YuGiOh! TCG Trading/Collectors thread

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments
Quick question: have you ever come across an OCG card and held it in your hand? The difference is immediately noticeable.

Yes plenty of times, I use to collect the things along with pocket monsters and was always told you can feel a difference, as if I was expecting to feel printer paper vs card stock. The I actually researched it...no real difference as far as Beckett magazine and other collectors said back in the day, and if their was a quality difference that made the OCG more sturdy then TCG wouldn't be sought after and OCG packs would sell for far more than they do and in fact I believe they sell for less than TCG packs.

I'm sure a lot of people on Yu-Gi-Oh! forums will disagree with you that their quality is the same.
if their was a quality difference that made the OCG more sturdy then TCG wouldn't be sought after and OCG packs would sell for far more than they do and in fact I believe they sell for less than TCG packs.
TCG is sought after because it's more readily available in certain regions. Simple as that.

I'm sure a lot of people on Yu-Gi-Oh! forums will disagree with you that their quality is the same.

TCG is sought after because it's more readily available in certain regions. Simple as that.

No it's not, with the internet buying them is as easy as going to the store. The idea that somehow there is some distance that cause a disparity of purchase among the two is once again conjecture. I can buy OCG as easily as I can buy TCG.

No it's not, with the internet buying them is as easy as going to the store. The idea that somehow there is some distance that cause a disparity of purchase among the two is once again conjecture. I can buy OCG as easily as I can buy TCG.
You're assuming that everyone wants to or can buy online. I think that shipping costs plus the several week wait for the arrival of the product from Japan is going to put off a lot of players when you can just head out to the store and buy it there. Do you also realize how quickly products run out online? That's exactly why I missed out on Memories of the Duel King.

Let's not forget the fact that the OCG is in Japanese only whereas TCG includes English.

You're assuming that everyone wants to or can buy online. I think that shipping costs plus the several week wait for the arrival of the product from Japan is going to put off a lot of players when you can just head out to the store and buy it there. Do you also realize how quickly products run out online? That's exactly why I missed out on Memories of the Duel King.

Let's not forget the fact that the OCG is in Japanese only whereas TCG includes English.
If I remember correctly, there is an OCG Nation that has English Cards.

But I agree, especially when in majority of Non-world TCG Yugioh Western Tournaments ban all OCG Cards (unlike OCG where TCG cards are legal there unless it is a TCG exclusive)

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, there is an OCG Nation that has English Cards.
You could be referring to the Asian-English OCG cards. I'm not sure which country it sells in, but I'd love to know so I can narrow down where I can find them to buy.

I actually own an Asian English Dark Magician. It's identical to its TCG counterpart except that the Yu-Gi-Oh logo in the back is different and it's printed on the better quality OCG material since it is part of the OCG and not TCG. It's what I consider the best of both worlds.

Edit: According to this, Asian-English cards are no more. Shame. Can't find much about it either online.

Last edited:

We were talking from a collectors stand point I thought, the feel of the card doesn't really matter when tournaments require you to have cases for the cards. So if you're a serious player more times than not your cards are in great condition. It doesn't take several weeks, especially when there are certified distributors on ebay that sell them. Also products don't run out as quickly as you make it sound, hell I got a Lewis Hamilton hat from the U.S. GP for my birthday last year a month after the race. It was bought online and shipped from Prague and made it in the week. Now we're talking about someone who had probably a more readily backed fan base than YGO at the moment (let's say on par even) and yet I was still able to get said product in a timely fashion.

Well, no retailer in my area has them yet - not Toys "R" Us, Wal-Mart, or London Drugs. Disappoint.

My friend did manage to get the last one at a hobby store though, and he's willing to trade the Arkana Dark Magician for an OG Red-Eyes from me, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Arkana's Dark Magician is listed in 59 pesos in Mercadolibre.com.mx :eek:

This is a no-brainer, I'm going to get it :lol:

image.jpeg

At long last...

(Pardon the bed sheets. They're borrowed.)

Today I found and bought two Yugi's World boxes at Walmart. If that weren't good enough, I pulled two Envoy of the Beginnings. :D
Speaking of that, I went through my brothers old Yugioh collection and found a first edition Envoy of the Beginning :P.

Also realised my card (Blue Eyes-Toon Dragon) is First Edition too.

I don't know, the Blue Eyes from SDK is extremely cheap here. I've seen it sitting at 50 pesos or less. (About 3 American Dollars).
Maybe I should check out some Mexican websites, because that is indeed really cheap. The ones on Troll and Toad and eBay tend to be at least $10 USD. I suspect the extra shipping from Mexico might offset any differences, though.

Maybe I should check out some Mexican websites, because that is indeed really cheap. The ones on Troll and Toad and eBay tend to be at least $10 USD. I suspect the extra shipping from Mexico might offset any differences, though.

10 dollars for that card would be a steal here, considering the dollar is getting more and more expensive everyday :lol:

(Today is sitting at 18.68 pesos, by the way)

Try mercadolibre.com.mx, I got many of my cards of my collection there ;) but yeah, maybe the shipping will hurt the final cost.

Yeah heard of them, there is 1 New Toon in every Yugioh Booster now. I pulled out the one from the Breakers of Shadow pack recently.

I started building a Dinomist Deck and playing the game properly, I think it is the perfect fit for my play style and running Pendulums is always something I wanted to try.

I'm also building a Mix Deck mostly filled with Dragons on the side as I usually have fun customizing decks into my own.

By the way, this card is going to appear in the movie but it's OP as 🤬, this is the card to break the game more than Pendulums.

Translated:
"Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity" + "Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity" + "Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity"
Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. If this card declares an attack: Halve your opponent's LP. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can activate this effect; this card can make a second attack during this Battle Phase. If you take effect damage: Inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent.

The only monster I know that has a chance to stop it that I have is my AL's Tuner Monster and I only have 1 of those :scared:

Yeah heard of them, there is 1 New Toon in every Yugioh Booster now. I pulled out the one from the Breakers of Shadow pack recently.

I started building a Dinomist Deck and playing the game properly, I think it is the perfect fit for my play style and running Pendulums is always something I wanted to try.

I'm also building a Mix Deck mostly filled with Dragons on the side as I usually have fun customizing decks into my own.

By the way, this card is going to appear in the movie but it's OP as 🤬, this is the card to break the game more than Pendulums.

Translated:
"Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity" + "Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity" + "Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity"
Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. If this card declares an attack: Halve your opponent's LP. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can activate this effect; this card can make a second attack during this Battle Phase. If you take effect damage: Inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent.

The only monster I know that has a chance to stop it that I have is my AL's Tuner Monster and I only have 1 of those :scared:

Oh. My. God.

Cards like this remind me why I retired. :ill: Call me old, but I still prefer the old-fashioned, slow paced Yu-gi-oh!

I like the game fast-paced but I feel like the game has gotten too fast. If OTK are a thing then you know you need to fix your game.

Back