Accused of Hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just put on BBS rims... and still no luck. I'm dumbfounded

I put BBS rims on and lost my tune......

Edit

Went and pulled my GT5 file off my flash drive and I don't even have my M5 now. Just my luck

Trust me coco, I have looked at the car thoroughly and have seen nothing wrong.. Even if it was a hacked car, it is factory now.. Apart from the upgrades obviously.. But nothing the game didn't implement properly 👍

Can you please take a picture of the menu sheet screen? Often with hacked flywheels or/and triple clutch upgrades they don't show up in the tuning menu, thus making the car appear legit. For example, this car seems legit, right?

f6tu.jpg

FALSE, it has a racing flywheel and a triple plate clutch.

But hackers can be outed by providing this screen:

yo3s.jpg

Can you please take a picture of the menu sheet screen? Often with hacked flywheels or/and triple clutch upgrades they don't show up in the tuning menu, thus making the car appear legit. For example, this car seems legit, right?

FALSE, it has a racing flywheel and a triple plate clutch.

But hackers can be outed by providing this screen:

Slight flaw. They could take the right half the picture on one car, so it looks like the plate isn't on the alleged hacked car.

However, this can be countered by taking a photo of the entire screen displaying the name of the vehicle. But it could be a duplicate of the same car, but without the hidden parts. OH BOY. I better stop before my brain explodes (or implodes).

Slight flaw. They could take the right half the picture on one car, so it looks like the plate isn't on the alleged hacked car.

However, this can be countered by taking a photo of the entire screen displaying the name of the vehicle. But it could be a duplicate of the same car, but without the hidden parts. OH BOY. I better stop before my brain explodes (or implodes).

Then take a picture of the whole screen. And since GT5 loading times are so slow, we can tell if they tried to switch cars since the GT5 clock is visible.

Then take a picture of the whole screen. And since GT5 loading times are so slow, we can tell if they tried to switch cars since the GT5 clock is visible.

There are alternate setups as well. A, B, C.

Please more I am not trying to call out the OP. I really hope you win this argument. May the best tuners and racers win.
And may the sore losers (that call out legitimate drivers/cars) blow their engines.

@ Harry I've already proven its legit,this is just one of few cars that a certain wheel makes a considerable difference

Harry, everyone is running 9.84's now and you're still sticking to the fact that the car is hacked? Come on be realistic here.

So I just came home from school and put BBS rims on the car. Guess what, I can replicate the tune now, I'll try to tune the car as fast as I can now.

So horizon, his M5 isn't hacked, guess we now have to test every rim out on every car...

Janco
So I just came home from school and put BBS rims on the car. Guess what, I can replicate the tune now, I'll try to tune the car as fast as I can now.

So horizon, his M5 isn't hacked, guess we now have to test every rim out on every car...

You guys didn't know that different rims affect handling? Hum, I thought a lot of people knew that.

You notice it a lot when drifting

I know this

Lock2Lock
You guys didn't know that different rims affect handling? Hum, I thought a lot of people knew that.

You notice it a lot when drifting

I know this

I knew about that, but different rims affecting transmission ratios?

If it changes the size of the wheel, perhaps the game treats it like a change in transmission ratio? After all, the bigger the wheel, the longer distance it will go per revolution. One possibility...

Janco
Never thought of that honestly. Maybe the game corrects the size vs rotation speed of the different size rims.

Just like when you put say Buckshot Mudd tires on a truck. It will make your speedometer off by a few MPH. Maybe the game fixes this automatically.
eran0004
If it changes the size of the wheel, perhaps the game treats it like a change in transmission ratio? After all, the bigger the wheel, the longer distance it will go per revolution. One possibility...
Possibly. I just wonder how much it changes it.

Thinking about it now...
I have noticed if I put custom rims on a car with a Fully Customizable Transmission on. If I didn't previously adjust the transmission, then I go and reset it to default it changes. Which I have noticed on some of the cars I haven't added rims it will not do.

Maybe that's the reason.

.. Really, you guys harassed Shells this much because you couldn't match his tune? If that's the case, everyone with a top leaderboard time must be a hacker, right? This is why I got out of the boards last year , even before the hacked parts came around, because everyone called "SRF" when they saw something .003 faster than their tune.

