1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

• Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I read a post here anymore it's just a bunch of whining...

Game is fantastic, many of these implementations do seem rushed or half done but every time the path leads back to the PS3 and not PD.

The real problem is AWESOME!!! :( hardware. Consoles in general are a fruitless endeavor and one day soon they are going to get steamrolled by the combination of integrated in home networks and the power and security of cloud computing.

Until then, you get what you pay for.

Yeah, can someone explain what it does? Does your car catch fire, does it smoke? Does the car lose speed, pull to one side etc...I would be interested in what it actually does.

I think we need a mod to Superclean this thread of all the complaints and bickering. Can we just keep it on topic.

Speaking of keeping it on topic, has anyone found any other revelations with this new update?

And then complaints about complaining. Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. Too much complaining, and nobody can win.

Bring on the updates I say, the more the better. And I know they know how to do it better than I do, so happy to leave it to the experts!!!

:tup:Agreed

Yeah, can someone explain what it does? Does your car catch fire, does it smoke? Does the car lose speed, pull to one side etc...I would be interested in what it actually does.

I only tested the heavy setting online, but knocks into walls/cars at 30/40mph + will result in either damaged steering, damaged wheels or damaged engine/gearbox. The results are as expected for damaging any of those areas, e.g. damaged left steering linkage, and your car pulls to the left. Buckle your left rear, and it will wobble around and pull to the side. Damage your engine, and your car will not accelerate well or get anywhere near high speed. It's pretty satisfying IMO, and i'm chuffed.

I wouldn't blame PD if they saw this place, this thread, and just gave up on GT5 and left it as it is, and said, screw making a 6 for this ungrateful bunch of kids. If I was them, that would be my attitude.

I seriously hope they don't bother, the series is getting stale and sterile, it's basically gt4 with a bit better graphics and more cars, don't get me wrong gt4 was/is a good game, but I was expecting them to raise the bar here and clearly they didn't

So you knew that it was going to prompt us to update at 4am GMT on Tuesday the 7th of December?

Wow, you must have an inside contact.
Wow. Just... wow.

So, apparently, all that it takes for something to be a surprise to you is to not know the exact date and time that something is going to come out? Even though it was announced that it was going to come out early this month back on the 30th? I can't imagine the heart attacks you must have had playing peekaboo as a baby.

I only tested the heavy setting online, but knocks into walls/cars at 30/40mph + will result in either damaged steering, damaged wheels or damaged engine/gearbox. The results are as expected for damaging any of those areas, e.g. damaged left steering linkage, and your car pulls to the left. Buckle your left rear, and it will wobble around and pull to the side. Damage your engine, and your car will not accelerate well or get anywhere near high speed. It's pretty satisfying IMO, and i'm chuffed.

Nice! I'll have to try online at the weekend, sounds good:)

I think it's good there giving updates, don't you? Would you rather have a great unfinished game, or an awesome game thats being updated pretty regularly, keep in mind, its only been out about 3 weeks or so.

@supershouden, that was a reply to the quote you quoted, i agree with every thing you said there

It's a good thing yes, if it's done properly, not half-arsed efforts like we'll put it in one mode and leave out the other ones for now, especially if they choose the core part of the game to leave it out of. It's not really a case of they're doing updates by choice, these are features which were announced by PD themselves and technically speaking, they can't just forget about them or they'll get a reputation as a company that puts out unfinished games and doesn't deliver on their claims about the game before it's released.

They just need to patch it so that it won't prompt for a version update mid race.
check for updates on start up or something.

wow the new damage stuff is AMAZING, my car just kept pulling to one side, then the other and so on, VERY realistic and punishing, like it ought to be!

have the shadows been updated also?
I'm doing b-spec amateur miata race and watching from in-car POV... and the shadows are considerably sharper than what I remember.

wow the new damage stuff is AMAZING, my car just kept pulling to one side, then the other and so on, VERY realistic and punishing, like it ought to be!

I am also very impressed. Can't wait until its implemented in GT Life. Its quite incredible. Just tried it out a little.

I guess the clear cut troll dropped the mask. Now we can happily move to ignore him until he's banned.

By the way, even if just online for niow, the damage is pretty darn amazing, i especially love the way the car wobbles when the wheels are damaged.
Well done, and let's hope to get offline damage too soon.

It's a good thing yes, if it's done properly, not half-arsed efforts like we'll put it in one mode and leave out the other ones for now, especially if they choose the core part of the game to leave it out of. It's not really a case of they're doing updates by choice, these are features which were announced by PD themselves and technically speaking, they can't just forget about them or they'll get a reputation as a company that puts out unfinished games and doesn't deliver on their claims about the game before it's released.

True, true. I guess i am a bit biased here, i am very emotionally invested in the game, i have been playing gt4 since 08, then the day before gt5 came out, i went and bought a ps3 and... well ya. I've waited, so i am happy. I am still very happy with the support so far. But all in all i agree with you.

Wow. Just... wow.

So, apparently, all that it takes for something to be a surprise to you is to not know the exact date and time that something is going to come out? Even though it was announced that it was going to come out early this month back on the 30th? I can't imagine the heart attacks you must have had playing peekaboo as a baby.

Lol lets rearrange Christmas for him shall we :P

ya my little brother enjoyed it haha, we could barely keep the car on a road on nurmburgring, night, and we were having this HUGEEEEEEEEEEE battle to see who came in last (3 ppl fighting at the end) and everyone was skidding and really trying their hardest...you know its good when everyones battling not to be last haha,

it felt like a football game, we were fighting for every single yard, awesome

Wow. Just... wow.

Cute. keep it up.

ya my little brother enjoyed it haha, we could barely keep the car on a road on nurmburgring, night, and we were having this HUGEEEEEEEEEEE battle to see who came in last (3 ppl fighting at the end) and everyone was skidding and really trying their hardest...you know its good when everyones battling not to be last haha,

it felt like a football game, we were fighting for every single yard, awesome

Haha thats great. Not to mention, if you push one of them off the road and they hit something. It will be a long limp home on the 'Ring.

I seriously hope they don't bother, the series is getting stale and sterile, it's basically gt4 with a bit better graphics and more cars, don't get me wrong gt4 was/is a good game, but I was expecting them to raise the bar here and clearly they didn't

You raise the frigging bar then, go and do better yourself. Good lord man, its a good game, it suffered from too much hype and its not perfect but we've had 3 patches in less than like 2 weeks, that, while it doesnt show perfection, shows work.

Just saying, I'm surprised a moderator hasn't stepped in this whole time.

But anyway, damage sounds good by what I'm reading on here. Can't wait to see it for myself online. Hopefully we will see more cleaner drivers because of it.

This thread is full of pure win/facepalm (depending on how light-heartedly one takes the comments). I'd advise the whiners to go and research just how difficult it is to program a game's AI and physics before they start giving us their two cents.

Well go then, because I am sick of people like you being around here, polluting threads with pointless, moaning posts.

This thread should be completely positive, we have mechanical damage in online mode now. It wasn't there before, it's there now. People still complain. It's not even funny. It's ridiculous. You're given a surprise update that adds a new feature, and then complain.

I wouldn't blame PD if they saw this place, this thread, and just gave up on GT5 and left it as it is, and said, screw making a 6 for this ungrateful bunch of kids. If I was them, that would be my attitude.

I may not know the policies for this website as much as you, but I'm sure that complaining isn't necessarily frowned upon. We don't want complete yes-men here. We want, I would assume, diversity of opinion.

Cute. keep it up.
If you want to play the game if ripping into people by making such stupid pedantic clarifications in an effort to make them look foolish, then you better believe I will return the favor. And I can play that game far better than you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back