◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,819 comments
I would like to join please!

If I could get the color combo of Blue on Black with the number 89 that would be awesome!

Hi Whitlock9mm,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Thanks Skills! I'll start running the TT right now :) And by now I mean after I get some food, just in case kcheeb ends up expecting a PM from me still tonight :P

Starting :)

Last edited:
I dislike MRLS :P Is there a reason ya'll chose to go with such a grippy tire for the tt?

Oh and I'm done :P just checking to make sure my fast was clean, and then sending the pm :)

I dislike MRLS :P Is there a reason ya'll chose to go with such a grippy tire for the tt?

Oh and I'm done :P just checking to make sure my fast was clean, and then sending the pm :)

We used to use grippier tires, but early on we adjusted them (twice). To keep the sacred data (poking kcheeb) consistent, we did not alter the variables.

We used to use grippier tires, but early on we adjusted them (twice). To keep the sacred data (poking kcheeb) consistent, we did not alter the variables.

All bow down to the altar that is data :lol:

Handlebar has it right, we've got nearly 245 time trials to use to get drivers into the correct division. If we changed any of the variables, we'd have to start over again :(

And while new data is always good :) getting drivers into the correct division is more important 👍

The Pit Board

9161929825_b852361668.jpg

Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
Bruce Lee

It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character.
Dale Turner

Le Mans is such a great race because you can never do anything alone. You have to work as a team member. And being a team member makes you a better person.
Tom Kristensen

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Another awesome edition of the Pit Board exo 👍

Only problem with it is you getting me anticipating next weeks :)

Last edited:
1 more PS3 and 2 more tv screens or a PS4? I am so torn on which to spend my money on.:crazy:

Id do triples. I only say that because I plan on doing triples though. If gt6 had gone to ps4 if probably be singing a different tune though. my thinking is that gt its by far my most played (only played) game. Gt6 will then take its place. So I'll build and plan for that. Then a year our so later I may invest in a ps4. Depends on what the racing scene looks like for it.

Exo, another great pit board man!

I'd like to run with you guys. Am I cool enough? :P Probably can't make it this week, but I bought the 3 cars anyways.

Also, I'm really bored and would love to run the time trial right now.... :P

Welcome to Snail, but only the cool kids get access to the cool kids club! LOL
:crazy:

Hey S.N.A.I.L.s,

I'm not available for most of the rest of the day. I'm going to go down to one of the hardest hit areas to lend a hand. I'll be back home later today to catch up with anything that needs tending 👍

If anyone is interested in what's been happening over the last week in my home town, here's a Flickr group with pictures people have taken of the flood devastation and cleanup work.

Cheers,

kcheeb

Welcome to Snail, but only the cool kids get access to the cool kids club! LOL
:crazy:
I shall start my rigorous training and strict disciplinary life style so that ONE DAY I can qualify :P

All bow down to the altar that is data :lol:

Handlebar has it right, we've got nearly 245 time trials to use to get drivers into the correct division. If we changed any of the variables, we'd have to start over again :(

Makes sense :) Well I'm glad to hear it's consistent :D Gotta run some errands, but I'd love to practice tonight :)

Good luck out there cheeb. We have had some flooding too but most of it has been out east of usand nothing as bad as you guys have. Glad to see so much of the community helping out.

It seems that I'll probably miss the races tomorrow. I have some out-of-town relatives to entertain. Good luck everyone! 👍

I will be out for tomorrow night. I have to umpire three games in what is supposed to be 111 degree heat. I will not feel like doing anything after that. I will also miss July 7 and July 21 due to the holiday weekend and a basketball trip to Las Vegas respectively.

Doesn't look like I will be home tomorrow in time for the races. Just as well since I haven't been home much this week and would just drive like Crap.

I've put my F1 league racing on hold for 6-8 weeks. Might have to officially go on hold status here too.

Edit: I'm in Kingston next week for a soccer tournament and probably not make it home in time for racing. My new contract has me working out of town almost every day including weekends. Even thinking about racing Sunday nights is starting to stress me out. If I can't make it tomorrow night, I'm gonna take 2 months off of the weekend stuff and avoid thinking about it.

Last edited:
I will be racing on Sunday (tomorrow).

I will miss the following two Sundays - 7/6 and 7/13.

D5, please help CMBeal317 in the lounge, and we may need a replay uploader for D5, and an alternative for D4 Steward duties on those days. After posting any complaints this week, and I am hopeful for few or none, I will not be able to review anything. My parents do not have a PS3.

Good luck out there cheeb. We have had some flooding too but most of it has been out east of usand nothing as bad as you guys have. Glad to see so much of the community helping out.

Thanks Rally, hopefully it stays that way for you guys!

It was a very gratifying but sobering day. We were gutting the main floor of a couple of apartment buildings. Everything went, drywall, counters, fridges, stoves, microwaves, sound systems ... The only thing left was the 2 X 4 studs.

I really feel for the people that lived there.

Schmiggy is one happy dude right now because I'm at my dear cousin Dave's weding, tomorrow i'll be racing with the best people on gt5 and monday i'm flying to Portugal to a very deserved 3 week vacation.

Schmiggz
Schmiggy is one happy dude right now because I'm at my dear cousin Dave's weding, tomorrow i'll be racing with the best people on gt5 and monday i'm flying to Portugal to a very deserved 3 week vacation.

I'm so jealous. Where are you staying? I haven't been back there in 12 years.

I'm so jealous. Where are you staying? I haven't been back there in 12 years.

We will be in the Algarve for the first week enjoying the beach, the sun anwomen in topless, then Porto for a week, my hometown and then Sintra, Carla's hometown for the last week with some costa da caparica beach in between till we fly back to Canada.

I will be racing on Sunday (tomorrow).

I will miss the following two Sundays - 7/6 and 7/13.

D5, please help CMBeal317 in the lounge, and we may need a replay uploader for D5, and an alternative for D4 Steward duties on those days. After posting any complaints this week, and I am hopeful for few or none, I will not be able to review anything. My parents do not have a PS3.

I'll be able to take care of the replays! Just need to find someone who's got a little more experience than me with any complaints that might pop up. Hope you have a good time Handle!

cmbeal317

Schmiggz
We will be in the Algarve for the first week enjoying the beach, the sun anwomen in topless, then Porto for a week, my hometown and then Sintra, Carla's hometown for the last week with some costa da caparica beach in between till we fly back to Canada.

Perfect vacation. If Carla is from Sintra she might know my family as we have a long history there. Are you familiar with the market square behind the bed and breakfast / cafe? I spent many days of my youth climbing the hills to the Castelo da Pena and the Moors old castle ruins. My father was from Sintra and eventually played for Sporting in the 50s.

Back