Zero Cup: zero tuning (PS4) - STOPPEDPS4 

I have an idea/suggestion to refresh a bit this series/league and recruit new players:

In the OP it says:
"But kicking clean racers who just found your lobby is quite uncool. How can you do that?
Until a better solution is available, this is the only way to have 'private' lobbies and definitely clean races. I don't enjoy kicking other players out of lobbies."

But, since we do 3 or more races, why not allow new players to join in the first race??, which is like a practice anyways usually.
By doing that, we can test them and see how clean they are.
The bad racers can/will be kicked in the 2nd race and so on.

After 3 races, if a given new player has remained consistent in its clean driving and has stuck around, he can simply be added to our friends' list and we can ask him if he cares to join the series.

This is a great way in my opinion since not everyone knows about this forum, but I'm sure lots of people will absolutely love the idea!

Brilliant idea.
That's exactly what we used to do, but the first race would usually be wasted by the people we let race with us. For the first few weeks I would even send messages to the people we thought were decent enough.
We started kicking out people from the beginning a few weeks ago as we had enough people to race with and didn't want to waste any more time.

A big problem we also had was kicking out the players we didn't want to keep because by then we didn't have the majority any more.

Trouble is some members make mistakes and blame the randoms and some deliberately drive in to the randoms and then blame them also.

For me, and especially since Christmas, its just too early. I can barely be ready for 9pm most nights, so I've counted myself out for the foreseeable, even to the point I asked Warrius to put me on the "Reserves" list.

I do hope that the momentum keeps going, but I fear that generally this game is suffering more from not having private lobbies. Hopefully this may change soon.

Trouble is some members make mistakes and blame the randoms and some deliberately drive in to the randoms and then blame them also.

That didn't happen. These two clowns were on their own around me. Some try to use you as the brakes while some of these clowns expect you to vanish from the track.

One at least did slow up and realised what they did while another race they decided to do it again, flew on round the track, spun off then disconnected.

While it was no big deal personally, a bit infuriating but it never really felt like any racing personally. The numbers werent there. It certainly wasn't like the GT3 race. Not a fraction of it. Now that was fun!

Hi fellas,
Just dropping in to say hi. I have had the pleasure of racing with quite a few of the racers in this club, and it has always been a great challenging session. I wish I could join in on your Wednesday races, but working late afternoon into the nights here in the US doesn't let that happen. Otherwise I would have joined you all a while ago. Anyway, I'm sure I will catch some of you around on track. Take care.
II-NOVA-II

Anyone planning on playing tonight?

Tonight is a rare occasion for me to be home early enough for the normal start time of this Zero Cup. I don't mind hosting if people would like? I will be able to set up the lobby for 19:30 GMT, but I might have to sit in the pits for the first race.

If there is interest, I would suggest we stick with Warrius's last suggestion below (just in case anyone has been practising). I've not but that's all part of the fun ;)

Here are my suggestions for the coming weeks:

25 Jan.: MX5 Cup at Brands Hatch GP
Mazda MX5 Cup

1 Feb.: Exige at Silverstone International
Lotus Exige V6 Cup

8 Feb.: GT3 at Monza

Obviously the new host(s) will have the last word.

Drop a msg here, or add a like if you plan to be on, I'll keep an eye open.
Any newcomers not on my friends list, either ping me a FR or comment with your PSN (if not in your profile details) and i'll try and add before we start.

Sure, I should be on. Maybe we can break more than 5 players from last week. Though I doubt I'll be race-y at all since I'm trying to get to grips with the H shifter for speed shifting.

Those Lotus cars are real pigs.

From memory I recall it being a pig for understeer unless you can push the front hard enough to make the tyres work!

Heh, its a biggie.

Can I ask a favor?
Please whenever you intend to record and post videos, kindly go to that view mode where we can see your pedals input (gas/brake) because I would really like to learn from you guys.
Thanks.

Can I ask a favor?
Please whenever you intend to record and post videos, kindly go to that view mode where we can see your pedals input (gas/brake) because I would really like to learn from you guys.
Thanks.

Sadly I detest that part of the hud because when most players fill up there is that giant black graphic killing the left view along with the track diagram. I'm stuggling as it is what I can see.

Personally if I could I would also remove the time and position graphic or if it was like ProjectCars, you could position it anywhere on the screen and keep the time...

No, this is not the highlights of last night (I haven't got round to do it), but it's for those who asked:

I'll do more videos, with more cars and with different weathers...

Wow! This is a teaser man! Look at those graphics! How the sun rays go between trees, etc... And the huge array of apps that can used to get data and telemetry on PC is insane!

I wont be able to make tonights event, sadly. :( GT3 at Monza. 👍

The Playseat pedal plate buckled last night and cracked at the curve. Flexes crazy now. Horrible sound that was. Huge big bend at the bottom of the plate from those 9 years of use. I'll need to design and build a new chassis.

I'm at home, but unable to to play. Also PS4 is in download mode, just in case anyone see's me on but not replying.

It's that time of the month for new PSplus games, and to smash through the remainder of my data allowance ;)
My mobile service provider must love me... Not!

Since no one has come forward with hosting and/or combination suggestions over the last couple of weeks, I'm planning on closing down this thread.
Online racing is now a PC thing as far as I'm concerned, so join me there if you want (I can play online without having to be the one organising, by the way, there are good lobbies available to start with).

Well why would you close the thread?! I know it's basically your idea and your league practically but I'm sure people are still interested and are still racing, even if in small numbers. And with private lobbies coming soon it's only gonna get better I hope/suppose!
But do as you please man!

Back