GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
A bit of a noob question here guys but I'll post anyway in the hope of getting b answer.'
is it possible to customize your engine setups, drive trains springs dampers etc like forza. Don't mean to offend but I do not own prologue only played the time trial.

Thanks in advance.

Yes.

i got question, do you think at North American International Auto Show in Detroit will be PD? maybe they will give a realese day for North America and Europe for gt5?

Those MCs at the AGS competition were really talking nonsense. They don't have any idea of that Tokyo track and cars. What a shame.

Could you elaborate, because it sounded Greek (just a pun) to me and I don't understand Greek. I think I heard Audi mentioned early on and maybe something about a skyline..?? Could be the architecture.

Either that video is with standard physics or the race cars in GT5 will handle like they're on rails. Here's hoping for the latter. 👍

I have plans to get every car in the game. Tried it with GT4 but after a while couldn't be bothered. I started out by not selling anything I win.

So that's my plan for GT5, I will indeed "catch 'em all" this time round.

Also I was thinking about this a few months ago. Obviously (as always with GT because it's kinda important) the garage space will be larger than the amount of cars in the game. So if there's roughly 1,000 or so cars.. that means the garage space must be something along the lines of 2,000 or 3,000. So you can have every car in the game two or three times over. That's a heck of a lot of cars.

Except for a real driving simulation game,
it's certainly a sort of collecters game.
I'm looking forward to get every car, test it, compare it too others of its kind.. etc.
It will take YEARSSSSS... certainly because I have never the occasion to drive longer than 2hours a day. But I will love it.. grr

Could you elaborate, because it sounded Greek (just a pun) to me and I don't understand Greek. I think I heard Audi mentioned early on and maybe something about a skyline..?? Could be the architecture.

Either that video is with standard physics or the race cars in GT5 will handle like they're on rails. Here's hoping for the latter. 👍

Well, that was Asia Game Show, and it was held in Hong Kong. So the language they were speaking was Cantonese (Chinese). ;)

All they were saying was like, "oh dear, the fastest time currently is 2'07, people now can't drive too well, as they are all watching the laptime counter.. blah... I finally realize why I'm driving so slow in GT, 'cause I'm always cruising around to see the beautiful landscape/environment in the game... blah blah blah... no, you must be watching the girls nearby!... now we can see the contestant is driving along the driving line... blah blah blah..."

And the car they're driving was the Subaru Impreza Rally Car, with R1 tyres. :)

Last edited:
So the official date for GT PSP was announced about 4 months before it's official release. With a worldwide release date, but I think it might've been a week apart or something?

And screens started to come out around the time it was announced?

So whats the deal with GT5? It's beyond apparent they just wanted to shove it out and get it out of their way, but there's got to be more to let us know or this March in Japan thing is going to turn into June in Japan

So the official date for GT PSP was announced about 4 months before it's official release. With a worldwide release date, but I think it might've been a week apart or something?

And screens started to come out around the time it was announced?

So whats the deal with GT5? It's beyond apparent they just wanted to shove it out and get it out of their way, but there's got to be more to let us know or this March in Japan thing is going to turn into June in Japan

It is strange, there still isn't any solid release date even in Japan (sometime in march isnt a date). Something odd is going on.

I am getting tired of friends asking me when GT5 is coming (they like GT and will buy it on release date but don't follow it) and I can never give them any real idea, just shrug my shoulders.

All they were saying was like, .. blah... ... blah blah blah..."

Thanks for clearing that up. :)
I was hoping for something more technical.
I'm surprised that no real information about GT5 was given. :rolleyes:

And I too drive around looking at the scenery........ NOT. :P

Thanks for clearing that up. :)
I was hoping for something more technical.
I'm surprised that no real information about GT5 was given. :rolleyes:

And I too drive around looking at the scenery........ NOT. :P

You're welcome mate. 👍

All Kaz was saying in the show were already been presented since TGS, the only new thing to us was the "new" GT5 trailer. :dopey:

what about secret damage trailer..The trailer was showed behind closed doors..I think PD doesnt care about us.Everyone played GT5 drove at Ring without us but i believe we ll be winner in the last.
cant wait put my hands that copy.

Wow, we thought we were going to hear some impressive news at TGS, and that was THREE months ago. Nothing really changed since then...can you believe that?
New year, new announcements?

I just wish PD to release the Tokyo Track demo for us to play for the wait.... I wanna try more of the new physics with different cars. :D

Back