Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
IMO, its a bit sensitive but using the Test range should help you getting use to it.

This is the idea. Just keep jumping into the test range for a few minutes at a time and mess around in there with the helicopters. You will eventually pick up how to fly the things.

The AA is a bit OP at the moment. There's also too many hand held launchers that can attack helicopters. And now that they added the limited amount of ammo for vehicles, almost anything possible is going against the Attack Heliopters.

Can you have a friend place an ammo pack on the side of the chopper? Wouldn't that replenish ammunition, or does that not work? Sorry, I don't know much about Battlefield.

Can you have a friend place an ammo pack on the side of the chopper? Wouldn't that replenish ammunition, or does that not work? Sorry, I don't know much about Battlefield.
Those only effect weapons. The vehicle ammo automatically replenishes after a few seconds. But a few seconds is very important on the battlefield. :sly:

Those only effect weapons. The vehicle ammo automatically replenishes after a few seconds. But a few seconds is very important on the battlefield. :sly:

Ok. I noticed the ammo auto-refill in a half-hour video today. A guy got a 96 kill streak in a full match on Flood Zone with the AH-6J. Fancy flying.

For flying, I recommend getting it got next gen. It's harder to fly on PC and the graphics and over feel is really bad on current gen.

For flying, I recommend getting it got next gen. It's harder to fly on PC and the graphics and over feel is really bad on current gen.

I'm still trying to get as much as I can out of my PS3 before buying a PS4. Not sure if I will even get one since I need to get a job and save up for college funds soon. Sorry for going off-topic, staff.

Its hard to fly in general, I really don't know how those ninjas can fly that well.. I keep crashing choppers. Its getting better but still no where near what I think I should be able of doing.. My friends try sometimes but they crash too. Most of the times we have just enough time to yell JUMP! to survive :lol:

-and I don't think that's because I'm on current gen :scared: -

Its hard to fly in general, I really don't know how those ninjas can fly that well.. I keep crashing choppers. Its getting better but still no where near what I think I should be able of doing.. My friends try sometimes but they crash too. Most of the times we have just enough time to yell JUMP! to survive :lol:

-and I don't think that's because I'm on current gen :scared: -
I was amazing in BF3. I think DICE made the physics a bit awkward in BF4.

I'm still trying to get as much as I can out of my PS3 before buying a PS4.
Same

I prefer flying helicopters on PC. Tanking too since they changed the controls for bf4. Only jets are better, I feel, on a controller.

I prefer flying helicopters on PC. Tanking too since they changed the controls for bf4. Only jets are better, I feel, on a controller.
You can change them back, when I fly, right stick does pitch and yaw and left stick does bank (console), and I was able to change vehicle throttles back to R2/L2

I think it's easier to be accurate with a mouse than a stick because you have finer control, maybe it's all the practice I got in Arma 2 but I love flying choppers with a mouse. Jets are a little more difficult because you keep having to do the lift and set thing like a crazy person, but choppers are ok.

I have become proficient enough in a jet that I no longer feel like I am wasting one if I jump into a jet. However, being able to do the the lift and set thing is important while flying a jet, speed control is more important. Maintaining 300-320 knots while turning makes all the difference.

I think its easier to control flying vehicles easier on console, because you use two joysticks, which gives you a better feeling than pressing down a few button and pushing a mouse in directions.

I'm a little confused about the purpose of fighter jets in this game.

Let's say I'm playing conquest. What am I supposed to do? I cant capture an objective because I'm in the area for about a second, and it's nearly impossible (for me, anyway) to shoot enemy infantry or ground vehicles using the cannon's. The only purpose I can see is taking down enemy helicopters or jet's, but that isn't really the point of conquest, is it?

Let's say I'm playing conquest. What am I supposed to do? I cant capture an objective because I'm in the area for about a second, and it's nearly impossible (for me, anyway) to shoot enemy infantry or ground vehicles using the cannon's. The only purpose I can see is taking down enemy helicopters or jet's, but that isn't really the point of conquest, is it?
You're supposed to shoot the ground vehicles so the ground vehicles won't shoot your infantry, who are capturing the flags.

If you haven't unlocked much, you can spot like a mad man, or you can take out enemy air vehicles, or you can play CR air superiority until you do unlock stuff and become a better pilot and take out enemy ground vehicles with the air to ground missiles

I've seen some of the best BF3 pilots laying waste to the ants (players) on the ground with the cannon on jets.

Quick question: Is the A10 Warthog restricted to a few maps, or can you get it on any map which allows jets?

The attack jets, A-10 included, are pretty much on every map that jets are included. Unlike BF3, where attack jets were Rush only, BF4 has both a stealth and attack on the majority of the maps. However, I believe China Rising is stealth jets only.

