Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
You can pull it off in both planes @Revoy, but you're better off going with the T-50 since as a high tier fighter thats one more level compared to the Morgan, you can deal much more damage quickly to other planes.

This upcoming TDM is gonna be filled with F-22s, T-50s, Typhoons, and other high tier fighters spamming 4 and 6AAMs as well as SAAMs.

I'm definitely not good at TDM but even with the co-op the SAAM is so hard to use. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't think that was very useful in a circle jerk online are other people really able to use it effectively?

I don't think I can score too much in the next TDM tournament. :lol: But I really want the Galm emblem. Reminds me of Ace Combat: Zero. :drool:

I managed to get a few kills in the 1st TDM thanks to my old level 8 F16, as it was more or less on par with some of the best out there, but I gave up after a few sorties when I realized that TDM sorties would not count for the usual challenges. All in all, I received aircraft research reports and credits, just with 4 or 5 sorties.

But this time I have no planes able to match Level 5 to 10 Morgans, T-50's or F22's, and surely I will not have unlocked and upgraded the Su-47 or managed to upgrade the red-winged Morgan to sufficient level to have my chances.
So I will not enter this one.

I think they should keep restrictions for TDM, so average players could have a chance to enter and compete, and they also make TDM sorties count for the challenges. This would make much more people want to enter the fight.

Anyway, I will certainly spend most of my time on the Destiny Beta this week-end. :D

Good luck to all who will try to get the Shogun and Striped F15... 👍

Too late for that advice, sorry to say. :ouch:

I had a lot of paths open so when they finished leveling I didn't buy anything to stop development.

Then it started updating the special weapons instead... :banghead: I've got quite a few of them as well. None of them have actually finished leveling of course.

I know what that's like. Going to take a fair bit of grinding but once you unlock the plane you're aiming for words can't describe the feeling :')

Is it bad as a Major to use flight assist just to keep a Su35 from stalling all the time?

If you think of it as ABS 1 on Gran Turismo then it is perfectly fine. It's very handy when you're trying to save up money since you're greatly reducing the risk of losing a load of credits while you race the other team to an S-rank in co-op.

Flying in circles for a couple minutes was not at all that rewarding of an experience. Not fun.

Ran the TDM event in two accounts (account one aimed for the F-22 / F-35 tree; account two aimed for the Su-34 / T-50 tree). Had great success in account one right from the start due to the wide choice of parts that I could install on my Mirage (which was level 5 thanks to those supplied fuel challenges :lol:). Account two was more difficult because it was hard to find a parts combo that would yield an average of 10,000 points per round. It took my last sortie to get a decent set-up before the event ended and just missed out on the Crow emblem + 55,000... you win some you lose some I guess.

In any case I enjoyed TDM! Find a lobby with a good connection and players with similar matching rates and it's a whole lot of fun :D.

The tournament for the S/MTD, let alone the Galm emblem is going to be tough...

EDIT:
In other news I hosted a "Aiming for Special Raid Missions" lobby today to see if it increases the chances of getting any MDP's. It sure enough did after all my supplied fuel ran out and ended up getting MDP1.

Messaged every single player before I started the sortie to aim for an S-rank by destroying all targets prior to destroying the cockpit so that we all get a good payout. Low and behold some brainless low MR player blows the thing up with 1:45 left on the clock even after all the "delay the final attack" messages were sent during the sortie. What made it worse was that you don't even have to press the right directional button to see the radio messages from other players now.

I'll probably kick anyone below a ~1650 MR on any of my hosted rooms during a MDP mission from now on unless it's someone from GTP since it's not fun being teamed up with 1300 MR players prior to an emergency mission and getting a 6000 Cr. payout from a B-rank and then getting 10,000 for a non S-rank MDP.

Last edited:
Is anyone else unable to play campaign mission 6 because it thinks you have to pay for it despite having the season pass to campaign missions?

;)
EDIT: In other news I hosted a "Aiming for Special Raid Missions" lobby today to see if it increases the chances of getting any MDP's. It sure enough did after all my supplied fuel ran out and ended up getting MDP1.

Messaged every single player before I started the sortie to aim for an S-rank by destroying all targets prior to destroying the cockpit so that we all get a good payout. Low and behold some brainless low MR player blows the thing up with 1:45 left on the clock even after all the "delay the final attack" messages were sent during the sortie. What made it worse was that you don't even have to press the right directional button to see the radio messages from other players now.

