Anybody still play GT6?

• Thread starter Convergent
  • 207 comments
Man, if only the Course Maker and Event Creator was here. Oh how much replayability those two alone will add to the game. :(
In time my friend. I'm keeping a positive outlook for GT6 and in the future updates. I think eventually we will have all that was said we would have. Because you are totally right about the replayability.

Say, that does sound like fun. :) Although I'm too cheap to spend anymore money on buying parts for my cars. :lol:
Haha i feel ya on that. Im sure you already know, But the best/quickest way to grind for credits IMO is the Red bull X2014 Standard Championship Series. 5 races, each one 130,000 credits 1st place. 1st place overall 1,000,000 credits. So 2million credits overall and more if you have the 200% login bonus. And each race is roughly 4 min long. 20min total.
.... and a little side note ... i choose Racing softs and i have Active Steering, Active Stability Management (ASM), ABS, and Skid Recovery Force all turned on. Makes winning much easier and faster. :rolleyes:

Hehehe, I remember seeing a photo of someone winning the Nurburgring 24min in a Honda Odyssey LOL.

I do enjoy doing that too though on the very odd chance that I play. I also like to setup an arcade race on professional, then give the AI a 30-40 second headstart, then try to catch them, then pass them clean, if you hit them, restart.
Hahaha the Honda Odyssey thing is funny. And Yes, what u explained is another fun thing you can do as well. I never thought about giving them a 30 sec lead . That would be nice to do if you were in a more/equal too PP limit car as the AI. That way you know u can keep pace but when the AI does the Famous Rubber-banding effect you can try passing cleanly. Idk if i would have the Self-control and strictness to make myself start over if i fail to keep clean racing. Def a good way to build ur skills up tho.

So, so true.

What really bugs me is that there was an event creator in some 'secret' menu in GT5. It is something that they could implement SO easily, yet they never do! unless its a secret :odd:
Are you serious!? GAAAAAHHH!!! :crazy: *Jumps off cliff* Why can't PD let us have it? :(

In time my friend. I'm keeping a positive outlook for GT6 and in the future updates. I think eventually we will have all that was said we would have. Because you are totally right about the replayability.

Haha i feel ya on that. Im sure you already know, But the best/quickest way to grind for credits IMO is the Red bull X2014 Standard Championship Series. 5 races, each one 130,000 credits 1st place. 1st place overall 1,000,000 credits. So 2million credits overall and more if you have the 200% login bonus. And each race is roughly 4 min long. 20min total.
.... and a little side note ... i choose Racing softs and i have Active Steering, Active Stability Management (ASM), ABS, and Skid Recovery Force all turned on. Makes winning much easier and faster. :rolleyes:
I do have some aids on, like Active Steering to avoid my cars from sliding. I'm wanting to make GT6 feel like a arcade racer, rather than a sim racer. So much fun. :)

@TokoTurismo said
I do have some aids on, like Active Steering to avoid my cars from sliding. I'm wanting to make GT6 feel like a arcade racer, rather than a sim racer. So much fun.

Yes i agree! its definitely fun to be able to switch a few options to make things the harder Sim racing or the NeedForSpeed gas break gas break.
When I'm doing my serious racing i only use ASM-mild and ABS-1. Im still practicing to be able to completely take off ASM and have a competitive pace. There is a Ton of Leagues and Events here on GTPlanet that i would love to participate in but they are all prohibited to ABS-1 only. Im just not fast enough with ABS-1 only for it to be any fun.

Final numbers - registration is over

Huayra / Tokyo R246 TT (Car provided) - 123k

Cappuccino / Willow Spring - Streets Of Willow TT - 53k

Megance R.S. / Twin Ring Motegi East Course TT - 63k

Corvette / Daytona Road Course Drift Trial - 55k

Non Final Numbers - ongoing registration

GTA Round 3 - (7 days) - 69k

BMW VGT / Nürburgring GP/F TT (12 days) - 210k

Interesting stats. Outside of GTA rd.3 which may be less popular for other reasons, the car supplied TT's are much more popular and the VGT is wildly popular. If I were PD and trying to get as many people playing as possible, I'd be creating 2 TT's for each combination, stock with car supplied and tuning open. Something for everyone.

