◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,007 comments
Apmaddock
I think we already have all of the technical directors that we need. If there's an issue, throw it to the Stewards. Call them a democratic representative of the Snails. (I don't just say this because I am one)

Maybe one should be voted officially into the position.

Maybe one should be voted officially into the position.

I'm not sure that's really necessary. The only technical decisions that need to be made are regarding tires for a very limited number of tuner cars. That list has already been started and is open for discussion. Once the list is complete, I doubt it'll need updates very often. After all, we don't even allow DLC cars to be selected by Prize A or Prize B so even if new tuner cars are made available for GT5, they wouldn't be added to the list anyways.

Wow, you guys still arguing over tires, I think I said something about it almost 12 hrs ago... I've moved on, and I think we all should move on. This Sunday, the FT-86 G will be ran on M.S., and I think any further discussion should be done amongst the Stewards in the Stewards Forum, and lets talk about other things, like practice tonight... Where will it be held tonight?

I'm going to D1 if anyone wants to join in since STAT has D2 and D3 busy.

Zero, has this been claimed? If not, I would gladly accept it as I don't have this one .👍

sorry, dgaf already claimed it here. However, the car I sent him wasn't broken-in, let alone washed! You got a much better deal from Dragonwhisky! ;)

Discussion and debate are a healthy thing and since I have been a member of this league, there have been an handful for discussions that have changed how the league operates. At the end of the day, what I see is passion for cars and racing and a fairly large group of people expressing themselves without the conversation turning into lunch time in the 2nd grade. I for one appreciate that fact and thank all of you for being "professional" considering how much the rest of the internets stink!! But if that ever changes, I will volunteer for *free* Panty knot/twist removal!!

Hello everyone,

I received a message via PSN asking if I was interested in such a league. Of course I am! :).

Obviously I'm new so I need to know how to do the time trial and which division to be placed into! Hope someone gets back soon!

Oy. Has it ever been a busy week for the Stewards! We had our work cut out for us this week with about two dozen complaints both large and small. It seems some of you just couldn't keep your cars to yourselves this week.

Anyway, the list of penalties:

Division 2

JoeW / Ice_Warden
  • Unsafe Re-entry - Level 2 - 6 points
  • Total - 12 points (doubled due to probation) three weeks probation remain

JazzNine / JazzVanWolfe
  • Level 1 - 1
  • Level 2 - 5
  • Level 4 - 13 points
  • Total - 31 points and six weeks probation

tensor120 / tensor120
  • Passing through a ghosted car - 1 point
  • Level 1 - 1 point
  • Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 2 - 8 points
  • Total - 14 points and six weeks probation

Division 4

jbica / jbica
  • Unsafe Re-entry - Level 2 - 6 points and two weeks probation

Division 5

iroquois / iroquois--
  • Level 1 - 2 points
  • Level 2 - 4 points (halved for on-track concession)
  • Total - 6 points and three weeks probation

KuulKrinne / Kuulkriine
  • Level 1 - 2 point (halved for on-track concession but doubled for probation) 2 weeks probation remain

socalnatv / Sandblazter
  • Level 3 - 10 points and three weeks probation

So. Where does this put everyone?

Division 2
  • JazzVanWolfe drops from 1st place to 7th
  • tensor120 drops from 3rd place to 5th
  • AJK-VAIL and SPEED14231234 each move up one spot, putting AJK-VAIL in first place with 82 points
  • DrKronin and dgafaboutany1420 move up two spots each to 3rd and 4th, respectively
  • tcrash moves up one spot to 6th

Division 4
  • jbica moves from 9th place to 10th
  • Vol_Jbolaz moves from 10th place to 9th

Division 5
  • Sandblazter drops from 1st place to 3rd
  • iroquois-- remains in 2nd
  • Wolfsatz moves from 3rd to 1st, winning with 84 points

This means that the new Prize C winner is Wolfsatz in Division 5, with 84 points. Congratulations!

(Unfortunately we jumped the gun a bit on the prize selection process. If we had waited, round one (Evo/Tsukuba) would have been wholly eliminated instead of Round 3 (M5/Spa). That kinda bums me out, personally, but oh, well.)

