YuGiOh! TCG Trading/Collectors thread

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments
Good news to old Yugioh fans in the EU regions: http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/news/detail.php?id=3869

Not sure if this applies to US and AU yet.

Anyway, Dueling Network is actually back in the form the new name Dueling Book. @Obelisk , if you're still willing to duel me, I can duel you on Dueling Book. In it, I normally play decks that are currently only available in the OCG (like Gandora and post-EXFO Dinomists)

The original art for Monster Reborn in English? That's cool. Shame that it's limited though, I feel that it's gonna skyrocket in price.

The original art for Monster Reborn in English? That's cool. Shame that it's limited though, I feel that it's gonna skyrocket in price.
Monster Reborn has been banned for some time now here in the TCG. Are you sure you're looking at the right banlist (as it is limited in the OCG).

Speaking of the OCG, on the same day as the announcement, this card got leaked for a set that comes out tomorrow in the OCG (for the TCG a few months later) and it just takes the 🤬 on TCG censorship :lol:
bf4c7d88.jpg

There is also a card coming out in the same set that depicts suicide (if you look at the World Chalice lore, it makes sense how it ended up like this), I would say it would get censored but seeing as the TCG left 2 recent archetypes based off GUNS and BULLETS uncensored (the day of invisible guns is apparently over :( ), this might not be the case.
latest

Monster Reborn has been banned for some time now here in the TCG. Are you sure you're looking at the right banlist (as it is limited in the OCG).
Ah I meant limited as in it has a limited release. From what I understand each of the six cards are released in a small window of time and in specific locations only. Regardless, my friend and I ignore the banlist anyway because we don't keep up with the meta.
Speaking of the OCG, on the same day as the announcement, this card got leaked for a set that comes out tomorrow in the OCG (for the TCG a few months later) and it just takes the 🤬 on TCG censorship :lol:
bf4c7d88.jpg
I look forward to seeing more details about that card.

There is also a card coming out in the same set that depicts suicide (if you look at the World Chalice lore, it makes sense how it ended up like this), I would say it would get censored but seeing as the TCG left 2 recent archetypes based off GUNS and BULLETS uncensored (the day of invisible guns is apparently over :( ), this might not be the case.
latest
Whenever possible, I choose to buy OCG cards instead now. Better quality and uncensored. Too bad I can't understand the language. :lol:

Ah I meant limited as in it has a limited release. From what I understand each of the six cards are released in a small window of time and in specific locations only. Regardless, my friend and I ignore the banlist anyway because we don't keep up with the meta.
Ok that makes sense, luckily for me, if this promotion supports AU, It seems my store will be one to have promotion since it is an official tournament store. So if it comes out in AU, can't wait :D

Also I wouldn't blame anyone for not following the meta right now :lol:. SPYRAL format has got to be worst format in recent memory, at least with Zoodiac format, people liked the Mirror match (I didn't mind the format too because Dinomists weren't as a massive disadvantage to Zoodiacs compared to other decks) and deck building wasn't just Deck Core + Handtraps. I prefer matchups and formats where it is all about managing resources over fancy combos.

I look forward to seeing more details about that card.
I probably should've put up the translation
FLOD-JP066 Shusha Sosei (Sponsored Reborn)
Normal Spell Card
(1) Target 3 monsters in your Graveyard; your opponent chooses 1 of those monsters for you to Special Summon, and you banish the remaining monsters. You can only activate a card with this name once per turn.

Whenever possible, I choose to buy OCG cards instead now. Better quality and uncensored. Too bad I can't understand the language.
I actually just ordered a playset of OCG Gandora Giga Rays myself (since that card has yet to be imported for awhile now). Kind of excited to see how they're like compared to TCG cards. I often look up translations and print it out and attach it to the cards so people know what they do when I play cards in a different language.