I'll probably kick anyone below a ~1650 MR on any of my hosted rooms during a MDP mission from now on unless it's someone from GTP since it's not fun being teamed up with 1300 MR players prior to an emergency mission and getting a 6000 Cr. payout from a B-rank and then getting 10,000 for a non S-rank MDP.
The problem is that many people try to shoot Moby Dick's cockpit before the time has elapsed, thus leading to a non-S rank... I saw it again yesterday, as an idiot blew the cockpit with still 1:45 time left, despite the fact that several players, including me, sent out messages throughout the mission requesting to delay the final attack.

And being teamed up with low rank players? Well, how will they learn?
You, me and everybody (well, this reminds me of a song :D) started at low rank too, remember that we had to learn too...

If you see me enter your room, please do not kick me out, even if I'm "only" 1580 or so... ;)

Last edited:
53 stockdd fuel later.... you bet i'm gonna be pushing for the F15 >=D on a side note I can't wait for the F22 spam because their so easy to 2 shot or even 1HKO them vs something like a F14, master race, zipang which could take 3 or 4. Also anyone going into TDM should prepare by running expert mode to easily dodge QAAMs snd SAAMs.

I only use the air brakes and missile ammo upgrades. Never tried the lightweight parts, where are the parts located on the aircraft tree?

;)
The problem is that many people try to shoot Moby Dick's cockpit before the time has elapsed, thus leading to a non-S rank... I saw it again yesterday, as an idiot blew the cockpit with still 1:45 time left, despite the fact that several players, including me, sent out messages throughout the mission requesting to delay the final attack.

And being teamed up with low rank players? Well, how will they learn?

You, me and everybody (well, this reminds me of a song :D) started at low rank too, remember that we had to learn too...

If you see me enter your room, please do not kick me out, even if I'm "only" 1580 or so... ;)

:lol: I'll try to remember not to kick anyone from GTP. Add me on PSN guys, I'll clear the contact list of people who haven't logged in for over a year!

Part of the problem with MDP1 is how the AWACS tells everyone to aim for the cockpit when all the engines are destroyed. Naturally noobs will listen and blow the cockpit up then dun-dun-dun...S-rank gone A-rank and 20k payout becomes 10 T_T.

Of course I was guilty of this as well in the early days of the game (if it wasn't only on the beta). In reality Namco should've written the AWACS banter better to stop people from missing out on a nice paycheck or adjust S-rank requirements to maybe allow for an S despite not clearing 100% of the enemies (funnily enough I S-ranked an MDP1 this morning in a wide match rate lobby when there were two fighters left when the core was destroyed. Not sure if it was a glitch though, fingers crossed it wasn't but that's still a tough ask unless you sortie In something with 6AAMs to snipe those late spawning CPU b******s! ).

:lol: I'll try to remember not to kick anyone from GTP. Add me on PSN guys, I'll clear the contact list of people who haven't logged in for over a year!

Part of the problem with MDP1 is how the AWACS tells everyone to aim for the cockpit when all the engines are destroyed. Naturally noobs will listen and blow the cockpit up then dun-dun-dun...S-rank gone A-rank and 20k payout becomes 10 T_T.

Of course I was guilty of this as well in the early days of the game (if it wasn't only on the beta). In reality Namco should've written the AWACS banter better to stop people from missing out on a nice paycheck or adjust S-rank requirements to maybe allow for an S despite not clearing 100% of the enemies (funnily enough I S-ranked an MDP1 this morning in a wide match rate lobby when there were two fighters left when the core was destroyed. Not sure if it was a glitch though, fingers crossed it wasn't but that's still a tough ask unless you sortie In something with 6AAMs to snipe those late spawning CPU b******s! ).

I remember spamming the "Delay the final attack!" message lots of times. Most players got the message except this guy who became an idiot hero by destroying the cockpit when others are destroying the enemy fighter jets. Only got an A-rank.

Does work the other way as well though. A couple of days ago I saw three white team players hovering over the cockpit and none of them fired at it even when we got down to 5 seconds and the fighters still weren't all dead.

