Anybody still play GT6?

• Thread starter Convergent
  • 207 comments
Haven't played since early Feb. I only check here about one a month in the fading hopes that there will be a meaningful update besides the boring repetitive time trials. How long are we supposed to wait for the content that was promised.

Haven't played it for months, but I keep checking back thinking I might get back into it with each update.
So in 1.07:
Senna content? meh
vision gt car? meh

None of the voted cars in the suggestion / request list added?
No improvements to career mode?
no hints of course maker?

oh well, I'll see what comes out in the next update.
I think mine is still on v1.02, I havn't played it for that long.

But seriously, I'd actually pay for an update pack that includes cars that we obviously want in the game (ones that have got a lot of votes)

Anybody still play GT6 or just go to GTPlanet?

Yepp! All day Everyday :D Well... maybe not ALL day. But definitely Everyday.

The Update patch 1.02 brought back the login bonus i THINK December 18th. Five days from than, all the way till today i have had the 200% login bonus. And not once did i just turn on my PS3 GT6 than turn it off to keep the bonus going.
I Love this game. YES... PD, Kaz, and (fill-in-the-blank) may have fallen short to what the fans were excepting. Its all over GTPlanet. Cant go to any Thread without seeing someone casting fire at them. But i have yet to turn on my PS3. Get into my GT6 Garage and hop into a car and start tuning/racing and been Frowning the whole time. Still makes me happy. The more content put out just makes me happier.

PLUS! without GT... i would not have found this amazing place called :gtpflag:

So the new round of GTA is up (on the most freeze-happy track - great choice 👍) and here are some numbers.

Seasonals (11 days in)

Megane - 57k

Capuccino - 48k

Huayra - 111k

BMW VGT - (5 days in) - 146k

Corvette Drift Event - (5 days in) - 45k

GTA Round 2 (14 days) - 144k

Round 1 in the same period of time (14 days) had 226k entries.

It also looks like we will be down on seasonals by few k when compared to previous 3 which had 68, 69 and 130k entries respectively.

Still playing but not with my regular online buddies after emigrating. Still keep meaning to find new online friends but just so busy.

I entertain myself with TT's.

Like you all still waiting for the community features.

Still playing but not with my regular online buddies after emigrating. Still keep meaning to find new online friends but just so busy.

I entertain myself with TT's.

Like you all still waiting for the community features.

Hi Papp, are you still in Italy? Only 1 hr ahead, shouldn't be any problem racing with UK base friends.

I don't play it anymore, i get bored to quick. Bspec and the 4hr Nurb Endurance race kept me playing GT5, both are not in GT6 so i put it on ice.

I will play GT6 again, when the joy returns.

I play GT6 when college isn't bogging me down. I traditionally play with a friend in a spec racing room on SS tires. Some good fun in there, usually.

Don't translate numbers to percentages. It's misleading. To me, 50k people (I have no idea of the source or accuracy of this number) is many people.

0.01% of the worlds population is many people, but the percentage is tiny. Done with this.

How are percentages misleading? They show the relativity of two amassed groups in comparision to each's size. It's like saying you have a 1 in 5 chance of dying tomorrow or a 2 in 10 chance of dying tomorrow - both are different numbers but hey you have a 20% chance of dying tomorrow in both!

And no I don't play GT6 anymore, find it boring and lacks the quality and excitement of gt1 through to gt4 - the ps3 GT's are 🤬 IMO. I occasionally load it up to check new content such as updates but even then my interest is lost within 10mins more likely 5! I will also occasionally do a seasonal if there's a prize car, otherwise I don't bother as I only use the dual shock (don't own a wheel) and the game is not made for that :mad:.

I go onto :gtplanet: to find out about any gt related updates, but since lately for a few months this has only been loading the main page for any new news otherwise I haven't bothered to log in. Since last time, nothing much has really changed.

Last edited:
No, I'm done with it

Just lashed out on an Xbox One and Forza 5, very nice too. the game that is, the console is just functional imo

Lol - just functional, hope you have something else besides Forza 5 to make it worthwhile buying. Can you play the previous Forza games on it?

Lol - just functional, hope you have something else besides Forza 5 to make it worthwhile buying. Can you play the previous Forza games on it?
No, I just have Forza 5 at the moment and I'm enjoying it very much

Sadly, the Xbox One isn't backwards compatible. As for it being worthwhile buying well of course I'm in for the long
haul and look forward to some great racing games on it in the future

No, I just have Forza 5 at the moment and I'm enjoying it very much

Sadly, the Xbox One isn't backwards compatible. As for it being worthwhile buying well of course I'm in for the long
haul and look forward to some great racing games on it in the future
Like Forza Horzion 2? I heard rumors of that game maybe coming to E3 this year. They release it 2 years after FM, so expect it to be released this fall. Get ready! :D

How are percentages misleading? They show the relativity of two amassed groups in comparision to each's size. It's like saying you have a 1 in 5 chance of dying tomorrow or a 2 in 10 chance of dying tomorrow - both are different numbers but hey you have a 20% chance of dying tomorrow in both!

Read my post again, maybe? I said: "Don't translate numbers to percentages. It's misleading."

Final numbers - registration is over

Huayra / Tokyo R246 TT (Car provided) - 123k

Cappuccino / Willow Spring - Streets Of Willow TT - 53k

Megance R.S. / Twin Ring Motegi East Course TT - 63k

Corvette / Daytona Road Course Drift Trial - 55k

Non Final Numbers - ongoing registration

GTA Round 3 - (7 days) - 69k

BMW VGT / Nürburgring GP/F TT (12 days) - 210k

Last edited:
Yes Toko, what can do is create a ra.............no wait, you cant do that.:banghead:
you could adjust the diffic...............wait, you cant do that either:banghead:
Here we go, jump in your favorite car and the create a tra....................damn, I give up.:banghead:

Sorry Toko.
It's okay John. 👍 Guess it looks like GT6 doesn't have that much to do anymore (unless new features are added). :(

Yes Toko, what can do is create a ra.............no wait, you cant do that.:banghead:
you could adjust the diffic...............wait, you cant do that either:banghead:
Here we go, jump in your favorite car and the create a tra....................damn, I give up.:banghead:

Sorry Toko.
It's okay John. 👍 Guess it looks like GT6 doesn't have that much to do anymore (unless new features are added). :(

You guys may find it as a MEH kind of option. But something i like to do that keeps me busy in GT6 is i enjoy finding the lowest PP car i can to Win a event with a much higher PP. Like 500 for a 650 pp Series. Can be pretty fun and will actually make the AI seem pretty difficult . hahahhaaha kinda funny when your toe 2 toe with a Zonda while ur in ur Mini Cooper.

You guys may find it as a MEH kind of option. But something i like to do that keeps me busy in GT6 is i enjoy finding the lowest PP car i can to Win a event with a much higher PP. Like 500 for a 650 pp Series. Can be pretty fun and will actually make the AI seem pretty difficult . hahahhaaha kinda funny when your toe 2 toe with a Zonda while ur in ur Mini Cooper.
Say, that does sound like fun. :) Although I'm too cheap to spend anymore money on buying parts for my cars. :lol:

Hehehe, I remember seeing a photo of someone winning the Nurburgring 24min in a Honda Odyssey LOL.

I do enjoy doing that too though on the very odd chance that I play. I also like to setup an arcade race on professional, then give the AI a 30-40 second headstart, then try to catch them, then pass them clean, if you hit them, restart.

Yeah not much to do at all Toko. I spent 15 minutes setting up my rig a while ago, played for literally half a lap of Bathurst, then thought "well that was a waste of bloody time" :grumpy:

Back