1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

• Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, true. I guess i am a bit biased here, i am very emotionally invested in the game, i have been playing gt4 since 08, then the day before gt5 came out, i went and bought a ps3 and... well ya. I've waited, so i am happy. I am still very happy with the support so far. But all in all i agree with you.

I'm emotionally invested in GT myself, I've played every one since the original in '98 which makes it even more disappointing when you see the way PD have handled this game so far, firstly delay upon delay, then when it's finally released it's unfinished and now they're getting round to adding the missing parts and they're breaking them down into smaller parts. All very frustrating stuff.

is it that time of the month to feed the troll already?

:lol:

nice post history by the way. nothing but trolling from the get go. 👍

Calling someone a troll is equal to a personal attack and you can get banned for it as I recently found out so be careful.

Strange "bug" I found. Take the SLS, go to Monza, and drive straight into the chicane barrier. I mean go on the front straight and just drive straight into the barrier at the end of the straight head on. No mechanical damage will happen. Even on heavy

I may not know the policies for this website as much as you, but I'm sure that complaining isn't necessarily frowned upon. We don't want complete yes-men here. We want, I would assume, diversity of opinion.

Complaining is definitely frowned upon, constructive criticism is appreciated and can be discussed. You can guess which is brearing its head in this thread.

Not only are the complaints pointless, needless and unjustified, they're excessive and immature.

I think it's come to a point where I feel like, enough is enough. I'll have to stop coming here if it carries on. Big whoop, I hear you say, i know nobody will care, but i'll care. I've been coming here for a long time, so why should I be pushed out by newbies who can't find the intelligence within themselves to have constructive discussions, versus what we've seen in this thread and countless others.

Also played with the damage online. It's pretty awesome! It's like everyone said. When you crash at higher speeds you car can start vibrating like crazy. The engine will sound gnarly too like it revs inconsistently.

I was using the MP4-12C and I dunno if the damage is different than when you reach higher levels, but it is pretty good. It seems to actually deform/scrape in real time depending on where you hit it. I got both my front and rear bumper to hang and nearly fall off. I don't know if you can do it but I got close before the race ended. Pretty cool!

You might want to look for some serious races tonight though, otherwise it seems everyone's testing the damage. When we started the race it was a crash fest haha. I'm impressed though. :)

I'm emotionally invested in GT myself, I've played every one since the original in '98 which makes it even more disappointing when you see the way PD have handled this game so far, firstly delay upon delay, then when it's finally released it's unfinished and now they're getting round to adding the missing parts and they're breaking them down into smaller parts. All very frustrating stuff.

I have been playing since the original as well and to me I am still impressed. I would rather they do it in small parts than us wait a month or too for all of it. Also, we really don't know how much impact GTPSP had time-wise on PD, so Sony is most likely partly to blame.

If you want to play the game if ripping into people by making such stupid pedantic clarifications in an effort to make them look foolish, then you better believe I will return the favor. And I can play that game far better than you can.

Edited. Can't be bothered to argue.

Suggest you look up the meaning of pedantic, and then look back at your second reply.

Oh my dear lord all i read on this is everyone complaining about a damn good game, we are in the day and age of DLC and Online patching there will never be a perfect game realesed from a developer just be glad they are trying to fix stuff just cause it dont pop into your hand like magic doesnt mean it wont be fixed in the near future, so go enjoy the game you bought and stop complaining

im sorry Dillweed, i can't even think of a curse word that would fit there that is 8 characters long. think before you button mash.... unless its mortal combat

Think of something you might kick if your playing football and add to it lol, Ive got to be honest the damage they implemented is rather superb my F40 was shaking like a S******g dog shame its online only

Complaining is definitely frowned upon, constructive criticism is appreciated and can be discussed. You can guess which is brearing its head in this thread.

Not only are the complaints pointless, needless and unjustified, they're excessive and immature.

I think it's come to a point where I feel like, enough is enough. I'll have to stop coming here if it carries on. Big whoop, I hear you say, i know nobody will care, but i'll care. I've been coming here for a long time, so why should I be pushed out by newbies who can't find the intelligence within themselves to have constructive discussions, versus what we've seen in this thread and countless others.

I agree. While I just joined not too long ago, I have been reading on here for quite some time and I have never seen the amount of freaking out and complaining posts as I have in the past couple weeks. Kind of brings down the whole mood of the place.

Can't people just copy their file to an external HD? I thought I did that before with other games...

