YSSMAN's Infinite Crisis: Blackest Night (Post #816)

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 828 comments
  • 52,189 views
Now I just need to get the GTI out here so me, you and Joey can have an FF-off.

Uh-oh. I hear G-ToP Gear coming on...

All we would do is argue about cars and listen to Brad scream POWER!!! as he ass dragged his new FF car around :lol:....wait, that's Top Gear in a nut shell anyways. That would be awesome to do, I sense a YouTube video.
 
Sounds like we'd need The Cracker to come over and act as Stig.
 
YSSMAN:

A 5-door Mazda 3 is calling you. Maybe not the MS3 but I do believe one is calling your name.
DSCN0162.jpg


Look how beautiful. Just get it.

And while I have yet to get in a Honda Fit, I do like them and are sure they are a good car. Just stick with 4 or more doors.

EDIT: ONE THING THOUGH. How do you feel about having a car that is about to go through a styling change in the very near future? Once the 08.5 MS3 ends, there will be no more MS3's until the new body; and even then probably a few years after that. I am not sure exactly when the MZ3 will change its styling but it is FOR SURE near then end of its run.
 
You change your mind more than anyone I've ever met....

I like the 3's though, supposed to be a good car.
 
EDIT: ONE THING THOUGH. How do you feel about having a car that is about to go through a styling change in the very near future? Once the 08.5 MS3 ends, there will be no more MS3's until the new body; and even then probably a few years after that. I am not sure exactly when the MZ3 will change its styling but it is FOR SURE near then end of its run.

I asked about it at the dealer and he said it wasn't coming until the end of the year. Personally speaking, I like the look of the car overall, so it wouldn't bother me too much. Didn't some of the styling updates already come through? With that little piece of plastic on the front? But yes, I definitely can't afford an MS3. Just a regular M3.

(that makes it sound more expensive!).

All we would do is argue about cars and listen to Brad scream POWER!!! as he ass dragged his new FF car around ....wait, that's Top Gear in a nut shell anyways. That would be awesome to do, I sense a YouTube video.

I'm up for it! Would be awesome!
 
All we would do is argue about cars and listen to Brad scream POWER!!! as he ass dragged his new FF car around :lol:....wait, that's Top Gear in a nut shell anyways. That would be awesome to do, I sense a YouTube video.

<- What's there to argue about? :D Although, if my cousin's old Protege is any indication, it might be a good match up.

YSSMAN:

A 5-door Mazda 3 is calling you. Maybe not the MS3 but I do believe one is calling your name.

Look how beautiful. Just get it.

I second this motion. The 5-door is a beautiful car. I imagine it would be more useful than the sedan too.

EDIT: ONE THING THOUGH. How do you feel about having a car that is about to go through a styling change in the very near future? Once the 08.5 MS3 ends, there will be no more MS3's until the new body; and even then probably a few years after that. I am not sure exactly when the MZ3 will change its styling but it is FOR SURE near then end of its run.

That won't change the fact that the M3 is a great-looking car. And if the RX-8 is any indication of the restyle, I'd say he might be better off with the current one. There are some cars that just don't start looking dated until much later. A lot of VWs keep their looks after they are pulled off the market, and I have similar feelings about Mazdas.
 
The car I drove was pretty much "loaded," a Touring model with a couple of the boxes checked. It ended up coming out to be $17,600 as I recall... Exactly $2000 more than the Honda, but oddly enough, cheaper to lease. The audio/cruise buttons on the steering wheel are a nice touch, and I loved the short-throw shifter. With Dad's almost definite approval, its pretty much the go-ahead to sign off and get it.

Gotta get my rebate check from the feds, and I'll probably go out and pick it up. I'm not a huge fan on the gunmetal gray, but it isn't bad either. Makes it look "bad ass."

As far as insurance goes, I believe its about the same as the MINI... Probably about $125 a month.

My brother owns a Mazda3 (saloon) and it is indeed a fantastically brilliant car in every possible way...except...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT GET THE D20 2.0L ENGINE IF YOU PLAN ON MODIFIYING IT!!!! The 2.3L is INFINITELY better for modding and right out of the box. Trust me, the 2.0L sucks donkey balls...I know because I had them in my Focus'. Fun to a point, but they feel underpowered at low RPMs. But for a daily driver commuter car it is acceptable. Having a choice between the Mazda3, Fit, and VW I'd choose the Fit probably mainly for the better MPG and residule value.
 
I'm leasing, so the only modification would be clingy stickers on the windows or maybe a vinyl (easily removable) on the side. I did notice that the 2.0L really doesn't start kicking until its well above 3,000 RPM, but thats okay. Its fun to row the gears, so I'll be happy playing with it.

So, I'm pretty much gotta wait for my federal check and then I'm probably going to go down and get it...
 
If you can deal with the lack of low-end grunt the Mazda3 2.0L will be an awsome car. You'll love it. Oh, and if you get one welcome to the Ford family. :D
 
ONe of my sons is rollin' in a a Mazda3, another in a Mazda6.
They both love their cars.
Even the "base" model 3 has lots of good stuff on itl.
I'm a tad too big to truly love the feel of the the 3, but if the 6 is any indication...👍
 
JCE
If you can deal with the lack of low-end grunt the Mazda3 2.0L will be an awsome car. You'll love it. Oh, and if you get one welcome to the Ford family. :D

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
*drops down on knees*
(mutters about how GM will always be king)
 
Hate to break it to you nd 4 holden spd but GM sucks balls... Ford isn't much better.

