Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
Dragonistic
Hopefully my internet will work properly this evening (Sky says a fix is happening today) so I can join you guys back in the field đź‘Ť. DLC looks a bit rubbish to me, if it's TDM only I won't buy unless it's cheap (for weapons).

Patrick
It'll most likely be $15 like the last one.

I'd assume $15 too. Vietnam and Karkand were both big expansions with new guns and maps as well do I wouldn't expect any different here.

I really miss what they did with Bad Company 2 where they brought out a couple new maps a month. I really wish they'd do that again.

Patrick
It'll most likely be $15 like the last one.

Brand new game costs 69,95€ in Finland and if i buy all DLC's their 15€ each and there will be 4 of them so 4x15 60€, so the full price for the game is 129,95€! Holy crap!

I know i can buy the game for cheaper price from somewhere else.

Tzun
Brand new game costs 69,95€ in Finland and if i buy all DLC's their 15€ each and there will be 4 of them so 4x15 60€, so the full price for the game is 129,95€! Holy crap!

I know i can buy the game for cheaper price from somewhere else.

Well I got the 1st DLC free because I preordered but even if I didn't the 4 DLCs basically cost the price of the game over again. The thing is though they add new maps, new guns and usually new vehicles with each expansion. If you add those 4 DLC expansions together you essentially get what you originally got when you bought the game new. I don't think that's such a bad deal especially when with COD you get 4 maps... That's it, and usually one is zombies co-op when Treyarch makes it

CMvan46
Well I got the 1st DLC free because I preordered but even if I didn't the 4 DLCs basically cost the price of the game over again. The thing is though they add new maps, new guns and usually new vehicles with each expansion. If you add those 4 DLC expansions together you essentially get what you originally got when you bought the game new. I don't think that's such a bad deal especially when with COD you get 4 maps... That's it, and usually one is zombies co-op when Treyarch makes it

Still, pretty expensive.

It is essentially buying a new game. Price and content wise.
4 dlcs = 16 new maps, at least 20 new weapons, new vehicles
Vanilla game = roughly the same content. For the price. Less maps though with more weapons so far.

You get a hell of alot of content for your money.

Not trying to call you out in particular. Its the whole dlc argument I just don't get. Some stuff is overpriced for sure and dlc that is held back or would have only held release up a short while ( day1dlc for example. Maybe 2 week delay to have that printed on discs....) to be able to charge a price for is wrong and can understand. But for a company to be supporting a game over a year after release ( end game ) is nice and if the cost of a new game over 1 year is to much then I hope you font play sports games. Alot less new content in those eery year compared to what you get in the shooter genre for the same price.

Edit. Ill be on bf3 later. Around 11 EST.

Well if it's confirmed that the CQ pack it to be based around death match modes I'll be giving it a miss.
The armoured warfare pack to be released later will be on my to purchase list though.

Cheers Shaun.

Sortof, but not inparticularly. You just sparked a rant.
I did mention that I was not calling you out in my "text".
Apologies if offence was taken.

Caz
Sortof, but not inparticularly. You just sparked a rant.
I did mention that I was not calling you out in my "text".
Apologies if offence was taken.

I know but you was talking about the peice and stuff. And i actually have NHL 11 & 12 (sport games) lol.

If there's any hardcore sniper's out there on PS3 join our platoon via my website [editted by mod]which you can locate in my signature or by PMing me[/editted by mod]

The platoon owner's friend is working on getting us our own server which we can use for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent7Sniper7
If there's any hardcore sniper's out there on PS3 join our platoon via my website [editted by mod]which you can locate in my signature or by PMing me[/editted by mod]

The platoon owner's friend is working on getting us our own server which we can use for anything.

Hardcore snipers = bush wookies... :lol:

Not what Battlefield is all about and I'd play COD if I wanted to be a sniper.

CMvan46
Not what Battlefield is all about and I'd play COD if I wanted to be a sniper.
- Setting up strategic spawn points for your team
- Setting up TUG or MAV in various locations so your front line team doesn't get flanked and is always aware of where enemies are
- Spotting enemies so your team knows exactly what to expect ahead
- Sniping as many enemies from affar as possible to make your ground troops advancement much easier
- and SOFLAM to make Engineer & Vehicle drivers jobs easier

Yep, this is so not what Battlefield is all about... ... :)
Does your favourite weapon happen to be the USAS-12 with FRAG rounds? :sly:

Last edited:
Hurr. Does annoy me though that the points system doesn't work that well for Recon, for example, 2 enemies go and capture Monument at Seine and I'm in that building covering it between Back Streets and Narrow Passage, I headshot them both yet get no objective based score. Flag defence only works if you're inside said flag, which doesn't really make sense!

Hurr. Does annoy me though that the points system doesn't work that well for Recon, for example, 2 enemies go and capture Monument at Seine and I'm in that building covering it between Back Streets and Narrow Passage, I headshot them both yet get no objective based score. Flag defence only works if you're inside said flag, which doesn't really make sense!
DICE just hates Snipers. Sniper damage is artificially halved. Bullet drop seems to only affect sniper rounds. Your sight is brighter than a supernova, from miles away, at night, behind cover (tree leaves/bushes).
I hope I run into some DICE devs online and punish them with my bolt action sniper rifle:mischievous:

Thanks for the redemption rounds gunny :cheers:. I say that as I was getting mighty frustrated before that (as you might have been able to tell at Metro :D) but we actually had a good squad going after Metro (that rookie_uprisigng guy was pretty handy) so we seemed to be "the" squad of our team. Metro and Seine turned into a hammering, but we did what we could and got revenge on all the tanks maps.