They just let the timer run out. :banghead:

@LJP64 Some good scores from you last night even if the MD1 was a bit of an amateur hour event! You can't be far away from 1600 now. 👍

I'm still stuck at 1520 and something. :ouch:

Does work the other way as well though. A couple of days ago I saw three white team players hovering over the cockpit and none of them fired at it even when we got down to 5 seconds and the fighters still weren't all dead.

They just let the timer run out. :banghead:

@LJP64 Some good scores from you last night even if the MD1 was a bit of an amateur hour event! You can't be far away from 1600 now. 👍

I'm still stuck at 1520 and something. :ouch:

Yes it was a bit of an amateur hour, but that was not so bad after all, we got very close to S-rank everytime.

I did a couple of sorties after that and found myself in a very unbalanced team where half of the guys were just stealing the targets the other half had been shooting at. In the end, everyone was chasing the same targets and many were left unharmed. I remember flying constantly with two idiots on my tail that were systematically killing MY targets everywhere I would go. :irked:
Final rank: C (Pipeline mission), with ridiculous scores despite all the efforts...

Anyway, I think I'm around 1590 now...
The aircraft does a great part of the job too... When I started using the Zipang, my scores rapidly increased as I upgraded it.

I don't know which planes you have unlocked by now, try to compare their initial stats and then focus on the one that has the best initial stats. Then the more you fly it the more research it will get (especially with stocked fuel).

By now my best one is the F14-A Zipang Level 5 with 6 AAM. It is much better than my Level 8 F16 with 4 AAM, although the stats say they are more or less equal... But my Zipang cannot rival with top aircraft like F22s or T-50.

But when I use my Level 5 Mirage, I get just on-average scores. Upgrading it will cost a lot and it will still be inferior to the best attackers out there. It will be a pain to stop flying it, but necessity calls.

I love my Zipang an Mirage, but they are not enough. If I want bigger scores, I need better planes. Hence my attempt to unlock the bottom part of the tree, where the Su-34 and Su-47 are waiting for me...

Now the question for me is : should I unlock and upgrade the Su-34 to replace my Mirage as an attacker/multirole and still upgrade my Zipang? Or unlock and upgrade the Su-34 AND unlock and upgrade the Su-47? :odd:

Yes it was a bit of an amateur hour, but that was not so bad after all, we got very close to S-rank everytime.

I did a couple of sorties after that and found myself in a very unbalanced team where half of the guys were just stealing the targets the other half had been shooting at. In the end, everyone was chasing the same targets and many were left unharmed. I remember flying constantly with two idiots on my tail that were systematically killing MY targets everywhere I would go. :irked:
Final rank: C (Pipeline mission), with ridiculous scores despite all the efforts...

The aircraft does a great part of the job too... When I started using the Zipang, my scores rapidly increased as I upgraded it.

I don't know which planes you have unlocked by now, try to compare their initial stats and then focus on the one that has the best initial stats. Then the more you fly it the more research it will get (especially with stocked fuel).

By now my best one is the F14-A Zipang Level 5 with 6 AAM. It is much better than my Level 8 F16 with 4 AAM, although the stats say they are more or less equal... But my Zipang cannot rival with top aircraft like F22s or T-50.

But when I use my Level 5 Mirage, I get just on-average scores. Upgrading it will cost a lot and it will still be inferior to the best attackers out there. It will be a pain to stop flying it, but necessity calls.

I love my Zipang an Mirage, but they are not enough. If I want bigger scores, I need better planes. Hence my attempt to unlock the bottom part of the tree, where the Su-34 and Su-47 are waiting for me...

Now the question for me is : should I unlock and upgrade the Su-34 to replace my Mirage as an attacker/multirole and still upgrade my Zipang? Or unlock and upgrade the Su-34 AND unlock and upgrade the Su-47? :odd:

You're better off with the Su-34 and the Su-47. Both are great planes. But if you're looking for an attacker plane, I recommend the A-10A or the F-2A. The F-2A branch leads to the F-117 Nighthawk.

I didn't get the game early enough to get the Zipang, Which is a shame. My best is my level 5 Mirage. I've got a Harrier at level 4 and I've retired my F16C in favour of a MIG-29. Granted it is only level 1 but I thought QAAMS were supposed to be better than standard missiles?

