Zero Cup: zero tuning (PS4) - STOPPEDPS4 

Sorry guys, I shall be unlikely to make further ZeroCup races. The time just never works for me with all that goes on at home.

Having said that, it does not mean I'll be hanging up my driving gloves. I hope to try and organise my own thing soon (just casually to start), plus I'd like to run with the option open for tuning. I'll gladly accept an invite to race from all you guys here, it's been fun and i've had some memorable moments on track.

@WarriusZero I wish you the best with getting the new ZeroCup up and running, looks like interest is there already.
Thanks for doing a great job as always running and organising events, no doubt we will still see you on here.

See you on track, Laters

We have still got a few racers on PS3, which is still good.

I'm getting PS4, shortly, but keeping PS3, for championships, that are still running:D

I fired up the old girl just last week when the new online events dropped in (GT6). Still love that game.

Hey everyone!
I'm interested in being part of all this fun!
Be warned though that I'm still a beginner (but that doesn't mean reckless or unclean).
I just bought the game a couple of days ago and it's even still downloading! (yeah 3rd world ultra fast 1mbps connection...)
Cheers!

Would anyone be interested in organising/hosting upcoming events? There are enough people here to keep entertained! :)

Shame, its only a few hours once a week. Even once I get this on PC I'll still likely stick to this series. Unless it dies?

Hey everyone!
I'm interested in being part of all this fun!
Be warned though that I'm still a beginner (but that doesn't mean reckless or unclean).
I just bought the game a couple of days ago and it's even still downloading! (yeah 3rd world ultra fast 1mbps connection...)
Cheers!

As long as you behave on track and as long as your connection doesn't make you lag so as to disrupt other people's races, you're welcome to join in. Please make sure you read everything that is to read. I'll also need to know what car you're going to use (see the link I gave you earlier today).

I'm going to check if there are any surprises about car choices.

Edit: 2 MP4-12C, 1 Z4 and 1 SCG have been replaced by four 488.

Last edited:
Excuse me but isn't the 488 part of the red dlc pack?! Coz i don't have it yet! Planning to get the season pass but it'll be another week at least to have it!

Hey great job with Maserati @WarriusZero
What was your laptime?

I love driving the old Maserati it's probably my fav car in the game! The first days I could find people to race online but not now...

I decided to challenge myself by trying to beat Fangio's 1957 German Grand Prix lap record of 9:17.5 at the 'ring.
I used the 6cylinder with a stock setup.

Check out my thread here;
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-beat-fangios-world-record.41770/#post-824408

Here's my attempt;

Cheers.

Hey great job with Maserati @WarriusZero
What was your laptime?

I love driving the old Maserati it's probably my fav car in the game! The first days I could find people to race online but not now...

I decided to challenge myself by trying to beat Fangio's 1957 German Grand Prix lap record of 9:17.5 at the 'ring.
I used the 6cylinder with a stock setup.

Check out my thread here;
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-beat-fangios-world-record.41770/#post-824408

Here's my attempt;

Cheers.

Very nice but why not using the PS4's sharing options? :confused:

Well, honestly I forgot to press record...
I have got a race saved where I went slightly slower 9:13 vs 9:12 in the vid in posted.
However the problem is that sharefactory or the PS4 or my network or something always fails when I try to upload the vid to YouTube, it's very frustrating.
So I ended up using my phone to record and upload...

I have a few good vids edited but I can't get them posted.

Well, honestly I forgot to press record...
I have got a race saved where I went slightly slower 9:13 vs 9:12 in the vid in posted.
However the problem is that sharefactory or the PS4 or my network or something always fails when I try to upload the vid to YouTube, it's very frustrating.
So I ended up using my phone to record and upload...

I have a few good vids edited but I can't get them posted.

Have you tried saving them to USB and then uploading from a PC or phone?
I have a similar problem, so I take stuff like this to work and upload there. ;)

JOB OFFER

Racing event organiser & host

We are a thriving a passionate team of like minded racers scattered around the world in a friendly community.
Join the GTPlanet's squad of sociable, good-natured and experienced race organisers, and enjoy an inconceivable sense of achievement.