Part of my frustration was breaking in the PKP vs USAS' at Metro and Bazaar :ouch:. I sort of like it, although the initial recoil is monumental for the first 10 rounds if you keep the trigger down. Very handy in close quarters though if you tap fire - 3 shot kills :).

I have developed a frustrating muscle memory habit of pressing R3 when I encounter a CQC situation though. So I end up lying down in front of the enemy and getting shot to pieces. So annoying :mad:

Last edited:
TP1
- Setting up strategic spawn points for your team
- Setting up TUG or MAV in various locations so your front line team doesn't get flanked and is always aware of where enemies are
- Spotting enemies so your team knows exactly what to expect ahead
- Sniping as many enemies from affar as possible to make your ground troops advancement much easier
- and SOFLAM to make Engineer & Vehicle drivers jobs easier

Yep, this is so not what Battlefield is all about... ... :)
Does your favourite weapon happen to be the USAS-12 with FRAG rounds? :sly:

Not at all... Most kills are with the SCAR then the FAMAS, M16A4, then the M1 Tank and then the T-90 tank.

I can spot with all other classes, nobody used the Javelin so the SOFLAM is useless, no snipers get themselves ahead enough to actually place a mobile spawn which goes for the TUG as well, and if your flying a MAV around the whole game your really not being much a sniper are you?

I can out score, out shoot, and be a better team player in any other role and if a team had anymore than 2 snipers on it they are doomed from the start. It's not Battlefield and never has been.

Thanks for the redemption rounds gunny :cheers:. I say that as I was getting mighty frustrated before that (as you might have been able to tell at Metro :D) but we actually had a good squad going after Metro (that rookie_uprisigng guy was pretty handy) so we seemed to be "the" squad of our team. Metro and Seine turned into a hammering, but we did what we could and got revenge on all the tanks maps.

Thanks mate, was enjoyable. Even Metro :sly: where I somehow managed the most kills for the round. Pretty sure I could honestly say that is the first time I've managed that at Metro. :embarrassed:

Tank maps were great đź‘Ť, as you know it's more my thing.
I just had a quick look at the stats and in our last four rounds I didn't have one kill with a gun. :lol:

Cheers Shaun.

TP1
Bullet drop seems to only affect sniper rounds.

I don't believe this for a second. If I fired a sniper round at a guy at the range I would any other weapon, the bullet drop would be next to nothing. If I tried to fire say, an M16, at the range I would have to calculate drop with a sniper rifle, I'd probably waste all of my ammo before I even hit the guy because I'd have to guess how far up I'd have to aim.

Edit: And things like tank shells and bullets from air vehicles.

BLITZ_69
I don't believe this for a second. If I fired a sniper round at a guy at the range I would any other weapon, the bullet drop would be next to nothing. If I tried to fire say, an M16, at the range I would have to calculate drop with a sniper rifle, I'd probably waste all of my ammo before I even hit the guy because I'd have to guess how far up I'd have to aim.

Edit: And things like tank shells and bullets from air vehicles.

Yep I entirely agree. Sniper rifles have the least bullet drop of any gun in the game and that includes tank cannons as blitz said. It screws me up the rare time I pull out a sniper rifle because I can now aim directly at the guy I'm shooting.

Had my Battlefield moment last night on rush Canals. I was on defence and a guy flying their little bird tried to get a little too close to B and crashed. It didn't blow up the chopped though and I was standing right next to it so I shot the pilot and the 3 passengers while he was still on the ground and everybody was inside. I fixed it up with my stolen repair tool and away I went. They never even touched the shore after that point and everytime one of their guys tried to fly I shot the other chopper it was shot down. I got 2 air warfare ribbons for my efforts :), good time, hard not to spawn camp at that point though.

As an added bonus I was playing with some pretty funny mic'ed randoms and one decided to spawn in the chopper and shoot their snipers on the boat with his sniper. I think he got 2 at decent range too.

Love the pkp. The mg36 ( thinl thats the name) isnt bad but the pkp is badass. I have 4 stars with that gun

Currently trying to level it up đź‘Ť Just have to remember not to be a trigger jockey...

Some ****bag just went 26-0 with a MAV at Metro, including killing me twice. When is this lousy patch coming :mad:.

Mixed rounds this morning - kicked randomly more times then I can remember, crunched at Damavand once (although not as bad as "that" round at metro gundalini :crazy:) and had a few good rounds at Metro and Seine.

Found that claymore's on the steps leading up from D to C at Seine are an enemy magnet :D

Had a bad couple nights. Think I was losing 2-1. No one was doing anything. Couple if rounds within minutes we were pushed back to spawn point.metro,sienne and damavand peak.
Busted out mortars on metro and cleared a path to Cafe. We took that but it was to little to late. Another round on damavand, I parked our helicopter on the mining ledges and kept taking there's down as soon as it was airborne. This was only after all hope was lost for the round. Also on canals had a wtf moment. Flying around the helicopter wrecking the carrier I had a customer come in so I landed on the carrier. Sat there for five minutes, customer left and I took off just in time. C4 jihadist just missed my chopper, but not himself ;)

Edit: ill be on in about an hour or so if anyone wants to play. Wont have a mic, but do listen to orders ;)

On canals, if I'm a passenger in the ZII or whatever the helicopter is, and I jump onto the enemy carrier, and hop into the enemy chopper quick enough, I can take it right?

On canals, if I'm a passenger in the ZII or whatever the helicopter is, and I jump onto the enemy carrier, and hop into the enemy chopper quick enough, I can take it right?

Should work, as long as your chopper isnt to far of the deck, and be prepared to shoot incase someone spawns in the pilot seat

You certainly can.

This worx well for taking the enemies Viper/Havoc at Firestorm, Caspian, Kharg-not so much.

:irked:đź‘Ť

gogatrs

Yep you get the standard 10 seconds before you "commit suicide."

Back