no idea what happened. All of the AI drivers still had their sounds and worked as usual. I didn't get a clip, but it was pretty cool pulling through the pack with my car making no sound at all.

The Indy car happened when we noticed they sorta ramped off of each other in a rear end impact. We decided to take it to an extreme. Might try again on LeMans to see if we can get even more air time.

The final clip is a close call with two separate Ferraris that I thought was just the one until a few minutes ago. I wasn't planning on posting it, but I needed a 5th clip.

EDIT:
And some fun times in tag:

Last edited:
Back