About the role:

The Zero Cup offers a simple yet competitive racing experience, putting each participant's driving abilities to the fore thanks to the use of stock, and as often as possible, identical cars. Our moto is 'Closer is better than Faster'.
You will be able to inventively make the most of the tools put at your disposal by the development team, encouraging a positive spirit about your community and opportunities, and facilitating respect and bonhomie between drivers.

Recommended skills include:
- Decisiveness
- Ingenuity
- Ruthlessness (for kicking!)

Appropriate training will be provided as needed.

Desirable requirements:
Having already tasted what the Zero Cup is all about is preferable.

Hours of work:

These are more often than not up to you. You may want to proceed to some thorough testing or you may keep things simple by sticking to our proven recipe.

Pay and benefits:

Your reward will be the unreserved gratitude of your peers.
Occasional bonuses include fastest laps and victories. Apparently.

Sorry guys, I'm currently tidying my CV and covering letter ;)

Unless people's are still on around 10pm (GMT) :scared:

I catch you soon, hopefully... At which point I'll try a sneaky feint and go for the inside ;)

Laters, Hobbsy out.

Shame, hobbsy. Real shame you missed some great inches from bumper to bumper action. Think that has been the closest and cleanest of this series so far and I thought the Porsche Cayman Clubsport GT4 last week was close and fun.

Real shame there can be no trackside camera work on this version. :/

Cannot wait to get it on the PC though to replicate some of these races.

Oh and nearly forgot, gave a slight dunt/scrape to georgios red Audi bodywork. So shamed of myself as it is an awesome car.

I'd be happy to offer up a reference if you need one. :)

Can't promise it will be a good one though.

:D

Cheers dude... :P

Shame, hobbsy. Real shame you missed some great inches from bumper to bumper action. Think that has been the closest and cleanest of this series so far and I thought the Porsche Cayman Clubsport GT4 last week was close and fun.

Real shame there can be no trackside camera work on this version. :/

Cannot wait to get it on the PC though to replicate some of these races.

Oh and nearly forgot, gave a slight dunt/scrape to georgios red Audi bodywork. So shamed of myself as it is an awesome car.

Was there a healthy number of drivers in the end?

Also, I notice several names now that are/will be moving to PC. Will we still see you guys on the console version of the game, or will the openness and mod-ability suck you in and lose you forever.
I can imagine (for those that are interested) that the VR side of things for AC on PC is pretty awesome too. Just don't tell Brandon ;)

Laters :cheers:

Hello people! Thanks for accepting me into your nice group; I had much fun yesterday driving with you.
I should really practice to be able to compete and I'm looking forward to that!

Do you care to share your settings/setup for yesterday for example? I would like to know how each of you was driving.

For me, I race using a Logitech G29 on a DIY racing seat (used some of my son' baby feeding seat and fixed it to a camping chair); it's not so comfortable but i just can't really justify paying 400+$ for a playseat! Besides my house is super small! I considered the playseat Challenge; it cost 216$ on their website and will cost me like additional 200$ to ship it here, so i dropped the idea.

I drive on the built-in sequential shifter without a clutch!

FFB: 66%
Curbs: 11%
Road: 44%
Slip: 22%
US effect: Yes
H shifter: No

I drove cars yesterday with factory settings (ABS on, TC on).

I'll try to drive with ABS off and TC off, especially that i drive F1 2016 with all assists off and i rarely face issues! But this AC is much harder with many different cars so muscle memory adjustments is always needed!

Don't switch off TCS and ABS for the fast cars. They're used in real life. This isn't Codemasters physics. Factory is best left on but if you feel neccessary adjust them on track to help your driving/looseness of the car. Normally I drive without traction control but I found the conditions quite slippy at times last night. I had TCS set at 5 out of 10. Normally in good temperatures I'm on TCS 10 or off.

Remember setting one is the most aided.

Also try and get rid of the curb, road and slip feedback as they're fake exaggerated settings. I have them at 0 percent.

Understeer effect I drive without as it is too severe. It really is another over the top fake setting. One second you have all feeling to a non resisting wheel. With it off you can become used to the subtle changes when understeer/oversteer kicks in.

You want the feeling at all times. Subtle to severe.

Back