Also I wouldn't blame anyone for not following the meta right now :lol:.
The main problem is cost. My friend and I are quite happy to keep playing with (essentially) the same cards/decks, perhaps modifying it once in a while if a new set has suitable cards. He mains Gustos, Blue-Eyes, and some dinosaur archetype while I play a Dark Magician, Magician Girl, and an assorted deck. He's more into the newer card types than I am (i.e. Synchro and Xyz) but even he isn't entirely fond of Pendulums and Link Monsters. For the most part, he pretends that they don't exist in the same way that I'm only interested in "new" cards as long as it fits with the old school play style, which also explains why we don't consistently update our decks.

I probably should've put up the translation
That seems like a lite version of Painful Choice. If anything I'll get it just because the artwork is so cool. :lol:

I actually just ordered a playset of OCG Gandora Giga Rays myself (since that card has yet to be imported for awhile now). Kind of excited to see how they're like compared to TCG cards. I often look up translations and print it out and attach it to the cards so people know what they do when I play cards in a different language.
In terms of the physical card itself, the first thing you'll notice is how much stiffer and substantial the card feels compared to TCG cards (I'm not sure if this quality differences applies outside of North American TCG cards, but it's definitely noticeable for me). The commons in the TCG feel so cheap and disposable, and even though the foils are a slight step up since it has a plastic finish, it's only on par with OCG commons. From what I can tell, there is a handful of TCG players who complain about the "toilet paper" quality of TCG cards compared to the OCG cards, which also tend to simply look better. Some of the older foils in the TCG for example vary greatly in the colour for some reason. For example, a Dark Magician from the original Yugi deck has a fairly dark beige colour for the background, while a Gemini Elf from the IOC special edition has a brighter beige-yellow colour, similar to what you would see on a non-foil common card.

The main problem is cost. My friend and I are quite happy to keep playing with (essentially) the same cards/decks, perhaps modifying it once in a while if a new set has suitable cards. He mains Gustos, Blue-Eyes, and some dinosaur archetype while I play a Dark Magician, Magician Girl, and an assorted deck. He's more into the newer card types than I am (i.e. Synchro and Xyz) but even he isn't entirely fond of Pendulums and Link Monsters. For the most part, he pretends that they don't exist in the same way that I'm only interested in "new" cards as long as it fits with the old school play style, which also explains why we don't consistently update our decks.
I'm only now starting to get to grips to Links mainly because they finally introduced a few Links that aren't so combo heavy that you have to be some kind of genius or have to look up how other people do it (Rokket is currently my favourite Link archetype :D).

Speaking of old decks, I've actually gone ahead and started to build Red-Eyes. It started when I got 2 of each of the Ultra Rare Red-Eyes cards in the Legendary Duelists pack (thank 🤬 I pulled them too, Red-Eyes Baby and Red-Eyes Fang are incredibly expensive) and then when I kept pulling Black Metal Dragon as my foil from OTS 6, I decicded that was it and ordered the rest of the Red-Eyes online :lol:. I already did this with both Monarchs and ABC because I kept pulling their Field Spell as my foil from the OTS Packs :lol:.

In terms of the physical card itself, the first thing you'll notice is how much stiffer and substantial the card feels compared to TCG cards (I'm not sure if this quality differences applies outside of North American TCG cards, but it's definitely noticeable for me). The commons in the TCG feel so cheap and disposable, and even though the foils are a slight step up since it has a plastic finish, it's only on par with OCG commons. From what I can tell, there is a handful of TCG players who complain about the "toilet paper" quality of TCG cards compared to the OCG cards, which also tend to simply look better. Some of the older foils in the TCG for example vary greatly in the colour for some reason. For example, a Dark Magician from the original Yugi deck has a fairly dark beige colour for the background, while a Gemini Elf from the IOC special edition has a brighter beige-yellow colour, similar to what you would see on a non-foil common card.
This appears to be a problem with only the North American foil cards. EU and AU have much more cleaner foil cards than those in the NA and are more closer to the OCG:

zcNKDHZ.png

(YGOsingles is a NZ site)

f5luzkruxdaz.jpg

It even happens with Series 10 cards (NA is left while EU is right)

