Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13 in GT6 now available on GT Academy Round 3!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 408 comments
Whoopes. When you realized the rounds is biweekly instead of weekly.

What in the holy hell are you smoking? Do you not remember the legal issues with the Deltawing and Nissan?
Well they now in peace and even most of the crew worked on the GTR LM.

Since there is no code about GTR LM though.

Well they now in peace and even most of the crew worked on the GTR LM.

Since there is no code about GTR LM though.

1. As mentioned, the only person that worked on the Deltawing that is now working on the GTR is Ben Bowlby.
2. Just because there is no code with the GTR LM now doesn't mean there won't be in a update.

All the pre-2006 LMPs (not Group C) have inflated hp levels that the cars didn't have when they raced at Le Mans or whatever series. Most of those cars should have around 600hp but you tend to see 800+ in GT5. Some believe that GT5/6 just gave us the LMP cars without restrictors on them.

Just because I noticed a pattern

They get slower each year

Audi R8 Race Car '01 - Very Fast
Audi R8 Race Car ' 05 - Team Playstation - Fast
Audi R10 - Slow
Audi R18 ( GT6 ) - Very slow at LM 24 Minutes

All LMP (before 2006) and group C (Mazda 787b have real spec) car's are over povered... Also some GT1 car's CLK GTR, R390 GT1 and Panoz GT1... Interesting is that premium LMP's and group C cars have real spec and standard not... Maybe PD will add real spec when we receive premium versions of standard LMP's, Group C car's (GT7, GT8...)

group C cars have real spec (GT7, GT8...)

The Minolta is debatable. If that was the real spec it would have won LM 10x in a row lol . And the Purple Jaguar is the slowest group C . Yet it beat the Sauber C9 , the fastest C

On the other hand I agree . The Panoz Esperante is depicted as a ' Car that you easily can beat ' but in reality that is not the case . The 787B is the only LMP in which thought was put in to in getting everything accurate , when others don't . An example of is the unrealistically fast Audi R8 ( LMP ) . Can barely keep up lol

Question , I know Saubers is 249 Mph , but what is the Minoltas real life top speed ?? Also , Am i the only one who wants the 80s group C cars to return to Le Mans ( Obviously made safer ) ???

Last edited:
The issue with Grp C is that they run with a fuel limitation which means that if you put in the game their real spec, but you don't apply the fuel limitation you'll be far more quick than the real car on one lap. But Grp C hadn't limitation during the qualifications so if you want compare from equal to equal you have to look for the qualification lap time. But once again, some virtual cars are really quicker.

I believe it will be the same if PD ad the current LMP car to GT. Real driver / software cut the fuel injection far before the braking zone while the max thermic power is used only to get the pace after a turn but is reduced after some seconds. So in game the car would always keep their full power and be quicker than in reality.

Some of the key issues with the cars used as AI competition for the Le Mans are that:
  • They're from a number of different eras, and thus have a wide variety of specifications.
  • GT doesn't factor in qualifying and race power outputs, so every car races with it's qualifying output, which for some of the Group C cars is significantly higher than it's race output would have been.
  • GT doesn't factor in the negative effect increased power output and turbocharging have on engine reliability. Stick a huge single turbo on any LMP1 of the past fifteen years to take it's power output well into double figures and you can be fairly confident it won't last 24 hours of racing.
Along with a whole host of issues not specific to LM but racing in GT in general. For a more realistic, PC sim style Le Mans a whole lot about racing in GT would have to be changed, so while I'm still massively looking forward to GT7, I'm not expecting anything great from GT7 as regards endurance racing.

Some of the key issues with the cars used as AI competition for the Le Mans are that:
  • They're from a number of different eras, and thus have a wide variety of specifications.
  • GT doesn't factor in qualifying and race power outputs, so every car races with it's qualifying output, which for some of the Group C cars is significantly higher than it's race output would have been.
  • GT doesn't factor in the negative effect increased power output and turbocharging have on engine reliability. Stick a huge single turbo on any LMP1 of the past fifteen years to take it's power output well into double figures and you can be fairly confident it won't last 24 hours of racing.
Overall, it appears GT doesn't factor in individual differences across various types of cars. For instance, the Diesal cars do not have their Torque factored in as part of their speed. The same can be applied to the Toyota TS030 Hybrid as while it does have a button for you to use the KERS system, it makes hardly a difference since PD doesn't factor in the additional horsepower it adds to the Gas Engine.

I've noticed something with the cars in GT, especially with the standard cars. If you buy them and DO NOT do an oil change then you get a more accurate power output. The Pescarolo C60 has around 600 Bhp pre oil-change but nearly 1,000 after an oil change... This is the case with a lot of the standard cars. So, take note of the power when in the dealer and restrict the engine back to that if you want it to be more accurate.... The Nissan GT-R GT3 has 542 Bhp in the dealer (which is accurate to real life) but has way more after oil changes.

I'm sure the same will happen with the LMP2 car. It'll have 450 Bhp pre oil change and probably 500+ post oil change... No idea why PD thought that was a good idea. It ruins the realism in my eyes... Plus, it's a pointless thing. We have the engine restores and things. Why the oil as well?

The handling is excellent, it is a very enjoyable car to drive.
well with a pp level lower than 700 it handless good but the more power you give it for faster races, the more unstable it becomes to the point where it's really hard to drive.

well with a pp level lower than 700 it handless good but the more power you give it for faster races, the more unstable it becomes to the point where it's really hard to drive.
You can't install a turbo or other modifications and the oil change only brings it up to 615pp.

Along with a whole host of issues not specific to LM but racing in GT in general. For a more realistic, PC sim style Le Mans a whole lot about racing in GT would have to be changed, so while I'm still massively looking forward to GT7, I'm not expecting anything great from GT7 as regards endurance racing.

If I were in charge, the AI grids for Le Mans would look like this.

1.) Audi R18 TDI
2.) Audi R18 TDI
3.) Audi R18 Test Car
4.) Toyota TS030
5.) Toyota TS030
6.) GTR Nismo LM
7.) GTR Nismo LM
8.) Zytek-Nissan
9.) Zytek-Nissan
10.) Delta Wing Nissan
11.) BMW M3 GTR
12.) BMW M3 GTR
14.) Corvette Z06 Base Model
15.) Corvette Z06 Base Model

Oh how I wish there were and event creator to do this... :/

While they figure out how the get the hybrid setup working properly, yes. Then it's back to AWD.
If they don't have the hybrid system at le mans, were going to all have to cover our eyes as our fellow GT players lose a slow and painful race.

The GT-R LM can not race LM without an hybrid system. It's part of the rules.

But it seems they had to reduce their hybrid class to 2MJ of energy recovered on LM while they were planing to run in the highest class with 8MJ. That's the reason why the switch from 16" front weels to 18" in order to replace the big electric engine by a smaller which is less efficient as a brake, so they had to increase the size of the brake discs.

No, they can't race LMP1-H without a hybrid system. They can still race LMP1-L... if they hand the car off to a privateer entry, which probably wouldn't be possible.

Back