GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Hope the new game is Tourist Trophy 2.
This time with Isle of Men and more bikes with 250cc 2 strokes.

No. Motor bike game is not necessary. They should definitely make another GT game. Hope at TGS or even Gamescom they announce what they are doing :grumpy:

Where are you guys getting this info about them actually working on something?

No. Motor bike game is not necessary. They should definitely make another GT game. Hope at TGS or even Gamescom they announce what they are doing :grumpy:

A motorcycle game is absolutely necessary. Well, as much as any video game can be, anyway.
Tourist Trophy was excellent, I'd love to see where they take it next.

:@:RACECAR there's a thread about a rumoured new project for PD, to be completed by 2012. Although, it was supposed to be announced at E3. Which is where the top of this page comes in.
EDIT: here. (You've probably seen it!)

Last edited:
@RACECAR there's a thread about a rumoured new project for PD, to be completed by 2012. Although, it was supposed to be announced at E3. Which is where the top of this page comes in.

Just read it. Obviously given that no announcements have been made at E3, that rumor is more then likely, false.

Where are you guys getting this info about them actually working on something?

They must be doing something in the offices about the next game. They just haven't announced doesn't mean they are not doing anything.

A motorcycle game is absolutely necessary. Well, as much as any video game can be, anyway.
Tourist Trophy was excellent, I'd love to see where they take it next.

:@:RACECAR there's a thread about a rumoured new project for PD, to be completed by 2012. Although, it was supposed to be announced at E3. Which is where the top of this page comes in.

I don't think there is any demand for it. They should stick with cars. May be they include few motorbikes :rolleyes: but not a complete dedicated game on it.

I don't think there is any demand for it. They should stick with cars.

Then you really haven't been in this forum for a while. There was a thread where a lot of people demanded Bikes on GT5

They will just add to GT game may be. They can also do it on PSV instead with sixaxis support or something. Surely they do not have time to make a complete game and also look after GT. They should just concetrate on one franchise

I don't think there is any demand for it. They should stick with cars. May be they include few motorbikes :rolleyes: but not a complete dedicated game on it.

You mustn't confuse your lack of interest with general demand, the original Tourist Trophy sold quite well, maybe not as much a regular GT-title but still.
There are also other bike titles for consoles such as the Moto GP and SBK series which also sell plenty so there's a demand for a dedicated bike sim.

The physics of the original TT (despite its flaws) still stands head and shoulders above both the more recent Moto GP and SBK titles in my opinion so I totally agree with Griffith500 that a new TT is desired and that there will be a demand for it.
Being a DS3 user I even wouldn't mind if (a lot of) bikes were added to GT5 as for me that would be quite convenient although a dedicated new game perhaps is the more obvious and plausible proposition.

I hope they stick to cars and GT5, GT6, etc, and forget about bikes. If GT5 was the complete game everyone wanted and it was early or on time I might think differently. GT5 was late and incomplete, therefore they don't have the ability to work on TT without it negatively affecting the development of GT

Last night, I completed the Grand Tour races. Let me tell you- this was WELL executed by Polyphony Digital! It is a bit unusual to see cut scenes in a Gran Turismo game. However, it's just exciting how much character is shown by going from one car to another. It is also nice how the five venues (as well as the four Photo Travel locations) are connected to each other as part of one lovely tour. It is the first Special Event series I've cleared. I wonder if in the future, PD may try something similar for the United States and maybe Japan?

So far, my favorite car to race is the Lotus Evora. Ever since that license test where you race an Evora on the streets of London, I've become accustomed to the appeal and power of the Evora. VERY fun to drive car. When I bought that car for 100K Credits, I somehow was able to get the "High Roller" trophy. One thing I have to remember about GT5 is that no matter what color your car is, you can change its color (granted it isn't a race car or something). My usual inclination is to get cars in blue because blue is my favorite color. I bought a Honda Fit/Jazz/City in Eternal Blue Pearl and used it to paint up my Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero after Race Modifying it (it is my first Race Modified car). I then used a gold color to paint the wheels. So I made my own customary blue and gold car.

One other comment... this is the best driving model of any Gran Turismo I've ever played. Never before have I actually enjoyed drifting and be better able to drift in any GT game. GT4 usually have the car snap on you as you try to go sideways. Then again, GT4's driving model just didn't allow you to really wring out the true performance of your car. This GT is much different. You can afford to be more aggressive without penalty in GT5.

Pretty cool experience so far. I just wish I was better able to race Lamborghinis. They can be very unstable to race in this game. You'll know what I'm talking about especially when you do the International A license final test. So I don't forget... I also enjoy the Museum feature as well as the free stuff just for logging in. Free is always great, right?