We can no longer do that. But another update at the end of December will change things.

i dont understand, i dont pretend to be a programmer or anything but if you have the damage part done thats 95% of the work isnt it the rest would be a simple make a option menu? they just have to go the last 10 yards to put it into gt mode and fell short once again?

Mig
i dont understand, i dont pretend to be a programmer or anything but if you have the damage part done thats 95% of the work isnt it the rest would be a simple make a option menu? they just have to go the last 10 yards to put it into gt mode and fell short once again?

Maybe, yet again, maybe not. It might require a few more lines of code for all we know. Maybe he has even bigger plans for us and GT Life (cost for damage repairs etc.).

Mig

I would imagine there is more too it than that. They would have to decide how the damage will be paid for in GT Life, then implement that. They would have to find a way to make it carry over to the next race if they decide to do that. They would have to also figure out how to mechanically damage AI cars, etc...

I am sure they want to get it right. I could be wrong, who knows. Just thinking about it.

Mig

No it isn't that simple. Adding this sort of damage to the Life mode would affect the difficulty of every single A-spec and B-spec race, not to mention the Specials and Licenses. That's a lot of work to implement in a short period.

Mig

Unfortunately its not that simple. The ai cars have to be programmed completely differently from the user vehicles, so a simple "plug-n-play" won't work. The reason it works "easily" online (TONS of code, mind you) is because it is only affecting those user vehicles. Also, to implement it into GTLife they would have to program the AI to react accordingly to the possibility of damage. Programming the AI is one of the most labor-intensive parts of creating a game like this and is not an easy thing to do by any means.

I really don't understand why people are complaining, there are frequent updates and Yes I agree the games not perfect. Just give them time.

No it isn't that simple. Adding this sort of damage to the Life mode would affect the difficulty of every single A-spec and B-spec race, not to mention the Specials and Licenses. That's a lot of work to implement in a short period.

Exactly. I wish people would use common sense.

Im not that frustrated with it myself, i just saw the delays as a "can't effing wait" time period. then when it got here i was really happy. I have very little basis for comparison on PD's handeling of the game, i really have only played GT, and when i do play other games (MW2, F1, TOCA) i dont notice anything, nor do i follow it.

My Gosh! Complain when there isn't a patch, complain when there is. The best complaint is about downloading 100mb breaking the bank LOL what CENTURY do you live in?? NEWS FLASH: Us Aussies have TPG unlimitted, who cares what Kiwis have or haven't got? Heck lets not patch the game on account of the poor kiwis paying [being ripped off] per GB...

I really hate having to sift through loads of CRAP replies to find out the important things:

Summary so far:
Dammage is working for online mode only
Birthday bug still not fixed
G25/G27 still not supported
XP system still same as before
Still no photomode for standards

What I want to know:

Has AI been updated?
Wheel change for standard cars?
Individual gear ratios?

Can someone confirm the above? ANYTHING ELSE?

FOCUS PEOPLE FOCUS!

What I want to know:

Wheel change for standard cars?
I specifically checked for this. That's a no.

Suggest you look up the meaning of pedantic, and then look back at your second reply.
I know what pedantic means. I'm pretty sure you don't.
I'll break it down for you: You said the update was a surprise, as if we shouldn't have been expecting it and should be happy with it because we weren't expecting it. The obvious problem is that we knew the update was coming sometime early this month, because Kaz himself said it would. So you clarified that we didn't know the time down to the minute when the update was coming out, so it was still is a surprise. Which is not only ridiculously pedantic, but ultimately a completely irrelevant clarification to make because it changes nothing about the inaccuracy of your original point.

We should take time away from complaining and appreciate what we have. We're talking like this game sucks. It doesn't suck. At all. Sure, some things are missing but that's okay. It's still a great game. Appreciate what we have because the developers are putting hours and hours of their lives into the game. I appreciate the game for what it is and what's to come.

Anyone else?

I have been playing since the original as well and to me I am still impressed. I would rather they do it in small parts than us wait a month or too for all of it. Also, we really don't know how much impact GTPSP had time-wise on PD, so Sony is most likely partly to blame.

To be honest, in the case of mechanical damage, it's something that should have been in the game from release day. PD have been working on it for god knows how long and there's really no excuse for it being omitted let alone for it to be drip fed into the game via several patches. I'm impressed by parts of GT5, I can look past the trivial things like jaggy shadows or even how bad some standard cars look, but I can't ignore the fact that the game as a whole feels unfinished. I really have no doubt at all that Sony has a lot to do with GT5 being in the unfinished state it is but ultimately the blame lies with the developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back