Mazda is ok though. :dopey:
 
Hate to break it to you nd 4 holden spd but GM sucks balls... Ford isn't much better.

Mazda is ok though. :dopey:

That's OK, you broke nothing. GM is the king and always will be. Toyota can comepte for sales but not for performance or bang for buck. GM is the all-rounder on everything. Ford is trying but will struggle for a few more years. Mazda is one of my least favourite brands in the whole world despite being a part of Ford. Strange Mazda sales don't count toward Ford sales like all brands in GM or Lexus and Toyota.
 
If I had money we all know I'd be getting a G8 GT. Thats the simple truth. But GM just doesn't have the car that I'd want at a price I'd be willing to pay, and although the Astra comes close, it just isn't close enough.

Give it three years, I may trade it out for a Camaro or something assuming I get a job that pays well enough. Thing is, Dad will have one, so I can just use his...
 
GM (Aussie) > GM (everywhere else)
Ford (UK) & Ford (Aussie) > GM (North America)
Ford (North America) > GM (North America) :lol:

That's the facts Jack. Oh, and get a white or blue Mazda3 YSS, those are the sexiest.
 
You can not seriously think that Ford US is better than GM US. That's just madness :crazy: I like GM US cars, Corvette, Camaro, Pontiac Solstice hard top, Chevy Malibu, and many many classics.
Ford US cars I like, Mustang, and err........ That's all they have. :sly:
If they had the turbo Astra in the States would you have looked at it YSSMAN?
 
I'm talking in terms of quality... I dunno what JCE is focusing on.
 
I'm talking in terms of quality... I dunno what JCE is focusing on.

I'm focusing on everything as a whole.
 
Buick Enclave
Chevy Malibu
Pontiac G8
Chevy Camaro (Soon)
Chevy/GMC/Cadillac Full Size SUVS
Cadillac CTS (-V)
Saturn Astra
Pontiac/Saturn Solstice/Sky
Saab 9-3
Corvette
=====================
Ford/Mercury/Lincoln Fusion Triplets
Ford/Lincoln Edge/MKX
Expedition/Navigator
Mustang
Lincoln MKS


Yes, because GM makes such poor products for the US.
 
Yeah, domestic brands have good cars, reliable too if people would just buy them and find out. I forgot about the Lincoln MKS, good car. And the CTS, many in your list I forgot. If you're looking for a pure off-roader that doesn't have to be green the Hummer is a good option too.
 
Yeah, domestic brands have good cars, reliable too if people would just buy them and find out. I forgot about the Lincoln MKS, good car. And the CTS, many in your list I forgot. If you're looking for a pure off-roader that doesn't have to be green the Hummer is a good option too.

I bought one, I found out, I will never buy one again.

Today I had to ride in a Mazda 3 four door going down to Detroit for school, I was in the back as well. It's actually not that bad. I could ride back there for an extended length of time and not really have much of an issue with it. The ride wasn't bad either, about on par with the Mini, maybe a bit easier on bumps. All in all I really like the car.
 
You bought a blazer.

You had it coming to you.
 
A truck? :yuck: If you want a pick-up get a Ute, like mine. Never would buy a truck. Joey D might be interested there's a racing series on my tele right now, one-make series of minis.
 
They don't have utes in the US, remember. And yes he wants a truck, which is why he sold his Blazer and brought a Mini.

But in all seriousness, I'm glad we have you to point out all these facts on the quality of American Car models. Seriously.
 
Buick Enclave
Chevy Malibu
Pontiac G8
Chevy Camaro (Soon)
Chevy/GMC/Cadillac Full Size SUVS
Cadillac CTS (-V)
Saturn Astra
Pontiac/Saturn Solstice/Sky
Saab 9-3
Corvette
=====================
Ford/Mercury/Lincoln Fusion Triplets
Ford/Lincoln Edge/MKX
Expedition/Navigator
Mustang
Lincoln MKS


Yes, because GM makes such poor products for the US.

Don't forget the Taurus/Montego, Freestyle, Focus, F-series, and the Ranger. Yes the Ranger is the second oldest model in the Ford lineup next to the E-series (or Crown Vic/Grand Marquis?) but its super reliable and cheap. *edit* and with the 4.0L V6 its actually a bit quick in the speed department.
 
If you're looking for a pure off-roader that doesn't have to be green the Hummer is a good option too.

Better option: Jeep Wrangler

The Hummer is an okay off-roader, but it's really a Suburban with a lift kit. The Jeep is a no-compromises off-road vehicle, one of the last left. The little things will scramble up trails that'd leave H2s stuck somewhere.

H1's a bit big and unwieldy to uses offroad, too, and I think they quit making that for the civilian market. Besides, it costs a lot for what you get, when a loaded Wrangler stickers for less than an H2.
 
If they had the turbo Astra in the States would you have looked at it YSSMAN?

Only if the price would have been right, because even as they are now, GMAC isn't too willing to play ball on their pricing games. In 2009 we're getting a 1.4L Turbo model, but I have no idea if it would be good or not.
 
I gotta post this... AGAIN for ya all do I? lol

 
Jeeps are just as crappy, if you want to off road buy an old school Land Rover or old school Land Cruiser.
 
Back