Last edited:
You mustn't confuse your lack of interest with general demand, the original Tourist Trophy sold quite well, maybe not as much a regular GT-title but still.
There are also other bike titles for consoles such as the Moto GP and SBK series which also sell plenty so there's a demand for a dedicated bike sim.

The physics of the original TT (despite its flaws) still stands head and shoulders above both the more recent Moto GP and SBK titles in my opinion so I totally agree with Griffith500 that a new TT is desired and that there will be a demand for it.
Being a DS3 user I even wouldn't mind if (a lot of) bikes were added to GT5 as for me that would be quite convenient although a dedicated new game perhaps is the more obvious and plausible proposition.

Sony announced Sly 4 an old franchise of PS2 game due to the fans request at E3 and it is made by other developer not Sucker Punch. Because they are making other new game called Infamous.

Same can happen to tourist trophy. May be evolution studio, who make motorstorm will try to make a sim motorbike game not PD. I do not think they have time for 2 different games.

Sony announced Sly 4 an old franchise of PS2 game due to the fans request at E3 and it is made by other developer not Sucker Punch. Because they are making other new game called Infamous.

Same can happen to tourist trophy. May be evolution studio, who make motorstorm will try to make a sim motorbike game not PD. I do not think they have time for 2 different games.

Well, presumably, by this November, GT5 will be where it should have been at launch (that is, it should have been launched this year, if Kaz had got his way). That means that there's plenty of time to throw out something new, a whole year in fact. TT took 13 months to surface after GT4, largely because it re-used a lot of the GT4 assets, but it was also made by a smaller team. No doubt, a sequel (if one should appear) would do the same with GT5's assets.

Who knows? We don't.

I would rather TT2 to be a plugin for GT5. I say this for various reasons.

I think TT2 would be able to shift more copies if it was DLC within GT5 as most TT2 buyers would already be GT5 players. PD should release a small DLC with a limited number of bikes and events for the bikes to compete in and make this available to GT5 players and playable within the GT5 game/universe. Then after this, a full paid game should be integrated into GT5 where the bikes have their own events. Bikes would be accessible through the GT5 garage and sorted just like we can currently with standard and premiums. etc. I think it may even be possible to actually implement a seasonal event using bikes, this would be a good marketing ploy by PD. KY did mention that bikes could be added, and the GT5 physics engine is ready and available to make it work.

Within the GT5/TT world events for bikes and cars should be kept separate with the ability to mix the 2 either online or in arcade mode or in time trial mode to race car vs. bike ghosts laps. For the true Nurburgring experience to have the option of having bikes and cars on the same track would be good fun.

I know many GT5 purist don’t' like the above idea, but if TT2 was implemented into GT5 correctly, i think it won’t be a problem and many would actually warm to the idea.

I agree though, before this happens if it ever does, GT5 still needs work to include all of the many features that we feel are missing, as well as fixing bugs that still exist.

I think GT6 will actually be the GT5 we should have got.

(sorry if a little off topic)

I noted in my GT blog that a possibility for motorcycles in GT would be possible unless the Tourist Trophy franchise were to continue. So I wouldn't be too surprised if motorcycles were included in the future as an add-on or something.

Right now, I'm doing the Super License tests. Much different experience than from the past GTs with Super License tests. Funny thing is, I've only used the demo run for just one test so far (the National A license final). It is that "easy to learn, difficult to master" deal present like in GT4.

And a hell of a lot more said 'no thanks'.

I got the impression that Kaz was surprised by the suggestion, too. Although the GT:HD, microtransaction edition, might have had bikes. There was a demonstration version with both cars and bikes. But that didn't happen, so who knows where it would have gone.

I think if they were to continue with bikes, it would be as a separate game. Then again, the in-game and online architecture of GT5 could probably deal with "filtering" bikes, too. It depends how it's handled as to whether it becomes a nuisance to those anti-bikes. Much like those who are anti-standards.

I got the impression that Kaz was surprised by the suggestion, too. Although the GT:HD, microtransaction edition, might have had bikes. There was a demonstration version with both cars and bikes. But that didn't happen, so who knows where it would have gone.

I think if they were to continue with bikes, it would be as a separate game. Then again, the in-game and online architecture of GT5 could probably deal with "filtering" bikes, too. It depends how it's handled as to whether it becomes a nuisance to those anti-bikes. Much like those who are anti-standards.

