Anybody still play GT6?

• Thread starter Convergent
  • 207 comments
Skilled people 425pp RS ???

CS isn't crappy tires mate but realistic and RS aren't at all. @Ridox2JZGTE can tell you he did some few test.

I think IMO people who are using RS for 400-500-600pp are to much focus on win and not on the driving experience and tuning.

Have a look on the Stoners Paradise lobby by Knappe, great racing there and really fair play.
You just do not understand. We in the RS/SRF crowd, like to go as fast as we can, for any given PP.

I and many of the guys I race with have been running like this EVERY NIGHT since GT5 came out. For the most part it is touchless side by side racing, even through the twisties at Eiger short.

It does take skill and lots of it. I would welcome anyone to saddle up with the same equipment we use and try your skills in my room. I really doubt anyone not used to this style of racing would even come close to winning.

You just do not understand. We in the RS/SRF crowd, like to go as fast as we can, for any given PP.

I and many of the guys I race with have been running like this EVERY NIGHT since GT5 came out. For the most part it is touchless side by side racing, even through the twisties at Eiger short.

It does take skill and lots of it. I would welcome anyone to saddle up with the same equipment we use and try your skills in my room. I really doubt anyone not used to this style of racing would even come close to winning.
Ok, after all everybody is free to enjoy the game as he want.
We are just not at all looking for the same thing in GT.

Ok, after all everybody is free to enjoy the game as he want.
We are just not at all looking for the same thing in GT.

Some wanted realistic experience, others do not :) For me, driving pleasure can be from driving replicas.

Regarding grip level of tires, SS = hard slick IRL, most road cars are on comfort tires. My GT4 replicas can are on SS tires and they can still lap quicker than the real best lap record using racing slick, even with full tank weight + same power, gearing etc.

Just for an idea of what sort of stock tire should be :

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 Replica
Tuned to replicate Corvette C5 Z06
Andy Pilgrim World Record at Willow Springs International Raceway
Comfort Medium / Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar

CAR : Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs - Full Running Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 399.9 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1474 kg
Ballast : 60 kg
Ballast Position : -12
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as in real life spec ( 53.5 / 46.5 C&D Test )
Performance Points: 502

Specs - Car & Driver Test Curb Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 600 RPM
Torque : 399.9 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1418 kg
Ballast : 4 kg
Ballast Position : -4
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as in real life spec ( 53.5 / 46.5 C&D Test )
Performance Points: 505

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A ( OPTIONAL ) - INSTALLED.
Wheels : Standard or RAYS GTS
Car Paint : Torch Red or Black or Millennium Yellow or Bordeaux Red Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - FE-4 C5 Z06 Corvette Suspension Package 525/714
C&D Test Ride Height
Personal Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 99 99
Spring Rate: 9.38 12.75
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.8 0.8 ( Front Camber : 0.70 +- 0.50 / Rear Camber : 0.68 +- 0.50 )
Toe Angle: 0.13 0.03 ( Toe In Front : 0.08 +- 0.20 / Toe In Rear : 0.02 +- 0.20 )

Alternative Stock Delivered C5 Z06 Alignment ( 2001 Spec )
Factory Setup more towards understeer

Camber Angle: 0.8 0.3 / 0.8 0.8 ( Most have 0.75 front and rear )
Toe Angle: 0.30 0.10

Alternative Street/Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.0 0.8
Toe Angle: 0.06 0.01

Alternative Aggressive Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.1
Toe Angle: -0.02 0.01

LSD - C5 Z06 GU6 LSD
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

AERO
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
4/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

Notes :

The C5 Corvette was one those cars that never gets old to look at :P I love the shape from the side, the curve of the hood, the short tailed rear end, the C5 just shows what a sexy woman can be in the form of a car :D

This replica is a stock car complete with stock tires replicated.

The power of the C5 Z06 was originally 385 HP when it was 1st released in 2001. Then the car went some changes from 2002 model year, the LS6 engine was upgraded and it grows in power to 405HP with 400lb ft torque, a good increase that also paired with lower weight than the base C5. The test curb weight of the car during Car & Driver Test was 1418kg, this will be optional. I used the heaviest running order weight at 1474kg, about 3250lbs. Weight distribution is at 53.5 / 46.5 as tested by C&D, this is reflected in ballast position.

Suspension for C5 Z06 comes in FE4 Package, different than the FE3 Sports Suspension which was available for Z51 C5. The front transverse composite leaf spring is 525 lb/in in rate, similar to FE3 Z51. The rear transverse composite leaf spring is 714 lb/in, stiffer than the FE3 Z51 rate at 634 lb/in. The Damper and ARB has been setup to give neutral balance, with FE4 Sway Bars Package taken into consideration ( 31mm / 23.6mm ). My personal alignment is used, using the factory range as a base. I provided additional alignment setup, feel free to try them.

The C5 Z06 comes with limited slip differential ( GU6 ), I have used some preload and medium lock to simulate the LSD, this gives much needed traction and stability around Willow Springs ( Big Willow ).

The rear wing is optional, feel free to install it. I simply like the look of it.

The C5 Z06 was tested and tuned at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Willow Springs ( Big Willow and Streets ), Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main aim in this replica is to replicate the lap time at Big Willow that was done on stock factory tire - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. This is comfort medium in GT6 :P The lap time was 1:30.6s on 4th lap by the legendary Corvette Race Driver, Andy Pilgrim. He also fitted Goodyear’s DOT-approved “S” compound version of the F1 and posted 1:28.3s on 3rd hotlap ( feel free to try replicate the time using comfort soft )

The real life race car driver of the C5-R Vette ( Andy Pilgrim ) pulled the magical lap on stock Z06 C5 on 4th lap with OEM Eagle F1 tire to prove his point to a motorcycle magazine that pitted the Z06 C5 against Suzuki GXR1000 - both were tested by Kevin Schwantz - a main feature article of the mag. The test run were heavily biased in favor of the bike and the Z06 C5 was driven with TC Competitive Mode enabled. The magical lap was close to 4 second quicker than the Schwantz manage to pull off. I managed to replicate the magic lap with the replica :P I think I had some slow section ( 2 corners were hairy :lol: ) that could shaved another tenths or two at the very least.