And some of the veteran tuners knew about rims affecting ratios long before the hotshots even came to GTP. I personally knew well before I wrote my transmission guide.

.. Really, you guys harassed Shells this much because you couldn't match his tune? If that's the case, everyone with a top leaderboard time must be a hacker, right? This is why I got out of the boards last year , even before the hacked parts came around, because everyone called "SRF" when they saw something .003 faster than their tune.

And some of the veteran tuners knew about rims affecting ratios long before the hotshots even came to GTP. I personally knew well before I wrote my transmission guide.

Exactly.. I was saying the exact same thing 👍

Master__Shake_

Interesting that you didn't include that in your transmission guide as it changing transmission ratios has a lot to do with transmissions imo. What's also interesting is that you didn't even share "the secret" with your team leader.

Interesting that you didn't include that in your transmission guide as it changing transmission ratios has a lot to do with transmissions imo. What's also interesting is that you didn't even share "the secret" with your team leader.

It was a secret that few of us talked about because we held times above the top leaderboards. Karo knew about it, as did AKA, DLR & JR. I figured Slash did but never thought to ask him if he did. It is what kept us ahead of the competition, which is why it wasn't talked about openly.

Master__Shake_
It was a secret that few of us talked about because we held times above the top leaderboards. Karo knew about it, as did AKA, DLR & JR. I figured Slash did but never thought to ask him if he did. It is what kept us ahead of the competition, which is why it wasn't talked about openly.

We both know what held Karo above the competition. It wasn't the wheels but the launch. His tunes therefore didn't work on Indy the same way they did when offline speed testing.

Congrats on your 1000th post 👍 :D

We both know what held Karo above the competition. It wasn't the wheels but the launch. His tunes therefore didn't work on Indy the same way they did when offline speed testing.

Congrats on your 1000th post 👍 :D

Thanks, I didn't even notice until you said that.

But yes, I knew he made SSRX-only tunes to beat out the competition, but some of us had competitive tunes to his and were usable online as well. Back when SSRX first came out, only 2 or 3 teams had good enough tunes to out-run a bad tree against decent tuners. Nowadays it's 99% tree and 1% tune, with room lag being a killer of the sooner. I'm not saying I was an awesome tuner before SSRX, but I learned very fast for what time I was given and took over top positions on the board easily once I mastered the tranny flip.

Master__Shake_
Thanks, I didn't even notice until you said that.

But yes, I knew he made SSRX-only tunes to beat out the competition, but some of us had competitive tunes to his and were usable online as well. Back when SSRX first came out, only 2 or 3 teams had good enough tunes to out-run a bad tree against decent tuners. Nowadays it's 99% tree and 1% tune, with room lag being a killer of the sooner. I'm not saying I was an awesome tuner before SSRX, but I learned very fast for what time I was given and took over top positions on the board easily once I mastered the tranny flip.

I know, I agree totally. Trust me, being from the EU made it really hard, I had to work from scratch as we didn't have any competition over here. I didn't even know of GTP at the time lol

SSRX was like a dream to me and many other guys not from the US (many aussies, retro, etc.) as it gave an even playing field for everyone... But launch that Karo had mastered was really the biggest win maker on the board.

I know, I agree totally. Trust me, being from the EU made it really hard, I had to work from scratch as we didn't have any competition over here. I didn't even know of GTP at the time lol

SSRX was like a dream to me and many other guys not from the US (many aussies, retro, etc.) as it gave an even playing field for everyone... But launch that Karo had mastered was really the biggest win maker on the board.

Karo had a secret launch? Isn't that cheating?

It wasn't really secret, it was pretty well known (at least at the time when he was in my team, we all knew it). Not a lot of people knew it except for the faster guys. That was when Hydro was in it's prime. It ended being the retro launch.

Shells N Cheese

It was retro launch with a few personal touches. That was not cheating on the previous board (as much as I know of)

For a while there, it was Hydro vs Solo Brotherhood fighting for top spots and bragging rights. They did have advantage over us on the tree, but we had very similar times on the boards so they could never claim they were truly faster. I'd be right up there again but my priorities have changed and I don't have the spare time like I used to. It was fun to be in the spotlight but now, with hacked parts and weird super-launches online, it really ruined the fun of it all. All submitted times are taken with a grain of salt. I hope this community will hold together in the next game and have a fair and fun tuning environment for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back