This, if bikes were to be added you can simply choose not to use them (or perhaps don't buy the add on) and there's always the filter for online use to make sure it's only car versus car, bike versus bike or allow a car versus bike trackday kind of thing on for example the Nordschleife (where it happens in real life too).
A simple 'no bikes' (or 'no cars') box to tick or a 'allow bikes (cars)' or 'only bikes (cars)' would probably suffice.
Although since a game like TT2 would also attract purely those interested in bikes only who would need to invest in a car game (and add on) it would make sense to offer a standalone title.
Not sure it could be possible to do both, offer a full TT game and an add on with the same content for GT5 which can be linked online (race bikes online together, both those who bought TT2 and GT5), since the main base of the game would be largely the same.
Kaz did express to have no interest in bikes personally, maybe that's the reason he was surprised, he also didn't have much interest in damage, skidmarks, etc. for a long time though.

That does not prevent PD from completely wasting resources on bikes instead of cars. TT2 made by PD = waste of time and effort. TT2 farmed out to another team = PD spending their time on GT.

That does not prevent PD from completely wasting resources on bikes instead of cars. TT2 made by PD = waste of time and effort. TT2 farmed out to another team = PD spending their time on GT.

That depends on whether you think spending time and resources on bikes is a waste, I don't.
However there's only so much any team can do, although with GT5's main structure apparantly already being capable of running bikes the modelling of those bikes probably takes the most time.
As do Premium cars (did they outsource some of those too as rumoured?).
Kaz already plans to eventually make another type of game totally unrelated to driving (or riding) games, the same logic would apply there.

According to a Contributing Editor from SCEF (Sony Computer Entertainment France) GT5 DLC should arrive.

Indeed a player asked him: "Do you have any news on futur DL (downloads) for GT5, they said it will be released for everyone (Japanese,Us & Eu) when the PSN will be restored ?

He answered: "Polyphony has already started with the new updtade, DLC's should follow."

What do you think ?

Last edited:
According to a Contributing Editor from SCEF (Sony Computer Entertainment France) GT5 DLC should arrive.

Indeed a player asked him: "Do you have any news on futur DL (downloads) for GT5, they said it will be released for everyone (Japanese,Us & Eu) when the PSN will be restored ?

He answered: "Polyphony has already started with the new updtade, DLC's should follow."

What do you think ?

Thats great! I think their DLC takes time because they are not only modelling every detalis of the cars, they are also calculating each car's physics transferring data from real cars to the virtual ones and that takes a lot of coding.

Last edited:

What do you think ?

Just to say something obvious... That would really be great!
a 20 new Skyline DLC ... I can't wait... :lol:
I hope for some new RM and a couple of new tracks (SPA please... please...)

Last edited:

What do you think ?

I think that I will not buy the dlc. Especially if that dlc was something that was supposed to be in the game from the beginning.

I think that I will not buy the dlc. Especially if that dlc was something that was supposed to be in the game from the beginning.
I feel the same when DLC arrives within a few weeks of a game coming out, but I don't feel that way when the first DLC is 7+ months after release.

I will buy any DLC PD offers but I won't believe any exists until I see an official announcement.

I looked for this type of thread. I am pretty shure it exists, it is just beyond my control to reach it. Please, feel free to move this post there and thank you.

The GT series games have been a part of my main game playing experience since the release of GT 1. I am begging for the drag racing type tracks. They dont even have to be anything fancy. I just need it time my cars from point a to point b in a straight line. They were essential for me to tune my cars. We all have our ways and that was one of my tools.

- I saw a lot of great ideas in this post/ the following either supports those or brings new ideas

- Drag racing/test track

- include records keeping

- Change rims/wheel size on any car

- Paint any car

- Remove the credit limit (20 Mil is silly when all the pro cars cost millions to purchase)

- Sell any car to anyone.

- Option to enter a race and adjust the car settings to bring the car into the legal range. I hate having to go back to the garage and adjust everything, then enter the race again.

- Either a team concept for the endurance races or a pause type function. Even the proffesionals dont spend 24 straight hours driving.

- It seems that PD is limiting options so that people will not cheat/glitch their way to victory. Who cares, some of the cheats are fun to play around with. I used a Code breaker to put a Skyline moter in a Fiat 500. The car was soo fast that the game couldnt keep up and would send you backwards if you went too fast (+400mph). It was a blast. If someone cheats from the beginning, then they probably are not that interested in the game and they will fade away. Online cheaters suck unless it is implied or they dont hide that they are cheating/hacking. Diable on-line comes to mind, some of the cheats/hacks were awesome to run around and have fun with, but it was known that you would have these in the open servers. If PD is that concerned then do what Blizzard did, have closed servers with no information stored where any one can hack it. Quit spending so mutch effort to try and stop people from doing it and spend more time advancing the game.

I love GT and probably always will. I think PD is doing a great job. Re-focus and lets get back to racing.

Thanks for listnening.

Back