Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
I felt the same way with the M1014 aiming. It's a great gun, the saiga with modified choke is great too. I feel like the modified choke gives a nice tight but not slug like spread.

I bet it does. I usually play HC (I find it easier to make kills on groups) so the circle doesn't show so I never got used to hipfire unless I was a sniper on the run I may make a COD move and switch to my SW40 real quick to be safe. For some reason I feel like when I look down sights of a shotgun my aim moves slightly more than other guns so full choke didn't help me, I bet I would've got better over time though, did you ever notice something like that?

I have not really had any issue with the full choke, outside of trying to hipfire when I should be aiming down the sights or not being patient with my shots, shooting as fast as possible, and being much too inaccurate/wasting ammunition.

I guess I made it sound like the choke made me inaccurate. Even just a stock shotgun felt like I was compelled into looking into the sights but firing before really aiming and the tight spread of the choke would mean I missed completely and by the second shot the enemy knew I was there and didn't have any hit damage as opposed to a few pellets hitting the enemy. In normal mode when I try this it fails all the time because of increased health and the number of shots it takes to kill.

So anybody got Second Assault on PS4? I really want to play on Operation Metro as I've never tried 64 conq matches in BF3. Also I'm not planning on getting Premium, thoughts?

It would be cheaper to get premium. If you want each dlc content but if you only want the one then just buy that map pack. Plus every dlc there is 10 new levels I'm currently level 25 but working my way up to the highest level.

I finally managed to turn, my way of playing, around. I had an awefull habit of running around like, how I called myself, a kamikaze rambo which mostly ended up in me getting shot first simply because I wasn't ready to defend myself.
With the help of youtubers levelcap and matimio's videos. And so I gained up on my K/D, having about 300 more deaths than kills I now am standing at 100 more kills than deaths.
With this I now enjoy playing BF4 much more as before.

So anybody got Second Assault on PS4? I really want to play on Operation Metro as I've never tried 64 conq matches in BF3. Also I'm not planning on getting Premium, thoughts?

Sorry for the late reply but yeah the Second Assault maps on PS4 are great fun IMO.
Metro is just nuts with 64 player (I had previous experience with it on PC also) but don't expect to see much of the map apart from the B flag area. Even with the added entrances to the area the extra players just cause extra choke points. Out of all the times I've played the map I've probably only seen either deployment area a few times. As an advantage I've never been in a round where either team was pushed back to their deployment and unable to get out which was common on PS3.

Caspien and Firestorm are also great with the extra flags. 👍
Oman is give or take for me personally as it was never one of my favourite maps.

I bought the second assault DLC only and have no intention of getting Premium for a couple of reasons.

1. Dice really need to get the game sorted properly, when it's running fine I love it but the rubber-banding can be real bad at times especially on the larger vehicle focused maps which is extremely frustrating.
2. Between the Vanilla maps and Second Assault that's more than enough gameplay for myself, I had premium for BF3 and always found myself going back to the original maps anyway which is why I purchased Second Assault.

Sorry for the late reply but yeah the Second Assault maps on PS4 are great fun IMO.
Metro is just nuts with 64 player (I had previous experience with it on PC also) but don't expect to see much of the map apart from the B flag area. Even with the added entrances to the area the extra players just cause extra choke points. Out of all the times I've played the map I've probably only seen either deployment area a few times. As an advantage I've never been in a round where either team was pushed back to their deployment and unable to get out which was common on PS3.

Caspien and Firestorm are also great with the extra flags. 👍
Oman is give or take for me personally as it was never one of my favourite maps.

I bought the second assault DLC only and have no intention of getting Premium for a couple of reasons.

1. Dice really need to get the game sorted properly, when it's running fine I love it but the rubber-banding can be real bad at times especially on the larger vehicle focused maps which is extremely frustrating.
2. Between the Vanilla maps and Second Assault that's more than enough gameplay for myself, I had premium for BF3 and always found myself going back to the original maps anyway which is why I purchased Second Assault.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to do the same, I'm not interested in the other map packs :)

As a premium member for both battlefield 3 and battlefield 4, you are not making a bad call. I love the silly perks and double xp that you got from being premium, and the new map packs are great...but i usually revert back to "vanilla" maps like you guys. I really do play them all but in the end I'm back to the originals.

That being said I'm still going premium on the next edition.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to do the same, I'm not interested in the other map packs :)

How do you know you won't be intrested in dragons teeth or final stand? No real details have been released as yet. :) Personally premium is a given for me. I know i'd be buying each dlc anyway so the £20 saving is enough for me let alone with the extras that come with it. If you don't play BF much than maybe premium isn't really a good idea but if your even semi serious about BF its a must have in my opinion.

On another note I unlocked my phantom camo today. Jet kills and shotgun parts were done ages ago. Just had accumalate all the
pistol kills. In the process iv'e found I prefer the semi auto pistols to the SW40 again. In particular the CZ75, P226 and QSZ-92.

I came to the same conclusion with pistols. The SW40 is nice. However, the six round capacity is very limiting and the recoil becomes too excessive at anything but very close ranges.

