Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
It removes the battlelog stuff from the upper right of the screen while you are spawned in the game.
Yeah I know, but none of the settings are through that anyways, thats what I was saying. I thought the HUD stuff was through the settings menu.

I feel like they really adressed quite a lot of the stuff, the whole gaming experience now is much more smooth and a little bit more satisfying. Did they throw away the balance of the Famas though?

Anyways, pretty happy with Battlefield 4.5, should've been BF4 in the first place, but hey what can you expect with EA, eh?

Famas is awful....

I was going to say I didn't like the changes, but I'm jumping between weapons so I held back. I like everything better now. Just need to adjust to it.

There are some bugs still though...

The complete view customization is on options > gameplay, and then all the way down to 'more advanced options' or something along those words.
You can adjust everything, minimap size and size of friendlies and enemies in the minimap, objective visibility and size, etc.

This sequence I just had annoyed me quite a bit....

Kill, kill, kill, destroy spawn beacon, reload, get killed by guy who spawned on spawn beacon after it was destroyed.

^Never had that happen before. Someone spawning on the beacon just after it got destroyed.

I kind of like the new thing that came with the update.
The only thing that doesn't seem to align is the enemies' visibility. It seems like they are dimmed just like I set my friendlies to be eventhough I set enemies at 100% all the way.

Also, I noticed that the server test (options > R3 button) is more accurate now.
Before the update I would get latency numbers on EU servers like 0.07ms which is insanely low now that I think of it.
Now if I do the same test on EU servers I got like 50.0 - 70.0ms latency. This is still a decent number, I think, as it's still only 0.05 - 0.07sec latency.
So @GTPorsche, I was wrong yesterday saying the server was too laggy for me. It was just one of those bad games where you can't seem to kill any enemies. :sly:

Also, I noticed that the server test (options > R3 button) is more accurate now.
Before the update I would get latency numbers on EU servers like 0.07ms which is insanely low now that I think of it.
Now if I do the same test on EU servers I got like 50.0 - 70.0ms latency. This is still a decent number, I think, as it's still only 0.05 - 0.07sec latency.
So @GTPorsche, I was wrong yesterday saying the server was too laggy for me. It was just one of those bad games where you can't seem to kill any enemies. :sly:
When you joined and it was just me, it was a US East server. when you joined me and my friend later, it was a European server as he's Irish. Surprisingly, I had no issues yesterday on the Euro server. Before the update I had a ton of latency, sometimes to the point that I would get stuck running in place or getting pulled back at times. I think there was one minor latency hiccup, but nothing that ruined the game for me. But, even on US servers earlier yesterday there were times where latency would spike and I'd not get detection on a shot and get killed because of it.

I played some games last night and the changes are nice. The A-91 is now a good carbine. It was not bad before, but there were better options. Now, it is at least an option. Even with the multiple nerfs, the DEagle is still very good, at least in a pistols only server. For general play and finishing off an opponent when the primary is dry, it may not be as good as option.

However, I am not really sure what is going on with the stuttering that I have not really experienced before. I am still getting the same frame rates as I was before, but some stuttering is more pronounced. I may need to play maps that are not Dragon's Teeth; the Dragon's Teeth maps are poorly optimized.

Is this game worth getting for the PS4? , used ones are getting cheap here.
I would defenitely recommend getting BF4.
Playing on PS4 myself I have close to 1000hr of gameplay spread over two accounts, I still enjoy BF4 very much and will play it for a 1000hr more if no other game reels me in.

I played some games last night and the changes are nice. The A-91 is now a good carbine. It was not bad before, but there were better options. Now, it is at least an option. Even with the multiple nerfs, the DEagle is still very good, at least in a pistols only server. For general play and finishing off an opponent when the primary is dry, it may not be as good as option.
The A-91 was actually one of my favorite weapons, its ROF made good for close combat especially since I always run a suppressor. Im going to give it a go hopefully this weekend :)

I would defenitely recommend getting BF4.
Playing on PS4 myself I have close to 1000hr of gameplay spread over two accounts, I still enjoy BF4 very much and will play it for a 1000hr more if no other game reels me in.
After yesterday's patch, the game is definitely worth buying.

Thanks guys, I played a lot of BF3 so really interested in BF4. I'll be getting it soon then 👍

I have now set a new goal for myself. Learn to master a heli.
Maybe, one day, I'll be able to dominate a map. :sly:
With this I noticed Shangai is a very good map to learn as there's no jets or AA tanks. Only the opposite Attack and transport heli.
Of course the amount of stingers are alsways random. :/

Shanghai only has AA tanks for Obliteration.

I'm slowly getting back to how I was with sniper rifles, but I think I need to stick to the 8x scope and not the hunter.

I played half a game of Classic Mode 1000 ticket Domination earlier before having to leave and I enjoyed the Classic game mode.

What is classic mode? Haven't seen anything about it on PS4, but my default server browser search is Rush, Conquest Large, Obliteration. Haven't checked browser options since the update released.

Classic mode: removes health/armor regeneration without a health pak/bag/repair tool; is squad leader spawn only; removes 3d spotting; utilizes magazine pool, instead of ammo pool; and has no killcam.

I just played two games with the AUG A3. The AUG was a solid, if not overly average, gun before the Fall Patch. Now, the AUG is a better rifle and not as forgettable.

I was also messing around with the combination of an ACOG and canted iron sights on the AUG and was pleasantly pleased with the results. With the removal of visual recoil, higher magnification sights are much more usable. I am going to continue messing around with weapons equipped with 3.4x or 4x sights and canted irons.

EDIT: I take that back. it is virtually the same game with few added features. Hit Registration is still abysmal.

Last edited:
Anyone here used the GOL?

I'm guessing it doesn't have it's Bad Company scope with the way the weapon customization is now.

That was my go-to rifle in Bad Company 2....

gol_scope.jpg

I was also messing around with the combination of an ACOG and canted iron sights on the AUG and was pleasantly pleased with the results. With the removal of visual recoil, higher magnification sights are much more usable. I am going to continue messing around with weapons equipped with 3.4x or 4x sights and canted irons.

To expand on this, I played a bit more with an ACOG/canted iron sight equipped AUG A3 and really like the combination. I also messed around with a PRISMA (3.4x)/canted iron sight combination on the G36C and really liked that setup also. And since I cannot play with a weapon for more than a round or three at most :lol:, I have moved on to the M16A4 and M4 setup with an ACOG and canted iron sights. I have not tried the M4 just yet, but the M16A4 has worked very well, outside of when I am able to hit the fire rate limit and get locked out of firing.

Back