Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Back to normality this morning. A pair of 29K's. :( Still one of them was a MVP so not too bad.

I'm now 1540 something - if those last two sorties didn't hurt my rating too much.

I did 4 forced sorties and got inside the top 200 to begin the mini-ranking event tonight, I'm hoping I can stay inside the top 5,000. After I finished sortying I upgraded my F-35 to level 6 so I'm looking forward to try that next time I get on.

And a general question for this thread: Who do you consider Ace of Aces in Ace Combat lore?

I personally think it's a tie between Mobius 1 and Cipher (Galm1)

It's obviously Mobius One :sly:. I am a little biased though because AC4 was the first AC I played. Comparing them is tricky however since Cipher has a wingman while Mobius Ones character is portrayed as a one-man super squadron (which makes the Megalith mission super special awesome).

Interested to find out more about the first three games now.

Lol in bringing this up I wonder how much money Namco/Bandai will make when a Mobius or Yellow paint-scheme plane gets put up as a tournament prize. I'd imagine it will be proportional to the commercial success of AC4 relative to the other games.

Last edited:
Time for some E-pin swinging =) I average between 55K and 60K with my Zipang. On a bad day 40K.... swinging aside i'm currently in a conondrum in the form of buying either the F22 or F15S hmmm.....

Time for some E-pin swinging =) I average between 55K and 60K with my Zipang. On a bad day 40K...

:lol: what level is your Zipang? Sortied three times with @Frizbe just under a day ago in my Mirage twice and level five Zipang once. Managed to MVP Dubai with something like 42.5k (great missions in that sortie sesh too, very close between both teams, too bad no MDP's turned up :()

... swinging aside i'm currently in a conondrum in the form of buying either the F22 or F15S hmmm.....

Really depends whether you want a fighter or a multi-role at the moment. Speaking about that does anyone know what the damage bonus is for an aircraft that destroys a target it was built for (ie - fighter to air targets or attacker to ground/sea targets)?

Oh and these might help you decide what to get between the two :P

AgreeableIndelibleHarborseal.gif

Time for some E-pin swinging =) I average between 55K and 60K with my Zipang. On a bad day 40K.... swinging aside i'm currently in a conondrum in the form of buying either the F22 or F15S hmmm.....

If you buy an F-22 just know that Bobert will hate you.

@Louie_Schumii: You do bring up a good point about Cipher having a wingman, however Mobius 1 did have the benefit of having an F-22, and outside of super planes in Ace Combat, it is hands down the best fighter (don't rage at me Bobert you know it's true).

I did 1 sortie almost immediately after the event started and I was ranked 19th :lol:. I felt like taking a picture.
In regards to these events, my only fear at the moment is getting neither the Schnee emblem nor Galm emblem. I don't want to save fuel for Galm and neglect Schnee and then I can't pull off the Galm (which is going to be really tough).:nervous::nervous: That way I end up empty handed with no fuel.:indiff:

And a general question for this thread: Who do you consider Ace of Aces in Ace Combat lore?

I personally think it's a tie between Mobius 1 and Cipher (Galm 1).

Honestly honestly honestly, this has been a huge debate in the Ace Combat community for years now. And as much as I love Mobius, I have to say Galm 1.
Here's my reasoning (most of these are off the top of my head, and I did more research on Zero in recent months so information may be a bit lopsided, so you guys can let me know of stuff I missed):

Mobius (2005)
- Flew an F-22A Raptor
- One man squadron
- More or less single-handed the most feared/skilled squadron of the entire Erusean Air Force, Yellow Squadron, flying Su-37 Terminators
- Destroyed the Stonehenge Turret Network
- Destroyed the massive Megalith Silo

With all these things accomplished, added with the fact that he flew alone shows without any doubt Mobius is one of the most decorated aces to grace the skies.

Cipher (Galm 1) (1995)
- Flew an F-15C
- Two man squadron (Larry "Solo-Wing Pixy" Foulke being Galm 2)
- Fought at least 5 Ace Squadrons(at least one from each group) from at least 3 different countries:

Squadron Group 1
Rot \\ Belkan AF (Typhoon x4)
Indigo \\ Belkan AF (JAS-39C x4)
Grun \\ Belkan AF (F/A-18C x4)

Squadron 2
Gelb \\ Belkan AF (Su-37 x2)

Squadron Group 3
Schnee \\ Belkan AF (F-14D x4)
Silber \\ Belkan AF (F-4E & F16C x4)
Schwarze \\ Belkan AF (MiG-31 x8)

Squadron 4
Espada \\ Sapin AF (Rafale M & J35J Draken)

Squadron Group 5
Sorcerer \\ Osea ADF (F-15S/MTD x8)
Wizard \\ Osea ADF (F-16XL x4 & YF-23 x4)
Gault \\ Belkan AF (Su-47 x8)

- Destroyed the chemical laser system, Excalibur
- Destroyed the XB-0 Hresvelgr heavy command cruiser
- Fought his wingman, Pixy (ADFX-02 Morgan)

I know I may be missing some stuff but I think I got most of the major accomplishments for both parties. I also consider the fact that Mobius flew generally the most technologically advanced fighter at the time against Su-37 aces, while Cipher had a F-15C having to go against aces half of which in prototype fighters. It may be close but I think skill-wise, Cipher steals the show for me.