Speaking of old decks, I've actually gone ahead and started to build Red-Eyes. It started when I got 2 of each of the Ultra Rare Red-Eyes cards in the Legendary Duelists pack (thank 🤬 I pulled them too, Red-Eyes Baby and Red-Eyes Fang are incredibly expensive) and then when I kept pulling Black Metal Dragon as my foil from OTS 6, I decicded that was it and ordered the rest of the Red-Eyes online :lol:. I already did this with both Monarchs and ABC because I kept pulling their Field Spell as my foil from the OTS Packs :lol:.
Always nice to see old cards getting some love. I think my friend used to run Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon in his Blue-Eyes deck just because it was so OP. :lol:
This appears to be a problem with only the North American foil cards. EU and AU have much more cleaner foil cards than those in the NA and are more closer to the OCG:
Huh, that sucks for us then. I should try getting some EU and AU cards one of these days just to see what they're like.

Always thought they were cool and like other archetypes could have easily done with a steady expansion. The modern look of them works really well to me, and hopefully they'll see competitive play.
Yeah it's always nice to see older archetypes getting modern support. Especially for players like me who was mostly into the game during the earlier days.

I really do like these Legendary Duelists sets, upgrades from old favourite characters deck.

Legendary Duelist 1 has Joey have some of his cards (Baby Dragon, Gearfried, Fang with Chain) retrained to be Red-Eyes monsters, as well as Amazoness used by Mai and that one Shadow Rider from GX with some decent boosts (which was followed up by the imports of the Fusion monsters in CIBR).

This pack has a lot of interesting whirls into it, Weevils Insect deck gets some improvements, including this card which actually allows you to summon Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, Turn 1 (Weevil has a better monster so there is no point in doing this except for the memes):

Tribute 1 Insect monster on either player's field equipped with an Equip Card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Insect monster from your Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 Insect monster in your GY; shuffle it into the Deck, then draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Super Cocoon of Evolution" once per turn.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by a card effect. While another Insect monster is on the field, Insect monsters you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects, also your opponent cannot target them with card effects. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked: You can Tribute 1 monster; this card can attack an opponent's monster again in a row. Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Insect Monster Token" (Insect/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 100).

Then, there is this cluster:censored: of a card, which is meant for Chazz from GX that makes me really want to go WHY?:

"VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon" + "Armed Dragon LV7"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and/or from your GY, after you have Special Summoned the above cards this Duel. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Your opponent cannot activate cards, or the effects of cards, with the same name as a banished card. Once per opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 card from your Deck or Extra Deck; banish all cards your opponent controls and in their GY.

So yes, because of Chazz, Armed Dragon and VWXYZ can now be played in the same deck to turbo out this monster. If you think this is absurd (which it is), don't worry, Konami made 2 OJAMA CARDS (thanks Chazz) to help bring this monster out.

Reveal 1 LIGHT Machine Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck and banish any number of "Ojama" monsters from your hand, field, and/or GY; Special Summon from your hand, Deck, and/or GY, Fusion Materials with different names specifically listed on the revealed card, equal to the number of monsters banished this way. You can banish this card from your GY, then target 3 of your banished "Ojama" monsters; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

Send 1 "Ojama" card from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; add 1 "Ojama" monster with a different name and 1 "Armed Dragon" monster, except "Hardened Armed Dragon", from your Deck and/or GY to your hand, then, immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon 1 of those monsters. During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 3 of your banished "Ojama" monsters; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

I just find humour in the absurdity. Konami wanted to build up Chazz's deck but instead of retraining cards to become a grouped archetype, they instead bend themselves over to make 3 absurd support cards to combine 2 archetypes and 1 series which have no similarity in playstyles together. Sad thing is, Ojamamodification is being partially used in ABC builds (the only letters that Chazz didn't use) to help bring it out.

Probably is now.

