Zero Cup

• Thread starter WarriusZero
  • 3,148 comments
It actually is BST in the UK now. :D My PS3 didn't realise. :dunce: Thought I was in by 5 minutes; actually missed the start by 30 minutes.

Had finished watching a movie and then remembered this event. Didn't know what car to use but quickly saw from the entry list. My Miura has a wing from a @TRL_Andromeda tune so I didn't want to hold up the start of race 2.

It looked fun around Eiger! Classic car winding through alpine hairpins. Classic. Think I only missed the start by a little, as it wouldn't let me enter for about 30 seconds. (10 second entry countdown, grid camera then start procedure?)

Got in for Spa, a very different proposition. Did a couple of test laps before the race started. I was at the back. Had to wait quite a while after I tickled @Sutsagrd into a high speed wobble. Seemed to have great entry speed with DS3 so long as I started turning early and was ultra gentle with the brake.

@Sutsagrd said afterwards I didn't need to wait: he had recovered from the very minor nudge and lost it later in the turn by himself. Well, you have to assume responsibility in clean racing otherwise people lie about these things. "It looked like he lost it by himself so I carried on." Is the sort of excuse I see in other series where contact initiates a drawn-out fishtailing crash. (Possibly on purpose!)

Anyway, @Sutsagrd regained the strong pace he had shown for most of the Eiger race and dragged me up towards the leading group.

@Sparkz_360 threw a gentleman's yellow flag about halfway through. Top sporting behaviour. Spins and scenic detours lower down the field had spread us out a lot. The restart was a bit weird from my perspective. Even WRS rolling starts don't stick precisely to their speed limit and start line regulations. It's par for the course.

After a while I found myself moving up the other. Even led a lap or two towards the end! Was finding the very extreme grippy line at Spa, which helped this car a lot. @Sparkz_360 made a textbook outbraking move at the end of Kemel Straight to gain the lead on the last lap. Proud to say I anticipated it and set up a textbook cutback only to find @Sparkz_360 had retained perfect control and there was no way past. Very fine racing.

I got back past midway around the lap but wasn't sure it was clean, as there was contact to my outside. So I let the place go. Tried to keep hold of the car to claim 2nd on the slightly worn tyres and happily made it in one piece.

Entered the evening with no expectations, not even which car to drive! Finishing with a 2nd place in a Spa race that wasn't a boring procession was very refreshing. 👍

Last edited:
0 Cup
10th April 20:00BST
Ruf BTR
Tires: SS

Tracks:
1: Big Willow
2: Matterhorn Riffelsee
3: Trial Reverse

I suggest you all practice, this is one tricky german ****.

Porsche_930_Ruf_BTR_II_eBay_1418671146.jpg

@Sparkz_360 i have two requests if that's ok, 1) a european needs to host because last night i was racing and an american hosted and it was a disaster because i lagged so hard i had to forfeit.
2) please set race quality to three stars, again because of lag

Thanks a bunch

This fits in after my new job nicely. Should have time to eat dinner before racing next time.

I won with a zero stop at Matterhorn. Many crashes. Couldn't throw gents yellow flag after halfway because it would give away the pit stop I skipped. @LongbowX was just 1.5 secinds behind at the end!

Trial Mountain Reverse kept killing me through the final sequence. 1 stop might have been faster here. But only if I stayed on track more. It was like 2WD ice racing for the last couple of laps.

@Sparkz_360 It is difficult, no doubt. You can't use too much steering input, and you always have to brake as much as you can in a straight line. Stay a little bit on the throttle always in every corner, even on entry. That requires slowing more than normal. It's one of those cars that needs a completely different driving style.

I knew that I was speaking for myself (and only myself) with that comment. :lol:

I needs more suitable chair to make myself more comfortable, right now I'm using one of those office chairs and believe me it's not comfortable. Need to invest in one of those playseats. Quite pricey but it will be worth it, especially this year with all these new racing games coming out. (Yes that includes GT Sport :dopey:)

Sorry I missed you yesterday I'd liked to have had a rumble in the RUF.

I needs more suitable chair to make myself more comfortable,
My chair was also very uncomfortable so I scrapped it. I needed a office chair for my desk layout so I recently bought this chair. Very comfortable and well built. You can lock the tilt at different angles which is great with a wheel and peddles. I just left the wheels off to make it stable.

There's also this one which seemed to get good reviews too.

Yellow Bird

1: Matterhorn Rottenboden
2: Cape Ring Periphery
3: Green Hell (Nurb Nordschleife)

I'll be in Birmingham from today, will be back Monday afternoon. Going I60 (Insomnia) have fun with this thing.

1987-ruf-ctr-yellowbird-911-turbo-photo-548133-s-1280x782-jpg.640961

If anyone wants to host tonight feel free, i won't be able to tonight.

Back