I think for the GTP sortie event, the person with the highest matchmaking number should host the lobby. Sounds like a good idea?

Does it matter? I can see how it does but we can just kick people. :P

Also haven't played the game in over a week. Anything worth coming back to?

As of now, i sit at 1724. Also, excellent flying tonight from @sumbrownkid and @Revoy. We managed to S clear Dubai with i think nearly 2 minutes left! Hey Revoy, although i hate stealth fighters, you're one of few respectful T50 pilots, so you're a good pilot in my books! Let's hope Sunday will be loads of fun!

Had some really good sorties earlier today with @Geopan973. 👍

Three S Grades before he had to leave, then I got a 4th and then someone predictably enough took out the cockpit on a Moby 1 despite everybody spamming delay the final attack.

An A grade with ages left on the clock :banghead:

@LJP64 Use a mercenary contract on a day you can get plenty of sorties done.

Ok @sumbrownkid @Tired Tyres @Louie_Schumii @Bobert power and @Geopan973 plus any one else I am planning on about 4pm MDT tomorrow for our fly date I'd like to have to room set up for looking for the MD missions but since I'm at work currently I can't remember what the actual setting is :lol: also doesn't matter to me who creates the room I'd like to find 2 more gtp players to have everyone in the from here barring me getting extra fuel tonight after work I will have 8 fuel that I plan on using so a good hour to hour and a half of flying is what I expect :gtpflag:

Edit also would be a good time for any extra contracts to be used to boost your research and cash gains.

I've got an upgrade ticket for getting 3 planes to level 5. Will it cost me the upgrade money to use it?

Ok @sumbrownkid @Tired Tyres @Louie_Schumii @Bobert power and @Geopan973 plus any one else I am planning on about 4pm MDT tomorrow for our fly date I'd like to have to room set up for looking for the MD missions but since I'm at work currently I can't remember what the actual setting is :lol: also doesn't matter to me who creates the room I'd like to find 2 more gtp players to have everyone in the from here barring me getting extra fuel tonight after work I will have 8 fuel that I plan on using so a good hour to hour and a half of flying is what I expect :gtpflag:

Edit also would be a good time for any extra contracts to be used to boost your research and cash gains.

I will try guys, but I can not be certain, because if I am calculating right the time zones 4 MDT is 01:00 AM local time (Athens, Greece). I will add you to my PSN, if I may, and we'll see how it goes. :cheers:

George.

I've got an upgrade ticket for getting 3 planes to level 5. Will it cost me the upgrade money to use it?

Nope. Whatever plane you use that ticket on, you won't pay a cent upgrading from level 5 to 6. So use it wisely. You can use it on whatever plane you play with the most, or you can save it up for a more expensive plane.

Damn... I hope the Su-34 is worth every penny of its price!
571,200 cr for the level 1 plane!!! :eek:
Need money.

It is an excellent plane. But know that I will hate you, and if you and me team up, I will steal your kills. :D

@Frizbe, I'm down for the GTP sortie.

Nope. Whatever plane you use that ticket on, you won't pay a cent upgrading from level 5 to 6. So use it wisely. You can use it on whatever plane you play with the most, or you can save it up for a more expensive plane.

Thanks for you reply. 👍.

Must resist using it on the Mirage, must resist, must resist, there are better planes in the game, must resist. ......

@Frizbe That's 11PM over here. I'll be asleep then.

Tired Tyres one thing I found out today is that when I am trying to not steal kills from my teammates I always end up finishing last! Today, because you were flying in my team, I refrained shooting anything with a blue arrow on it. You saw the results on the first two flights. Anyway, I don't mind being last, the S results were quite satisfactory, but you can't blame a guy for wanting more (money). I am aiming for the F22 too and I have still a long, long way to go.

Cheers!

Gee... I don't know how that happened!!! :D

I changed planes if you remember, and went for air to air only using the F-15. That's how I got the MVP.

It will be Monday 9am here in NZ if my time conversion was right and I've got classes until mid-day T_T

@LJP64 the Su-34 is a lovely attacker. Nice 4AGM loadout. It's also a useful sniper once you get it to Level 4 with those LAGMs assuming you wanted to develop it that much!

Last edited:
Back