Here is a quote from the letter sent by Andy Pilgrim to the Editor of the Magazine in 2003 :

I have included the replay of the "magical" Lap at 1:30.6s ( Big Willow ) on CM tire + personal alignment setup. Watch it and Enjoy :cheers:

ENJOY :cheers:

ANDY PILGRIM :

Second from the left below, at ROLEX Daytona 24H, on the far right, the legendary Dale Earnhardt, 2 weeks before his passing, RIP.

dale-earnhardt-rolex-24-600mh020811.jpg

daleandy-1297283006.jpg

Andy with his Speed World Challenge Cadillac CTS V and the hot Holly Sonders :P

%7B0570E4EE-74C2-4C61-84B6-3AA20AD51D94%7D163274719_10.jpg

A good driver will be able to at least get 1:31s at Big Willow, like this fellow with Toyo R888 ( much more grippy tire - CS tire in GT6 )

Stock 2003 Z06
275/305 Toyo R888
1:31.4 lap time

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/coulthard-it-will-be-the-biggest-lap-of-my-life

Anyone looking for a challenge. Try doing a 2'05"6 on Mount Panorama(the new real lap record set this passed weekend) Use the XR8 or Lexus IS CCF.

V8 supercars: 650hp/1410kg(the XR8 can only reach 630hp w/o forced induction)

On Mount Panorama, the final drive is set in real life @3:15/310kmh.

The real cars have a locked diff(so, set it to 5/5/5 and no TCS/ABS/SRF.

Front camber is usually at -6°. Less for Bathurst at around -3.5°to -4°

You have skills if you can set a time even close to that.

Oh, and they only use RH tyres for Bathurst the whole weekend.

Last edited:
Fully locked diff will be 60/60/60 ( both acceleration and braking ). The lower the preload/initial, the more it stays open before one of the wheel loses traction/spins quicker than the other. 5/5/5 is as close as open diff it can get ;)

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/coulthard-it-will-be-the-biggest-lap-of-my-life

Anyone looking for a challenge. Try doing a 2'05"6 on Mount Panorama(the new real lap record set this passed weekend) Use the XR8 or Lexus IS CCF.

V8 supercars: 650hp/1410kg(the XR8 can only reach 630hp w/o forced induction)

On Mount Panorama, the final drive is set in real life @3:15/310kmh.

The real cars have a locked diff(so, set it to 5/5/5 and no TCS/ABS/SRF.

Front camber is usually at -6°. Less for Bathurst at around -3.5°to -4°

You have skills if you can set a time even close to that.

Oh, and they only use RH tyres for Bathurst the whole weekend.
They have an actual RH compound in the Aussie V8 series, modeled after the GT tire model? Wow, that's crazy:crazy::crazy:

Decided to stop playing GT6 until a huge update comes out, like the Spec 2.0 update. In the meantime I've gone back to Forza 4.

I play and enjoy it as never before... people will be back after the driveclub fluke will be gone.

It would just take the course maker to be out for tripling the amount of online racers. Main problem is that people print and complain in forums instead of actually racing in online leagues and enjoying the little great things the game offers

"Online was a wasteland from the begining"

It wasn't helped by the fact that the number of rooms listed was only a tiny fraction of the actual number of rooms currently in play. There have been updates to try to fix this problem, but still not fully successful - I often have to supply the actual room number before friends can find the room because it doesn't appear on their listing.

I play and enjoy it as never before... people will be back after the driveclub fluke will be gone.

It would just take the course maker to be out for tripling the amount of online racers. Main problem is that people print and complain in forums instead of actually racing in online leagues and enjoyig the little great things the game offers
Tell 'em Karsten. There's plenty of fun in the right crowd!

They have an actual RH compound in the Aussie V8 series, modeled after the GT tire model? Wow, that's crazy:crazy::crazy:

It's more like try using an RS tyre to achieve that time. I use a DS3 and trying to come close to that, no way.

I have gone back to testing Touring Car Masters set ups. So far, I set a 2min18.858
in my TCM spec Pozzi Camaro. The benchmarkbenchmark is a 2:18 set by John Bowe in his '69 Mustang.

This is why I still find time to play

I play and enjoy it as never before... people will be back after the driveclub fluke will be gone...
Do you really think people are looking for the same thing in DC as they are in GT6 - other than the most casual players, I mean. And what do you mean by 'fluke'?

Me, I still play GT6 - a bit less right now due to the influx of other games I'm interested in (Alien Isolation; Borderlands: Pre-Sequel; Driveclub; Watch Dogs DLC) but I'm sure it'll still be there when I return.

I have the feeling that DC won't live up to the interest of player for long, just that. While i think gt6 might actually outlast it.

But who knows i might be wrong.

......been playing an hour or so every night after work ever since buying it. I've another title, Dragon's Dogma, that I picked up dirt cheap at the same time, and haven't even opened it yet. Then a couple nights ago, I did a fast,loose count of how much credit I'd need to buy every "Premium" cars in the game and....I'm giving up on this game until PDI/Sony decides to give out free codes for those darn micro-transaction credit vouchers. :grumpy:
.....Just kidding. :D

Back