◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,007 comments
Preordered through GameStop so I will have GT6 on release date. I too will be taking the day off.

Will there be a new time trial and new division placements or will everyone remain in the division they are in through the end of December?

The new physics could make some drivers faster and others slower. Just a thought.

i can ask. i have a friend who is one of the top 32.
I am sure they all had to sign a confidentiality agreement. I wouldn't want to put any ones chances at winning in trouble because they talked about it. It is after all a reality show now.

Chiochan
I am sure they all had to sign a confidentiality agreement. I wouldn't want to put any ones chances at winning in trouble because they talked about it. It is after all a reality show now.

We can't say any details of what happened but what they show on the Facebook page. Keep your eyes on it. I can say I had a blast though. Was so cool to meet all the SNAILs that made it here. We have an amazing group of not just sim racers but people in this group. Proud to be a SNAIL.

Regarding GT6, I don't think the new physics engine is going to affect anyone adversely or in such a way as to inhibit game progress or online ability.

After doing a little of the Academy demo I didn't notice anything SO much different as to make a car less controllable.

The big hurdle for me will be getting enough time to learn the new interface, menus, features and THEN start playing enough to fill my garage. All of this during a busy Christmas season where family time is at a premium.

I don't think actual driving physics will have anything to do with anything. It's learning the game and building the garage that is the hurdle.

I will also be preordering within the next week or so. So I am a launch day player! But I think finishing out the year on gt5 isnt a bad idea. This will give everyone ample time to really learn all the nuts and bolts, and build up a bit of a credit kitty. We can use weekly series to smooth over transition efforts for running a series with the new interface as well.

We can't say any details of what happened but what they show on the Facebook page. Keep your eyes on it. I can say I had a blast though. Was so cool to meet all the SNAILs that made it here. We have an amazing group of not just sim racers but people in this group. Proud to be a SNAIL.

Gt academy was a blast. The nizmo 370z was amazing.

Glad to hear you guys had a blast! Then again, was there any doubt that y'all would? :sly:

Also, really jealous that you guys got to meet so many other Snails. As far as I know, that was the largest gathering of Snails in our league's history lol. Only thing we can do now is top that number! S.N.A.I.L. meet, anyone? :D

I thought this was interesting ...... from GT Planet on FaceBook:

In an interview with GameInformer, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that Gran Turismo 5‘s controversial “Experience Points” or “XP” system will not exist in Gran Turismo 6.

GI: “Will progress online carry over to your single-player campaign in any way?”

KY: “The experience system doesn’t exist in GT6, but that system where you still receive some sort of reward for online racing is probably still going to be there.”

Kazunori also offered a curiously coy response when asked about a return of Tourist Trophy, stating he “can’t say no”, refusing to completely rule out the possibility.

While speaking about the new online racing features of GT6, he announced “we [Polyphony Digital] are going to start online championships, and some of those will be official championships and some of those will be the championships organized by community managers.”

Finally, Kazunori made his first mention of Gran Turismo 7 on the PlayStation 4, stating that his team at Polyphony Digital will once again seek to get the most of the hardware.

Check out GameInformer’s full interview for more details, and don’t miss his other interesting comments made during his GT6 presentation at Gamescom.

Tex,

I thought that was interesting. Not sure if I like it or not... I guess it will be a matter of what hurdles we have to cross to get cars. My main concern - and we do not know if this an issue, but I am wondering - will be something like "Win exceptionally difficult Apricot Hill Race 13 (24 hours) to unlock cars over 500 PP!" Or something.

The XP / level was silly anyways. Someone could give you, or you could win and immediately use any level car, but could only buy certain levels.

I can't be the only one going nuts over the mere chance of a tourist trophy 2. More excited for that than I am gt6.

Also I went auto crossing yesterday, boy do I have a story to tell. Uploading pics now...

Last edited:
Here's the juicy post! Yesterday I went autocrossing with the Cobra club and had a freaking blast! My dad and I were taking turns driving his 02 trans am ws6 and we were throwing down on those crazy kit cars! Here's a video of my second run.

My co-driver (dad) was a little chatty and throwing me off a bit, but I can't complain it was his tires and brakes after all :lol:

And speaking of crazy kit cars two of the Cobras there were ones that we had painted. One of them, not to toot my own horn, is the best looking Cobra we've ever seen. After we were done with it he had it for two weeks and drove it from Kansas city Kansas all the way to Daytona beach for an international Cobra show and won first in show AND first in paint!

I asked him if I could ride with him for a few runs and he said sure. Here's a vid of his second run.

Now here's the cool part. After his third run he got back into line, hopped out, and said "it's all yours." I didn't believe him so I asked again and he said "it's all yours, take her for a run" and I hopped in the seat faster than lightening. I was sitting there in line like "awwwwww maaaaaaan this is freakin AWESOME I'm in a fuppin COBRA awwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaaaaahh"

I only did half a run before the throttle stuck wide open in second gear...

F6ZifP6h.jpg

Behind the guy in the picture is where I was coming from. You can see clearly where I began pushing the front wheels. In the video from the Cobra go to :42 to see where I was on track when the throttle stuck, I went off just to the left of the cones.

CUEiE6Th.jpghttp:

Turning around in place you can see where I went off track (around 60 mph) and said to myself "what's the kill switch look like?"

ub34Srgh.jpg

This isn't even 1/4 the distance I slid and I was still trying to figure out what the hell the kill switch looked like...

XWznRgch.jpg

Almost half way there! Half way from here to the pavement I found the kill switch and promptly switched it 💡

1aizuygh.jpg

Just on the other side of the pavement you can see I was still sliding a ways. Still had the brake pedal MASHED (no power brakes) and the wheel cranked to the right.

13P9im1h.jpg

I FINALLY stopped somewhere close to here. That little white spec you see waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back there is the car's owner. He's standing a good 100 feet after the throttle stuck and I locked up the brakes.

The car!
AsflmvDh.jpg

Hats off to the owner Tim P. (next to it) for letting me have a chance to crash his drop dead sexy Cobra! Lets not do it again.

iY22kB3h.jpg

Stickers you say? Well they make it faster!

Dem Webers
wJd5KmCh.jpg

That's right. EIGHT Webers sit on this baby. It pulled off a respectable 4.5 miles to the gallon that day.

And now to the man himself
FDmDJLRh.jpg

Some say he's the painters kid. Some say he's just a young gun with a lead foot. All we know is he's called the drunk Stig.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Race Date - 18 August 2013​
Penalty rate 57%

Thanks to Dabneyd, Handlebar & JLBowler for their reviews this week.

Thanks to the stewards who reviewed this week's incidents. None of this week's penalty's affected the results from last Sunday, but there is one thing I wanted to mention. I said last week that Bowler was suspended from tonight's races. However, after thinking it over and discussing it with others, I feel that penalty wasn't really in line with how we've penalized guys in te past, especially when you consider what Bowler did as more of a "thread penalty" but done in a lounge instead of on the thread.

Therefore, he'll be allowed to race tonight but he's been DQ'd from last week's races. He will also be docked 10 ButtKicker points, which will effectively remove him from contention from the ButtKicker Challenge (which by the way wraps up tonight!)

EAO-HarleyMan, all these changes mean that you're the new Prize C winner from last week. Please let me know what you want from this list.

Back