Mobile AA is a bit overpowered, already felt that way about it but now that I've been a monster with it in one round of Obliteration, there's no doubting it. One well aimed burst takes down any chopper....

I didn't even touch the anti-air missiles. Just stuck with the 30mm cannon. Only death I had was when a tank got a good line of sight on me for too long. Didn't move from the spot I was in for most of the match. Just made sure I could take out their choppers so they couldn't utilize them. Even had a squad member stick around me for repair purposes since our team was dominating and I was being effective.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/450898072904724288/175770618/

Mobile AA is a bit overpowered, already felt that way about it but now that I've been a monster with it in one round of Obliteration, there's no doubting it. One well aimed burst takes down any chopper....

I didn't even touch the anti-air missiles. Just stuck with the 30mm cannon. Only death I had was when a tank got a good line of sight on me for too long. Didn't move from the spot I was in for most of the match. Just made sure I could take out their choppers so they couldn't utilize them. Even had a squad member stick around me for repair purposes since our team was dominating and I was being effective.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/450898072904724288/175770618/

As a regular jet player (just because no one else bothers and they can be useful with the right loadout) I can honestly say there are very few things more annoying than an AA who sits in their own base for the entire round destroying everything. I don't blame the players, though, it's up to DICE to make sure that kind of thing isn't viable and yet here we are... Attack jets can't kill an AA with reactive armour in one run, and you can be sure a player with even one wit about them will shoot the jet down on it's second run, then hop out and repair. Taking out an AA means teamwork (impossible with randoms, very hard even with friends and voice chat, probably only possible with serious clanmates who have drills for that kind of situation), so not only are they lethal when left alone, they're also very distracting when you want to go after them.

The Mobile AA is not as overpowered as it had been prior to the recent tweaks. However, it is still very good. I mostly just try to avoid the area they are in and hope that whoever is using the thing is not very good at using it.

I have a problem with the attack jets not being to at least have a chance at going against them. While the Mobile AA should be an almost hard counter for the attack jets, the attack jets should be able to stand toe to toe when expertly piloted. It should be that whoever uses their vehicle more effectively is the one who consistently wins. With the setup now, it makes little difference because the Mobile AA nearly always wins.

Three Youtuber posted a video about it. They almost got me too. A lot of people even used it today.
It was buffed a little bit in the last patch though (almost no recoil) but it still only shoots 650 rpm.

As a regular jet player (just because no one else bothers and they can be useful with the right loadout) I can honestly say there are very few things more annoying than an AA who sits in their own base for the entire round destroying everything. I don't blame the players, though, it's up to DICE to make sure that kind of thing isn't viable and yet here we are... Attack jets can't kill an AA with reactive armour in one run, and you can be sure a player with even one wit about them will shoot the jet down on it's second run, then hop out and repair. Taking out an AA means teamwork (impossible with randoms, very hard even with friends and voice chat, probably only possible with serious clanmates who have drills for that kind of situation), so not only are they lethal when left alone, they're also very distracting when you want to go after them.
I wasn't in the base with it. I'm not a cheese. I was out in the open along the edge of the water on Shanghai. Enemy infantry had a chance to take me out, but they didn't take the time to sneak around me since I didn't have proximity scan on, so when I saw the recon dropping C4 on the road in front of me, I just backed up and shot him.

I wasn't in the base with it. I'm not a cheese. I was out in the open along the edge of the water on Shanghai. Enemy infantry had a chance to take me out, but they didn't take the time to sneak around me since I didn't have proximity scan on, so when I saw the recon dropping C4 on the road in front of me, I just backed up and shot him.

I didn't mean to imply you were, but I think the MAA could do with a bit of a nerf. Not too much, I think they could make the armour a bit weaker and increase the repair time. That would help jets out immensely without punishing the MAA player for the opposing team's lack of enthusiasm for destroying it, if you get what I mean, i.e. it would still be a threat and still require some specific effort to take out, but it would be less impossible to kill. Same goes for scout choppers with two engineers repairing, they're practically impossible to take down if you're the only person who wants to kill it!

Yeah, at first when I saw the changes for the scout choppers, I was worried that they went overboard with nerfing the changes, but I think they could still use some nerfing. I sat in one with my friend flying it, and I wasn't even an engineer and he managed to go 42-7 on Paracel Storm without ever having a guy repairing the chopper for the entire round when he was flying. Being a recon, I just sat in the back throwing out motion sensor balls. It also helped that another friend was flying a jet so it kept the enemy jet off of us as well.

I like the buff that the transport chopper miniguns got. I can actually kill things with them now.

Back