◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
So I finally get some free time and I anxiously turn on my PS3 to practice the combos for tomorrow night. I look at my tv screen for about a minute which is an unusually long time for the graphics to appear on the screen. I then turn to look at the PS3 to see if I had actually turned it on. The PS3 was on alright... but it did not have it's usual beautiful red or blue light being displayed. No sir, the light it was showing was the most horrific color I had ever seen. This light ... was yellow.

WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

albteman015
So I finally get some free time and I anxiously turn on my PS3 to practice the combos for tomorrow night. I look at my tv screen for about a minute which is an unusually long time for the graphics to appear on the screen. I then turn to look at the PS3 to see if I had actually turned it on. The PS3 was on alright... but it did not have it's usual beautiful red or blue light being displayed. No sir, the light it was showing was the most horrific color I had ever seen. This light ... was yellow.

Nooooo ... My brothers did that. We found a guy on Kijiji that fixed it for 50 bucks. Maybe there's someone in your area that can get you going?

Nooooo ... My brothers did that. We found a guy on Kijiji that fixed it for 50 bucks. Maybe there's someone in your area that can get you going?

I have a friend that can do it for me. He is on vacation right now though and I'm not sure when he is coming back. Well I got free three month subscription to iRacing so might as well start using that now.

You are a nice guy... That's your first mistake! :sly:

I'm going to Watkins Glen for the Sahlens six hour race, then fishing at Seneca Lake. I might be late or not even make it at all.

You will have to give a report on how the race went. I almost went. Catch a monster laker!

And shmiggz don't get busted by customs for smuggling linguisa sausage.

All these vacations you guys are going on... So are we! About to be headed up and over to Petoski to go camping for the week. Headed to traverse city during that time for the cherry festival. Otherwise it's beer bbq and good times, oh and disc golf.

Thanks! 👍

Always fun when respectful and fast drivers like yourself join.

Thanks Z, although I wasn't always that way truth be told. However, that is who I am & how I drive now thanks to a new mindset. I hope over the past few months I have demonstrated that to the fellow snails here who have either seen it or heard about my racecraft. I can list several but I don't want to shine that spotlight without their permission.

I have raced with you and several other snails in public the same as in practice Friday, and every public/practice prior to Friday.

I would like to be reinstated. I hope that becomes a reality soon. I have thoroughly enjoyed the close, incident free, racing over the past few months. Now that I have a different perspective & mindset (hold position, hold line, pass with caution, & 1st is not the most important) it is far more enjoyable for me as well as my fellow snails.

Luv2Coach
Thanks Z, although I wasn't always that way truth be told. However, that is who I am & how I drive now thanks to a new mindset. I hope over the past few months I have demonstrated that to the fellow snails here who have either seen it or heard about my racecraft. I can list several but I don't want to shine that spotlight without their permission.

I have raced with you and several other snails in public the same as in practice Friday, and every public/practice prior to Friday.

I would like to be reinstated. I hope that becomes a reality soon. I have thoroughly enjoyed the close, incident free, racing over the past few months. Now that I have a different perspective & mindset (hold position, hold line, pass with caution, & 1st is not the most important) it is far more enjoyable for me as well as my fellow snails.

I have raced with coach in several open lobbies, and in some of our snail practices and hes always raced clean. I dont know the circumsatances surrounding his ban, but I feel he is a benefit to this racing league. If he had been rough in the past im sure hes been working to improve that. Anyway just my two cents. See yall tonight.

I have raced with coach in several open lobbies, and in some of our snail practices and hes always raced clean. I dont know the circumsatances surrounding his ban, but I feel he is a benefit to this racing league. If he had been rough in the past im sure hes been working to improve that. Anyway just my two cents. See yall tonight.

During the Friday open lobby practice session I hosted, I was following LuvCoach and Chatva battle it out for 4 or 5 laps of close clean racing at Deep Forest; I cannot opine as to the reason he got banned as I did not race on that division or saw any race incidents; however he has displayed good race craft during practice sessions and fostering the true Snail Spirit of Racing.

I noticed D3 still races at 10pm. I forget which of the population had to have a 9:30pm start time but I was curious if D2 still needed the 9:30pm start? It would be splendid to go back to 10pm. I could resume hosting duties since my connection is 90 down, 35 up.