Interesting stats. Outside of GTA rd.3 which may be less popular for other reasons, the car supplied TT's are much more popular and the VGT is wildly popular. If I were PD and trying to get as many people playing as possible, I'd be creating 2 TT's for each combination, stock with car supplied and tuning open. Something for everyone.
We all know how much PD like catering to the masses.

The thing about PD is that they make decisions without knowing if those are going to be good.
They, sometimes, just try something and see what happens.
A few days ago, I asked a couple of things in the PSBlog, and Ken Chan answered me. They are listening he said, always listening.
It was shocking at the beginning, I had never thought they would answer when I was criticizing their work, but it was in a good way. I think everyone of us who are criticizing is because we love the game, and we want it to be excellent.

But I think they got the message, not only mine, but the one from everyone. They really NEED to pay more attention to the things they are lacking.
For example, when they commented on the track creator for GT5, they said it was TOO difficult, so nobody would use it or comprehend it......
..... let me judge for myself for christ's sake ¬¬
Those things are the ones who bothers me. I have a lot of things to do besides work, but when I sit to play a game, most of the time I choose Gran Turismo, and it's sad to see it like this.

Yes i agree! its definitely fun to be able to switch a few options to make things the harder Sim racing or the NeedForSpeed gas break gas break.
When I'm doing my serious racing i only use ASM-mild and ABS-1. Im still practicing to be able to completely take off ASM and have a competitive pace. There is a Ton of Leagues and Events here on GTPlanet that i would love to participate in but they are all prohibited to ABS-1 only. Im just not fast enough with ABS-1 only for it to be any fun.
Hmm. Well I'm one of the hardcore racers who's been asked by three people to join their racing leagues, but I rejected them. I also only had only ABS at 1 since GT5, but now I added other aids to feel like I'm playing an arcade racer. It's okay if you're not fast enough, because I'm not either. :) I rather not join racing leagues but cruise with others online. I mean I pissed off one of the guys who desperately wanted me to join them so they can race me, and be in endurance races with them (oh lord), but I still rejected their request.

Just look for races that are fun, enjoying and especially friendly, but serious ones, in my opinion, are not so fun. (^^') That's just me though, you can join any serious races you want, just practice and you'll get better. :) I'm just sharing how I feel about hardcore racing. Choose a play style you want to play in GT6, whether it's for fun or serious (+ fun), it's your choice. :D:tup:

what a dumb question. YES WE STILL PLAY IT!!!! WE ARE NOT THAT PATHETIC AND WHINY
Who's "we"?

Hmm. Well I'm one of the hardcore racers who's been asked by three people to join their racing leagues, but I rejected them. I also only had only ABS at 1 since GT5, but now I added other aids to feel like I'm playing an arcade racer. It's okay if you're not fast enough, because I'm not either. :) I rather not join racing leagues but cruise with others online. I mean I pissed off one of the guys who desperately wanted me to join them so they can race me, and be in endurance races with them (oh lord), but I still rejected their request.

Just look for races that are fun, enjoying and especially friendly, but serious ones, in my opinion, are not so fun. (^^') That's just me though, you can join any serious races you want, just practice and you'll get better. :) I'm just sharing how I feel about hardcore racing. Choose a play style you want to play in GT6, whether it's for fun or serious (+ fun), it's your choice. :D:tup:

Who's "we"?
Yeah a bit vague i guess. i mean that there is a good portion of people on this forum who play GT6 because they like cars. GT6 is, for me, just a good, interactive way to experience cars. the essence of GT6 isnt actually fun to me, its just the fact that its about cars. but dont get me wrong, i still love GT, but not as a game.

GT6 still has a lot still, unless you played the game since launch. It's been only 2 months and I still have events to do, cars to buy and tune, and players to troll with my minivan.