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Unfortunately we jumped the gun a bit on the prize selection process. If we had waited, round one (Evo/Tsukuba) would have been wholly eliminated instead of Round 3 (M5/Spa). That kinda bums me out, personally, but oh, well.

This.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***[/QUOTE]

what exactly is probation, you can't race for however many weeks?

Hello everyone,

I received a message via PSN asking if I was interested in such a league. Of course I am! :).

Obviously I'm new so I need to know how to do the time trial and which division to be placed into! Hope someone gets back soon!

Hey A_Higher_Place,

Glad you're interested in S.N.A.I.L. :) The information you're looking for follows. If you have any other questions, we're here 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

It wouldn't offend me to put the Toyota at Spa instead of Tsukuba.

I'll leave that up to Hillracing since he's the Prize B winner. If he wants to bring his Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept to Spa, then we'll do that. If not, we'll just have to roll with the current lineup and learn from this mistake.

Hillracing, it's your call. Do you want to switch the track from Tsukuba to Spa? I checked your vote for guidance, but you voted to eliminate Motegi!

P.S. Please don't ask to change the car out of respect for the SNAILs who've already taken the time to break-in the Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept.

Last edited:
I'll leave that up to Hillracing since he's the Prize B winner. If he wants to bring his Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept to Spa, then we'll do that. If not, we'll just have to roll with the current lineup and learn from this mistake.

Hillracing, it's your call. Do you want to switch the track from Tsukuba to Spa? I checked your vote for guidance, but you voted to eliminate Motegi!

P.S. Please don't ask to change the car out of respect for the SNAILs who've already taken the time to break-in the Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept.

I think I'll leave it how it is. I don't think Spa would be the best track for this car. If that had been the track to chose a different car from I would have picked something like the McLaren. I think it's too late to change unless the prize A winner wants to pick a track to go with the Toyota and I can keep spa with the Mclaren. Otherwise it should stay as is.

I think I'll leave it how it is. I don't think Spa would be the best track for this car. If that had been the track to chose a different car from I would have picked something like the McLaren. I think it's too late to change unless the prize A winner wants to pick a track to go with the Toyota and I can keep spa with the Mclaren. Otherwise it should stay as is.

Okay, sound good. Thanks for confirming. 👍

The current lineup remains unchanged for this Sunday night!

Division 2

JoeW / Ice_Warden

JazzNine / JazzVanWolfe
  • Level 1 - 1
  • Level 2 - 5
  • Level 4 - 13 points

tensor120 / tensor120
  • Level 1 - 1 point
  • Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 2 - 8 points

👍
I see why all my minor faults were pointed out

👍
I see why all my minor faults were pointed out

^ One of the most gracious acceptance of penalties in the history of the league. Thank you. 👍

Just keep in mind that you're on probation now so those same minor penalties will be doubled for the next six weeks (and even longer if you get another penalty while on probation). Therefore, those same minor penalties will cost you twice as many points and won't be so minor anymore.

Probation is just another layer of our penalty system that ensures that everyone knows just how seriously we take clean driving. It's basically a test to see if drivers have really learned from their penalties or if they are intent to drive in the same way that got them penalized in the first place.

Do you guys ever sleep? I swear every time I check this thread there's a thousand updates in the course of an hour regardless if it's 12am/pm/odark30. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I love reading what people have to say about the league, seeing where the conversations go, the different race reports, but if you go as much as a day of not checking this thread you had better planned on spending an hour to catch up. :dopey:

Division 5

This means that the new Prize C winner is Wolfsatz in Division 5, with 84 points. Congratulations!

(Unfortunately we jumped the gun a bit on the prize selection process. If we had waited, round one (Evo/Tsukuba) would have been wholly eliminated instead of Round 3 (M5/Spa). That kinda bums me out, personally, but oh, well.)

