Zero Cup

• Thread starter WarriusZero
  • 3,148 comments
Wow, that car is wild! Cannot use 100% steering with DS3. Great, finally get to use some steering finesse. After my 10 laps of practise in the room I realised tyre wear was a huge factor.

In the race I really tried to focus on keeping the car pointed forward, being gentle and saving the tyres. Survival race, not a sprint. It worked and I got a podium!

A couple of nibbles to my rear bumper during the race. I stuck with my steady corner entries as it was keeping me on the track.

That was Rome. The same patience paid off at Madrid. Sadly @mike2 span end of lap 1 and DC a few laps later. Fastest lap by miles.

Madrid is a track with massive grip at tight apex points. Have to follow exaggerated lines and that suits me. DS3 has advantage on these arm-twirling tracks, I'm sure.

Finally to Laguna Seca and we were down to just a few drivers. Sparks span and got collected by Longbow, DC soon after. As the room host that glitches visibility.

After some head-scratching we rejoined and 4 raced 15 minutes. I dropped back from 2nd to race with If, always,a pleasure. Wanted to wait for Goofy but If wasn't hanging around!

Thought lingbow might throw a gents yellow flag but that doesn't seem to happen any more. As I wasn't leading it didn't seem my place to write a message during the race.

If and I had a few laps together. Similar pace! Uktinatwly the DS3 twitch counter-steer wad too big an advantage and If let me by after sliding onto the home straight.

A fun evening with a tricky vehicle. It seemed to frustrate many due to the oversteer. I enjoyed using the middle 50% of the steering stick for once, regained a bit of input blending as the evening went on.

A tough combo and an enjoyable one, if taken with the right mindset. 👍

Last edited:
Wanted to wait for Goofy but If wasn't hanging around!
It would have been a good idea but Goofy wasn't showing on my zoomed in map so I wasn't sure where he was on track. Spinning around by all accounts. :P

I'd been running with SH tyres on the front which tamed the handling quite well on the street circuits but I think I should have swapped back to SM's all around at Laguna, it wouldn't turn in very well on the slicker surface.

Anyway, all fun again as usual.

Certainly Rome was a survival race, the unpredicableness was exasperated by the banking in the corners and the fact they tended to be in one direction. My mistake early made that worse for Rome, but eh. Can't be perfect haha.

In Madrid, I chose to drop to the back as the Reverse grid wasn't enforced. @mike2's pace was indeed impressive after he spun early, and it was unfortunate that he soon disconnected. After I worked my way up and got some clean air, I matched his best lap (okay, 0.020 slower, haha). The tires were not as big of a concern as only the first kink could be a problem with too much exuberance.

@BenMillard At Laguna, I considered throwing the GYF, but I saw there was racing going on on my map. I didn't want to break anyone's rhythm if it was an intense battle going on. I would have taken the suggestion though, I wouldn't have been bothered if you had said so. Even though, yes it is the leader's prerogative. There were only 4 people though, so less consequential.

Hmm, seems we didn't race the gorgeous 507 yet, so let's do that before it's too late:
⓪⸗CUP
20ᵀᴴ March 20:00 ZCT

BMW 507 '57
TIRES:COMFORT SOFT
☼ ☁ ☔
№1:ARICOT HILL REVERSE
№2:CIRCUTIO DE LA SIERRA
№3:NÜRBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE

See you there! :cheers:
BMW-507-TS-Roadster-1627_19.jpg

Hmm, seems we didn't race the gorgeous 507 yet, so let's do that before it's too late:
⓪⸗CUP
20ᵀᴴ March 20:00 ZCT

BMW 507 '57
TIRES:COMFORT SOFT
☼ ☁ ☔
№1:ARICOT HILL REVERSE
№2:CIRCUTIO DE LA SIERRA
№3:NÜRBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE

BMW-507-TS-Roadster-1627_19.jpg

lovely choice, going for a gran tour feel too with the long circuits. tho why it be too late?

Like I said in the room, I'm done with Zero Cup and GT6, it's just been frustration every time I show up and that's no good for anybody! I only get one time a week for racing anymore, and when it goes pear shaped because of factors outside my control almost every time, the fun really drains away. Much love to all my long-time fellow racers, and good luck with the rest of the run of Zero Cup. I can't afford things like new wheels or new systems or new games, so I probably won't see you on track anytime soon -- but I hope to someday!

It's been fun. Go fast, save fuel. <3!

Tough tracks - especially that last one...in Germany somewhere...can't recall anything of it...goes left a bit and then up, then down, right and such like.

I suggested that one or both of these tracks for next time: Oran Park, an ex V8 Supercar track in Oz that is a blast and a very realistic version.
Lime Rock Park, a US teack that features in many other PC sims. Again, very true to life and a great track.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/oran-park-rm-edition.5501/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/lime-rock-park.2157/

I am pleased to inform all of you that i passed my driving test today.
Congratulations @Sparkz_360, welcome to the jungle. ;)

And now to something completely different: I took over the hosting of the Zero Cup almost two years ago and it has been a wonderful time planning and hosting these events but as of recently (new job) i don't find enough time to fulfill all the host duties -- as you may have noticed the results of the last events are still waiting to be reviewed and to be posted. :guilty: So i decided to step down as Zero Cup host. Thanks to all fellow racers i have met, you made the Zero Cup enjoyable and thrilling! :bowdown: I'm sure we will meet on track again, be it in GT6 or on one of the PS4 racing titles (bought one recently... :mischievous:).
To end with a blast let's take the legendary Miura for the last event hosted by me:

⓪⸗CUP

3ᴿᴰ April 20:00 ZCT

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
TIRES:SPORTS HARD
☼ ☁ ☔
№1:MONZA 80'S
№2:EIGER NORDWAND SHORT REVERSE
№3:SPA FRANCORCHAMPS

Lamborghini-Miura-P400-Prototipo-37900.jpg

the last event hosted by me:
Sorry to hear that Tarn, you've been doing a grand job. Thanks for the time and effort you have put into keeping the Zero Cup running. 👍

Hopefully you can pop in occasionally and do a few laps if and when there is an event on. That's of course if your shiny new PS4 doesn't draw you away. ;)
(New wheel as well?)

Lamborghini Miura P400
That's going to empty the coffers! I'll send you the invoice. :)

Thanks Tarn.
Zero cup has been excellent. Thanks for hosting it and creating great car-track combos. Hopefully still see you around in other races on gt6.
I'm not moving to a PS4 until GTS or GT7 comes out!!

:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's an awesome experience racing with people all over the world, all sharing the same passion. :cheers:
I'll stick around, i'm just not hosting anymore. If anybody want's to continue, i'll be glad to help. 👍

Hopefully you can pop in occasionally and do a few laps if and when there is an event on. That's of course if your shiny new PS4 doesn't draw you away. ;)
(New wheel as well?)

Gifted me a T300 on Christmas, works well with GT6. Gotta get used to the stronger force feedback on the PS4 though. :crazy::D

Latest Posts

Back