If not, no biggie. I will be sporadic at the 9:30pm start but almost guaranteed at the 10pm start.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. But 10pm would be splendiferous ;)

It's only been 7 weeks since the 2nd ban. Not quite a few months yet...
My fault. Meant a couple. Where I come from a couple and a few are basically the same. Didn't mean to be misunderstood. Sorry bout that. I thought it was 7-8 weeks but didn't want to mis-speak there either. :scared:

Speaking of vacation I just got back from my own brief one. I rode my motorcycle from Kansas city to Pineville Arkansas so I could ride the good stuff. I had the pleasant surprise of getting to ride my dad's bike :) 06 Vrod was mine all weekend!!! Then I found out a family reunion was in Branson this weekend so I rode there and back yesterday. Just got home today and I'm freaking exhausted. I think I put just over 400 miles under my belt in less than three days :dopey: I might feel like I'm going to die, but I had the best riding of my life and got to see my favorite side of the family for the first time in years. Totally worth it 👍

And uhh don't expect me to be very competitive tonight. I've been sitting on my couch for thirty minutes and I'm still vibrating.

Not sure ill be holding the Enduro practice races tonight before the main event. My neck is jacked up and trying to preserve myself for the main event. Gonna jump on shortly into D1 and run some laps on Combo 3. If it doesn't give me to much hassle then I shall be doing the Enduro.

If anyone wants to host it that would be great. Then I could join in if I'm up for it.

Thanks

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

GumballCGT / GumballCGT
  • Race 5 incident
    Level 2 - 6 points and 2 weeks probation
Division 4

Edwin42 / edwin1017
  • Race 5 incident
    Level 2 - 6 points
  • Race 5 incident
    Level 1 -5 points
    Total -11 points and 3 weeks probation

Division 5

Fabricio98 / Fabricio98
  • Race 2 ghosting penalty (ghosting through another driver mid corner) -1 point
  • Race 2 incident
    Level 2 -6 points
  • Race 3 incident
    Level 2 -6 points
    Total -13 points doubled to -26 points and 6 weeks probation

nerf058 / nerf058
  • Race 1 incident
    Level 2 -6 points
  • Race 3 incident
    Level 2 -6 points
  • Race 6 incident
    Level 2 -6 points
    Total -18 points and 6 weeks probation

FFBBS
  • Race 4 incident
screaming chief / SCREAMING_CHIEF
  • Race 4 incident
raymann500 / raymann500
  • Race 6 incident
    Level 2 - 6 points
  • Race 6 incident
    Level 1 - 3 points
    Total 9 points and 3 weeks probation

Big thanks to handlebar, JLBowler, and hillracing for literally hours spent on reviewing replays for D5. I know there was a lot of lag in all the divisions last week, but there was enough seen to raise concern about the racecraft of several newer drivers in D5. Please take care to avoid any further actions from the stewards.

This will also likely be my last Steward's Post for a while. Need to take 6-8 weeks off from racing to focus on work and family. It's been an honour serving the SNAIL community. I'm already looking forward to returning in Sept. to the number one league on GTPlanet!

Have a great night of racing and a fun, safe summer.

Oshawa-Joe

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Last edited:
I want to join... how is procediment?

PSN ID: GTP_XR_RACER_11

Hi GTP_XR_RACER_11,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Your Steward Report for the Week

Big thanks to handlebar, JLBowler, and hillracing for literally hours spent on reviewing replays for D5. I know there was a lot of lag in all the divisions last week, but there was enough seen to raise concern about the racecraft of several newer drivers in D5. Please take care to avoid any further actions from the stewards.

This will also likely be my last Steward's Post for a while. Need to take 6-8 weeks off from racing to focus on work and family. It's been an honour serving the SNAIL community. I'm already looking forward to returning in Sept. to the number one league on GTPlanet!

Have a great night of racing and a fun, safe summer.

Oshawa-Joe

Joe,
Thanks for Steward Report. I appreciate the time, effort, and sacrifice that you devote to S.N.A.I.L. Hopefully things will settle down soon for you. I'd also like to give a huge thanks to Handlebar, JLBowler, and hillracing for conquering this weeks complaints. Well done, guys! :cheers:

EDIT: The results post has been updated with the penalties ruled on by the stewards.

Last edited:
June 30, 2013 lineup:

ROUND ONE
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 (Racing Hard tires)
@Deep Forest Raceway (8 laps)

IntegraRM_DeepForest_zpsce3017a6.jpg

ROUND TWO
Lotus Esprit V8 '02 (Sports Medium tires)
@Road Course - Daytona (5 laps)

Espritv8_DaytonaRCv2_zps8476ea03.jpg

ROUND THREE
Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (Sports Soft tires)
@Grand Valley East (9 laps)

380RS_GVE_zpsaac88152.jpg

Looking foreward for racing tonight as it will be the last before a 3 week hiatus. The integra Rm combo is nothing special but the other 2 are just sick...love it.
Now i think its time for master Zero to make his comeback. I miss that white body red rims typhoon on the track :)

Back