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

I won? :dopey:

if this one is still available I'll take it:

Special Car Coupon X540 CHASER '00 (donated by aubdogg)

Hey, I'm new to GT5 and I'd like to join S.N.A.I.L. to get better at the game. And regarding Good Racecraft, sometimes when I'm online I brake early and someone hits me from behind(heard that's called brake checking?) or brake late and run into someone else. I'm working on my braking for turns, but would that get me kicked out or well, be in violation?

Hey, I'm new to GT5 and I'd like to join S.N.A.I.L. to get better at the game. And regarding Good Racecraft, sometimes when I'm online I brake early and someone hits me from behind(heard that's called brake checking?) or brake late and run into someone else. I'm working on my braking for turns, but would that get me kicked out or well, be in violation?

The racer following you should provide ample time to break and not hit you; however you should avoid 'brake checks' which my understanding of it is to break just to make the ones chasing you brake a lose speed; not necessarily breaking early. If you are breaking early most experience drivers will take that opportunity to make a pass on the inside.

See rule on break checks:
"C:
The ahead driver must not do any malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing. Leading cars MUST NOT EVER 'brake check' the car(s) behind them because they are following too closely. The ahead driver IS entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than others. They are also entitled to turn in earlier or later and/or apex earlier or later."

Last edited:

Hey DRaKeWiLD,

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :)

If you're working on it that's what we like to hear 👍 Noone's perfect and we all make mistakes, being in violation isn't the end of the world, just that you need to pay a little closer attention to driving cleanly.

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

The racer following you should provide ample time to break and not hit you; however you should avoid 'brake checks' which my understanding of it is to break just to make the ones chasing you brake a lose speed; not necessarily breaking early. If you are breaking early most experience drivers will take that opportunity to make a pass on the inside.

See rule on break checks:
"C:
The ahead driver must not do any malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing. Leading cars MUST NOT EVER 'brake check' the car(s) behind them because they are following too closely. The ahead driver IS entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than others. They are also entitled to turn in earlier or later and/or apex earlier or later."

Well said Wolf 👍

Oy. Has it ever been a busy week for the Stewards! We had our work cut out for us this week with about two dozen complaints both large and small. It seems some of you just couldn't keep your cars to yourselves this week.

Anyway, the list of penalties:

Division 2

JoeW / Ice_Warden

JazzNine / JazzVanWolfe
  • Level 1 - 1
  • Level 2 - 5
  • Level 4 - 13 points

tensor120 / tensor120
  • Level 1 - 1 point
  • Level 1 - 3 points
  • Level 2 - 8 points

Division 4

jbica / jbica
  • Unsafe Re-entry - Level 2 - 6 points and two weeks probation

Division 5

iroquois / iroquois--
  • Level 1 - 2 points
  • Level 2 - 4 points (halved for on-track concession)
  • Total - 6 points and three weeks probation

KuulKrinne / Kuulkriine
  • Level 1 - 2 point (halved for on-track concession but doubled for probation) 2 weeks probation remain

socalnatv / Sandblazter
  • Level 3 - 10 points and three weeks probation

So. Where does this put everyone?

Division 2
  • JazzVanWolfe drops from 1st place to 7th
  • tensor120 drops from 3rd place to 5th
  • AJK-VAIL and SPEED14231234 each move up one spot, putting AJK-VAIL in first place with 82 points
  • DrKronin and dgafaboutany1420 move up two spots each to 3rd and 4th, respectively
  • tcrash moves up one spot to 6th

Division 4
  • jbica moves from 9th place to 10th
  • Vol_Jbolaz moves from 10th place to 9th

Division 5

I have updated the results post with this week's penalties taken into account.

Thanks to the stewards who took the time to review all of the numerous complaints filed. I know this week was particularly brutal and the sacrifices you make for this league do not go unnoticed. :bowdown:

As a small token of appreciation, please PM me your T-shirt size and address if you want one of these:

snailtest.png

I'm a bit unclear about the "ticket" system. If I want to donate a ticket for the prize fund do I need to send it prior to "using" it? Since I see there are level tickets and very few specific cars in the list.

I'm shy about 15 cars from having every car in the game and have duplicates of several I'd be willing to donate to the cause, but it appears you don't really want specific cars so much as general tickets of whatever level.

Latest Posts

Back