Banlist has updated (effective Monday) and 🤬 this changes a lot of things.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Blackwing - Gofu the Vague Shadow (was limited) - As you'll see soon Konami is going after Token generation cards since they can be used as Link material and give massive advantage

Danylion (was limited)

Double Iris Magician (was unlimited) - Right after Pendulums got their best support in Electrumite, they told the best Pendulum deck to go 🤬 itself

Level Eater - (was unlimited) With Linkuriboh around now in America, not surprising

Maxx "C" - (was limited)

Performapal Skullcrobat Joker - (was unlimited)

Apoqliphort Towers - (was forbidden)

Grinder Golem - (was unlimited)

Performage Damage Juggler - (was forbidden)

Firewall Dragon - (was unlimited) This had to happen, the main protagonist boss monster was way too strong and created unfair loops

MONSTER REBORN - (WAS FORBIDDEN) What year is this? Now I know this was to promote the lost art promotion but this changes the meta a lot

SPYRAL Resort - (was unlimited) SPYRALs now limited in their utility, nice.

Solemn Judgment - (was forbidden) I really do not like this one.

None, odd

Artifact Moralltach
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Card Trooper
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Brain Control
El Shaddoll Fusion
Future Fusion
Mind Control
Preparation of Rites
Saqlifice
Bottomless Trap Hole
Ceasefire
Ojama Trio
Torrential Tribute

Hello everyone, reviving thread along with catching up with anyone who might still be here.

I've been still keeping updates on the game and playing through constantly. In fact I was able to surprisingly win LLDS Stage 1 with my Dinomist deck and have qualified to Stage 2 but can't go because it's all the way in Penrith :(

We've had a lot of sets come and go, White Dragon Abyss for the Anime fans, Cybernetic Horizon and Soul Fusion with Soul Fusion being one of my favourite sets. Almost every Deck featured in the set I wanted to make. Also turned Thunder Dragon into it's own deck and is a pretty meta relevant Deck right now. The cards look really nice.

latest

Also @Obelisk if you still keep up with the game, have you looked into the new TCG Exclusive Danger! cards? Came out in Cybernetic Horizon and further supported in Soul Fusion and go well with the Dark Worlds you like so much:

1181955.jpg

All Danger monsters have the first effect so your opponent just discards you Dark Worlds for some insane plusses, in fact there is now an FTK with Danger! Dark World that is top tier right now (which is annoying since the problem card (Firewall Dragon) is an anime protagonist ace monster) involving Cannon Soldier.

Hopefully some of you guys still keep up with some bits of the game :D

Yeah that's fair, just when I was away from this site, I spent most of my time on the reddit page for Yugioh and when I first saw Danger! I was thinking "what would Obelisk think about these? and then the same again when Danger! Dark World achieve the most tops in YCS London.

Yeah only 50 out around 1000 entered with Danger! Dark World and 9 of them topped, which is an incredible conversion rate compared to Sky Strikers which had 8 tops but were represented by around 400 players.

Thread revival.

I'll be honest since COVID, Ive been away from the game. I think Ive reached the powercreep point thats too much for me. Even casual games feel like you just lose if you don't draw a handtrap. Though didn't help Konami doesn't seem too keen on banlist changes during the Pandemic.

Also booster sets got a lot more cheap. They increased the Secret Rares from 8 to 10 and Ultra Rares from 10 to 14. Pull rates weren't increased to compensate making it harder to get cards you want/need. I only brought 1 booster box since then just for the Lost Art Dark Magician Girl promotion.

Wonder if any of your perspectives on the game has changed since pandemic.

I've strayed away more from the TCG but it is such a shame to see him go :(. He wasn't apart of my childhood but without his creation, I wouldn't have stepped into TCGs at all.

I hope his friends and family are doing alright

Anyone still into it? Either physically or digitally, I've had a great time building decks and playing over the last couple years since I returned to the game after over 15 years. Master Duel had me come back but I've moved to other simulators as they have all cards available.

Anyone still into it? Either physically or digitally, I've had a great time building decks and playing over the last couple years since I returned to the game after over 15 years. Master Duel had me come back but I've moved to other simulators as they have all cards available.
I only been collecting cards I like at this point. Game design just way too fast and way too mish mash of random engines for my liking (like seeing "Blue-Eyes", "Rokket" and "Red-Eyes" decks being nothing more than bricks in a Dragon Link deck).

Back