I'm looking at the F15E to replace my Mirage or one of the SU-24's.

You're better off with the Su-34 and the Su-47. Both are great planes. But if you're looking for an attacker plane, I recommend the A-10A or the F-2A. The F-2A branch leads to the F-117 Nighthawk.
I'll stick to your advice for the Sukhoi's... This branch of my tree is almost fully unlocked.

I didn't get the game early enough to get the Zipang, Which is a shame. My best is my level 5 Mirage. I've got a Harrier at level 4 and I've retired my F16C in favour of a MIG-29. Granted it is only level 1 but I thought QAAMS were supposed to be better than standard missiles?

Maybe you could consider the F14 and F/A18, as they can also be good choices...

I totally agree with the F/A-18. It is the plane I use the most lately, and actually yesterday was the first time I made 40.000+ points in a room with equal performance rating of 1500+. Pay off was low though, at 7500cr, because the general mission rating was below par at C ... :irked:

Last edited:
Research has just started on my future Su-34...
In the mean time, I have upgraded my Zipang to Level 6, as it will be a long time until I can have a Su-47 upgraded to a correct level.

As what was previously mentioned, you almost cannot go wrong with the F/A-18 route. In some instances I've seen rooms with stealthies and other top tiers be outclassed by higher level (and cheaper) hornets. It's really just a commitment, and if you stick it out, it can actually be a very good and cost effective multirole.

However, you can still stick with the F-15E plan. Got mine to level 5 and it served me lovely all the way. Just be prepared to cough up plenty credits for the initial purchase.

@Bobert power not trying to feed the stereotype but I feel your pain haha. It's quite frustrating when someone in a fighter wants to kill steal your ground targets without any real reason.

Which brings up a general point I'd like to make. Honestly guys, try to communicate with your team as much as possible. And communication actually begins at the plane selection screen. When I'm matched with my team, I almost always try to choose a set that will go with the map and will compliment what my teammates have. It makes no sense going to the Austrian Fortress map with a team of four fighters. That's never going to work out.

Of course, if you're with a teammate and you're pretty confident they can handle their own, then leave it up to them. I was in a team once with 2 attackers, my friend in a fighter, and I was multi at Pipeline. He said he'll maintain air superiority and everyone else confirmed, including the two other guys we didn't know. And everyone in our team got a better score than the rivals who were mostly fighters.

The same can be applied in the opposite. Like this one time we were heading to Avalon, and as you know, Avalon has a mother load of ground targets. But when I looked at our team I realized everyone else was flying Attackers so I hopped in my fighter. Turns out, everyone in the other team flew attackers too. So what that meant was that there was going to be a huge ground war between teams fighting for the most kills.
As for me? I had nothing and no one to worry about. Though flying targets were minority, I had zero competition, and so I was free to clean up the entire sky and in the long run, scrape up a wealthy enough score to scrape us through for the win.

So yeah, teamwork; it helps. :)

So when does this GTP sortie event start at what time on Sunday?

Yes I second this question, because I'm studying for Finals, but at the same time I'd like to make some time to accommodate some Ace Combat.

And a general question for this thread: Who do you consider Ace of Aces in Ace Combat lore?

I personally think it's a tie between Mobius 1 and Cipher (Galm 1).

@Tired Tyres: I'd loan you some of my credits (with a favorable interest rate on approved credit :D) but I'm hoarding it so I can pay for the SP W upgrades. They ain't cheap. 🤬 Currently a 100,000 away from 4,000,000 credits.

Which brings up a general point I'd like to make. Honestly guys, try to communicate with your team as much as possible. And communication actually begins at the plane selection screen. When I'm matched with my team, I almost always try to choose a set that will go with the map and will compliment what my teammates have. It makes no sense going to the Austrian Fortress map with a team of four fighters. That's never going to work out.

So yeah, teamwork; it helps. :)

IF you can communicate, that is. Best scenario? What was mentioned before: a room with some guys on this forum, where a sort of "role assignment" will have been previously arranged.

Otherwise ... you might get some very humorous results when you try to communicate with some guy from far-far-away land, possibly a kid who just want to have fun playing and doesn't give a rat's ass about scores, ratings and payouts.

BTW way to go Tired Tyres!!! And I was happy with the 40.000+ ...

Back