ZiggedZag's Round4 Liveries

• Thread starter ziggedzag
  • 84 comments
Another Jag is still to come, but for now I want to post something that many of you won't expect... a car with black wheels. Yes, I do in fact hate "all black" wheels, however that doesn't mean that they can't be used attractively. In some applications they just fit, provided you put in some work in the photography department to showcase them correctly. My problem with all black wheels is that 99.9% of the time, you simply can't see them. Seems a shame to have a lovely wheel design and then effectively hide them from sight. Anyways, here is my Carbon Carrera. Matte carbon fiber paint, low opacity and semi gloss decals... shiny black wheels. :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've been having a blast running "Classics" around the 'Ring in the new menu book's race. This BMW feels like it is running on rails, soooo much fun to drive! Wish I could bump up the power a little though, that 580 limitation doesn't take advantage of the car's incredible handling. Oh well, at least I can make it look wicked fast. I've noticed a couple of little things I want to fix, and then I'll get a link up for the download.

GT7 Round4 89 M3

Last edited:
Finally finished up the Yahtzee car! I originally intended to use this one for the Games LEC, but was waiting on my bro-in-law to make a few decals for me. He finally got around to it, so here it is. There really isn't much to it as I wanted to keep it clean, with only Yahtzee and MB decals. It's more of an art car, than a race livery.

Last edited:
This is a modern adaptation of an old Camel GT livery on the '89 Z. Man, when these cars came out the people went crazy for them. I wanted one soooo bad, but my budget only allowed for a 240SX a few years later. Still as beautiful today as it was then, one of my neighbors currently has a nice one, and I'm very envious. I worked this one up in a couple of color combinations, the last pic showing it and the original inspiration.

Of all the liveries I've made, this is one of them lol. I'm not sure what it is, but I just can't get excited about it. The only good thing that came from it was a renewed appreciation for the superb R34 handling - give it a whirl if you haven't recently. Unfortunately it doesn't qualify for the new Historic 'Ring race, but I've found it more than adequate for several of the 700 events when tuned in the low 600's. Anyways, thanks PD for a mostly decent GT7... maybe that's the real reason I've struggled with this one ;).

GT7 Round4 PD R34

Last edited:
The Giulia is truly a blast on the track, I think this might be my favorite car so far. It doesn't hurt that I've loved their styling since the day they came out. No doubt then that I was going to work a livery for it asap. I've done it up in a HAAS theme in hopes that the rumors are true and they end up together in next year's F1. And an extra pic for XMAAS. ;)

GT7 HAAS Alfa

Is it wrong that I already have 3 Giulias? I don't think so. But that means 3 liveries right, well maybe just two and an alternate color of one (still working on the completely different one). Big thanks to @krisduv for the black/white Alfa dragon decal, it really brought the alt version together! And while many of you will know that I hate all black wheels... well, these are only mostly black.

GT7 HAAS Alfa Alt

And this is what I finally ended up with for the 80's LEC. I hadn't spent any time driving the new C8, but after working up the livery I took it for a spin. After getting the weight distribution 48/52 it turned out to be quite a nice ride. The design was inspired by old trapper keepers, or my memory of them anyways.

GT7 Snap-On C8

This was my entry in the B&W LEC. Though I did think about doing a little color elimination in the above Rousch GT, in the end I decided to create something new. I used the "Keep It Simple Stupid" method and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I wanted more of a 90's street look rather than a full fledged race car.

Haven't done an update to this page in a while, so I figured I'd use the 7/4 holiday off to post a big lot. First up will be a handful of contest entries, starting with the Imposter'd McLaren. Based on a Aston, this is my first ever Gulf inspired livery. I didn't want to go traditional, and this geometric design gives the traditional color palette a brand new look.

GT7 Imposter'd McLaren

The BAC Mono isn't a car that I'd spent much time driving... until now. Now I can't seem to get enough of it. If you've got VR, then I'm sure you love open tops already, this car is an absolute blast in VR. This was my entry in the Open Wheels LEC, though I'm not exactly sure it is that open wheeled. ;)

GT7 BAC Texaco

Last edited:
The last of the contest entries to post is my Pop Up LEC NSX. My dream car for the last 30 years, there's just something about an early NSX with the pop up lights and black roof treatment - especially in white. I imagined this one as a personal street/track day car that got stickered up for Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Rising sun on the pop ups, and a lightweight rear glass look finish off what is one of my favorite designs in a while.

GT7 Optima Invitational NSX

Last edited:
And finally for today, one that I just finished the tweaks on this morning. I remember when those WRX's with the big hood scoop were about the coolest thing going, and I was stoked to see their addition on the last update. Like most of my work, this is one started out as a design in search of a brand - the colors took me to Clarion.

GT7 Clarion WRX

I'll be honest, I never got into model building. I've got a few diecast car models - a couple of Hotwheels and a Maisto, but it was just never my thing. Too many other hobbies I guess, as a kid I was way more into guns than cars (still am for that matter). So this one was really just slapped together for the LEC. That said, I love how the color combo and basic design turned out.

GT7 Tamiya RX7

Back