Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
:lol: I'm looking forward to new assignments, but yeah, hope it's nothing annoying. I actually killed a tank to get mine, but I know people that killed parked MAVs/T-UGS.

BLITZ_69
:lol: I'm looking forward to new assignments, but yeah, hope it's nothing annoying. I actually killed a tank to get mine, but I know people that killed parked MAVs/T-UGS.

I got lucky and destroyed a VODNIK. Didn't even see it coming. I don't mind new assignments as long as they don't take forever or be ridiculous. I'm by a fan of the whole 'Spend two hours on this map' challenges.

I hope so.

I bought Battlefield 3.
I didn't buy Battleapartmentblock 3.

I doubt I will even bother purchasing the DLC.

Each to their own and all that.

:irked:👍

I would for the weapons, not the maps. If that is only TDM/ SDM, I wont touch it with a barge pole.

Oh yea, I found two tank related glitches recently:

1) If you are in a tank, and go park over a flame, you will take damage but the tank wont.
I was at Damavand in a tank, near B. Some dude was hanging about with a javelin, so I thought if I parked over a flame, it might disrupt his ability to lock (what with the smoke and all). At first I thought someone was repair tooling the tank, but it just turned out the flame was killing me.
2) Tanks can catch fire underwater. I pulled a supanoob move at Sharqi, after jumping in a RU tank at deploy.
I tried to take a shortcut to the TV tower and ended up driving into the ocean :D. So I get kicked out of the tank because its underwater and I and mad because I may have just cost our team a tank if the darn thing doesn’t self destruct. Tried to lob grenades at it, but you cant do that swimming about. Whilst I was figuring out how to destroy it, it caught alight (submerged) and exploded. Win.

BLITZ_69
All vehicles explode when submerged.

Not boats :)
I love how jets get about 5 feet of submarine ability. Has saved me from drowning a bunch. Pretty funny flying in cockpit view.

VEXD
I hope so.

I bought Battlefield 3.
I didn't buy Battleapartmentblock 3.

I doubt I will even bother purchasing the DLC.

Each to their own and all that.

:irked:👍

I don't mind too much. Each pack is themed. First one close quarters and second being heavily vehicle based. This is one of very few games I'll likely buy all DLC for.

BLITZ_69

I did too, well a LAV actually. I also did an Amtrac last night as I had stingers equipped, 3 idiots sat in there while I blew it up with a repair tool :lol:

I actually had nice TDM matches today. The guys I played with seemed to be more organized as we always sticked together, and had a sniper covering us on the maps where possible. I just spammed medic kits whenever I could, and got more points from heals than kills.

After having played Conquest, I don't feel it differs much from TDM. TDM is just killing each other, but in Conquest I feel you do the same but you just try and camp flag points.

Had a horribly irritating game a while back where the enemy team would capture some tanks, and just camped the flag points shooting their cannons at any direction which meant our team couldn't get anywhere near their flag points. So I switched class to get my hands on anti-tank weaponry, but the cannon spamming was so bad I just couldn't get near and get a clean shot.

Caz
Not boats :)
I love how jets get about 5 feet of submarine ability. Has saved me from drowning a bunch. Pretty funny flying in cockpit view.

I saw a guy do that when I was standing right next to him on either Sharki or Kharg. Scared the 🤬 out of me. After which I laughed.

Was a true WTF?!?!?!?! moment.

gogatrs
I saw a guy do that when I was standing right next to him on either Sharki or Kharg. Scared the 🤬 out of me. After which I laughed.

Was a true WTF?!?!?!?! moment.

Was probably me lol.

TdM: it does play similar to conquest. Canals is nice, I love playing the container area.
Afraid to play anymore TDM tho as I'm holding a 10-0 record haha.

I just re-downloaded the PS3 1.3GB B2K map pack and the MG36/B2K guns are now useable on the B2K maps. No more stretched out arms with the gun hanging way up top. 👍 Still waiting for the big patch though.

Ddrizle
I just re-downloaded the PS3 1.3GB B2K map pack and the MG36/B2K guns are now useable on the B2K maps. No more stretched out arms with the gun hanging way up top. 👍 Still waiting for the big patch though.

Yeaa! What about the assignments re-do needed?

Just had five freezes in five games...
:banghead:

I saw there are a few 5 bar Australian servers available now 👍

Every one I tried was shockingly unbalanced, with heaps of level 3 and 4 and 5 guys facing a wall of Wings. Of course, newcomers got plunked into the swarm of newbies :banghead:

I saw there are a few 5 bar Australian servers available now 👍

Every one I tried was shockingly unbalanced, with heaps of level 3 and 4 and 5 guys facing a wall of Wings. Of course, newcomers got plunked into the swarm of newbies :banghead:

Yeah I noted that as well. Seven CQ servers that were all full. I literally only finished 2 games this whole night. Mustve played at least 9.

I went to try CQ for the first time since getting the game and every server wouldn't let me connect, was quite strange. So I went back to playing Rush.

Is this common with CQ servers? or just one of those things?

Hopefully my internet will work properly this evening (Sky says a fix is happening today) so I can join you guys back in the field 👍. DLC looks a bit rubbish to me, if it's TDM only I won't buy unless it's cheap (for weapons).

Yeah I noted that as well. Seven CQ servers that were all full. I literally only finished 2 games this whole night. Mustve played at least 9.
The EA servers seem to be having some issues the last couple days. Its not just BF3. Having some problems in the ME3 co-op also.

Back