Yeah a bit vague i guess. i mean that there is a good portion of people on this forum who play GT6 because they like cars. GT6 is, for me, just a good, interactive way to experience cars. the essence of GT6 isnt actually fun to me, its just the fact that its about cars. but dont get me wrong, i still love GT, but not as a game.
Gotta catch em' all. Sorry I couldn't help it. lol. :lol: But yeah, agreed. That's what I like about GT as well. :)

It is a good game, But it HAS to improve MASSIVELY if it wants to keep up with the competition.
I don't think so. It's safe to say that, while it is going to be hella realistic, pCARS simply isn't going to come anywhere close to GT as far as breadth of content or features, and Forza 5's ridiculously expensive and shameless DLC scheme (removing content from F4 to sell back to players in F5? Really? How Micro$oft is that?) really isn't doing it any favors. It ships as a bare-bones game compared to GT, and unless you have over $100 to spend on DLC, it's going to remain that way. The only racing game I can think of that has insanely good physics, a reasonable DLC scheme (at least from a consumer standpoint), and loads of content off the shelf is GT6.

But that's not what this thread is about. Please, let's get back on-topic before our discussion derails the thread completely. If you want, PM me with your response and we'll continue there.

very clever...
Glad you think so. Doesn't matter if one is frustrated with PD, at the end of their rope about PD critics, or somewhere in between as most of us actually are. Yelling and calling people names is never a very clever or effective way to approach a discussion.

Glad you think so. Doesn't matter if one is frustrated with PD, at the end of their rope about PD critics, or somewhere in between as most of us actually are. Yelling and calling people names is never a very clever or effective way to approach a discussion.
wait, i just defended a group of people, and you think i am calling people names? how did... i just dont...! why? and also, why did you quote me for being whiny in the first place. you see, this is the problem with social media. i had NO intention of being whiny, and i most certainly didnt call anyone a name, so i just dont get it. you obviously didn't read my post in the way that i wrote it, and hopefully you now understand that. you also obviously came on this thread, saw a few caps, read the first word, then complained.

Who's "we"?

Good info! thank you for your input and i will def take note of those things. And yes i will continue to practice. not just for leagues but i don't play very much online because i find 90% of the rooms that are actually racing have the aids not allowed but ABS. so i would like to get better with just ABS just to open my chances of finding compatible rooms.
Thx again! take care!

The opinions in this thread are quite the mixed bag of jelly beans so to speak. :lol:
On topic, yes I still play GT6 regularly. I enjoy meeting new people in Nurburgring track days, and running 400pp races with others.
I look forward to each and every update PD releases, and I enjoy the occassional Competitive 50HP Racing with others as well.

I bought all FIA GT3 cars again(EXCEPT THE Standard Audi R8s). I feel these(plus my 15th AE GT3 cars) are GT6s saving grace for me.

Every night 8:00pm central time.

425pp street cars on Racing Soft tires with SRF!

:lol: I just gotta keep saying that to make all of the tire snobs cringe. :lol:
Where is the challenge? I'm doing 425pp but in CM or CS. 425pp Rs I'm sure it's more simple than NFS.

Where is the challenge? I'm doing 425pp but in CM or CS. 425pp Rs I'm sure it's more simple than NFS.
But we all have the same thing. I am not racing the stupid AI robots with all of these tools, I am racing other skilled people with these same tools.

They are just as capable as I am, the skill comes in following, finding their weakness (is their car loose? Tight?) how can I get around them without hitting them?

The difference is, our cars are a lot faster than cars on crappy tires.

But we all have the same thing. I am not racing the stupid AI robots with all of these tools, I am racing other skilled people with these same tools.

They are just as capable as I am, the skill comes in following, finding their weakness (is their car loose? Tight?) how can I get around them without hitting them?

The difference is, our cars are a lot faster than cars on crappy tires.

Skilled people 425pp RS ???

CS isn't crappy tires mate but realistic and RS aren't at all. @Ridox2JZGTE can tell you he did some few test.

I think IMO people who are using RS for 400-500-600pp are to much focus on win and not on the driving experience and tuning.

Have a look on the Stoners Paradise lobby by Knappe, great racing there and really fair play.

Back