Sounds like you rustled some jimmies.

fcb27bd7bd9b341ed4ac4642205f8dad3724ad4af8eb661b534ebaed1c7dd736.jpg

I came to the same conclusion with pistols. The SW40 is nice. However, the six round capacity is very limiting and the recoil becomes too excessive at anything but very close ranges.
I love the SW40, on hardcore it's everything the other revolvers aren't, will easily kill when you get 2-3 shots on target and combined with the high ROF it's deadly. The REX and .44 suffer because they don't 1HK in hardcore and the slow ROF stops you from finishing the job on he follow up shots.

I love the SW40, on hardcore it's everything the other revolvers aren't, will easily kill when you get 2-3 shots on target and combined with the high ROF it's deadly. The REX and .44 suffer because they don't 1HK in hardcore and the slow ROF stops you from finishing the job on he follow up shots.

We wernt doubting the killing potential of the SW40, infact its probably the most deadly pistol in the game one on one. What I feel with the the SW40 is that its a really easy sidearm to use and get a grasp of and on the other hand quite limited, Its just the other pistols while harder to master are more rewarding in a few crucial ways. For example. While they lack the one on one power of the SW40 they can still kill effectively, even better if you teach yourself to go for headshots. They can be suppressed, have fast ROF and reloads and most importantly don't suffer from that slight wierd inaccuracy that the SW40 does. I suppose it depends on your pistol skill level, And what your prefer. The raw one on one ability of the SW40 or the ability to be able to take on multiple targets with a single mag with the option to suppress.

Edit - seeing your a hardcore player I suppose its irrelavant, Seeing as every weapon is easy to kill people with on that. ;)

I like the SW40 other everything but the Shorty 12G in close quarters. The added power of the round fired from the SW40 is awesome. However at distances longer than close quarters, I can have a difficult time landing follow up shots if follow up shots are needed with the SW40. With the 9mm or .45 ACP pistols, follow up shots are not nearly as much of a problem. That benefit combined with faster reloads and higher rates of fire is why I like the semi auto pistols better.

Oh, too bad. I was hoping for when my PS4 arrives, it would be over with the freezes and disconnections. Guess not. :irked:
Rubberbanding in conquest and it's unplayable as it's on 64 man servers, and audio issues at the start of almost every game. Getting disconnected from servers wouldn't be an issue with the ability to squad up was there. The only positive is that freezing doesn't occur, and the random, uncommon error that does show up only kicks you out to the PS4's menu instead of needing to restart the system.

My friends and I have stuck to playing Obliteration as it's the only mode we can play since we also avoid Rush since it's heavily unbalanced.

I strongly feel it will never be as polished as 3 ended up. ( notthat it was perfect).

There are maps i literally cannot play. They simply will not load for me. No matter how many times i have deleted and reinstalled all data, the same maps still hang on the next round title screen. Playing and commander mode.

Tickrate being 100 ms is a major problem aswell, essentially adding up to 100 ms of ping time. This is alot of the cause of being hit behind cover, enemies killing you while facing awayor clearly reloading, poor hit detection, and the one shotkill bug.

As a huge fan of the series, its damaged for me.

I finally convinced a couple friends to make the switch after years of trying, only to have them have a broken experience and swear off any future installments.

I myself am on the fence wether ill purchase any more in the franchise, and if i do it certainly will not be day 1 again like the last 4 bf games ive purchased.

Is there any european PS4 players in here, because I am always on the lookout for more allies. 👍

When your game crashes, does the points/experience you've earned from playing halfway through that round get counted or are they gone?

I was having a good game. A GOOD GAME. I was playing the objective and managed to kill a few people. Locking it down! Even knifed a camping sniper. Live is good as an engineer. When all of a sudden, freeze. GODDAMN!!! :mad:

Caz
There are maps i literally cannot play. They simply will not load for me. No matter how many times i have deleted and reinstalled all data, the same maps still hang on the next round title screen.
I had that in BF3 too. Grand Bazaar always hangs at the loading screen and you know what fixed it? Buying premium, lol. I don't know how or why but it did.

Last edited:
How do you know you won't be intrested in dragons teeth or final stand? No real details have been released as yet. :) Personally premium is a given for me. I know i'd be buying each dlc anyway so the £20 saving is enough for me let alone with the extras that come with it. If you don't play BF much than maybe premium isn't really a good idea but if your even semi serious about BF its a must have in my opinion.

If EA decide to release a BF4 Premium Edition (like they did with BF3) at the end of the year, and if you are willing to wait, maybe consider that (even despite paying for the game again :indiff:...)

When your game crashes, does the points/experience you've earned from playing halfway through that round get counted or are they gone?

I was having a good game. A GOOD GAME. I was playing the objective and managed to kill a few people. Locking it down! Even knifed a camping sniper. Live is good as an engineer. When all of a sudden, freeze. GODDAMN!!! :mad:
They count as when the match eventually ends without you, you still recieve the battle report on battlelog. Only with you showing as you would've quite the match. Down on the bottom of the list and greyed out.

Back